Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
Maybe I should have put this in my other thread, but here's the first page of my Tokyopop manga. It's still in rough form, but I'm pleased with it.
Actually, it's my first version. O_O I thought drawing the rough wouldn't take so long, but I use up and hour and a half of time to finish two pages. I'm tired. I have 10 pages done, but my scanner ir extremely slow. I need a new one.



[IMG]http://mywebpage.netscape.com/maladjusted161/manga1.jpg[/IMG]
Guest Chris
Posted
[color=green]very nice. i am honored to be helping out such a great artist. good job.[/color]
Posted
Second page-

[IMG]http://mywebpage.netscape.com/maladjusted161/manga2.jpg[/IMG]

Third page-

[IMG]http://mywebpage.netscape.com/maladjusted161/manga3.jpg[/IMG]
Guest Chris
Posted
[color=green]i'll get to work on those soon. i have only two drawing i have to do before i work on the manga. sorry, but customers come first. how much time do we have?[/color]
Posted
Haha, don't worry. We have until about September.

page 4-
[IMG]http://mywebpage.netscape.com/maladjusted161/manga4.jpg[/IMG]

page 5-
[IMG]http://mywebpage.netscape.com/maladjusted161/manga5.jpg[/IMG]
Guest Chris
Posted
[color=green]good, because i have to get a program installed before i can post any pics. yea, bummer . . . . .[/color]
Posted
I need help with spacing and setting the mood, and the backgrounds, of course. I tried to space it out a little, but it looks weird. O_O

The story-
Takes place post-holocuast (not sure where), when some Jewish gangs were formed. Well, I'm not exactly sure about that, but I read a book by Elie Weisel called Dawn and it was about a Jewish gang that killed German officers. I think.
The boy with the hat-thing is orphaned, and wants to join a gang. He has to 'prove' himself by killing a German officer or someone connected to them. The girl is the daughter of the German officer that killed his parents while they were marching to the concentration camp. The reason he was able to track her down was because the officer spared him, and he dropped a photograph of himself and her daughter.
He found a bottle of craned belonging to her, and he waited for her, knowing she would come looking. He knew she was trying to make 100 cranes, because he did that when he was little, but of course, his wish wasn't granted. He's been a cynist ever since, and he tells his story about how his parents were killed and then confronts the girl. He tries to kill her, but he can't, and his deadline was 3:00 AM. Since he couldn't kill her, the people watching him kill him.


Page 6-
[IMG]http://mywebpage.netscape.com/maladjusted161/manga6.jpg[/IMG]

Page 7-
[IMG]http://mywebpage.netscape.com/maladjusted161/manga7.jpg[/IMG]

Page 8-
[IMG]http://mywebpage.netscape.com/maladjusted161/manga8.jpg[/IMG]
Posted
I think the sketches look great, except that's all it looks like...a buncha scribbles...:P I have no idea what's going on though.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by dark_serena [/i]
[B]I think the sketches look great, except that's all it looks like...a buncha scribbles...:P[/B][/QUOTE]

[spoiler][color=white]That's what sketches [i]are[/i].I love it so far.So great drawings :) I look foward to more![/color][/spoiler]
Posted
Damn you're good. Even through your rough drafts you can see character expression. I love them! Can't wait to see more of your work. ^_^
Guest Chris
Posted
[color=green]heh, i never use a ruler. but then again, i never make rough drafts. my fist is always my final. i'm too lazy to do it twice . . . . that is unless i'm getting paid . . . .[/color]
Posted
[size=1]*Sigh* youre talent makes me feel worse about the lack of mine *wails* but a really good job, specially pages 1, 3 and 8 ^^[/size]
Posted
[size=1][color=CC0000]They're really, really good, but I have absolutely no idea what the heck is going on in any of the pages. :p[/size][/color]
Guest Chris
Posted
[color=green]sorry, but . . . . uhh . . . . no . . . .[/color]

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...