OtakuBoards

X2: XMen United

Ryan

[color=black][size=1][font=rockwell] It was a great movie. Nightcrawler got me thinking about my ties with God, the love and such got me thinking there. And now I'm sitting here thinking about it all over and over again.

Pensive is a place I go too often.[/color][/size][/font]

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by V-Rob [/i]
[spoiler]Actually, his name is Remy LeBeau. You'll also notice Snowbird from Alpha Flight, Mastermind (Stryker's son), Jubilee, and Siryn.[/spoiler]

[/QUOTE]

[spoiler]When did Snowbird come into the movie? I know Siryn was the one yelling and Jubilee was in class with Profesor X, but I didn't see Hank McCoy or Gambit, where were they?[/spoiler]

[color=darkblue][b][size=1]Spoiler tags added. -Shy[/color][/b][/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Zanarkand Abes [/i]
[B][spoiler]When did Snowbird come into the movie?[/spoiler][/quote][/b]
[size=1][spoiler]When Wolverine arrives at the dam in the beginning of the movie he sees a white wolf. I also thought that the wolf was supposed to be that person from Alpha Flight, heh.

Hank McCoy (Beast) appeared on a television news program during the movie, and Remy Le Beau's (Gambit) appeared on the computer screen when Mystique was printing files from Stryker's base in Washington.
[/spoiler]
-Shy[/size]

[spoiler]Thanks, and if I am not mistaken, in the comic series, Pheonix was an alien entity which possesed Jean Grey and sent her on an evil rampage. The X-Men tried to contain it and force the Pheonix out of her, but the Pheonix killed itself and Jean Grey with it. Later, Jean came back to life somehow, and had the Pheonix power along with her telapthy and telekenesis, which explains why she could not control her powers lately and had the nightmares progressing. That could have been the way the author wrote in the possesion of Jean Grey[/spoiler]

[color=red][size=1][font=arial][spoiler]There were lots of names of mutants on the computer. Here's the rundown from [url=http://www.movie-mistakes.com]The Big List Of Movie Mistakes[/url]...

"Keniucho Harada is The Silver Samurai; Garrison Kane is Kane from the Weapon X program; Remy LeBeau is Gambit; Eric Lansherr is Magneto, though it is supposed to be spelt Erik; Artie Maddicks is Big Eyes; Jamie Madrox is Multiple Man; Xi'an Coy Mahn is Karma; Maximoff (2) are the brother and sister Pietro and Wanda, Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch of the Avengers, both are the children of Magneto; Kevin McTaggart is Proteus, Son of Moira McTaggart; Danielle Moonstar is Mirage, Psyche; Ororo Munroe is obviously Storm; Franklin Richards (You only see the "Lin Richards" clearly), the son of Reed Richards (Mr Fantastic) and the Invisible Woman (Sue Richards)."

Also, there were two folders on the computer. One was entitled "Omega Red" (Wolverine's enemy) and the other was "Muir Island" (home to X-Man Banshee)[/spoiler]

--Chris[/color][/size][/font]

I think X2 is a far better film than the first, which also makes it much better than Spiderman, which I hated.

Wolverine is a cigar smoking mack-daddy, Hugh Jackman is great in that role. Nightcrawler fighting at the very beginning was excellent, but then he was good again and a boring life-saving guy, damn christians...

I just want to test something: [img]http://www.geocities.com/ether_song/boxfunk.txt[/img]

Hmm, if the image shows up here why does it not work in my signiture? Crazy.

[color=red][size=1][font=arial]Jubilee's power is the ability to turn energy into a plasma like form, and shoot it via her fingers. It resembles fireworks.

The screaming girl, as I believe someone already mentioned, is Siryn, daughter of X-Man Banshee (who did not appear in the film).

Also on the computer was Project Wideawake, which was the Sentinal project. Stryker was a busy fellow.

Anyways, I really enjoyed the movie. Great action with some wondeful special effects. It does have it's flaws however. Cyclops seemed really out of character. He was just really whiny and it seems that they threw him in just to create a tacky love triangle.

They also focused on the Iceman/Rogue storyline too much. I felt that the scene with Iceman and his parents was important, but their teen angsty love got annoying, and took away development from other characters. In X3, I hope they just leave that storyline in the backburner and not make a big deal out of it.

Since there were so many characters, it was hard to develop any. Wolverine of course was focused on, so his character progressed. Same with Jean Grey. Mystique also played a bigger role. Magneto really didn't pick up until the third act. Storm was almost nonexistant and didn't contribute anything to the plot. Nightcrawler was a fun addition, but he just seemed thrown in.

For X3, I hope they don't focus on some characters (Storm, Iceman, Rogue), focus on the newcomers (hopefully Jubilee, Colossus, and Gambit), and improve some (Cyclops, Magneto although he was great in the first film).

So overall it was a great, fun film. The number of mutants is great, but it can get frantic sometimes. I just wish that they would use some mutants just for action scenes instead of cluttering the storyline with thme (just let Iceman have a duel with Pyro or something).

Is it just me, or is this movie too hyped? Don't get me wrong, I love X-Men. And all comics for that matter, but when the first movie was released it was hyped no way near this much. I'm sure the movie is good from what the folks here and other places have said, but does anyone else see a bad trend coming from Marvel? You know, a whole wave of over-merchandised movies that may not even be good like *cough*Hulk*cough*. I just hope X2: X-men United is going to be a preview of what kind of action and storyplot we can see in the Hulk feature, but who knows. Well, at least its safe to say everyone should see both to compare. I am. ;)

I enjoyed the movie a lot. In fact, I saw it twice, just to catch everything that I missed the first time.

It was a bit drawn out, but I enjoyed it more than I did the last one. The opening scene, in particular, was terrific. They really portrayed the Nightcrawler character well.

[spoiler]It's too bad they didn't mention him being Mystique's son, though. But, I suppose they could save that for later. I wonder if Rogue will still be her child too.[/spoiler]

The cast, in general, did a great job. Some people criticize the actor who plays Cyclops for not filling the role as well as he should, but his rigid acting is perfect for the part.

That being said, I would have liked to have seen more of Colossus. His small part had me wanting more, but oh well.

I can definitely say that I'm really looking forward to the next installment in the series. Anyone who's seen this film knows who the main villain will be, but I sure hope that Juggernaut plays some kind of role.

I loved Magneto's jailbreak, and later his 'change of plans' to Stryker's kill-all-mutants thing. It showed just how ruthless he really is. Too many bad guys turn into saints when they join up with the heroes, but Magneto's vendetta and just how far he's willing to go remain intact.

As for Mastermind, remember that Jason Wyngarde is just an alias. I have an issue of "X-Men: The Hidden Years" that has Jean captured by Blob and Mastermind. The caption says "...Fred J. Dukes, the evil mutant called the Blob... Mastermind, who sometimes calls himself Jason Wyngarde..." and I remember reading something else that showed that Jason Wyngarde was an alias, but I don't remember exactly what, or in which issue. Anyway, the writers never tried to hide the fact that Jason Wyngarde isn't Mastermind's real name. So, he could easily be Stryker's son. [spoiler]I just don't see how, with him practically lobotomized and now presumably dead in the flooding of the complex, the Phoenix Saga can go as it's supposed to. Mastermind was the member of the Hellfire Club who sparked Phoenix's change to Dark Phoenix.[/spoiler] Mastermind was one of my favorite baddies, so though it was good to see him in action, it was really sad to see him pretty much reduced to being a machine with no will of his own. Still, with no one to whisper into his ear to tell him what to do, he was able to keep Xavier thinking he was back at the school and at the same time make the X-Men see the little girl instead of himself and Xavier.

Other people I wish they hadn't killed off in both movies: Senator Kelly, Henry Peter Gyrich, Yuriko/Deathstrike, and if he's really dead, Sabretooth [spoiler]for the sake of the Mystique and Nightcrawler thing.[/spoiler] (Could Sabretooth survive a point-blank full-power Cyclops blast and then a fall of that distance? I know he's incredibly hard to kill, like Wolverine only stronger.

The thing with Jean's powers should have been done differently, because it's hard for a longtime fan not to think in terms of the comics. Comic Jean would have had no problem stopping both missiles, so I didn't know that her ability to stop one of them was supposed to be her powers being [i]stronger[/i] then they should have been until someone mentioned it later. (Speaking of things not as strong as they should have been, a Blackbird would have no trouble at all evading those missiles. Then again, that could be thinking in comic terms again, because I'm not sure they ever said the plane was a Blackbird in the [i]movies.[/i])

I loved the cameos of the other mutants, like Colossus, Shadowcat, and Siryn. I heard that Gambit would be in it, so I was disappointed his 'appearance' was just a profile on a screen. I also wish we'd seen more of Hank McCoy, because he's my favorite X-Man. There have been so many X-folks over the years that in twenty movies they still wouldn't be able to have [i]every one[/i] be part of the principal cast, so that the ones we saw only getting short bits was to be expected. I'm surprised Iceman got such a big part.

Mystique got to speak more this time (in her true form, she only got one line in X1: "People like you are why I was afraid to go to school as a child.") I did notice that her voice reverb was missing for most of X2 (When Nightcrawler is asking about her powers and says "even the voice?" it [i]really[/i] stands out that Mystique's voice has been perfectly normal during the conversation.) I wish Mystique and Rogue had more interaction, given the fact that Rogue was Mystique's surrogate daughter before joining the X-Men. [spoiler]I also wish they'd touched on the whole Mystique/Sabretooth/Nightcrawler connection.[/spoiler] Mystique and Sabretooth's son is Graydon Creed.

I wish Storm got a bigger part. In the cartoon and comic, she's always so majestic, and larger than life. She'd ride into the air with her cape flowing all around her (As far as I know, all of her costumes (and she's had more than anybody else I can think of) except for one have involved something big and flowing.) and look just as impressive as the lightning she was bringing. It was easy to imagine how the Africans thought she was a goddess before she joined Xavier. This Storm's no slouch, but she isn't quite so imposing.

This was better than the first, though, and I can't wait for X3. I hope it's not just a trilogy, and they put out another X movie every few years. There's so much they could do.

Say, who was the kid controlling the TV supposed to be? I haven't read all the comics so I don't know he is.

[font=arial][size=1]Ok I know I have been trying to post in here, but life gets crazy once May starts for Seniors. Anywho. The movie was great and I loved the opening scene. Nightcrawler was incredible. Also I hope that with the X3 movie when it comes out that they don't kill it. I loved the movie and it was MUCH MUCH better than X-men. I know that they had to lay background down for those unfamiliar with the comics, but I do know that this was great and I loved how things worked out. I hope that they can work more with some of the main characters, and cut some scenes with the Rogue/Iceman love story. I would like to see more on the Scott/Logan friendship. Also I can't wait to see how they work [spoiler]Phoenix/Jean Grey back into the movie. It was awesome at then end when Jean was holding up the jet, and blocking the water. She even had a bit of a firery glow. That was just awesome. [/spoiler] Well yeah, over all it was a great movie. [/font][/size]

I finally saw it, heh. I hope all those people who were bugging me will finally stop.

I thought it was a pretty good movie. It wasn't the best I've ever seen, and even though I really tried to like it, it just wasn't as good as some people were telling me, but it was good. Currently, I'm trying to figure out why, in some aspects, I didn't really didn't like it. o_O First of all, I didn't really like X-Men to begin with. I never got into the comics, and those who did, at the time, wern't people who I was friends with, so that kind of left a bad taste in my mouth. Secondly, although Wolverine kind of came off as the main character, there were so many people to keep track of that it was kind of...I don't know, boring? The movie wasn't boring, though, just that aspect. Also, the powers were a tad bizzare, and hard to believe. It kind of went too science fiction for me somewhere.

It was a great film for what it's worth, but I just don't think I'll be able to get into movies like that. My favorite part was when [spoiler]Wolverine went into that room that he got his metal stuff, and he had all those flashbacks, like when he was all bloody. The fight with that women was amazing; I had been wondering how the heck it would be possible to kill someone like him. Speaking of which, that was WAY too strange how the women had the exact same everything as Logan.[/spoiler]

[color=red][size=1][font=arial]For the record, I remember reading when the first one came out that the initial cast signed a three picture deal...and, judging by the current box office intake, I'd say X3 is a given ^_^

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by JCBaggee [/i]
[B][color=red][size=1][font=arial]For the record, I remember reading when the first one came out that the initial cast signed a three picture deal...and, judging by the current box office intake, I'd say X3 is a given ^_^

--Chris[/color][/size][/font] [/B][/QUOTE]
I heard somewhere it was for five movies, but I'm not sure how they'd keep it up. o_O

[size=1][color=royalblue][i]Well folks fox has said there def. will be a third film...Most of the main players are back on for a sequel. Jackman hasnt said no and he hasnt said yes...He may have a conflict of scheduling since hes gonna be on a broadway show for awhile...

Halle is def. not coming back...Her ego is just too big for the film and at this point wouldnt come back unless the whole film revolved around storm :rolleyes:

Singer hasnt confirmed or denied either...Mckellan will only come back if he likes the script and what they do with magneto as a character.

There have been rumors of gambit and beast both having roles in the next film...Only time will tell i suppose... :cross:[/i][/color][/size]