OtakuBoards

mmmmm, need some help!

Vicky

[color=#808080]A few issues here, Vicky.

Firstly, the forum description is about as thorough as you can get. This forum is for players to recruit other players for their RPG. It's a pretty simple explanation.

Second, all you have to do is read the other threads here. They will give you clear examples of how the forum works.

Third, this thread does not belong here. It belongs in the Suggestions/Feedback forum. I'm going to say this one last time;

[b][i]Please read the rules[/i][/b]. That way you will avoid getting banned. I'll just move this to its appropriate forum now.[/color]

[color=#808080]Once again, our rules explain what RPGs are.

RPG stands for Role Playing Game. It's like an interactive story.

Read the threads that exist in that forum so that you get a better feel for what it's all about.[/color]

And, I want to know, one of the treads has a picture that a person had drawn in the Art section. How do you get them on?Tell me if i'm right, do you skan the pics onto your computer then...paste them or what? I not sure how to do that...

[size=1]Obviously you didn't get what Sara said. You scan your picture, and save it as either a .gif, or a .jpg. Then you find an image host ([url]http://www.0-gravity.com/sighost/index.php[/url] will let you host 3 images, for free) then you type "[img][/img]" in your post, between the two codes, you put the URL for the picture you want to show, it'll show up.[/size]

• 2 weeks later...
Does Url mean the name of the picture you scaned? I made mine as 'goku and some other guy' Is that what I put in the middle? Would it look something like...
[img]goku and some other guy[/img]. Do i type that in me post?

OMG... before you EVER get on a computer again, you must get computer literate. Go buy Computers for Dummies or The Internet For Dummies, or whatever is out there. You simply cannot be this computer-illiterate in todays world.

URL stands for Uniform Resource Locator. [url]http://www.otakuboards.com[/url] is a URL. Also commonly refered to as a 'link' in many places. The name you give your picture file is called a 'file name'... go figure.

But yeah, before you post anything else, in fact as soon as you read this turn off your computer (you know how to do that right?) and go buy one of the millions of books on computers and read it, then you can turn your computer back on.

I agree with what Transtic Nerve said... Man, you need to know at least the least of computers... You know your signature? aren't there img tags with something between the tags? That is the URL that your sig is in... You gotta do something like that with the picture you wanna post and just use the same img tags... Is it that hard? I don't think so...

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for calling me a computer dummie! I pretty hurt by that! I've found a really big problem with the boards:

1. I belive in ghost, but some people say that I'm nuts, 'cos I belive in them.
2. I'm afraid to revile who I really am. I'm nothing like this. I think people will just say I'm nuts. I'm always alone, even here. I know, no one understands me.
3. Some of the guys here keep say'in stuff about my storys. Like the spellin' and the plot! I sick of it! I get loads of that in school.
4.The moderater's on the DBZ part, close the tread for no reason. I saw one that said 'Man, do they ever give an age?' And this was how it was closed, no one had posted on the tread.
'nope.' That all that was put. I could have told the tread starter Goku's age.

Don't think I'm being...bossy....kinda, but I just noticed a few things.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by vicky [/i]
[B]1. I belive in ghost, but some people say that I'm nuts, 'cos I belive in them.[/b][/quote]

I don't think it was because you believe in them, you just took everything someone said as a direct insult... Everyone is allowed to have differing views, just you kept pushing your "evidence" harder and harder at people... it was almost preaching - I for one stopped reading that thread after a while, because I was being preached at

[b]2. I'm afraid to revile who I really am. I'm nothing like this. I think people will just say I'm nuts. I'm always alone, even here. I know, no one understands me.[/b][/quote]

Hey, nobody on OB knows my real name, what I'm really like, but that's because I don't really "know" them. Some of them have differing views of me... but I don't know if I'd be comfortable with them "knowing" me...

[b]3. Some of the guys here keep say'in stuff about my storys. Like the spellin' and the plot! I sick of it! I get loads of that in school.[/b][/quote]

It's called critisism, I don't post any of my writing up here because I know I'd be critisised. I prefer to be critisised by someone I can discuss the critisism with face-to-face, which just can't be done on the boards. *shrugs* Nobody's going to smother you with praise if your work could be better. And trust me [i]everyone[/i] gets the same treatment. The same goes for the Art and Design forum. You post stuff up there to be "critisised" -- at least that's how I understood it.

[b]4.The moderater's on the DBZ part, close the tread for no reason. I saw one that said 'Man, do they ever give an age?' And this was how it was closed, no one had posted on the tread.
'nope.' That all that was put. I could have told the tread starter Goku's age.[/b][/quote]

Mods [i]never[/i] close a thread "for no reason", and usually they're very good at explaining their reason, I've never seen this particular thread, but I'm sure, if nothing was said, it would be very obvious. It was a question that could be answered in one word (I assume) and that word was "nope". Threads are supposed to stimulate discussion... one word answers, aside from being spam, are not discussions

There's no way you're being treated differently... everyone is treated the same, and if you're so bothered I wonder idly why you almost have a 200 post count...

Wow, this has been some interesting reading.

Vicky, if you are still interested in learning about how to do things, as a couple people above mentioned, there is a lot of material on the web that is just waiting for newbies new to the Internet/Computer/Graphics field to read over and to learn from.

The first thing you have to understand is you are the only one that is going to be able to make yourself learn these things and while people are always here to help, you have to have that thirst for knowledge on your own. Try to look up your questions online, I?ll PM you with some sites that are GREAT for people just starting off.

Also keep in mind that there are people that can use computers and the Internet well, people that cannot, people that don't even want to try and there are also people that think they know how to use them better then they actually do. Honestly, the Internet for Dummies book isn?t that bad - I cracked it open when I was starting off and it taught me quite a bit - and anything it didn't go over - or I still had questions about - I learned how to research it out on the web.

You're not a Dummy for wanting to learn about stuff and reading books (even if the titles are less then to our liking) and online resources to guide you to your answers, but you must be willing to take that step. Also - don't give up. The Internet and computers can get very confusing, but the rewards once you learn how to do something for yourself, as in anything, are great.

If you have any questions on stuff, you can PM me without having to post your questions here; I'll try to help as much as I can, but you must also try to help yourself.

One more thing: You would be surprised by the number of people that call me all the time that can't get connected, can't open a browser, have no clue about how to read, open or send email, basic questions on web design, or coding...the list goes on. There ARE ALWAYS beginners. Keep your chin up; you'll get the hang of it if you keep at it. ^_^

I'll tell you one basic thing. Do you know why are there professional people in this world? Because they were once newbies as you are... EVERYONE goes through that phase.

Also, you should think this way: Here, only a few people actually "know" each other... I personally "know" no one at all... This is a place for "unknown" people to discuss about any and everything, and be able to say their opinion, so yours is always appreciated, as everyone else's is... Got it?

Yeh, but I told my friend about this, he registered and everthing went okay, but I told him he would get an E-mail before he could post. But he hasn't got one yet. He has registered today. On thursday. How come he got no E-mail?

• 4 weeks later...
[B]Thanks for calling me a computer dummie! I pretty hurt by that! I've found a really big problem with the boards:

1. I belive in ghost, but some people say that I'm nuts, 'cos I belive in them.

[color=red]If you plan on stating your opinion or beliefs, expect people to respond to it. If not, you'll find yourself no where. Fast.[/color]

2. I'm afraid to revile who I really am. I'm nothing like this. I think people will just say I'm nuts. I'm always alone, even here. I know, no one understands me.

[color=red]This really makes no sense. You chose to not reveal your true self, and so it is your fault.[/color]

3. Some of the guys here keep say'in stuff about my storys. Like the spellin' and the plot! I sick of it! I get loads of that in school.

[color=red]Aw, poor you. If you ever plan on being a writer, you need to learn how to spell simple words then complex. And expect the greatest of criticism if you're ever to become a good writer.[/color]

4.The moderater's on the DBZ part, close the tread for no reason. I saw one that said 'Man, do they ever give an age?' And this was how it was closed, no one had posted on the tread.
'nope.' That all that was put. I could have told the tread starter Goku's age.

[color=red]Just because someone can answer a question like that, doesn't mean the thread should stay open. Never ever say mods close a thread for no reason unless you KNOW it was closed for no reason.[/color]

Don't think I'm being...bossy....kinda, but I just noticed a few things. [/B][/QUOTE]