LostProphet

Dashboard Confessional

21 posts in this topic

Who knows this band? A friend of mine burned a CD with a bunch of their music on it, and they are definetley(?sp) a favorite band of mine. Anyone else agree?

LP

I absolutely hate the guy personally. I won't get into why, but definately not my thing. I like some emo (or whatever people who are obsessed with genres call this guy), but this is a type I can't stand. Sounds like he's whining into a monaural tape recorder in his basement.

And it's definitely, since you questioned that.

[color=darkblue]Didn't they do "Screaming Infidelities"? When I first heard the song, I thought it was mundane. Then I realized what it was about & really liked it. One of my dear friends was basically killing himself with heroin at the time, so it was my theme song for awhile.

I haven't heard anything else by them, though.[/color]

>_>

<_<

*whispers* i've got the album, "the places that you've come to fear the most, an "album" of acoustic versions of the same tracks (not the MTVunplugged one), a signed poster of Chris C. (guitar/ vocals), went to a show in atlanta, GA, met and took a picture with the bass player (dont recall name)./*whispers*

no. i dont like dashboard at all, do i?

i find it kind of funny that i, being into the music that i am, can fully get into the emotional acoustic-ness of the confessional that is dashboard. then again, my musical interest goes almost anywhere.

*edit*subject-verb agreement

i hate that guy he has the most annoying voice in the world. I love emo but that guy is a drain on emo.
He sounds like a kid trapped on the monkey bars. its like: WAAAAAAA WAAAAAAAA

Yeah..they aren't that good but i love the song Screaming Infedelities. Even though i don't like the band that is one of my favorite songs.

I don't really care much, the only song I have heard is just all over the place, it was as if they pieced a bunch of songs together, but not in a cool beatles fashion.

His hair is cool though.

YEAH! Linkin Park is good. It's a really good band. it's my friends favorite, she went to like 8 of their concerts...she's obsessed.

Uh oh, looks like a closed thread...

J/K :p

I'm not gonna close this thread. It's still going pretty well. But radicaledward1, this thread is NOT about Linkin Park. You were probably reading LostProphet's signature.

Maybe if your signiture was not the longest thing ever this mix-up would have been averted.

Actually, i remember matt telling me was sig was huge. I think it was matt. So mine was the longest ever, you had to scroll for like ages to reach the end. Back to the thread, i haven't heard any other songs so i might end up liking them. That wouldn't be the first time that happened.

Anyhow, back to Dashboard Confessional....

I'm thinking about buying the CD. Anyone have any objections to it?

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by LostProphet [/i]
[B]Anyhow, back to Dashboard Confessional....

I'm thinking about buying the CD. Anyone have any objections to it? [/B][/QUOTE]

Why would anyone care to have objections? Buy the cd if you want.

i recommend getting "the places..." album, but also get the original acoustic versions. both versions are so impressive.

DC is OK, I don't mind listening to them a little. I liked the guy better when he was in the band Further Seems Forever, but it's better that he's not anymore, because now they are a better band.

I'm asking more for a personal opinion of the CD. Thats what I meant by objections....

As for Further Seems Forever, I knew the vioce sounded familiar. The original CD I got has FsF on it also

I actually condone that! I have their DVD and it is really great. Their voice was annoying at 1st I agree, but for some reason it did grow on me! I would give you a thumbs up on the cd!

And Batman, don't get your undies in a wad! It was a simple question with a simple opionated answer, no need for being so harsh

EXACTLY!

Anyhow...it's my birthday, and I'm not really expecting to be showered with gifts, because of graduation being so soon....I've already recieved a 25 Dollar Gift Card to Walmart...do thats probably what I'll buy with it...