Jump to content
OtakuBoards

- - Kenshin banner/avatar Combo - -


Recommended Posts

Posted
Not the best thing I've done, but I decided to change my banner since so many people were asking why I hated every system. -__- Plus, it shows honor to Rurouni Kenshin's premire on Toonami. :) Any comments and critique are greatly apreciated.

[img]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=371406[/img]
Posted
[size=1]Very nice, as per always. I like the ghosted image in the background. Didn't notice it at first, but it's definitely a good touch.[/size]
Posted
Yeah, I didn't really want the image to jump out at you, but rather reward the people who look hard enough. ^_^ I was also considering of adding a quote in there, but I didn't want to risk it; there are so many things that could go wrong with font, font color/style, etc.
Posted
It's very good. The background especially, but I have a question. That is Enishi in the foreground, right? If so, where did you get the image. He's the one anime character that I think looks the best. I used to have him as my avatar when they used to have it uploaded here, but they went down and didn't bring that avatar back.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sara [/i]
[B][size=1]I like the ghosted image in the background. Didn't notice it at first, but it's definitely a good touch.[/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=ff00cc] [size=1]Wow, I didn't notice it until you mentioned it, Sara. ^_^;;;

I like it alot. ^^ The background and the characters all seem to blend in well with each other. I also like the grid-ish texture in the background, too. ^^[/color] [/size]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Kinetic [/i]
[B]It's very good. The background especially, but I have a question. That is Enishi in the foreground, right? If so, where did you get the image. He's the one anime character that I think looks the best. I used to have him as my avatar when they used to have it uploaded here, but they went down and didn't bring that avatar back. [/B][/QUOTE]
I havn't seen many episodes, so bear with me. Is Enishi actually Kenshin? Because that's the person that is used in the background - same as in my avatar. I'll PM you with the site I got it from if you want me to.
Posted
The banners great but the avatar's horrible. The avatar would be ok without the cut off corner. But I love the banner.
Posted
Maybe his avatar is saved in jpg format, as opposed to gif, where the cut off corner would be "invisible". :bluesweat

I don't know anything about the show myself, but the colors work well together in your banner.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by GinnyLyn [/i]
[B]Maybe his avatar is saved in jpg format, as opposed to gif, where the cut off corner would be "invisible". :bluesweat[/B][/QUOTE]
In that case, I did that on purpose, since my screen catches the background in white anyway. I hope that's what it's doing on other people's screens as well. ^_^ And the reason I cut it off in the first place was because I don't want it to seem like an ordinary, square avatar. Plus, the .jpg I use has a much higher quality than .gif.
Posted
[color=003399]nay [strike]Syk[/strike] Sky, it's light grey (backround of posts)... Thats the second time it's seemed different on your comp... What type of color does your computer have. 256? o_O [/color]
Posted
[color=hotpink][size=1]I always like your anime related stuff, Syk. That's why I have those cutesy avas you made me. I'm going to use them one day, I swear.

I just like the overall image. ^_^[/color][/size]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Syk3 [/i]
[B]I havn't seen many episodes, so bear with me. Is Enishi actually Kenshin? Because that's the person that is used in the background - same as in my avatar. I'll PM you with the site I got it from if you want me to. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=darkblue]
I meant the person in the foreground. But thanks, if you could give me that link, that would be great, because Enishi is really cool and makes a brief appearance in Kenshin.
[/color]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Tasis [/i]
[B][color=003399]nay [strike]Syk[/strike] Sky, it's light grey (backround of posts)... Thats the second time it's seemed different on your comp... What type of color does your computer have. 256? o_O [/color] [/B][/QUOTE]
It's actually running on a 32 bit color. o_O And that's the highest it can go! It anyone knows what I am talking about on Windows XP and knows how to change this, please tell me. :angel:
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Kinetic [/i]
[B][color=darkblue]
I meant the person in the foreground. But thanks, if you could give me that link, that would be great, because Enishi is really cool and makes a brief appearance in Kenshin.
[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]
Lol...I'm so stupid...*hits self in face* Even so, I didn't know the bad guy's name. ;) I think I'll edit my avatar and banner a bit, though.

[img]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=372497[/img]
Guest Chris
Posted
[color=green]i like it. i don't see anything wrong with your avatar now, but it looks better transparent. good job.[/color]

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...