Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
Ok i am really against this movie but in a way i want to see how it turns out.

My thoughts are.. When you think of "Dragon Ball Z Live Action Movie" you think of some dumbass in a orange outfit (like Goku's) and the most HORRIBLE wig in history (kind of like those Halloween costumes of Goku and Vegeta) well at least i do. But then i think of the Ninja Turtles Movie (i'm a huge fan of them since i was little) they looked really good and then i start thinking... MAYBE it might just be the people in the movie that are going to look bad. I mean Piccolo, Frieza, Cell ect ect should come out looking the best out of all the characters in DBZ since they are mutants.

But hell this could just be me.. What do you think?
Posted
There was a live action movie of DBZ only they were called Dragon Pearls not Dragon Balls and all of the energy attacks were drawn in it was a horrible movie very bad actors and costumes looked kinda stupid too so yeah it was pretty bad
Posted
Yeah saw that one... I was excited because i thought it was a cartoon movie and then i saw all that garbage and just muted the tv and listend to music...
Posted
Doing a live action movie kind of cojures up images of the first one to me, or that cult comedy Monkey! that was popular way back when.

They should really have done a CG movie, why they went with live action, i will never know, i also heard that Hugh Jackman was going to play goku while Jet Li would be Vegeta.
Posted
Actually, I don't think a DBZ movie would be as bad as an EVA movie. When you think about it, DBZ has a pretty simple plot compared to EVA, or other animes considered for film treatment. As long as they try to keep it as a martial-arts movie, I do'nt see a problem.
Posted
[size=1] They're considering making an EVA live action movie now? *dies*

I just don't see why it can't stay as anime, look how well spirited Away was, think how bad a live action movie it would have been (if anyone has seen Monkey! then they would have seen the white dragon in that one. Dragonball just won't look good in live action, unless Fox has a massive miracle string up their sleeve [/size]
Guest visser 3
Posted
I honestly think it would be good because it may have sucked a while back but look at our technology with movies now. I also think you need the right people to make it even better.
Posted
Well they made a live action X-Men movie and you all ate that up like it was a god send... so who's to say DBZ will be any worse?

Making live action movies seems to be the thing now. X-Men, Daredevil, Hulk, Spider-Man... etc... why not add DBZ to thatlist.
Posted
That is true Spider-Man was good and i didn't see the rest but i heard good things but you have to keep in mind how diffrent all those movies are from Dragon Ball Z. Maybe if we are lucky it will be good since there are alot of good live action movies out there.
Guest visser 3
Posted
Good job you got to look at the good side not the bad side of a movie. I really think it will turn out great.
Guest visser 3
Posted
Oh yeah without them i think the movie would bomb.
Posted
I dont know if it's been talked about in this thread yet, but Vin Deisel was asked to be Vegeta..........and kenau reeves was asked to be Goku. ::gag::
Guest visser 3
Posted
Goku really thats crazy. Hes not a bad actor but still him?
Guest visser 3
Posted
Lol he is a good actor and all but vin deisel as vegeta i dont think that will work.
Guest visser 3
Posted
Is he evn good enough at acting to play the role because I dont think Vegeta would be easy to be.
Posted
Vegeta is not an easy character to play. You have to make him sound angry, but not so angry that it just progresses into silly. I don't know many people that could do that...
Guest visser 3
Posted
Honestly I dont think anyone could. Goku and some of the other characters would be easy to play, but Vegeta would be hard.
Posted
They better do some serious costume editing if it's going to be any good.

I can see it happening with the right amount of backing. Just don't be surprised if whoever writes it takes a little liberty with the storyline.

-Justin
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by mirai_torankusu[/i]
[B]Vegeta is not an easy character to play. You have to make him sound angry, but not so angry that it just progresses into silly. I don't know many people that could do that...[/B][/QUOTE][size=1]I do believe that the original rumor as to who should play Vegeta was Jet Li... I think he could pull it off.[/size]
Guest visser 3
Posted
Yeah he could. But still what are they going to do about their hair? answer me that.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...