Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
This movie just came out on friday, in the US. I saw it last night(saturday). I thought it was awesome. The concept was def. stephen kingish, since he wrote it. At first, i thought it was just gonna be another Signs or something. However, this was totally different. It's awesome. If you haven't seen it, please do. If so, please post your thoughts.
Posted
[color=indigo]I think I would have liked this movie much more if I hadn't read the book. They cut out way too much of the story line in order to abbreviate it to movie length.

Now that you have seen the movie Veggito4, read the book (if you haven't already)...[/color]
Posted
A friend of mine has the book, and I'm planning on reading it. Stephen king is rather interesting to read.......you need a slightly warped mind to understand it. But are you really supposed to understand his books? Dilemma's, dilemma's.
Posted
[color=indigo]I ually think the book wll help you understand the movie...I could see how one wouldb left to ponder after the theatrical ending (and the more I think about it, the more I think that I would have enjoyed the movie a whole lot more if I hadn' read th book first...readingthe book second is the way to go.)[/color]
Posted
[color=red] I want to see this movie . Having read the book, finding it pretty good, I'm even more pumped.

I know I'll be left with a bad aftertaste after seeing it, knowing the book was better, but I'm always up for a nice, intense ride like [i]Dreamcatcher[/i] was to read. I've always been a fan somewhat of Stephen King. But some of his stuff is horrible. But that's the way authors are.[/color]
Posted
[COLOR=deeppink]I personally thought the movie was horrible!! I think eating glass would have been better. No offense to anyone who likes it. I just thought it was....o_O weird..and ....just horrible.[/COLOR]
Posted
Your welcome. Lol.

Well, if that kind of thing is not your style of entertainment, then dont worry about anything good. I just thought it would be alright, and not that great, but it was fantastic.
Posted
[color=darkblue]I started reading the book a couple of years ago, but, as I've noticed about most of his latest books, it took forever to get to the point. Until Vegitto4 described some of the movie to me, I still had no idea what it was about. What kind of movie was it supposed to be... scary or what?[/color]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Watinabe [/i]
[B]*Crap is more tasteful than this movie read the book* [/B][/QUOTE]

....and you know this how? oO!

No I'm not much for horor movies, unless they're good. By good I mean actually has a story behind it, not stupid stereotypical reactions to an axe murderer.
Posted
Well all I can say is I saw this movie and thought it was horrible, the worst movie i've seen this year. I was expecting something with maybe a good story and something that might scare me. Well it wasn't scary at all and I thought the story was beyond dumb.
One thing I did like though was the Final Flight of the Osiris. Even though I do not really relish the idea of watching two people have sword sex (alright it didn't quite get that bad, it was more like strip sword fighting.)
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by calumon_luver [/i]
[B][COLOR=deeppink]Yah the mini movie.Osiris was awsome! Will it become a full movie? I would want to see that..[/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]

*cough*Matrix:Reloaded*cough* Final Flight of the Osiris is kinda a prequel to the next Matrix flick, apparantly Reloaded starts out (spoiler, maybe) with the message that was left in that mailbox.

and no, I didn't really like Dreamcatcher that much but hey, to each his own.
Posted
[url]www.theanimatrix.com[/url] has all of the prequels, except FFoO, because it'sa dreamcatcher extra. But there are 9 epps, that will be out on dvd in june
Posted
I didn't like it. The only thing good about it was the acting job from the great cast (Morgan Freeman was a bit lacking I thought though). The first 30 minutes is really good, but after the bathroom scene, it pretty much just goes downhill. It was more of a gorefest than a suspensful and creepy vibe that Stephen King books mostly are. It also had way to much CGI. It seemed to be a more "save the world" type movie than a scary one. I just thought it was very lame. Hopefully the book is a lot better.

The hilight was Final Flight of the Osiris. Even more beautiful and realistic than FF the movie, and much more entertaining. I didn't really enjoy the sword fight at the beginning though, it just seemed to be a tech demo. Square has been known just to do stuff to see how far they could go...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...