OtakuBoards

Pok

Kristoff119

Here are some new pictures from the pokemon advance game. They really don't seem like they should be for the gba.
[IMG]http://pocketmedia.ign.com/pocket/image/pokemonadvance_041502_1.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://pocketmedia.ign.com/pocket/image/pokemonadvance_041502_4.jpg[/IMG]

If you want to see some more picks click [URL=http://mediaviewer.ign.com/ignMediaPage.jsp?channel_id=64&object_id=17508&adtag=network%3Dign%26site%3Dhandheldviewer%26pagetype%3Darticle&page_title=Pokemon+Battles%21]here[/URL].

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I agree, they don't look like they're from a GBA game.... it seems like they're of the GBC.... I'm thinking that the GBC could handle those graphics pretty easily...

I'm not going to get this game, simply because I've wasted my money on too many other Pokemon games...

[COLOR=indigo]They don't look half bad..... A change for the better from the other Pokemon graphics if you ask me... but still, on GBA? They can do better... [/COLOR]

• 1 month later...
What's the name of the unevolved form of Quagsire? 'Cause I think that first pokemon looks like a mutated version of him....o.O

Looks good, but 1 question. :D Are these the [i]only[/i] new pokemon coming out in the GBA version?

[color=indigo]No, there will be other new Pokémon in the GBA version... How many, has yet to be revealed, though... I think they should add 49 new Pokémon, so as to make a total of 300 all together. I think that's plenty... Also, it'd be nice if about 10 of them were dark types, since there seem to be so few of them in the 251 in G/S/C... It'd be [i]really[/i] nice to have something that could stand up to a Mewtwo... *wishes for a strong dark type to name "PsyKiller"* :toothy:[/color]

I heard that there are supposed to be 100 new Pokémon coming out with Pokémon Advanced, but how much truth that statement holds is beyond me. Oh, and SS, that's the pre-evolved of Wobbuffet. I don't know what its name is, though.

I think the reason they stopped Pokemon at 251 is because the game code uses one byte (8 bits of two positions) to hold the Pokemon number, and 2^8 is 256. Therefore, unless they want to rewrite the next Pokemon game from scratch, they have to keep 255 or lessPokemon. (The 0 byte means no Pokemon.)

[color=indigo]Ugh... I think the new male trainer looks even worse than the one in G/S/C... I think Ash is the best so far... Well, at least this new guy isn't wearing shorts... lol... *is remembering the trainers in R/B/Y, on Route 3* :laugh:

Somehow, though, I don't think those three new Pokémon will be your choices at the start of the game... I dunno, though, they might be, they just don't look like starting Pokémon to me... :twitch: Well, if they are, I'm also going to be choosing the middle one. Looks like a ghost type, which would be cool.[/color]

They sure do... but you know what another game means... more PKMN stadium games... eventhough pkmn has died down in America, they're trying... and by the looks of it, they need to try a bit harder on the graphics...

[color=indigo]Since when did graphics become important for Game Boy Pokémon games? I mean, really, if you want good graphics, go look at the art, or play Pokémon Stadium...

I'm still waiting to hear about the story, which is what I'm concerned about. Like I've said before, if it's basically the same story as the previous six games, I'm not going to buy it... Just traveling around collecting badges gets old after awhile, if you ask me...

But anyway, you have to remember that this game isn't going to be released for quite awhile... They've got plenty of time to work on the graphics, if they want...[/color]

Oh, that unevolved form of Wobbuffet is cute! It reminds me of a Pokemon I created. Her name is Patacata (she is always female, like Miltank). She is the evolved form of Misdreavus, and looks sort of like her except she has a body, plus a green necklace instead of a red one. She's SOOOOOOO cute!!! :tasty: Too bad I don't have a picture of her :( I do, however, have a picture of another Pokemon I created; her name is Chiiblue. I have a picture of her; the link is below this message. Altogether I created 149 Pokemon. Cool, huh? By the way, SS, the unevolved form of Quagsire is Wooper. He looks like that Wobbuffet form with fishbones sticking out of his head.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Oops! Forgot the picture. Here it is:

[IMG]http://C:\Documents and Settings\Rebecca\My Documents\ My Pictures\Blue.bmp[/IMG]

[color=indigo]Combined your double post... If you want to add something, use the edit button down in the bottom-right corner of the post... That's what it's for!

And you can't link to something on your hard drive. If you want to show a picture but it's not on the web, you can attach it to your post. - Desbreko[/color]

I think that they need to make a Legendary Poison Pokémon, and a Poison Eon. ^_^ But ya they need to even out the number of Pokémon in each type for sure. I wonder what the 3 new Beginners will be like and what the 3 new legendary Pokémon will be like. Maybe the Legendary Fish! LoL

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
When does PKMN:A come out in Japan? It doesn't look that bad, on the other screen shots the character has foot prints, ripples when they walk over water a long with a reflection and a shadow on a bridge.....

[color=indigo]I've been hearing that it's going to come out this summer in Japan, and sometime in 2003 for the US.

Oh, and I merged this and the "New Pix" thread, because they're both about the new Pokémon game coming out for the GBA.[/color]

When did the 5th Anime series start in Japan, normally the game with new Pokémon comes out before the games. Or they could release it when the movie comes out. Are they making 1 or 2 Versions?

[color=indigo]So far, they haven't said whether they're making one of two versions of the GBA Pokémon game. I'm hoping they'll just make one, and leave it at that. It's annoying, having to trade to get all of the Pokémon.

And the anime actually came out before R/B came out. Usually new Pokémon are shown in the anime and/or movies before the game with them is released. I'm not sure when the fifth season started, though.[/color]

[color=indigo]The two birds' names are Latios and Latias (I'm pretty sure about the second name, but not positive). I think the blue one in Latios. And I think they're related somehow... I can't think of any other reason they'd look so similar...[/color]