XxmagentaxX Posted June 3, 2003 Posted June 3, 2003 I'm graduating from High School in like two weeks as are some of you guys, or you already have... My dad asked me what I wanted for graduation... My friends are getting really expensive stuff like brand new cars and European vacations... But yea I dunno what I want... I mean can't we exactly afford a new car or an expensive vacation Does anyone have any ideas? What did you guys get for graduation?
Semjaza Posted June 3, 2003 Posted June 3, 2003 I wish my parents were rich. All I got was a push into a college that I have to pay for by myself. Woo!
juna Posted June 3, 2003 Posted June 3, 2003 Laf - you ready for this...luggage and a new camera (back in 96). Yup - my parents gave me bags to pack and a camera to take pictures of where ever I ended up. I think they got a huge kick out of it, cause they still bring it up every now and then. Are you planning on going to college? If so, maybe they can get you some dorm furniture, or..I dunno, luggage and a camera.. ^_~ Oh, and if your friends parents need to get rid of any more money - please pass on that I would also like a new car. ^_^
XxmagentaxX Posted June 3, 2003 Author Posted June 3, 2003 yea Im going to community college so I am staying with my mom for another 2 years
Queen Asuka Posted June 4, 2003 Posted June 4, 2003 [color=hotpink][size=1]I didn't get that MUCH for graduation (Nothing compared to other people...) My dad bought me an OLD car that is a piece of crap and a half. I got a good bit of money, but it's all gone on college stuff. I got picture frames, luggage (hey it's AWESOME, too!), cute little collectible things, and various other stuff, but nothing big. Just tell them you want money if you can't think of anything else.[/color][/size]
Lady Macaiodh Posted June 4, 2003 Posted June 4, 2003 [color=darkblue][size=1]All I got was a set of towels from my aunt. That's it. I graduated number one in my class, too. Go figure. Maybe the fact that I didn't invite anybody had something to do with it.[/color][/size]
Heaven's Cloud Posted June 4, 2003 Posted June 4, 2003 [color=indigo]I got my wicked Peavey Predator guitar for my Graduation. It was a used guitar, but it might be the best gift I ever got...the pick-ups actually sound good (although I replaced one with a texas boomer I got from a friend, sounds super sweet when I tune my guitar down a half-step). I know it is only a Peavey, but it actually has ended up being a pretty good guitar, it is the one I play the most. So, ask for a guitar...it will provide you with hours of entertainment, and you can teach yourself a skill that will last you a lifetime.[/color]
LostProphet Posted June 4, 2003 Posted June 4, 2003 Gift Cards and Cash that I used at Six Flags a couple of days ago....thats about it. But since I'm going in the military, I dont really need anything for college. I got a MP3 player too....thats was pretty cool.....
XxmagentaxX Posted June 4, 2003 Author Posted June 4, 2003 I asked my friends they were no help.... They keep telling me to ask for a car.. i dont know why but i think they are retarded or something, cuz I tell them that I cant and they keep telling me CA CAR CAR.... I was thinking that I could have my dad take me shopping, cuz he loves shopping... I have also wanted a pair of Dr.Martens combat boots since I was in I think 5th grade or so.... The guitar idea is good, but my dad has like 6 or guitars... so I dont think i would really need one I could take one of his...
Justin Posted June 4, 2003 Posted June 4, 2003 All I want for graduation is money for college. Though, I expect I'll other things from friends and stuff, that's all I'll ask my family for. I plan to take care of the whole new-car-for-graduation thing on my own. -Justin
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now