Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
[color=rainbow] Okay, I just started to watch Dragon Ball Z about a week ago, and I know...well..pretty much nothing.(i'm a DBZ newbie!) So I was wondering, who is Gotenks, and what does "SSJ" mean?(sorry for my stupididty about the subject:o)[/color]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Matt.D [/i]
[B][color=rainbow] Okay, I just started to watch Dragon Ball Z about a week ago, and I know...well..pretty much nothing.(i'm a DBZ newbie!) So I was wondering, who is Gotenks, and what does "SSJ" mean?(sorry for my stupididty about the subject:o)[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

Gotenks is a fuse bewteen Goten and Trunks. Goten is Gokus second son. Trunks is Bulma and Vegeta first son. SSJ means Super Saiyan. Also it can mean Super Saiya-jin. That is the Japanese way of saying SSJ. I have the 411 on all DBZ. If u gotta question PM me and i can answer it back to you ASAP!!!!!!!!!!
Posted
[B]HOT DIGGETY!!!!![/B] ,is america already up to gotenks,man and in new zealand they have repeated it and were only up to the ginyu force landing on namek:( ,man n.z. is slow (-_-)
Posted
[QUOTE][B]nah n.z has finished the cell saga its just re-runs [/B][/QUOTE]

\my point exactly,they could atleast show the trunks saga again,and trusting n.z.s slowness the buu saga will take about 6 months to get here (-_-) awel il hack it:flaming:
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Transtic Nerve [/i]
[B]Think DBZ is confusing, try watching Kenshin starting in the middle..... you'll be confused for years! [/B][/QUOTE]

or EVA from the middle, probably just as confusing as kenshin....
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Flik [/i]
[B]What tiz Kenshin..... [/B][/QUOTE]

its an anime series, full name is rorouri kenshin, known as samurai x in its dubbed form, its kind of like ninja scroll with its samurai fights and such....
Guest Deranged Gerbil
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Lady Katana [/i]
[B]I've heard of that anime. My friend is a fanatic. [/B][/QUOTE]

I hear not many people like the dubbing of kenshin because the voices just plain suck
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Deranged Gerbil [/i]
[B]

I hear not many people like the dubbing of kenshin because the voices just plain suck [/B][/QUOTE]

They do! It's horrid... not only do they translate EVERY Japanese word (like Kenshin's sword, which is Sakaba or Sabaka, I can never remember the correct spelling, they actually translate that word as "reversed edge sword"... which technically it is, but it's like translating the word Katana Sword.... it's stupid) and not only that they proceed to absolutely RUIN Sano-kun's voice... he has like the BEST seiyuu in Japanese, but his American VA just plain sucks... Although I haven't seen much of the dub, just clips here and there, I can already tell it sucks... if they simply wouldn't have translated everything they would have been fine... some things don't need translating.... the sub on the other hand is great :) Which I recomend to everyone

Rurouni Kenshin is one of the greatest anime series of all time. You'll think the same thing after watching it :)

And yes, EVA is confusing from the beggining let alone starting in the middle....

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...