OtakuBoards

Event

JJ

Should we do another reality rp?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Should we do another reality rp?

• Yes
    • No

Due to my bored day and frsh pot of coffee I have been reading OBBII. I think we should something like this again. What I mean is a whole website thing where we pick certain people and put them on a popular reality series. I don't know how many other pople agree with me but i thought i might suggest this.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by eve [/i]
[B]
but how about otaku idol [/B][/QUOTE]

How exactly you plan to do that... have people record themselves and upload it? lol... I doubt it would work, and if peopel were insane enough to do it, it'd be funny as hell. Sign me up as a judge if we ever do that.

[color=crimson]I think there should be some sort of new reality/game/glorified RP that should occur.

The problem being it takes a fair amount of planning, if you look in the OB BB2 sign up thread they had to filter through the various people who seemed like they would spam and such to end up with the basic contestents.

I still havent received my prize for winning ^_~ *beats Flash silently*

Also, James, didnt you have other sorts of things planned for in there?

:: bow to me ::[/color]

I already DID an Otakuboards Survivor in the RPG-area at the end of last year.

Now I've started a new one, with a Final Fantasy theme. So, if you're interested in both FF and Survivor, head to the recruitment-section! :D

~Sage the Survivor Master (guess who is applying to Finland's survivor this year? ;) )

DeathKnight I see what you are talking about and I can probably say that there might be those few people who can help with that. But yes there is that little problem so, I say we recruit people who can help the moderators and watch over people's posts and watch to see how they sign up. We also could judge by quality of posts. We could also see who wants to help in deciding the contestants. People who always give qualtiy when they post. Like the people who were in the last OB BB2. But these are just my ideas obviously.:worried: :eek: :D

Neh, we didn't have any spammer-problems in OB Survivor: Freakshow. Of course that depends on how you define spamming... Surely there were lots of wacky posting which wouldn't have gone through in normal thread, but it was pretty much the whole idea of the Survivor Freakshow: people were able to relax, without worrying so much on political correctiness or any of that kind of stuff.

Besides, all the people that got annoying were voted out pretty soon. Name of the game, you know.

But the purpose of this post was that "reality-roleplaying-games" CAN work without any special attention or guarding.

I would love to get another event organized in the near future. One of our staff members was working on an event, but I haven't received any updates concerning it in the past month, so I don't know if that particular project is actually going to happen or not. The floor is basically open.

That being said, I'm not sure if a reality role-playing game in the same vein as Big Brother is really desirable at this moment. I don't see how an rpg full of spam constitutes and event that the community cares about. That's just my own opinion, so I'm not discounting anyone's ideas entirely.

If a Survivor style event were to ever take place, a lot of effort would have to go into creating different tasks, assigning members to unbiased tribes and devising a voting system that includes the entire community. Would each tribe role-play in a different thread until the tribes merge? These are all issues that would need to be ironed out.

Pesonally, I'd love to get some kind of writing or poetry contest going. Perhaps it could be multifacted and we could include visual arts or exercises similar to the caption contest thread. And--there would be two judges and the community could act as the third judge. In these ways, it would be borrowing elements from a talent show.

I don't know how we can reward winners for any event in particular. A temporary custom title could be appointed to a member indicating that they won.

So, yeah, who knows. There are a lot of possibilities to work with here.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Charles [/i]
[B]I

Pesonally, I'd love to get some kind of writing or poetry contest going. Perhaps it could be multifacted and we could include visual arts or exercises similar to the caption contest thread. And--there would be two judges and the community could act as the third judge. In these ways, it would be borrowing elements from a talent show.

I don't know how we can reward winners for any event in particular. A temporary custom title could be appointed to a member indicating that they won.

So, yeah, who knows. There are a lot of possibilities to work with here. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=black][size=1][font=rockwell] I like the poetry idea, heh. [i]That[/i] sounds like a great idea.[/color][/size][/font]

[color=003399]I'd love to help to get something going. Maybe we could have events happening all the time around here, so people have things to look forward to?

It'd be great to see more things like OBBB2. We could get a team of members together to organize events like this, if that sounds alright?[/color]

Guest Hikaru Ichijyo
I have a tournament going on in Duel Monsters in the Yugioh forum that I'm trying to organize but as far as events on OB go there needs to be more of them...O.o it's senseless to let a forum collect dust like that in my opinion. But then again planning things takes a lot of time and if you give out prizes money.

Something that no one really has time for anymore. Though perhaps you guys should hold a poetry, fanfic, or Art contest? Just a suggestion...

I'm more interested in an art contest... with some specific conditions. It has to have a few areas in it, and people can compete in any one... their placement in each category would give a certain number of points. These would be added up to determind a winner in each category, as well as an overall.

There has to be a few different things... First, hand drawing. Second, photoshop stuff... and 3rd, colored or computer drawn illustrations (ie, not Photoshop compilations).

In each of those three groups there would be two sections... one where the person can do whatever they like, and another with exact guidelines and purposes (mostly because I notice a lot of people here are good at Photoshop or drawing, but when it comes to doing something according to specifications and making it usable, they don't do as well).

Those are my thoughts anyway... I don't know jack about poetry in general, and considering how dead that forum is right now, I'd much rather see an art contest.

[color=#808080]The key thing is that we don't want to be too complex. OBBII was very popular and it worked because it was a weird diversion from reality.

But by all means, we can have multiple kinds of events. Charles is now in charge of handling all OB events, so I trust that things are being planned at the moment. But yes, as has been said, it does take quite a long time to plan and operate events. It can be very time consuming.

As for prizes...unfortunately, there are factors that can limit that. I mean, right now we are changing advertisement sponsors and are thus earning no revenue. As a result, it's much more difficult to issue a physical prize or something. It costs money. So, we'll do it [i]if we can[/i], but we cannot make any promises for obvious reasons.[/color]

Neh, I don't think the prizes are a real problem. C'mon, who joins a messageboard rpg to win anything? I gave Rain, the winner of the OB Survivor a banner (which was far from a good one), and she was perfectly satisfied with it. (Weren't you, Rain? ;) )

It's the game itself that appeals - at least here. And as for the contests within the game, I found it fun to do, althought in some cases the rules were a bit unclear. But anyways I managed to pull it through to the end.

And now, as I said, another Unofficial OB Survivor is starting at the recruitment section. (Funnily I get a feeling that nobody's listening to me... :therock: )

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by sage [/i]
[B].

And now, as I said, another Unofficial OB Survivor is starting at the recruitment section. (Funnily I get a feeling that nobody's listening to me... :therock: ) [/B][/QUOTE]

If no one was listening to you, I wouldn't have commented on OB Survivor in my above post. ~_^

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Charles [/i]
[B]If no one was listening to you, I wouldn't have commented on OB Survivor in my above post. ~_^ [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=003399]I never check the recruitment forum unless someone tells me to, and i saw that post and joined, so some people are listening.

Hmm, i gotta make it a point to think of some ideas for events, i got a lot of free time for the next few weeks.[/COLOR]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Tasis [/i]
[B][COLOR=003399]
Hmm, i gotta make it a point to think of some ideas for events, i got a lot of free time for the next few weeks.[/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=indigo]Actually, a new event will be begining in just a couple days...I am hammering out the details right now. Tasis, drop me a PM if you would be interested in lending a hand.[/color]