OtakuBoards

Why so slow???

Ice Dragon v2

Adam has said that basically we are using WAY too much Bandwidth.... hehe you should hear the stories... his server e-maile dhim saying "Good job, you are using alot of bandwidth..... now we are going to move you to this new server, which happens to cost $1400 a month"... James said he had a good laugh.... I dunno what they are gonna do about it... we'll have to wait and see....

but yes, reason we are going slow: Too much Bandwidth = takes longer to load......

For Me. Its Been Slow And Fast. Depending On The Time Of The Day. Even when 27 people are on mine goes fast. I dont have DSL or cable YET! I have regular connection. Using Internet Explorer

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Transtic Nerve [/i]
[B]Adam has said that basically we are using WAY too much Bandwidth.... hehe you should hear the stories... his server e-maile dhim saying "Good job, you are using alot of bandwidth..... now we are going to move you to this new server, which happens to cost $1400 a month"... James said he had a good laugh.... I dunno what they are gonna do about it... we'll have to wait and see....

but yes, reason we are going slow: Too much Bandwidth = takes longer to load...... [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=darkblue]Yep...unfortunately, our current server is only designed to take so much of a beating.

We've experienced a huge influx of visitors over the past few days and consequently, it's caused our server to operate way over capacity.

The option of moving to a "premium" server is too expensive...and really, it's a waste of time.

But don't worry, we are looking at other options right now. We hope to have the boards operating at maximum capability as soon as we can. :)[/color]

i, too, have cable, but it still is going incredibly slow for me. sumtimes ill wait 3 min and the "post a reply" page still hasnt come up yet, so i just hit the "x" in the corner and goto i different site. it took 1.5 mins for this "reply" page to load up. its really annoying.