Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Ginny shifts gears (AKA, not cute monsters or monsters period)


Recommended Posts

Posted
I decided to try some photorealistic stuff. I warn you, this only took about 45 minutes, so it's messy looking. If I had taken the time to--
*pauses*
--ahem. Comments, critiques, all that, welcome. ;)
Posted
deary me ginny lee

*hits self for that* That is wonderful. Splendid. I recommend you draw more stuff like that... me perhaps? No. . dont waste paper trying to draw me... LOL.! All i have to say is . . .WOWZA
Posted
Dangit, Sara, now you HAVE to tell me why you put that in there! It's gonna bug me forever if you don't! @_@

Erhm, back on topic, more [color=red]critiques[/color] and [color=blue]comments[/color] welcome.
Posted
[color=003399]It's Shaun ^^;;

Ginny, TAKE TIME to do what? That there is almost flawless... if there is a flaw, i haven't found it...

([size=1]It actually looks like the right facial features too! Amazing![/size])[/color]
Posted
*suddenly screams happily*
YOU CAN TELL WHO IT IS, YOU CAN TELL WHO IT IS!!!!
*grabs Tasis in a hug, then dances around*

Ginny has reached the next level of artist!! Until this point, people would always tell me the pic looked nice...but um, who was it?

THANK YOU ALL--YOU'VE MADE MY DAY!
(You can tell by all the caps. ^^)
Posted
I like it. I did some portrait drawing myself last semester. At first, I had a problem where I would try to pack too much detail into one place while under time constraints. So, I find your shading technique very impressive. The detail is well distributed and I can get a sense of where the light is coming from.

What kind of pencil did you use? Or was it charcoal? It looks very soft.

Nice work.
Posted
Would you believe mechanical pencil and my finger? =^^=

Though my teacher is working to get me toward charcoal, and I'm taking to it well. I wish I could show all of you, but they are just too big...unless I got a digital camera...hmmm.

Thanks, Charles!
Posted
My art teacher is having us draw pinecones. :P Exercise in futility if you ask me. I've gotten more shapeless blobs and random lines than there are people in my class.

I like the switch Ginny. :D Don't stop with the cuties, though!
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Tasis [/i]
[B][color=003399]It's Shaun ^^;;)[/color] [/B][/QUOTE] [SIZE=1]*pokes Ginny*



...and now you know.[/SIZE]
Posted
*laughs*

like i said. Very good...and umm yeah.. hehe niiice drawing subject ginny gin.. Very nice... Im still wishing i had artistic skills... ill just have to continue with what i have.. which is not much.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by GinnyLyn [/i]
[B]YOU CAN TELL WHO IT IS, YOU CAN TELL WHO IT IS!!!![/B][/QUOTE]

o_O

when I saw that pic in your blog, my reaction was "how could I not tell who that is".. heh..

seriously
Posted
Wow...Beautiful! I knew it was Shaun...*glares at Zeh* DAMN! YOU! I would have got a hug! >_<, lol. Anyway, very nice drawing indeed. The shading is just damn so sexy! I could just eat it all up :tasty:.
Posted
><;; I don't like you Ginny. You can draw photorealistic and I CAN'T.

But ott, I really, REALLY like that picture! ^_^ That is SOOOOO good! I love the shading the best though. You've gotten the shading PERFECT.

However, strangely enough, Shaun looks like Donovan . . . o_O;;

I luuurrrvvvee this picture, Ginny!

Yay Ginny! ^______^

--Sere
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by GinnyLyn [/i]
[B]I warn you, this only took about 45 minutes, so it's messy looking. [/B][/QUOTE] :eek: :eek:
[color=teal][size=1][b]It's not good to lie...haha...

I like it, and how can you call that "messy", sure as heck be "fresh and clean".[/b][/size][/color]
Guest Chris
Posted
[color=green] . . . . *is inspired for the first time in months, prints out the picture, and stares at it*

wow. i knew you were good and all, but . . . . . that is just about perfect. i don't like anyone other than me being perfect, so i spent 7 minutes looking for a flaw, and i succeded. his lips look like they curve up a little.

but seriously, ginny(if i may call you that), that is a level that all artists inspire to reach.

you amaze me yet again . . .[/color]
Posted
OK, so I lied. It actually took 37 minutes, and 45 seconds. For real. I was hoping to spend an hour on it, but I couldn't make it stretch that far.

And thanks all for the comments. You can always call me just plain ol' Ginny.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...