Patronus Posted April 18, 2003 Posted April 18, 2003 I will post my banners here, and I would like to see what you think. Here is the one I just did. It is simple, but nice, I think
Nataniamon Posted April 19, 2003 Posted April 19, 2003 O.o interesting. i like it personally. hope you make a few more to show off. ^^
GinnyLyn Posted April 19, 2003 Posted April 19, 2003 They all seem rather...well...plain. You're falling into the Common Image trap too many peeps go for. HOWEVER, the Beelzemon banner is the best of the three, and not just 'cause I've always liked Beelzemon. ^^ That image is a lesser known one, and as such, makes a better impact. Plus, the quote's funny. What program are you working with, ooc?
Patronus Posted April 25, 2003 Author Posted April 25, 2003 I am using PhotoImpression4...a lesser known one, but I like it. You can have the Beelzemon one if you like ^_^ Heres another...
Juu Posted April 25, 2003 Posted April 25, 2003 [color=ff00cc] [size=1]Hmm... I'd have to agree with Ginny. They look somewhat...plain. I think the only reason they do is because of the text. You should download some new text types, to spiff them up a little more. ^_^ That Arial/Veranda font kinda makes the whole banner seem plain. But the picture with the blue background looks really nice. [/color] [/size]
Patronus Posted April 25, 2003 Author Posted April 25, 2003 Do you know where I could get some downloads??
Hittokiri Zero Posted April 25, 2003 Posted April 25, 2003 ay, very simple, very simple indeed. *forces self to not comment any further* If you just want a good image program just download Photoshop 7.0 off of Kazaa lite =0.
Guest smiLeS o_O Posted April 28, 2003 Posted April 28, 2003 they look.. simple and i have to agree with the others.. kind of plain
Nate Posted April 29, 2003 Posted April 29, 2003 I liek them, Zach. They are plain, but i like all of them. The Beelzemon lookes best. (did i spell that wrong?) But, add more stuff into them.
Patronus Posted April 29, 2003 Author Posted April 29, 2003 [COLOR=blue]Until I get enough time to download PSP7 (which is approx. 5 hours), my banners will be kinda plain. But I kinda like plain.[/COLOR]
GinnyLyn Posted April 29, 2003 Posted April 29, 2003 More and more, Strabi's looking like an Imp/Rena cross. Oo; I'd still say use uncommon images. Those two pics will be well known soon enough, sadly. Ones like the Flamedramon really stick out--HOWEVER, there is always the matter of remembering to give credit where credit is due, in this case, the artist.
Patronus Posted May 3, 2003 Author Posted May 3, 2003 This banner is REALLY REALLY simple, but I like the phrase. It's from Jewel's song, Foolish Games. [color=teal]EDIT:[/color] oops..forgot to attach it :rolleyes: [color=teal]Do NOT double post. There are many ways to avoid this, such as the edit button. -Syk3[/color]
GinnyLyn Posted May 3, 2003 Posted May 3, 2003 Play with the placement of the text more on (darn)banner, and you could have something there. As for the newest one, you've mixed familiar images with less familiar ones. Good. Now let's see you do something with the background. Also, a good balance for the banner would be to have all four boys the same "size", if possible. Takato got cut off, and Davis looks way in the back there. ^^ Keep working those banners!
Patronus Posted May 5, 2003 Author Posted May 5, 2003 heres another one...X-men is my new fav (after Charmed and Digimon)...but not the cartoon...X2!!!
Guest Steiner Posted May 6, 2003 Posted May 6, 2003 The digimon banners are good but the writing takes too much focus of the pictures u should make the font smaller then it would have a better affect on them
Sara Posted May 8, 2003 Posted May 8, 2003 [size=1]Logan, Syke's already asked you not to double post in this thread... ^_^; It would be nifty if you could get the X to stay in one spot while the characters flash by.[/size]
Patronus Posted May 8, 2003 Author Posted May 8, 2003 Sara, I've seen people double post for posting two different pics and them not get in trouble. Thought it was allowed.
GinnyLyn Posted May 8, 2003 Posted May 8, 2003 Hey, easy there. Double posting is [i][b]against the rules.[/b][/i] People who are doing so need to be reported, because it has been CLEARLY stated again and again not to double post, no matter what the excuse. (Will edit this to include ratings soon--need to go for now.)
Syn Posted May 9, 2003 Posted May 9, 2003 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by GinnyLyn [/i] [B]Hey, easy there. Double posting is [i][b]against the rules.[/b][/i] People who are doing so need to be reported, because it has been CLEARLY stated again and again not to double post, no matter what the excuse. (Will edit this to include ratings soon--need to go for now.) [/B][/QUOTE] Cant help it if you need to attach two images, vB only allowes one attachment per post. Love the x-men banner, the animated one, I cant do animation >>; annoys me, yours looks nice though.
Syk3 Posted May 10, 2003 Posted May 10, 2003 Sorry I didn't catch this before. It doesn't matter if vb doesn't allow you to attach only one image per post; if it means that much to you, then just wait until someone else posts. It's not that hard to avoid the problem. :whoops: If anyone sees a double post and hasn't gotten in trouble for it, please report that post to me. By the way, I deleted your second post. ;)
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now