OtakuBoards

Going crazy over here.

Sara

[SIZE=1][url=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?postid=415734]Say what?
[/url]

I've noticed this a few times--a post shows up at the top of a thread, or above posts it...shouldn't be above.

What's going on, anyway?[/SIZE]

[color=002E55][url=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=25707]Ditto.[/url]

Seems to be cropping up everywhere. Is the database recording times wrong for posts and putting them on top of each other or something?[/color]

I was just about to bring this up. As shown in Red's above link, I posted in a thread and my post showed up [i]above[/i] the thread starter's. I tried to delete my post, but the board said I didn't have permission. o.O

On top of that, did anyone else notice that all of the posts that this happened with all happened at 6:03? Actually, I posted that message at around 10pm (PST), but it said that I posted at 6:03.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Semjaza Azazel [/i]
[B]That's what it looks like. It only seems to have been an issue since OB went down for a bit last night. [/B][/QUOTE]
I don't know if this would make a difference, but OB wasn't the only thing that went down. It was everything that's on this server. It wasn't even letting me post anything after the down time because it said that I had posted something less than 70 seconds ago (and I had posted something right before it went down). Since it's letting me post again i'm guessing that means it's fixed.

[color=indigo]Yeah, I was having this problem too. What it was doing was saying that it was five hours earlier than it really was, at least for me. So anything I posted was placed as if I had posted it five hours earlier, thus causing it to be above other posts even though they were already there when I replied.

Like others have said, though, seems to be cleared up now. Haven't had any problems today, it was just last night.[/color]

[color=#335062]Well, this is obviously very disappointing news. This is the first I've heard about it.

We have moved OtakuBoards to theOtaku.com's server, because theOtaku.com has been consistently stable...whereas OB has encountered many problems due specifically to its hosts.

Having said that, I haven't spoken to Adam yet. It's possible that the downtime was due to work on Version Next, because what we're adding is quite fundamentally new...and it's all database driven. I don't know if that's the right explanation, but it's just a possibility.

Hopefully this will be a very rare problem. OtakuBoards should be as stable as theOtaku.com (and if theOtaku went down too, then this is a bit more understandable).

But, given that theOtaku is usually highly stable, I'm hoping that this problem won't occur regularly. At the moment I only know as much as you guys do, so I don't really have any answers. I'll talk to Adam though, and get him to view this thread. He might know what the situation is.[/color]

I have also discovered yet [b]another problem[/b] >_< in one of the RPG's i signed up to, there is a serious glitch or something on the bottom post so check it out - [URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=23767&pagenumber=2]Here[/URL]

[b]Remember its just the last post[/b] i dont have a clue whats happened here o_O;