OtakuBoards

How should we react?

Seifer

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Eternal Jehuty [/i]
[B]if it was america...[/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]If it was in America...then our country truly (can never spell that word right) has gone to hell. *heavy sarcasm*...

Hopefully the positive thing that will come out of this is people will stop putting themselves first and think of others for once. God only knows we could use a little of that from time to time...[/color]

[color=darkblue]The problem with this situation is that Americans are highly naive when it comes to understanding why someone would want to attack them.

As Americans, you see your countrymen going out there and doing good in the world...

But you're only seeing it from your perspective. You aren't living in a smaller country...with less power...and with less independance.

The Palestineans are often blamed for horrible acts, but you have to remember that their land was taken from them. Israel should not be allowed to just pretend like they aren't to blame. Israel essentially conquered Palestine and now occupy their land.

If I was a Palestinean, I'd be pretty angry too.

Having said that, no amount of anger justifies the attack of civilians under any circumstances.

Firstly, we need to find out if this is indeed Osama (sp?) Bin Laden and/or his various terror groups.

Once we know that, we need to mount a global effort to not only capture him and ALL involved in his groups...but we need to hold countries which have harboured him responsible.

The bottom line is that the United States can't do this alone. Yes, it's a world power...but it is only one country out of more than 200 globally.

Countries like Afghanistan have protected terrorists...and there has been little political will to do something about it.

EVERY country in the world needs to band together and find this guy...and hold all those harbouring terrorists accountable for their actions. Even if it means strong military attacks -- it's worth it for the sake of protecting people.[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i]
[B][color=darkblue]The problem with this situation is that Americans are highly naive when it comes to understanding why someone would want to attack them.

As Americans, you see your countrymen going out there and doing good in the world...

But you're only seeing it from your perspective. You aren't living in a smaller country...with less power...and with less independance.

The Palestineans are often blamed for horrible acts, but you have to remember that their land was taken from them. Israel should not be allowed to just pretend like they aren't to blame. Israel essentially conquered Palestine and now occupy their land.

If I was a Palestinean, I'd be pretty angry too.

Having said that, no amount of anger justifies the attack of civilians under any circumstances.

Firstly, we need to find out if this is indeed Osama (sp?) Bin Laden and/or his various terror groups.

Once we know that, we need to mount a global effort to not only capture him and ALL involved in his groups...but we need to hold countries which have harboured him responsible.

The bottom line is that the United States can't do this alone. Yes, it's a world power...but it is only one country out of more than 200 globally.

Countries like Afghanistan have protected terrorists...and there has been little political will to do something about it.

EVERY country in the world needs to band together and find this guy...and hold all those harbouring terrorists accountable for their actions. Even if it means strong military attacks -- it's worth it for the sake of protecting people.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]
so ur trying to say is that americans are stuck-ups (no, i dont take that quite offensively)
i know what u mean about this
but i still dont see on why we should be attacked like this
i dont care, but someday , we will nail that ****er that literally screw the USA over

sorry to all who thought i was saying the afganistans did it. I thought they did at first but they finally showed that no one knew and it wasnt us attacking. Oh and by the way transtic, You said seeing the same topic was annoying but this topic is different, well it was supposed to be different. The topic of this was how should we react but i guess everyone got side tracked or something.

who ever does it should pay though. Those stupid palestine people shouldnt be laughing either. If a big disaster happend there we would probably send some aid to the and help. all they can do is laugh at us.

quote:
yes, i do know on how you feel
but taking revenge is not a good idea
what if you kill that certain person, will it make the pain go away????
or what if there is a group that did this to us and you kill that entire group, will is make the pain and suffering go.
for my sake and the sake of others, i rather not take revenge but just wait.
going to war will just create more pain that is possibly impossible to get rid off.
so take my advice, i rather be myself and let things go. i know its hard but hey, theres nothing we can do about it
~Eternal Jehuty

hey, im takin that into effect
if anyone has feelings for revenge, i suggest that u read this

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Ice Dragon v2 [/i]
[B]
so ur trying to say is that americans are stuck-ups (no, i dont take that quite offensively)
i know what u mean about this
but i still dont see on why we should be attacked like this
i dont care, but someday , we will nail that ****er that literally screw the USA over [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=darkblue]I'm not saying that Americans are "stuck-ups" as such. I am, however, saying that Americans tend to be extremely naive when it comes to worldwide affairs.

Americans, for the most part, know very little about the rest of the planet. Yet we know a lot about you.

Why?

Because for us to have good economies...and strong political systems, it is important for us to understand the United States and to be able to do business with you.

But you don't phyiscally [i]need[/i] to understand us. So you often don't.

That's the primary issue. Having said that, I think that Americans are great people...I think it's fair to say that, as our Prime Minister said "Australians on the whole love and admire the American people". And that's very true. Our two societies have many similarities...and a strong and close history together.

So believe me, I feel very personally violated by this attack, even though it was based on the United States.

I'm just saying that we shouldn't jump to conclusions. Let's be calm...let's find out what really occurred...let's find out who really did this...and then we'll take action.[/color]

[B]

[color=darkblue]
I'm just saying that we shouldn't jump to conclusions. Let's be calm...let's find out what really occurred...let's find out who really did this...and then we'll take action.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]Once again, wise words from James. I, for one, completely agree.[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Seifer [/i]
[B]
who ever does it should pay though. Those stupid palestine people shouldnt be laughing either. If a big disaster happend there we would probably send some aid to the and help. all they can do is laugh at us. [/B][/QUOTE]

I commented on that in another topic... i suggest you read it.. I think it was the long one... it's on the last page

And Americans are some of the most arrogant people in the world... there's no doubt about that.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by BabyGirl [/i]
[B]

[color=deeppink]Once again, wise words from James. I, for one, completely agree.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=darkblue]

Thanks, BabyGirl. I presume that you read my announcement...(I was very tired when I wrote it, so I hope it was acceptable).

I just want to reiterate to all the Americans here (which would be 90% of our visitors) that my words in that announcement were very sincere...they truly came from my heart.

I think most Australians feel a strong bond with America. My entire family was utterly horrified when we saw this on the news.

I really hope that America...and Europe and Australia...and all of Asia...can work together to fix this problem.[/color]

[B]

[color=darkblue]I'm not saying that Americans are "stuck-ups" as such. I am, however, saying that Americans tend to be extremely naive when it comes to worldwide affairs.

Americans, for the most part, know very little about the rest of the planet. Yet we know a lot about you.

Why?

Because for us to have good economies...and strong political systems, it is important for us to understand the United States and to be able to do business with you.

But you don't phyiscally [i]need[/i] to understand us. So you often don't.

That's the primary issue. Having said that, I think that Americans are great people...I think it's fair to say that, as our Prime Minister said "Australians on the whole love and admire the American people". And that's very true. Our two societies have many similarities...and a strong and close history together.

So believe me, I feel very personally violated by this attack, even though it was based on the United States.

I'm just saying that we shouldn't jump to conclusions. Let's be calm...let's find out what really occurred...let's find out who really did this...and then we'll take action.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]
yes maybe u r right james
i do realize that the US is based on economy n govt to other countries
n yes, we shouldnt jump to conclusions

[B]
[color=darkblue]

Thanks, BabyGirl. I presume that you read my announcement...(I was very tired when I wrote it, so I hope it was acceptable).
[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]Quite acceptable, James. And it's actually very touching to know that you care a lot for the people of a country you yourself don't belong to. That's tolerance all right:)[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by BabyGirl [/i]
[B]

[color=deeppink]Quite acceptable, James. And it's actually very touching to know that you care a lot for the people of a country you yourself don't belong to. That's tolerance all right:)[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=darkblue]Thanks.

You know, there is something that could be positive here...in the sense that maybe this tragedy will encourage the allies (USA, Europe, Australia/NZ) to become closer...and to become more tolerant and peaceful.

Even though I think we're pretty much like that already, it certainly helps to work together in a time of crisis. We're no longer in "separate countries", we need to have the mentality that we're all global citizens. And what happens to one...affects the other.[/color]

[COLOR=green]But it's really difficult for me to cheer up and be marry right now since so much good fortune was brought to me these past couple of days only to be shattered by the events that took place when I got up from bed and turned on the TV. I know that I'll eventually get over it and my kids are probably going to wonder and ask what happened later on as they grow up...and the hardest part of it all will be explaining to them why...:rolleyes: [/COLOR]