Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
[size=1][color=darkblue]I made the subject title as understandable as I could because it is quite an unusual subject.

Basically, sometimes if I listen to Lord of the Rings, Shenmue etc soundtracks I find myself somewhat cowering under the music, but in a good way. I find that music can be so powerful sometimes that your emotions and moods begin to clash like a sword on a shield.

If I listen to such a strong piece, I begin to somewhat tingle which feels quite strange. However, I begin to have a stronger opinion and mood on situations so it can help me in many ways.

So, am I alone? Or other there others who experience this?[/color][/size]
Posted
No, you're not alone, if you count one person. I get a tingly sensation all over my skin whenever I hear a song that is really powerful. Of course it helps if it is really god damn loud, but either way I get it. Half the time music helps me to see things more clearly. It seems to amplify my feelings. So I always try to find music I am in the mood for.
Posted
[color=crimson]I mainly smile really big when I find a good metal song. Its sort of retarded in a way, but I get htat tingly feeling when I *suddenly sounds shallow* hear a cool guitar riff or hard part of the song.

I was a born metalhead. v.v;[/color]
Posted
New Skin, Wake Up [Powerman 5000], Pity, Bodies, Blind, Mudshovel, Bombshell, and a lot of others.

Those get me that "tingling" feeling. However, for me, that "tingling" feeling is the ever-persistant need to fight. Or, in simpiler terms, adrenaline.

[That's what music you really, really like does to you. It stimulates your mind, releasing lo and behold, stimulants.]
Guest Randleman
Posted
for some reason, Green Day gets my adrenaline going. First concert I ever went to was a green day concert, and I did the hardest moshing I have ever done there. I cam home with a black eye, bruises all over, and a broken index finger. The music just opened me up and I just went with it. Feeling the music empowered me somehow. I don't know how, but it did. I will never forget it. When I'm out doing landscaping, I have my favorite Green Day songs on my cd player. It gives me the adrenaline to work hard and efficient.
Guest Musahi
Posted
[color=#003399]At first I thought this thread was going to be about songs that [i]describe[/i] us as an indavidual.

But there are a lot of songs that get me pumped up, and some that just make me sway back and forth in my chair. Usually every week or so I collect a new 10 song or so playlist. This weeks playlist consists of:

Tenaicous D - The Greatest Song In The World
Afroman - Because I Got High
Stabbing Westward - Save Yourself
KottonMouth Kings - Full Throtle
Methods Of Mayhem - Hypocritical
Staind - It's Been A While (Acoustic)
Molotov - Puto
Limp Bizkit (Neptunes Remix) - N 2gether Now
Corey Taylor - Brother
PM5K - Bombshell
Cradle Of Filth - Babylon AD

A few of those have been on for like 6 months, I just love them so much.

----
Oh and Chaos is the first song you listed (New Skin) by Methods of Mayhem? Because I like [i]that[/i] song as well. Mom is awesome. ^_^[/color]
Guest Demon_of_death
Posted
I like the band EvanEscence and Avril Lavine. The first song i listened to was by Avril lavine called "I'm with you". then i listened to "wake me up" by EvanEscence.
Posted
[color=#707875]Uh...well, that last post is kind of irrelevant considering the intent of the thread. But anyway.. ^_^;

Music is really an amazing thing. It can affect us in ways that no other medium can.

In terms of the music reflecting me as a person...I don't know how to answer that. I don't have a specific music taste, in the sense that I'm not necessarily a huge fan of one genre and only one genre.

So in other words, almost any song can interest me, regardless of genre.

But, yeah. I think that each type of music can do something different.

So, if I listen to classical music...it often makes me feel relaxed. But not just relaxed. Classical music is maybe the one kind of music that can [i]really[/i] make me feel emotional. Usually either very happy, or very sad.

I like electronic music also, for many reasons. And of course, there are many, many different kinds of electronic music. Lately I've been listening to Disco Science by Mirwais. And it's a track that inspires certain feelings in me, because it makes me remember the time I originally heard it.

So, I like different styles for different reasons...and different styles can invoke different emotions, I guess. I like the raw precision and "mathematical" (for lack of a better word) perfection of electronic music. And I like the emotion and power of classical music. *shrug* I don't konw how well I've explained it, but I guess I could go on forever about how music affects my thoughts/feelings/etc..[/color]
Posted
unlike james, i only like hard rock and heavy metal music. the songs that really get me pumped are:

the unforgiven, holier than thou, enter sandman, dont tread on me, wherever i may roam, sad but true, through the never, and nothing else matters by metallica; welcome to the jungle and sweet child of mine by guns 'n roses; rock 'n roll all night, detroit rock city, heavens on fire, and god of thunder by kiss

the effect doubles if the music is played really loud
Posted
I also don't like just one particular type and I don't care how old/new or what genre it is, as long as I like what I hear!

Some songs that I really get into whenever I hear them are...

Waiting For Tonight
Just The Two Of Us (both of them)
Emotion
Family Portrait
Mina Soko Ni Nemure
Doo Wop (That Thing)
Freak On A Leash

Also two that I know I like are Jazz and Classical, I feel different moods whenever I listen to each and both always gives me a certain feeling.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Zidargh [/i]
[B][size=1][color=darkblue]
Basically, sometimes if I listen to Lord of the Rings, Shenmue etc soundtracks I find myself somewhat cowering under the music, but in a good way. I find that music can be so powerful sometimes that your emotions and moods begin to clash like a sword on a shield.

If I listen to such a strong piece, I begin to somewhat tingle which feels quite strange. However, I begin to have a stronger opinion and mood on situations so it can help me in many ways.

So, am I alone? Or other there others who experience this?[/color][/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

I know exactly how you feel, cause I sometimes feel the exact way.
Lord of the Rings and the Spirit soundtrack does the same thing it does to you.
I form stronger opinions and moods on subjects and situations. I can think extremly clearly, and I sometimes I also get that tingle feeling.
Also it can't be just any music it has to be a powerful or meaningful piece of music. Not like Punk rock or pop and stuff like that, those just gets my adrenaline going. So Zidargh you are not alone. ^_^
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Crisis Analogy [/i]
[B]Hmmm...

[i]"Phoenix"[/i] by Breaking Point. [/B][/QUOTE]
That's nice. Would you like to talk about it?
Please join in the actual discussion, rather than simply naming a song.
Posted
[FONT=arial]anytime I hear something that's got loads of vocal talent involved, or something that has a lot of emotion put into it (or something that has emotional value to me), I get chills. I get the shivers from my head to my feet whenever I listen to music performed by Jon Schmidt (not a singer, but still) and Josh Groban. both are so talented at what they do, you can't help but feel the hair on your arms stand up. I remember that happened when I heard the Les Miserables soundtrack for the first time too, especially during the finale. there's a whole bunch of examples I could think of if I took the time to think about it, but ya get the idea.[/FONT]

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...