Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Guest Fly-T
Posted
This was my show back in the good days......When does it come on???
That show was something else....:stil remembers the eletric cage or whatever that was, and the ninja dudes:
Posted
[font=arial]It's on the FOXBOX I'm not fo sure of the time though. I must say it's a pretty cool show, I've only seen it a couple of times. I think it's okay, just not the best thing I have seen.[/font]
Posted
[size=1][color=blue]I remember that show it was great, is Shannon Lee hosting again? What channel does it come on now. I use to watch that show every weekend with my older brother it was great. I remember flipping out when I saw the one guy was in the Mortal Kombat movie he fought Lui Kang and had his [spoiler]soul taken from him by Shang Sung after the match[/spoiler][/size][/color]
Posted
Is this that stupid karate tournament show? They'd have to face off against random ninjas in even more random enviroments.

Pretty damn lame in my opinion, but to each their own.
Posted
^^ Point of interest: Ihe first Mortal Kombat movie, several cast members from WMAC masters played charectors from the video game. The Machine had a cameo against Sonya Blade, The Red Dragon, or whatever he was called, played scorpion and there was one other, but I cant remember who it was. Anyway, just thought you guys might be interested in knowing that. =D
Guest Musashiden
Posted
I know Bam! went against Robin Shou (Liu Kang) in the MK movie.

I loved that show. Still do. I still have my Olympus Action figure somewhere in my room XD
Posted
I think it said that Superstar was Lui Kang in the first two movies and doubled as Shang Tsung. It was great. It comes on at about 10: 00 for me.
Posted
Superstar (Ho Sung Pak) from WMAC was the character model for Liu Kang and Shang Tsung in the Mortal Kombat video games, not the movies. Robin Shou was Liu in the movies. I don't see why they didn't just cast Pak, but whatever.

I remember watching this show way back. Now that FoxBox is showing reruns, I realize that the acting on that show was only out-done by the writing in terms of "poorness." The same 3 or so characters did all the talking in each episode. I swear Ho Yung Pak never said a word, even though he was clearly one of the better fights on the show.

I still love it, though. Nice show to watch. No more campier than pro wrestling, although more fake. What really got me was the battles where each fighter would get a "lifebar." I used to grab my SNES controller and pretend I was playing a videogame on those parts.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...