OtakuBoards

Meaning of some of the Names

Cecil

I've always wondered what some of the Final Fantasy games meant, like Cecil and Squall. I have always thought that Squall had something to do with the wind. Oh yeah, Reene I'm not sure if that is really his name though. Was the guy that collected taxes in England, AKA the sheiff.

Squall=A Ferocious wind over the water

I've heard it before in a book its a type of storm that happens over water... With lotsa wind and stuff sort of like a Gale but on the water...

I'm not 100% possitive tho...

[SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]now i know y people disliked FF9 cause zidane was in it... and he KNOWS nothing about FF... cid was NOT i repeat [SIZE=10]NOT[/SIZE] in all the FF games... a lot but not all... so please shut ur mouth till you know ur stuff!!!
sigh... how was HE supposed to replace me?[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

I DO KNOW MY STUFF!!!
Sorry for makin u throw a stress at me.I wasn't talin about Final Fantasy 9.I bet u have never played Mystic Quest,2,3,4,5,6.But u've played 7,8,9.
ACTUALLY, there is a Cid in Final Fantasy 9.He he,I've caught u out :devil: . He he, u don't know about Princess Garnet's uncle in Lindblum.There is a Cid in 9.And by the way, i read about Cid bein' in Final fanatasy's in a magazine.So u are wrong.
If you wanna know that I know alot about Final Fantasy,if you joined up with the Otaku when it was on version 1.Then a guy named Safer Sephiroth,would tell you.me and him know loads about Final Fantasy.Safer Sephiroth was a really kewl friend actually.
Oh yeah,Kuja,when I played Final Fanatsy,it gave me hopes and dreams,and people to look up to. I DO NOT NEED U TO CRITISCISE MY KNOWLEDGE ON MY FAVOURITE GAMES IN THE WHOLE WORLD.
And you cannot critisice my hopes and dreams..I'v been playing all the FF games lots over theses past few weeks,because I've lost a relative out in America.I live in England,so show some respect.Not just for me for everyone.Some Final fantasy master u are ,Kuja.

im sorry to say, yes their is a cid in every game, VII, VIII and IX.

cid highwind=VII
cid=just a person
cid=just a person

but don't take my word for it, i am wary on knowledge.
wow, man, you blew up completly at zidane, calm it. he's just signed up, loosen it on him would you thanx?

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Zidane [/i]
[B]I DO KNOW MY STUFF!!!
Sorry for makin u throw a stress at me.I wasn't talin about Final Fantasy 9.I bet u have never played Mystic Quest,2,3,4,5,6.But u've played 7,8,9.
ACTUALLY, there is a Cid in Final Fantasy 9.He he,I've caught u out :devil: . He he, u don't know about Princess Garnet's uncle in Lindblum.There is a Cid in 9.And by the way, i read about Cid bein' in Final fanatasy's in a magazine.So u are wrong.
If you wanna know that I know alot about Final Fantasy,if you joined up with the Otaku when it was on version 1.Then a guy named Safer Sephiroth,would tell you.me and him know loads about Final Fantasy.Safer Sephiroth was a really kewl friend actually.
Oh yeah,Kuja,when I played Final Fanatsy,it gave me hopes and dreams,and people to look up to. I DO NOT NEED U TO CRITISCISE MY KNOWLEDGE ON MY FAVOURITE GAMES IN THE WHOLE WORLD.
And you cannot critisice my hopes and dreams..I'v been playing all the FF games lots over theses past few weeks,because I've lost a relative out in America.I live in England,so show some respect.Not just for me for everyone.Some Final fantasy master u are ,Kuja. [/B][/QUOTE]

You Lie!
In final fantasy legend 1 and 2 and final fantasy adventure there is not a character named cid..

Nah ,u misunderstood. NO,I meant 7 ,8 and 9.U r right there is not a character named Cid in 1,2 and mystic quest.yeah sorry,u didnt get all the post but good point.Oh kewl Safer Sephiroth is on.Wicked!
But there is a |Cid in FF9 because ya know Princess Garnet's uncle,Cid in Lindblum.He he.
Sephiroth do you speak Japanese?

[SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]you so cant read zidane... i said cid was not in ALL the FF games... he was in 2,3,7,8,9,tactics and i think MQ... but he was NOT in 1, legends, legends 2, adventure... i said he was not in them all... you said he was...
and because of ur stupidity at arguing w/ a mod is y i said not as many people realize how good FF9 was... cause if zidane the main character is this DENSE... goes to show for the rest of the good guys... when the bad guy can out talk you... that part was a joke on ur name... cause if your gonna say wrong info you dont deserve that name... and ur friend must not know much either... cause he was not in every game... and that magize was either wrong or you misread it... because cid is NOT in all the games... it has been proven time and time again... now please DONT bring it back up!!![/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

[b]Akay,..
Cloud Strife...
Cloud means cloud..and Strife means (and I quote from my Oxford dictionary, 9th edition): conflict; struggle between opposed persons or things.
So, um,..Cloud Strife is Cloud of Strife? :confused: :p :rolleyes:

Anyways, Zidane,..I remember you,..and safer sephiroth joined OtakuB in version 2, not version 1, and he's now called Sephiroth. ;)
And Kuja knows a d-mn lot (sorry Kuja) and don't be surprised if he comes up with some hard questions for you...
Glad ta see you back though..:D[/b]

[SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]ok... who is the tournament champion in FF9... this is tooooooo ez... maybe i should do a hard one... like what is the name of the 42nd person to show on the credits of FF adventure[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

Cloud: water vapor
Aeris: Star sign
Barret: make of sweets
Sephiroth: just sounds evil...
Tiffa: Tiffa!!!!!!
Red XIII: Nanaki
Cait Sith: marshmellow, naah, ?

can't think...........errr, no more

actually kuja...........
[QUOTE]and ur friend must not know much either... cause he was not in every game... and [/QUOTE]

i have neva played FF, only 7. so i don't know alot, you are right........i know the bare basics.

Do you mean the card champion in treno? If you do than do you mean when you are forced to get to the final round, or when you just compete for the fun of it? I'm not sure about the later, but when you are forced to make it to the last round you play Cid, but since he dosn't want people to know he's an oblop they tell you your playing the captain of the Hilda Grade 3, I think.

good to see you again zidane, yes, I know little japanese, although I need to work on my kanji a little....

I guess noone bothered to find out what sephiroth means, well....

The word Sephiroth itself is plural and means SPHERES or EMANATIONS. This is a brief outline of these 10 manifestations of Universal Energy constituting The Tree Of Life

the name sephiroth, is also in the old testement of the bible, it speaks of a "tree of sephiroth" although I do not know the full details of it....

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sephiroth [/i]
[B]good to see you again zidane, yes, I know little japanese, although I need to work on my kanji a little....

I guess noone bothered to find out what sephiroth means, well....

[i]The word Sephiroth itself is plural and means SPHERES or EMANATIONS. This is a brief outline of these 10 manifestations of Universal Energy constituting The Tree Of Life[/i]

the name sephiroth, is also in the old testement of the bible, it speaks of a "tree of sephiroth" although I do not know the full details of it.... [/B][/QUOTE]

[b]Hehe, I found that italicaised bit out ;)
Here's s'more,..well, here's wa'more:
Sephiroth is plural, right? Well, the singular of Sephiroth is Sepher.
DOIK! Like that really helped :D[/b]