OtakuBoards

hate..........

17yamcha

i want to say.........i need to say....is that i really didnt think much about the terrorist attack....... but tonight i heard one of my freinds b/f and best freind was killed.....and i creid.....but also i realized some thing.....you are going to kill me for saying this.....the terrorists tehy died beliveing in waht they belived....there not bad....... tehy died beliving in what they thought was truelly right..... can u blame them for that? what is the true criminal to this heinus crime is when......when people.....*cries* when they teach the younger generation that people of differnet belifes.........or race....or opinion are wrong and bad......because that is wrong.....everyone has a opinion that helps anotehr person.....and what makes are world work is when people can give differnet opinions....so i want to say dont only blame the terrorists balme the people that drilled them in the belife taht other people are inferior to urself.....taht is the true crime......this is what i belive.....people mey hate me......but this is what i belive in and will stand up for this.....even though others might think i am wrong

i cant really side or not to side with this opinion. n no im not gonna kill you. yes, they did die for what they believed in. but i still say that kamikazing to the twin towers was uncalled for. yes, we are all pissed and sad over our lost loved ones. but i cant really side to this and not to side. i have a mixed feeling over things. but this was a good opinion

They took their beliefs out in inappropriate and foolish ways. No matter what you believe in, you never have to kill thousands of civilians to make it known.

The problem is that that oppinion can go for almost any insane person or group in the world. Do you think we should blame the Nazi party for killing millions upon millions of jews? of course we should, but they were only doing what they beleived was right. So I will have to dissagree with you. Just because they felt it was right doesn't make it right. What they did was completely uncalled for and they should be punished severely for their idiocy.

[SIZE=1]Honestly, I feel no strong emotion towards the attack. Sure I'm a little bit angered by the event, but not enough to change the way I am. I'm very apathetic towards things that don't concern me personally. When I saw the footage of the planes crashing into the Twin Towers and the wreckage of the Pentagon, I was just like 'Ok, so what? It's happened in just about every other country. Now it's happened to us. Who cares? We're currently the strongest nation, we will get the assialants back.' I'm completely aware that a lot of people died, and people that you might know have died, and for that I'm sorry. But did [i]I[/i] know these people? No. If I hold no emotional attachment to the people or thing(s) that are attacked, I dont take it it any way. Thousands of people die every day, we just arent completely aware of it. Do you feel sorry for them? No. Becasue you dont know that there's something to be sorry for. If this event wasn't televised or announced in any way, no one would have known it happened cept the people that were there. I hold no emotional attachment to this country, or most of it's people. I feel that the mourning should be done by those that can actually mean it (the people who knew those who were killed). Now if someone that I knew died (friend or family)? Yes,it would strike that chord of rage in me. It's one thing to attack someone I don't even know, but it's a whole nother thing to attack some I do know and cherish. Then I'll be able to feel what you people are feeling. But until then, I'm just sorry that I can't understand what you're going through. Be mad at me if you must, but you just gotta understand what I'm talking about.[/SIZE]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by PiroMunkie [/i]
[B][SIZE=1]Honestly, I feel no strong emotion towards the attack. Sure I'm a little bit angered by the event, but not enough to change the way I am. I'm very apathetic towards things that don't concern me personally. When I saw the footage of the planes crashing into the Twin Towers and the wreckage of the Pentagon, I was just like 'Ok, so what? It's happened in just about every other country. Now it's happened to us. Who cares? We're currently the strongest nation, we will get the assialants back.' I'm completely aware that a lot of people died, and people that you might know have died, and for that I'm sorry. But did [i]I[/i] know these people? No. If I hold no emotional attachment to the people or thing(s) that are attacked, I dont take it it any way. Thousands of people die every day, we just arent completely aware of it. Do you feel sorry for them? No. Becasue you dont know that there's something to be sorry for. If this event wasn't televised or announced in any way, no one would have known it happened cept the people that were there. I hold no emotional attachment to this country, or most of it's people. I feel that the mourning should be done by those that can actually mean it (the people who knew those who were killed). Now if someone that I knew died (friend or family)? Yes,it would strike that chord of rage in me. It's one thing to attack someone I don't even know, but it's a whole nother thing to attack some I do know and cherish. Then I'll be able to feel what you people are feeling. But until then, I'm just sorry that I can't understand what you're going through. Be mad at me if you must, but you just gotta understand what I'm talking about.[/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]

I personally think its less about how we feel, but how we feel for them. if you were standing beside some one who's husband or wife just got killed in the accident, you would just feel sympathy for them, not neccisarily feel rage. I have no personal thing with anyone that died either, but I feel for those who did and thats the only things that matters. And apparently the rest of Canada does because we according to reports every school in the west stood and gave The us a moment of silence.....right in the middle of my smoke too :(

If everyone thought like you, Piromunkie, nobody would've went to donate blood, nobody would've went to help the firefighters, none of that. Sometimes you have to do things for others, even if it in no way affects you.

Guest Master O Beans
...if you can post your beliefs, then so shall I.

...I think this thread is ridiculous, therefore, I'm not even going to grace it with a serious comment.

Sincerely -
-Master O Beans

P.S. - Anyone who supports the actions of the terrorists, or justify them in anyway...is more than welcome to burn right along side them in he||.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Master O Beans [/i]
[B]...if you can post your beliefs, then so shall I.

...I think this thread is ridiculous, therefore, I'm not even going to grace it with a serious comment.

Sincerely -
-Master O Beans

P.S. - Anyone who supports the actions of the terrorists, or justify them in anyway...is more than welcome to burn right along side them in he||. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=darkblue]Nobody is saying they support or justify the actions of these terrorist -- don't be so stupid.

I think that your comments are failing to recognize the problem.

We are talking about people who are desperate...and who are in a situation where they have been "conquered" by Israel. They have suffered years upon years of terrorism and death...and this is their reason for attacking the USA.

Having said that, while we may understand their reasoning...we should never justify or accept the actions they take.

I don't forgive any kind of terrorism whatsoever. But that doesn't mean I can shut people out and not listen to their concerns.

To do that is truly irresponsible.[/color]

I forone will NEVER condone any act of violence...

If they want their religion to be known, then they better start converting people, cause this crap just causes more hate than love for the Muslims.

The sad thing is, the three major monotheistic religions are all tied to one another by ONE man... Abraham.
This may not be known or not have any relevance, but me gonna say it anyway

Three Major monotheistic religions: Muslim, Jewish, Christianity

All come together with one man, Abraham. As you may know Abraham was spoken to by an angel and said you will lead a great city and have many followers if you devote your life to me. He did... God put him through test, including seeing if he would sacrafice his son, Issac (i think) Abraham is basically the leader of the Jewish people. They are God's "chosen people" or so it says... whatever... anyway, Abraham had 2 sons, Issac and some other guy who's name escapes my mind... anyway... Issac's side eventually gives birth to Jesus.... and Abraham's other son's side eventually gives birth to Muhamed (sp?).

Jesus was born in supposedly, 8-6 BCE (being politically correct, BCE stands for Before Common Era)... Muhamed was not born till some 600 years later... Anyway, jesus leads these people... blah blah, ask someone who knows the story better than I do from here...

600 years later, Muhamed born, lived... one day the Angel Gabriel came down and told him a buncha stuff on how to do whatever and so Muhamed became the prophet for Mulims. Which soon gained a rather large following... Christianity is very big this time I do believe... well after Constantine... not sure though.... anyway....

Basically this is a religious war... Prior WWII, Palestine owned what we now call Isreal. it was Palestine... After WWII, We Americans and whoever else basically said "You know, those poor Jewish people... since they suffered so much, lets give them their land back" and they gave them what is now Isreal. Palestines were litterally lined up byt the thousand and transported out of the new country... many died, many had to live in rotten places.. tent... One guy, who works at my college said he lived throught that. His dad took old clothes or something and had to build a simple tent out of it which they lived in for YEARS! To say the least, they were extremely pissed and the war between them and the Jews os Isreal has been going on since.

They all basically want Jeruselum back (sp?) It's the holy land to ALL of the three major monothiestic religions... to the christians, it's the place where Jesus was crucified... the holy land for which he died for. To the jewish, it's the site of the very first Jewish temple. (which is later destroyed during the Roman empire, all that remians is one wall) and to the Muslims, this is where Muhamed assended into heaven. Infact on the very spot this happened, they built a mosque called "the Dome of the Rock"

it's holy land to all... this is basically a crusade we are entering....

Anyway, but to show off what you think is right by killing innocent people in the US for whatever reason.... God doesn't want this.... he would never want this.... this is not an act of God... these people did this cause they were too stupid to think ratioanlly... and the US is going to bomb them or whatever, if we so do chose so, because of the same reasons.... this will not stop till people sit down and disguss what they are actually doing in God's name.... it's almost sickening to see this....

BTW: I know Palenstine is probably not responcible, but the whole thing with Isreal and Palenstine and the Afganistan people are mostly Muslim, they side with Palenstine... it's all connected... Everything in this matter is connected to religion in one way or another.... SADLY......

Wow.... this post is WAY to long.

You're right...if we do go into war, it'll break all American ideals of brining justice. But the mood is complete and utter vengence right now, even in congress and all around the nation. An act of war was commited against the united states, by an unknown force and that makes it even more devistating, especially now that you can point fingers at anybody and anything, particularly people of the middle east. It's happened at my school already...and it wasn't a pretty sight...

Guest Master O Beans
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i]
[B]

[color=darkblue]-- don't be so stupid.

color] [/B][/QUOTE]

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, these are mine. So feck off :) Ha! jk of course. but seriously though, that's how I feel.

[B]Nobody is saying they support or justify the actions of these terrorist -- don't be so stupid.

I think that your comments are failing to recognize the problem.[/B][/QUOTE]

Maybe that was just a side-note in reference to future posts, if anyone were to try to justify them. Don't come to conclusions.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Transtic Nerve [/i]
[B]I forone will NEVER condone any act of violence...

If they want their religion to be known, then they better start converting people, cause this crap just causes more hate than love for the Muslims.

The sad thing is, the three major monotheistic religions are all tied to one another by ONE man... Abraham.
This may not be known or not have any relevance, but me gonna say it anyway

Three Major monotheistic religions: Muslim, Jewish, Christianity

All come together with one man, Abraham. As you may know Abraham was spoken to by an angel and said you will lead a great city and have many followers if you devote your life to me. He did... God put him through test, including seeing if he would sacrafice his son, Issac (i think) Abraham is basically the leader of the Jewish people. They are God's "chosen people" or so it says... whatever... anyway, Abraham had 2 sons, Issac and some other guy who's name escapes my mind... anyway... Issac's side eventually gives birth to Jesus.... and Abraham's other son's side eventually gives birth to Muhamed (sp?).

Jesus was born in supposedly, 8-6 BCE (being politically correct, BCE stands for Before Common Era)... Muhamed was not born till some 600 years later... Anyway, jesus leads these people... blah blah, ask someone who knows the story better than I do from here...

600 years later, Muhamed born, lived... one day the Angel Gabriel came down and told him a buncha stuff on how to do whatever and so Muhamed became the prophet for Mulims. Which soon gained a rather large following... Christianity is very big this time I do believe... well after Constantine... not sure though.... anyway....

Basically this is a religious war... Prior WWII, Palestine owned what we now call Isreal. it was Palestine... After WWII, We Americans and whoever else basically said "You know, those poor Jewish people... since they suffered so much, lets give them their land back" and they gave them what is now Isreal. Palestines were litterally lined up byt the thousand and transported out of the new country... many died, many had to live in rotten places.. tent... One guy, who works at my college said he lived throught that. His dad took old clothes or something and had to build a simple tent out of it which they lived in for YEARS! To say the least, they were extremely pissed and the war between them and the Jews os Isreal has been going on since.

They all basically want Jeruselum back (sp?) It's the holy land to ALL of the three major monothiestic religions... to the christians, it's the place where Jesus was crucified... the holy land for which he died for. To the jewish, it's the site of the very first Jewish temple. (which is later destroyed during the Roman empire, all that remians is one wall) and to the Muslims, this is where Muhamed assended into heaven. Infact on the very spot this happened, they built a mosque called "the Dome of the Rock"

it's holy land to all... this is basically a crusade we are entering....

Anyway, but to show off what you think is right by killing innocent people in the US for whatever reason.... God doesn't want this.... he would never want this.... this is not an act of God... these people did this cause they were too stupid to think ratioanlly... and the US is going to bomb them or whatever, if we so do chose so, because of the same reasons.... this will not stop till people sit down and disguss what they are actually doing in God's name.... it's almost sickening to see this....

BTW: I know Palenstine is probably not responcible, but the whole thing with Isreal and Palenstine and the Afganistan people are mostly Muslim, they side with Palenstine... it's all connected... Everything in this matter is connected to religion in one way or another.... SADLY......

Wow.... this post is WAY to long. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=darkblue]That's all very true.

Many Americans don't understand that Palestine underwent a long period of what you could call "ethnic cleansing". If I was Palestinean, I'd be pretty d@mn angry too.

As Transtic said, we're not condoning terrorism in any form, we are merely pointing out that Israel isn't the angel it makes itself out to be.

I don't think that Palestine had much if anything to do with these attacks, it was most probably Osama bin Laden (and thus, Afghanistan was involved at some level).

But it's not fair to say something like "All Afghanis are scum" or whatever...99.9% had NO idea what was going on.

Their government doesn't even feed them...let alone give them any information.

So let's keep this issue on the facts, rather than jumping to conclusions about certain groups of society being "scum" or being evil or whatever the case may be.[/color]

[B]So let's keep this issue on the facts, rather than jumping to conclusions about certain groups of society being "scum" or being evil or whatever the case may be.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

No one did - don't be so stupid.

Same essence. You telling people not to do something; Master O Beans told people not to do something. Neither of you is ignorant.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by zanza [/i]
[B]

Maybe that was just a side-note in reference to future posts, if anyone were to try to justify them. Don't come to conclusions. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=darkblue]Actually, I think you're misreading the post.

Within the context of this thread, the implication was that some posts were justifying the terrorist actions.

And that is simply untrue, this isn't a black and white issue...so I was merely implying that we shouldn't oversimplify it in any way.[/color]

[B]

No one did - don't be so stupid.

Same essence. You telling people not to do something; Master O Beans told people not to do something. Neither of you is ignorant. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=darkblue]Yes, Master O Beans implied that people had been justifying the actions.

If he didn't mean this, he should have perhaps worded his post more carefully, as not to make that implication.

Master O Beans: If you weren't implying what I said you were, then I apologize. It's just that your post appeared that way.[/color]

No, I read it fine. Don't doubt my reading capabilities - I made it past elementary school, after all.

He basically thinks the topic is ridiculous. Then he says that if anyone tries to justify them, they should burn as well. I don't think he was implying that anyone had said that, actually. I'm not misreading it, I'm reading it differently.

[B]Yes, Master O Beans implied that people had been justifying the actions.[/B][/QUOTE]

Seems to me you were implying that people had been calling groups of people "scum" to me. Gee.

[B]

Seems to me you were implying that people had been calling groups of people "scum" to me. Gee. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=darkblue]Not with regard to this topic, or to the members on the board. I've been watching the news, and there has been a lot of this kind of sentiment among Americans and others.

I was using that information to demonstrate that jumping to conclusions is not a good idea in this situation.

As I said above, Master O Beans should have worded his post more carefully (and less condescendingly) in order to avoid me reading it wrongly (if that is what I did).[/color]

[B]Not with regard to this topic, or to the members on the board.[/B][/QUOTE]

Yes, then you should do as Master O Beans and word it more precisely. The mental anguish and pain I suffered through these last few posts is unbearable.

Now now... stop interpreting what others are saying.... and stop insinuating things too... both of you! All of you! grr I hate to see you do this... you in the plural sense...

You all should be horrifically stunned at the lengthyness and boriness... and the fact ia actually KNEW WHAT I WAS TALKING ABOUT in religion.... now... Onward with you all being stunned ::waits impatiently::

[B]

Yes, then you should do as Master O Beans and word it more precisely. The mental anguish and pain I suffered through these last few posts is unbearable. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=darkblue]I felt my post to be very clear. I think that Master O Beans was implying something that simply wasn't true, whereas I wasn't doing that.

In any case, let's discuss the issue at hand, shall we? If you're suffering pain through these posts...please, go and lay down and rest. Then you won't have to worry. :)[/color]