OtakuBoards

do you hide?

Eve

When it comes to me offline I tend to keep things to myself more. I guess I'm more open online, either that or just more hyperactive then I am at school.
I guess its actually easy to be whoever you want to be on the net though cause seeing as the person doesn't know you, you can easily trick them into thinking something that's untrue. The same can be said for in real life too, but sometimes it take a bit more work to get people to believe you're something you're not.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[color=purple][size=1]I am somewhat split.

Online, on Otakuboards, I act more intelligent and graceful than I do, or often am, on other websites. Due rather largely to the fact that when I was a newbie, and a typical spammer, I was sickened by my own post quality. Also, Moderators are generally expected to set a positive example for the other members.

For those reasons, none of the newbies should listen to anything I say, I am a complete moron when it comes to being an upstanding individual.

Offline, it depends on who I'm talking to how I act.

For example, I am a downright wench to all family members save my sister and on rare occasions my mother. To most of my teachers, I'm that girl who wears extremely large pants and sits in the back of class, drawing on herself with Sharpie, and ignoring every lesson taught. To my four foot tall homeroom teacher, I'm the loud spoken kid who led the revolt against standing for the pledge of allegiance. To my friends, I'm just a totally sporadic, fearless, outgoing, opinionated, somewhat intelligent, bouncy, purple haired girl. To my boyfriend, I'm apparently nothing short of a goddess. oO;

And to myself..

Well to myself.. I am a blight on the Earth.. A plague if you will.. Selfish, Hypocritical, Lazy, Stupid, Slow, Ugly, Irritating, Disregarding, and Disrespectful plague.. Who would pierce her own lip, specifically because her mother told her not to..[/color][/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Pressure [/i]
[B][color=purple][size=1]Well to myself.. I am a blight on the Earth.. A plague if you will.. Selfish, Hypocritical, Lazy, Stupid, Slow, Ugly, Irritating, Disregarding, and Disrespectful plague....[/color][/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

Oh stop that, you're turning me on! ;)

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Pressure [/i]
[B][color=purple][size=1]Well to myself.. I am a blight on the Earth.. A plague if you will.. Selfish, Hypocritical, Lazy, Stupid, Slow, Ugly, Irritating, Disregarding, and Disrespectful plague.. Who would pierce her own lip, specifically because her mother told her not to..[/color][/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

Wow... that's about same here... I reckon a lot of people think about themselves in negative fashions. You just don't always realise it

• 2 weeks later...
I make much more sense online, i find it easier to get my point across in writing, hence i like to write poetry on how i feel, and make my opinions heared in a context like this. In real life i make far less sense and things get quite muddled up, to the point where i have to walk away from a convo and comeback if we are going to get anywhere, even though i do get the odd moment of inspiration and say something coherant in person, i think i do better in a text format not so much a different person, just a more understandable one.

I think that online i am not as trusting, and i'm more open...i feel comfortable saying what i mean and being myself because i don't ususally talk to people who try to bad-mouth me online, so i don't have to keep up my guard or anything...but i am still a very outgoing-fun loving person in real life, no doubt about it

offline im quiet i barely talk at all, not even to my family. i was taught to only trust myself which is why i dont go around trying to talk and be social and all. online im more or less the same, i tend to talk more online and at the same time im just the same old me. but i enjoy coming online and talking about anime though, it helps me take my mind of things in the real world.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Hikaru Ichijyo [/i]
[B]Hmm well for all intents and purposes I acted pretty much the same when I'm offline or online personality wise. Though online I'm not as open mainly for the fact I tend not to discuss a lot of my personal life more in paticular my past with complete strangers. It takes me awhile to open up to people online and sometimes I just don't depending on who the person is.

As the saying goes there are some people you feel comfortable with and there are others you don't. Online I feel comfortable maybe with 5% of OB members those that I've grown close to. [/B][/QUOTE]

Oh, he hides. He definitely hides.

[font=arial][size=1]I guess I just need to be here a bit more than I am.... well when online I am a bit more blunt, rude, open, and yah. In person occasionally I am still blunt, rude, shy, and yah. But yeah. I tend to be shy around people I don't know very well in person. Online I try to get to know them and am a bit more open than I would be in RL. So yah. That's me.[/font][/size]