OtakuBoards

Accents

Guest firemac

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by RicoTranzrig [/i]
[B]I love changing my accent when I play pranks on people...they almost never know who I am... [/B][/QUOTE]

Me too ^_^

I sound weird. I mean, everyone says I sound normal, but I think I sound like a chipmunk...

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i]
[B][color=indigo]I have a plain ol' Aussie accent. -_-

But in Australia, much like America, we have different accents. Kinda like...compare someone from New York to someone from Texas. You have your country and your city accents.

Same goes for Australia, although an American may have trouble working out the difference between the two.

So, Nicole Kidman has more of a city accent. The crocodile hunter has a more country accent (he's our equivalent to your George Bush).

I have a city accent. If that helps you imagine it at all lol.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

Yep, I have one of those city accents to. Though some people say I sound American...

Oh, and just so you people know, me and James come from the same city in Australia, we just don't know each other outside the computer...

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Killermon [/i]
[B]i have a southern accent IT SUCKS!!! i hate IT! [/B][/QUOTE]
me bein' from Georgia, I've got a bit of a Southern accent too
I don't sound southern when talking around other southern ppl
but you should here me when I'm not:D:D

heh...... y'all wanna hear an accent? Come on down south where it's aaaalll about the draaaawwl. :D I'm actually from Utah, so if I concentrate I can still say my vowels shortly and 'proper' if you will. It's funny, when I talk here (in the south) people say, 'geez, you must not be from around here, you talk different a bit, Yankee (all in good fun, now).' But whenever I talk to an old friend from Utah, and mind you I try to sound as 'normal' as possible and speak without the sluggish slur that southerns are so known for, and they'll be like, 'wow, you sure do sound southern! You sound like a hick!'. So I dunno, I guess I do have a southern accent. It's not very heavy though, but if could actually talk to y'all right now, you'd definately be able to tell where I'm from without my saying..

Guest Voodookanaka
Yorkshire born, Yorkshire bread.
for all u USAians, the thug type ppl who say ey', thar', bugger' rate' etc....
and stuff like:

Dozy bugga
am fukin rate' 'ard I 'em
ey' thats champion
Fit as a butchers dog I am.
lef' it foot' arr' stairs

The motto:

Neva do owt for nowt, and if ya eva do owt far nowt always do it for tha sen.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Voodookanaka [/i]
[B]Yorkshire born, Yorkshire bread.
for all u USAians, the thug type ppl who say ey', thar', bugger' rate' etc....
and stuff like:

Dozy bugga
am fukin rate' 'ard I 'em
ey' thats champion
Fit as a butchers dog I am.
lef' it foot' arr' stairs

The motto:

Neva do owt for nowt, and if ya eva do owt far nowt always do it for tha sen. [/B][/QUOTE]

Quit messin' with my mind. :)

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by BabyGirl [/i]
[B][color=deeppink]Accent? I don't have one. Typical Mid-Western American girl :D Though, I can speak with many accents...and I am most proud of my Australian one ;) [/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=blue][b]Australian one eh? I [i]bet[/i] it sounds like the crocodile hunter lol. My g/f is American and whenever she tries to do an Aussie accent it makes me giggle. lol

I've never met an American who could do a [i]real[/i] Aussie accent. ;)[/color][/b]

[B]

[color=blue][b]Australian one eh? I [i]bet[/i] it sounds like the crocodile hunter lol. My g/f is American and whenever she tries to do an Aussie accent it makes me giggle. lol

I've never met an American who could do a [i]real[/i] Aussie accent. ;)[/color][/b] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]Oh, you'd be surprised...[/color]

[B]

[color=blue][b]Yeah, probably. :D[/color][/b] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]I don't know if that's an insult or a compliment...but oh well because I know I have a bee-utiful Aussie accent, and that is the final truth :D (even the native Australians told me that I sound quite authentic;))[/color]

Guest firemac
[B]

[color=deeppink]I don't know if that's an insult or a compliment...but oh well because I know I have a bee-utiful Aussie accent, and that is the final truth :D (even the native Australians told me that I sound quite authentic;))[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]
you can tell it's a compliment

[B]

[color=deeppink]I don't know if that's an insult or a compliment...but oh well because I know I have a bee-utiful Aussie accent, and that is the final truth :D (even the native Australians told me that I sound quite authentic;))[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=blue][b]Sorry, I didn't mean to sound like I was being insulting lol, I didn't know how to respond so I said "Yeah, probably". *shrug* :D

If you can do a good Aussie accent...then you're probably the only person in America who can. But I see that as a good thing. It means you're probably better than most American actors. ;)[/color][/b]

[B]

[color=blue][b]Sorry, I didn't mean to sound like I was being insulting lol, I didn't know how to respond so I said "Yeah, probably". *shrug* :D

If you can do a good Aussie accent...then you're probably the only person in America who can. But I see that as a good thing. It means you're probably better than most American actors. ;)[/color][/b] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]Don't worry, no hard feelings, I was merely joking :D. But about the whole accent thing, I was told by an Australian that to sound like an American, you just plug your nose and talk...do we really sound that obnoxious?[/color]

[B]

[color=deeppink]Don't worry, no hard feelings, I was merely joking :D. But about the whole accent thing, I was told by an Australian that to sound like an American, you just plug your nose and talk...do we really sound that obnoxious?[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=blue][b]Well, I always thought that our accent sounded very nasal and unpleasant...

You know the main bad buy on the Matrix? The agent who kinda leads all the others? Well he is an Aussie actor, and I can do the kind of accent that he was doing...that kinda American cop voice lol.

But there is such a huge variety with American accents...the variety with our accents is much smaller. But sometimes you can tell when someone is from Adelaide or Melbourne or Sydney by what they say...or what words they use. It's interesting :) [/color][/b]

[B]

[color=blue][b]

But there is such a huge variety with American accents...the variety with our accents is much smaller. But sometimes you can tell when someone is from Adelaide or Melbourne or Sydney by what they say...or what words they use. It's interesting :) [/color][/b] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]I agree with the nasal thing...I just luuuv your accents over there, though. Another one of my favorites is the Spanish accent...from people in Spain, not just anyone who speaks Spanish, that is.

I think any country you go to is going to have different accents depending on where they're from. Dialect comes into play, and different regions (like in France) have different accents as well. I think maybe it's China that has over 100 dialects of something like that? I don't quite remember.

It's much like our Southern accents, mid-western (non) accents, New England tone or whatever. Accents are fun! The only thing I hate is when people over exagerate the French accent...it makes me cringe :rolleyes:.[/color]

[B]

[color=deeppink]I agree with the nasal thing...I just luuuv your accents over there, though. Another one of my favorites is the Spanish accent...from people in Spain, not just anyone who speaks Spanish, that is.

I think any country you go to is going to have different accents depending on where they're from. Dialect comes into play, and different regions (like in France) have different accents as well. I think maybe it's China that has over 100 dialects of something like that? I don't quite remember.

It's much like our Southern accents, mid-western (non) accents, New England tone or whatever. Accents are fun! The only thing I hate is when people over exagerate the French accent...it makes me cringe :rolleyes:.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=blue][b]Yeah, that's definitely true. When people overdo any kind of accent it can be annoying...and the stereotypes can occasionally be annoying too.

You notice how in movies, 99% of the time someone with a southern American accent is a redneck, or someone with an english accent is an evil mastermind...or someone with an Aussie accent is either some dude who lives in the forest or some sleazy theif. lol[/b][/color]

[B]

[color=blue][b]
You notice how in movies, 99% of the time someone with a southern American accent is a redneck, or someone with an english accent is an evil mastermind...or someone with an Aussie accent is either some dude who lives in the forest or some sleazy theif. lol[/b][/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]Oh my, you are so very right...[/color]

[B]

[color=deeppink]Oh my, you are so very right...[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=blue][b]Yeah, if you really think about it...there are probably only a handful of movies that don't go along with those stereotypes lol[/b][/color]