Ice Dragon v2 Posted September 23, 2001 Posted September 23, 2001 for the past 4 days, the boards is taking to long to load. im on cable but it still takes too long to fully load the site. the only time that otaku is at maximum speed is when there are only a few members on. but really, what made otaku so slow to load
Sui Generis Posted September 23, 2001 Posted September 23, 2001 I don't know why but I too am having a slow connection to The otaku...And I have DSL...
Seifer Posted September 23, 2001 Posted September 23, 2001 Its been slow, but its not all what kind of connection you have. I all depends on the server. If alot of people is using the server or if he is reaching his bandwidth limit or something. theres alot of factors involved.
MysticGohan Posted September 23, 2001 Posted September 23, 2001 Yes, I am experiencing the same thing you are! I am also on cable and T3 Sonet and yet both go extremely slow ( To the connection standards ) I am not too sure why... This happened to me before as well. Hopefully this problem will be fixed soon. - Mystic
Seifer Posted September 23, 2001 Posted September 23, 2001 All the ISP's have been bogged down lately, especially with the terrorist attack. Mine slows done alot at the peek times.
BabyGirl Posted September 23, 2001 Posted September 23, 2001 [color=deeppink]Ugh, I've had the same problem, it's so annoying. It takes me like two minutes to get to the general discussion page >_<[/color]
Transtic Nerve Posted September 23, 2001 Posted September 23, 2001 Adam has said that basically we are using WAY too much Bandwidth.... hehe you should hear the stories... his server e-maile dhim saying "Good job, you are using alot of bandwidth..... now we are going to move you to this new server, which happens to cost $1400 a month"... James said he had a good laugh.... I dunno what they are gonna do about it... we'll have to wait and see.... but yes, reason we are going slow: Too much Bandwidth = takes longer to load......
BabyGirl Posted September 23, 2001 Posted September 23, 2001 [color=deeppink]Heh, it's a funny thing, as soon as I posted about it being slow...it stopped being slow. Heh, neato :p[/color]
Sephiroth Posted September 23, 2001 Posted September 23, 2001 grrr, my comps still being slow, its been slow for a week now....
Guest Posted September 23, 2001 Posted September 23, 2001 For Me. Its Been Slow And Fast. Depending On The Time Of The Day. Even when 27 people are on mine goes fast. I dont have DSL or cable YET! I have regular connection. Using Internet Explorer
Yoda Posted September 23, 2001 Posted September 23, 2001 Mine depends on the time of day to! Rght now it's fast while in the night it is slow!
James Posted September 23, 2001 Posted September 23, 2001 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Transtic Nerve [/i] [B]Adam has said that basically we are using WAY too much Bandwidth.... hehe you should hear the stories... his server e-maile dhim saying "Good job, you are using alot of bandwidth..... now we are going to move you to this new server, which happens to cost $1400 a month"... James said he had a good laugh.... I dunno what they are gonna do about it... we'll have to wait and see.... but yes, reason we are going slow: Too much Bandwidth = takes longer to load...... [/B][/QUOTE] [color=darkblue]Yep...unfortunately, our current server is only designed to take so much of a beating. We've experienced a huge influx of visitors over the past few days and consequently, it's caused our server to operate way over capacity. The option of moving to a "premium" server is too expensive...and really, it's a waste of time. But don't worry, we are looking at other options right now. We hope to have the boards operating at maximum capability as soon as we can. :)[/color]
Tien Posted September 23, 2001 Posted September 23, 2001 Yep,the forum has been very slow,it takes 2 minutes to load the page.
Yoda Posted September 23, 2001 Posted September 23, 2001 If we were to change a server, would all our posts and sigs and stuff disappear?
James Posted September 23, 2001 Posted September 23, 2001 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by SS Trunks [/i] [B]If we were to change a server, would all our posts and sigs and stuff disappear? [/B][/QUOTE] [color=darkblue]I doubt it. The information could probably be transferred over.[/color]
No-Name Posted September 23, 2001 Posted September 23, 2001 i, too, have cable, but it still is going incredibly slow for me. sumtimes ill wait 3 min and the "post a reply" page still hasnt come up yet, so i just hit the "x" in the corner and goto i different site. it took 1.5 mins for this "reply" page to load up. its really annoying.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now