Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Accents


Recommended Posts

Guest firemac
Posted
Hmm, do you have certain type of accent? I have an nomral american accent, I can change it to having a spanish accent, yeah so I can mke it sound like I'm spanish and trying to speak english and american trying to speak spanish, it's kinda cool if ya ask me
Guest firemac
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by gundamcat17 [/i]
[B]i have the dreaded tech accent .meaning that i sound like a school teacher [/B][/QUOTE]
Haha, lol, that was just too funny, you sound like teacher haha, I think I know what youa re going to be when you are grown up unless you are already
Posted
i suppose i am already kind of grown up i.e. i have a job however its in the field that i would like to stay in{god forbid that all html techs get wiped from the planet or sumthin along those lines}.
Posted
[color=indigo]I have a plain ol' Aussie accent. -_-

But in Australia, much like America, we have different accents. Kinda like...compare someone from New York to someone from Texas. You have your country and your city accents.

Same goes for Australia, although an American may have trouble working out the difference between the two.

So, Nicole Kidman has more of a city accent. The crocodile hunter has a more country accent (he's our equivalent to your George Bush).

I have a city accent. If that helps you imagine it at all lol.[/color]
Posted
i know what you mean all the friends from that side of the planet that i have talked to have had different accents...imagine the difference between some one from sydney and someone from queensland the difference is vast
Guest firemac
Posted
yeah once ya think about it, USA does have tons of different of american accents, man the that get on my nerves is snotty rich people accent, no offense if you are reading this and you are one too;)
Posted
to be honest im poor....like top ramen poor....this is the disadvantage of moving out of your parents house...if it helps ne i live in california.And if you say i talk like a valley freak you don't know how big california is.
Guest firemac
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by gundamcat17 [/i]
[B]to be honest im poor....like top ramen poor....this is the disadvantage of moving out of your parents house...if it helps ne i live in california.And if you say i talk like a valley freak you don't know how big california is. [/B][/QUOTE]
I will never move out, not until I'm making great money, and old enough and know my stuff, you know be smart while living alone
Guest firemac
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Dark [/i]
[B]I have a cool typical Greek accent. [/B][/QUOTE]
hmm I don't think I ever heard a Greek accent, maybe if I watch some more of the Discovery Channel I might here it
Posted
I don't know that I really have an accent. Maybe Midwestern, if there is such a thing....?

How about dialect? I say bubbler (not drinking fountain), Basement (not cellar), Soda (not pop), bucket (not pail), curtains (not drapes), and...well, a lot of other stuff.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Ice Dragon v2 [/i]
[B]i used to have my filipino accent
but i lost it wen i was 9 [/B][/QUOTE]

same here.
Posted
Does slang count as an accent? I live in California.. and I use slang.. and I have an american accent I suppose.. but my friend who lives in Virginia she just moved there, and when she used slang everyone gave her funny looks.. So I don't know...
Posted
I can change my accent to country, Japanese, Spanish, American, hick, you name it I can probably do it..... German however I have a problem with sometimes... can't quite get that sound down real good..... however Italian i can do great, probably cause i can speak it to an extent....
Guest firemac
Posted
To answer mint's question slang is not an accent it's just a little more different way of words
Guest firemac
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Final_Flash [/i]
[B]I have no accent, because I'm from New Zealand, the land of neutral. :D [/B][/QUOTE]
well then it's still an accent

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...