OtakuBoards

If they make another Super Smash Bros...

HammerBlade

This thread will be about your ideas for another Smash Bros game. One of my personal ideas are:

Each character having tons of customizable attacks. Take Link for example. You could switch his Down B attack from bomb to something like Bombchu. Or switch Gannondorf's B attack to the thing where he charges up a huge ball of energy and throws it at you. That would be AWESOME!

Your thoughts and ideas, people?

Guest kingnothing47
being able to make your own character and cumstomize your moves using everybody elses in the game would be a neat thing

What I'd really like to see, and I have no idea if Nintendo would even think about this, is that the next Smash Bros. should be two discs. One disc would be solely dedicated to single player and the other disc would be dedicated to multiplayer.

That way, the multiplayer disc could have as many levels and characters as possible. Also, on the single player disc, Nintendo could finally realize my Adventure mode dream: character specific (or at least series specific) Adventure modes. Just think about it: When you're playing as Samus, you could play through a bunch of Metroid-like levels, the bosses you would face would be from Metroid (just thinking about fighting Kraid or Ridley gives me goosebumps lol), etc. A game like that would keep me in my room for years...not that that's a bad thing...

Guest The Bouncer
they could put a create-a level.. cause ive always had some sweet ideas.. but could never make them

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by The Getaway Man [/i]
[B]Ok I've only played S.S.B. once or twice and it would be really cool to be able to have a "GameCube Live" thing like with the PS2 and XBox and play S.S.B with people around the country! That woulb be sweet! :devil: [/B][/QUOTE]

That would probably never happen seeing as Nintendo would never go third party, which would be the only possible situation in which your idea could happen. Although, I do admit that it would be pretty cool. Unlikely but cool.

Edit: Whoops, my mistake. Sorry. Thanks for pointing it out to me, Desbreko.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by mirai_torankusu [/i]
[B]That would probably never happen seeing as Nintendo would never go third party, which would be the only possible situation in which your idea could happen. Although, I do admit that it would be pretty cool. Unlikely but cool. [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=indigo]I think he meant just have an online service with the GCN, so that you'd be able to play Smash Bros. with other people over the net. Not have an SSB game on the PS2 or Xbox.

I agree, though, online play would be awesome. The problem with it, though, is lag. In a fighting game like SSB, slowdown can mean the loss of a match, which would really suck. They'd probably have to make it broadband only for it to work very well.[/color]

[b]Edit:[/b]
[color=seagreen]Yeah, I've also heard that Nintendo and GameSpy have been talking about, or are going to be talking about, setting up an online network for the GCN. As for it being free, it would probably be up to the publishers whether or not to charge a fee, but Nintendo has said that all of their first party games that support online play will be free. (If they do ever make any online games, that is).[/color]

Now THAT would be CRAZY!!! It's a cool idea I like that one...But I have an idea thats even CRAZIER!!! If an SSB game had a world editor similar to that of [url=http://pc.ign.com/articles/363/363926p1.html]WarCraft III![/url] Though I can only see that happening on the computer and not on a GCN(GameCube).

First off,I'd like to [i]never[/i] see anymore Pokemon in a Super Smash Bros game. Who would actually choose to fight as Pichu??!!! bleh

Second; [b]no clones[/b].
It would have been awesome playing as Ganon, Falco, Doc Mario, Young Link, and Roy with their own personal moves.

Most importantly; [b]characters[/b].
Captain Olimar, his assistant Loogi (or whatever they're calling him now), and some Pikmin would be cool.

Pit from Kid Icarus is a [b]must[/b]. Ever since I saw that trophy of him with the new look, I needed more.

I wanna see Wario, Waluigi, and maybe Baby Bowser. I'm sure more Mario characters won't be a problem. heh

The Skull Kid, perhaps. Oooh, and I want Link to be able to collect and wear masks for transformations to Zora, Deku, and Goron. Whoa, think of fighting as Oni-Link. Maybe these could be a universal item for all the characters to use. *Imagines Peach trying on the Goron mask*

That's all I can think of now.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I thought the original smash bros. (for n64) was better than the gamecube one. perhaps this is just because I was better at the original one, though ...

anyway, I thought the levels in the gamecube one were a little too busy, and I always hated when the levels could make you die (like in the n64 one, the level when you could fall into the fire and die that way ... ok it's been a little while). so I like it when they keep the levels a little simpler, so you can focus on your fighting.

and, as someone said before, a level editor would be really awesome!

Actually, I quite enjoyed the busy levels. They reminded me of Power Stone (I think that's what it's called - please correct me if I am wrong) for the Dreamcast. I'm hoping that Nintendo will make the levels even better for the Smash Bros. sequel.

Me and my friend thought of an Idea where you could get different moves for the people after a certan amount of battles. I think we called them customizable power ups. You can three on at a time

Dr. Mario

100 battles
Virus Capsule
Docter Tornado-Virus Capsule

What it does is instead of Docter Tornado, you use the brand new Virus Capsule once you go to Character Data and change it. Virus Capsule is a down B move that sends out little virus things from Dr. Mario that move until the fall off the board.

Young Link

75 battles
Milk Drink
No Recovery-Recovery Move

He has the longest fighter stance in the game that you drink milk and get nothing. Well Milk Drink would now recover 25% Damage if it is completed {before he wipes it off} you will now recover 25% damage but can only be used twice during battle.

Lessee..

New characters: Maybe Isaac and.. Ivan from Golden Sun. Then you could have hidden "clone" characters Felix and Sheba. (I don't know if Nintendo will allow that, though, because GS was made in part with Camelot, a third party company)

New items: If Golden Sun characters are in it, maybe they can have the summoning stones from Golden Sun: The Lost Age.. Then you could summon Eclipse, Catastrophe, Aures.. All those cool multi-elemental summons from GSII. They'd work kinda like Pokeballs...

New stages: (Wow, I'm predictable) Of course, a couple of Golden Sun stages would be cool... Maybe one on the top of Venus Lighthouse.. Another on Air's Rock..

^_^ Heh. I know it was all Golden Sun.. Sorry. *distressed* But I think it's the best game that has come out on a Nintendo system that hasn't come to SSB yet..

First they need one on the GBA...
They need MORE characters...tha guy from harvest moon(he can throw vegatables,sic his mouse baby on you, and ride his horse to clobber you...)...Sonic and Tails....Wario and Waluigi...some kind of robot...just to name a few...

[COLOR=orangered]AND I FULLY AGREE WITH OTAKUSENNSEN![/COLOR]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by SonicSlash [/i]
[B]First they need one on the GBA...[/B][/QUOTE]
[color=indigo]I don't think an SSB game would work very well on the GBA; there's just not enough buttons on the thing. Sure, you have A and B for the attacks, R for grab and L for shield, but that doesn't leave a button for jump. Yes, I know you can use up for jumping, but I've never been able to use that effectively. I get [i]so[/i] much more precision when I use the C buttons (SSB) or X/Y (SSBM) for jumping. I'd rather they wait until the next Game Boy system is out (which will hopefully have four face buttons like the SNES), to make a portable SSB game.[/color]

[quote]
Golden Sun is not allowed. Sorry, but Nintendo would have put them in if so.
[/quote]

..Not exactly. First off, WHY isn't it allowed? 'Cause Camelot programmed it? But Nintendo was already near done programming SSBM when Golden Sun came out.. They wouldn't have been able to put it in yet. ^_^' It hadn't been out long enough by the time they began making Melee.

As was just said, Golden Sun didn't even matter at the time of SSBM's release. It's a Nintendo funded and published game, and they can easily put characters in their if they like. I severely doubt they will though, because none of those characters are exactly huge or important at this point compared to the rest in the game (even Marth and Roy have been around for years). The same with any Rare created DK characters. Nintendo owns them and can do as they like, but I severely doubt any of them will make it in.

Personally, I'd like some sort of mulitplayer minigames that involve the standard controls... So I don't mean like Mario Party, but maybe who can destroy something the fastest or stay on a tiny platform the longest while avoiding fireballs. That sort of thing.

I'd also like the return of character entrance animations.

There's no reason to add Metroids themselves. They are secondary characters and have one attack. I don't see why they can't be some sort of item like Mr. Saturn is though. Same with Shyguys and Goombas.

[color=indigo]Something I think would be really cool is having boss fights at the end of each Adventure Mode level, or at the start, or somewhere in them. Like, in Link's level, they could have a battle with Ganon. (Not Ganondorf, Ganon in his giant pig form). Or with Samus, they could have you fight Ridley and/or Kraid. Stuff like that. Sort of like fighting old bosses, like Ridley and Kraid from Super Metroid, only with SSBM moves.

And yeah, the little entrance animations were cool. I didn't even realize they weren't in SSBM for quite a while, but once I realized they were gone I missed them. :cross:[/color]

Actually, I had an idea earlier in this thread (okay, so it was my only idea), that involved the characters fighting the bosses from their series in Adventure mode. And that would be the coolest thing in the world. And I didn't notice that the entrance animations were gone, either. I'll have to go back and check on that. Too bad I don't have Super Smash Bros. for N64 to confirm it.

Guest Suzaku
what i think that they could do is make it like an online game were more than 1 person plays at a time and you could team up with other gamers that would be awsome:]