Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Which was better?  

3 members have voted

  1. 1. Which was better?

    • The Big O I
      2
    • The Big O II
      1


Recommended Posts

Guest XBebop
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Arkadyz [/i]
[B][color=red][font=times new roman]Well it looks good and im looking forward to seeing all the eps...Unfortunatly I didnt catch it when it was originaly on...

I think the most important part of this show is the fact it was made specifically for the us...I mean when the second series comes on that will be its [b]Primier[/b]. i think this reall signifies a turn for the better where japanese animation companies actually make anime specifcally for the US markets (And no they arent dumbing anything down or such)

And Anime Invasion had a fun idea...If we can demand more Big O we should be able to demand more Bebop :p So everyone go Email wanatabe now :D [/color][/font] [/B][/QUOTE]

if you demand more Bebop i will personaly kill you..I would make it a slow and painful death for you..oh yes.. and also kill all your family members and friends right in front of you..

anyways, i liked Big O while it as on toonami but the ending was a cliffanger.. I was like, WTF?! THEY CAN'T END IT LIKE THIS! anywho..that's all i gotta say about the subject..realy..
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted
I really like the jazz that's played during the eps., it sounds very nice to me.

:( For those who just come to say they dislike Big O or any other show, well, it doesn't seem nice to me and it doesn't really make sense to just come and say that you don't like a show and that just be it.
If you really don't like a show then just pass it up when you see it, you don't really have to state it.
Come on now, think about it! :)
Posted
By the way, I heard that Shinichiro Watanabe of Cowboy Bebop fame was involved with the making of Big O-that may be why there are so many similarities with the music and style and such. . .
Posted
[color=hotpink][size=1]You know, I never watched the series the entire way through the first time it was aired, but I did think it was decent. I wasn't into it or anything, but when I was bored, it was nice to watch. It's a WHOLE lot better than stupid Dragon Ball Z, if you ask me.[/color][/size]
Posted
Has anyone seen that new anime called Big O? it's very good but the begining theme song is sort of weird all it say is Big O and one other line. Some of the best parts are the mass destruction, like every time Big O comes up from underground he destroys a biulding. Very good story line,good character design. i really like it.
Guest Crimson Spider
Posted
The show really isn't new. I've seen it before, and didn't like it.

For one, the show has this haze of gray over it that is really pestering me. I just don't like gray.

Second, all of the episodes that I saw were mostly talk, and little to no action. Even the action wasn't very entertaining.

Another thing that eluded me, though I watched many episodes, is what exactly is the plot. Why does this guy have a giant robot? Why is there only one city? Why did they get rid of all info about the past?
Posted
[color=hotpink][size=1]I merged this Big O thread with the other one. Duplicate threads are not allowed. Please check the forum before you start new threads and pay attention to the rules.

*QA*[/color][/size]
Posted
suprising it got such a fan base, then again it came out on tv when anime was just starting to get popular, and cox cables exanding the tv selection in my area to include cn. but hey, i ain't complaining, they can do that for other series as well, like finish animating kenshin..god knows its unbelievebly highly rated, they best move it back soon so it doesn't loose steam.. as for more bebop.. with spike dead wouldn't want it to continue on.. but if they were to do his past, that could be pretty kickass :) have to buy it though.. get a feeling it would be too explicit for adult swim..
Guest amethyst_lives
Posted
I don't know if there is a Big O thread already. So I am hoping there isn't.

Anyway I just wanted to know what you guys think of Big O. I think it's alright but not the best, yet my boyfriend thinks it is great.
Posted
Big O is cool and all and i love it any every way except character design. The characters other than Dorothy and Dastun, are kind of bland in design and whats up with the pointy fingers?
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Double_B_Daigo [/i]
[B]The characters other than Dorothy and Dastun, are kind of bland in design and whats up with the pointy fingers? [/B][/QUOTE]

You forgot about Swartzald (the dude in the bandages), I think his character design is pretty cool. Even though he does have a cone head look.

Even if you don't like the character designs, you have to agree that the Mecha designs are awsome and very original.:D
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by WW2 [/i]
[B]You forgot about Swartzald (the dude in the bandages), I think his character design is pretty cool. Even though he does have a cone head look.

Even if you don't like the character designs, you have to agree that the Mecha designs are awsome and very original.:D [/B][/QUOTE]

Yes this is very true about Swartzland. I totally forgot about him. and i never said that the mecha designs weren't original. Thats why i love the show. Well that and Rogers attitude on life and his house rules. And why does ALfred were an eyepatch?
Posted
Alfred? Isn't his name Norman?
I think you got Roger Smith's and Bruce Wayne's butlers mixed up.:D But now that you look at it, in some ways they are pretty much the same character.

As for the eye patch, who knows. Maybe he has one eye, and can't afford a glass one.
Posted
Thanks for the corrction. I had thoughts that wasn't his name, but i couldn't remeber. And you would think that roger would buy the eye (hey that ryhmes) for him. Although he may just be going for that look.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Double_B_Daigo [/i]
[B]whats up with the pointy fingers? [/B][/QUOTE]

I'm glad I'm not the only one that's noticed that. (I'm sure there are actually hundreds of people that have noticed that, but oh well.) THEIR HANDS ARE CLAWS, except for a few key characters like Roger Smith and Dorothy. CLAWS, I tell you!!! I really enjoy the show, but once in a while I look at the claws and just get disturbed. Maybe they've improved the drawing in the new episodes ... I can only hope.
Posted
I've heard somewhere that there would be another [spoiler]Big Type MegaDeus added towards the end of the series. Its supposed to be that Rosewater guy's MegaDeus, and he uses in a fight against Big O and Big DuO.[/spoiler]

But then again I may be wrong.:D
Posted
[spoiler] Well, we know for sure that there was a third Big type Megaduece; in the flashbacks to thirty years ago, there are three distinct robots shown: Big O, Big Duo, and a third robot. Hmmm....[/spoiler]
Posted
I wonder what they would call that [spoiler]third MegaDeus. Maybe it would be named Big TriO.[/spoiler]
Oh well, doesn't matter. But what does matter is the [spoiler]big three way battle between those three MegaDeuses. I just hope it will be a great fight, with alot of property damage.:D [/spoiler]
Posted
I guess you can say I've changed my mind LOL. The posts where I said the idea of Dorothy actually falling in love with Roger would be creepy to say the least. . .

I actually now think it would be somewhat of a cool storyline [i]if[/i] it were well-written and [i]if[/i] it were about the psychological/emotional experiences of the characters (two really big ifs LOL).

However, if it were written as some kind of totally normal relationship with no issues or nothing beyond the characters' interest in each other, I still think it would wreck the anime.
Posted
Hm, I think a Dorothy/Roger relationship would be kind of weird. But I kind of still want it to happen, and as you said, only if it involves the whole android/man love intricacies that I'm sure would be so interesting ...

Last night's episode on Adult Swim left the option open :) Anyone have any thoughts on it? I haven't seen the whole series so I'm really curious as to what repercussions Dorothy's question might have ... (If you didn't see it, she said something like [spoiler]"If you and I hadn't had our memories wiped and we just met somewhere, would we fall in love?" Roger didn't respond.[/spoiler])

Sorry if I butchered that quote. Anyway, I'm curious now! :)
Posted
[color=chocolate][size=1]Sorry Big O lovers, but i don't really like the show. It's got great animation and all, but, I don't get it :( I have never seen the series, but don't ask me to. I saw the previews, and it doesn't look all that good.[/color][/size]
Posted
Oh, but it is. Its got a dry since of humor, great phylsofical points, awsome story, and the mech battles are exteremly fun to watch. Especially when he unleashes that super hand strike with the chrome bars on his forearms.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...