OtakuBoards

If they make another Super Smash Bros...

HammerBlade

[color=red][font=century gothic][size=1]

Yes, online gameplay would be very cool. Just an all out fight with chaos and mayhem would be very awesome. And if they had a tournament with two on two battles or three on three battles with you and two of your friends battling three other people on a team. Then have the rankings online. Man that would be fun...[/color][/size][/font]

• 4 weeks later...
Wow, that Metroid item would be cool. You could pick up a containment test tube thing w/ a Metroid in it and it could go and suck the life out of other players! For characters, they need to add Megaman, Banjo and Kazooie (not going to happen now), Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Wario, and a Waluigi clone of him (like Mario and Luigi are in the game), a realistic and cel-shaded version of Link, Samurai Goroh, Baby Bowser, Mr. Resetti, Captain Olimar, and Star Wolf. Thats all I can think of now.

SSBM is pretty my favorite game of all time, if there was ever a chance that we could play it online sometime in the future then I wonder how I'd fare against other people that have mastered this game? I mean the only people I have to play it with are my sister who is not very good at it, and I used to play it with my dad.

Bleh, I have the same problem as you. The only person I know of that even comes close to me in SSBM is my brother, which is sad because I'm not really that good at the game. I'd say I'm in the above-average-pretty good range.

I like the idea of an online play/ranking system. I think that's the only way you would have people coming back to play SSB online because one of the great components of SSB is that you're right next to the people you're fighting, so you can brag to them right then and there ^_^ With a ranking system (and maybe a plausible chat system), you can brag and actually have the statistics to back it up.

If there was online for SSB:M, I would probably wet myself lol. Seriously, I hate to brag, but I am literally the best Melee player in my whole town (that I know of), and I've been wanting to enter a real tournament forever, but I could never find one. I'm not saying I'm the best, but I am definetly good enough to win a tournament.

Online for SSB is really all I would need in the next one. I think they have enough characters already, there's plenty of trophies, the game's challenging enough, etc. Maybe all the levels from the orginal, because I loved going down the tubes in the unlockable Mario level (can't remember the name), and Saffron City was pretty cool too. Oh, and maybe put in some more adventure stages. Playing as Link in the Mushroom Kingdom never gets old lol. Really, if they just had online though, it would be good enough for me.

• 2 weeks later...
New Characters they need to add:

Wario
Waluigi
Toad
Pit (Kid Icarus)
Little Mac (Punch-Out)
Tetra (Zelda: The Wind Waker)
Diddy Kong (DKC)
Donkey Kong Jr.
Paula (Earthbound)
Princess Daisy (Super Mario Land, possibly a Peach clone)
R.O.B. the Robot (former NES accessory; ok maybe not)
Captain Olimar (Pikmin)
At least 1 or 2 more Pokemon, maybe Meowth
K.K. Slider (Animal Crossing)
King Hippo (Punch-Out)

And, if Nintendo made a deal with Sega.... Sonic and Tails, but I doubt that ever happening... although Link is a playable character in Namco's Soul Caliber 2. I guess anything is possible.

As for other extras, I'd love to see classic NES games bundled in, like in AC.

-H

Guest tasaku
if they do make another one i hope that it includes more characters like the ones off of soul caliber two and other great games like that

If they made another SSB I have to say the should add Chun-Li (Street fighter) & Taki (Soul Caliber) {they are my favorites in those games ^^} & NARU they should add NARU (from Love Hina) she can hit ppl really hard!! muahahaha!!
ok. I'll shut up now.

Guest JaxTheMonkey
Having some type of character editor would be awesome but I think a 2 player cooperative adventure made would be awesome

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by tasaku [/i]
[B]if they do make another one i hope that it includes more characters like the ones off of soul caliber two and other great games like that [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=navy][i] I really doubt any of those characters would make it in. Street Fighter doesn't really have anything to do with Nintendo, and Soul Calibur basically the same thing. They are their own fighting games. They wouldn't put them in SSBM. Nintendo would have to strike a deal with Namco and Capcom, and that would probably never seriously happen, other than realeasing their games on the Gamecube. Only Nintendo characters would be probable to make it in. As much as it would be nice to have other characters from other games in SSBM, come on, be realistic.
~Matto[/color][/i]

If the made another smash bros. they should also put in stat points to increase a characters speed in unleashing a move or making them faster on the field. Custimizing your own character would be kinda cheap and some moves just wouldn't fit. Ex: Mario using Kirby's stone move.

[quote]If the made another smash bros. they should also put in stat points to increase a characters speed in unleashing a move or making them faster on the field.[/quote]
I think that would be too... Unbalanced. Some characters (like Bowser and Gannondorf) had exteremely powerful attacks and were tough as nails, but that was balanced out by making them sluggish and heavy.
On customization, there could be three different special moves for a certian "b-attack", that are similar but varied. For (a bad) example, Mario could throw fireballs which stayed in the arena longer, or you could set it so he threw Dr.Mario's pills instead and they would be more powerful but have shorter range. This might be hard to do because the variants of attacks would have to fit the character's overall theme and fighting style. Also, they might have to cut down on the amount of playable characters because they would run out of ideas for moves. I never really liked those "clone" chars because they were... clones.

By the way, if they had Golden Sun charaters in it (I'm confused on wether this is even possible) then they shouldn't forget the "villans"! The guys from Prox were my favorite characters, because they had a very good reason to be against Isaac and those guys. Their array of special attacks wouldn't be too hard to figure out, either.