OtakuBoards

Question..

Matt.D

[color=rainbow] Okay, I just started to watch Dragon Ball Z about a week ago, and I know...well..pretty much nothing.(i'm a DBZ newbie!) So I was wondering, who is Gotenks, and what does "SSJ" mean?(sorry for my stupididty about the subject:o)[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Matt.D [/i]
[B][color=rainbow] Okay, I just started to watch Dragon Ball Z about a week ago, and I know...well..pretty much nothing.(i'm a DBZ newbie!) So I was wondering, who is Gotenks, and what does "SSJ" mean?(sorry for my stupididty about the subject:o)[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

Gotenks is a fuse bewteen Goten and Trunks. Goten is Gokus second son. Trunks is Bulma and Vegeta first son. SSJ means Super Saiyan. Also it can mean Super Saiya-jin. That is the Japanese way of saying SSJ. I have the 411 on all DBZ. If u gotta question PM me and i can answer it back to you ASAP!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Deranged Gerbil
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Lady Katana [/i]
[B]I've heard of that anime. My friend is a fanatic. [/B][/QUOTE]

I hear not many people like the dubbing of kenshin because the voices just plain suck

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Deranged Gerbil [/i]
[B]

I hear not many people like the dubbing of kenshin because the voices just plain suck [/B][/QUOTE]

They do! It's horrid... not only do they translate EVERY Japanese word (like Kenshin's sword, which is Sakaba or Sabaka, I can never remember the correct spelling, they actually translate that word as "reversed edge sword"... which technically it is, but it's like translating the word Katana Sword.... it's stupid) and not only that they proceed to absolutely RUIN Sano-kun's voice... he has like the BEST seiyuu in Japanese, but his American VA just plain sucks... Although I haven't seen much of the dub, just clips here and there, I can already tell it sucks... if they simply wouldn't have translated everything they would have been fine... some things don't need translating.... the sub on the other hand is great :) Which I recomend to everyone

Rurouni Kenshin is one of the greatest anime series of all time. You'll think the same thing after watching it :)

And yes, EVA is confusing from the beggining let alone starting in the middle....