OtakuBoards

Are their REAL psychics

Neoclone-7

[size=1][QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Crimson Spider [/i]
[B]Well, DectectiveMike actually has a valid arguement.

Of course the soul goes on. Everyone knows that. They just don't want to admit it. There are many special cases, most christians by the way, of a person having a near death experience, or where they actually die. Then when they go to Paradise, they see old realitives, friends. Often times greeted by a mysterious figure. He says it is not their time, and simply sends them back. And then the people who get sent back have memories of this. Vivid memories. They explain how they had all this knowledge of what would happen, what things were, questions that know one could answer, like how a spider spins a web. Then when they went back, the felt all the knowledge leaving them. Well, most of it. They still have a little bit, and a memory. Then when they tell people about this, only other christians ever believe them.

Many scientists said that this was only a few occurances, and was simply a dillusinal state when they were dying/being revived. So they did a search for this. They got back thousands and thousands of results. Almost all christians. These people had no knowledge of the other people who went through this. And it has been happening for as far back as when America fought the british. Now, a few maybe, but thousands of accounts throughout history of the almost exact same thing? Each with almost no knowledge or contact with another person? I think not.

They tried to explain this by saying that when dying, the brain releases a chemical that causes a person to become dillusinal and see things, and it happens with all deaths and only those who ever said anything only said what I said above simply for their believes. Now, they have no clue what chemical does this, nor can find any trace of it. They have nothing to go on. As far as they say, it just happens, and left it at that.

Now, as for telling the future, the bible clearly does that. It was written over a thousand years ago, and is rediculessly accurate. But you said that you had a dream about 4 or 5 months before 9-11 with New York on fire. That is a long time. That dream could have just been a dream, and not forseeing anything. Heck, I bet I had a dream about huge city buildings being blown apart within a year of 9-11. That does not nessicarly mean that we are seeing the future. Also, when a lot of people try to predict the future with their claimed psychic powers, they say very vague stuff, and are often times wrong. Just because my spirit will tell me when something is up/wrong, doesn't mean I can predict the future.

Many peoples souls tell them stuff. Mine does. So does the rest of my family. Ever walk into a place, familiar or not, and something sending a chill up your spine is telling you to get the heck out or that something bad is going to happen, then it does? Yeah, that.

That "why not" thing is what I tell to people whenever they say that christianity is wrong and that there is no rules and such. They can't. They say: How is it possible? I say: How is it not? There is simply no way to explain many of the things that I have seen. Well, there is one way...

Now, the brain does have its own electircal signal with its own electircal signiture. Then again, so does an electric eel, ghost knife, and other electrical fish. Our brain, if it was actually brodcasting something other than just the presence of electricity being there, would only brodcast it at about 1 volt of electricity. A very powerful radio would't be able to pick that up right next to that persons head.

Something like bending a spoon. As Maladjusted said: How do you become a spoon? Your spirit isn't going to bend a piece of metal so you can lie to people. I bet some people who claim that can't bend the spoon with their hands, let alone their mind.

That "If you don't believe, you can't do" thing is also crap. There are many next to impossible things I have done that I swore I wouldn't be able to do, and yet I pull them off effortlessly. How? I do not know.

Reading another persons mind would be next to impossible, simply because although each brain has the same basic structure, it is alomst completely wired differently. A persons soul will not tell another one what the mind is thinking. They have pratically no contact with one-another. Why would one soul pick up anothers thoughs? Simply put, it wouldn't. How can you be sure that what you think they are thinking is actually what they are thinking? You can't. Lets say that you know the person. And you were succesfully able to tell what they were thinking by consulting them. Was is psychic power? No. You just know the person, so you probably can get a base idea on how they think. Besides, they could be thinking about many things at once. Lets say it is a total stranger. Chances are, they are not talking about what they are thinking right now, but what they thought from a certain only known to them time. If you said that I though about food, videogames, and going here, you would be right. Even If I didn't know it was you, because you probably could easily picture that from many things, that is still a very basic and general prediction. Like I thought about Pokemon today, and that is a video game, so I though about a video game. If I was hungry today, or if my stomach simply isn't full right now, that would mean that I though about food, or was thinking about food. Since I am a member here, I abviously have thought about popping in and saying hello. Not so tough for the average joe, eh?

About predicting the future. If your soul is in a wild sleep, then it is asleep! It is not really doing anything. Why would you randomly be told something about the future, past, or very near present for no apparent reason?

If you look at it in the bible, everything that was going to happen was set in stone 2000 years ago. Not written, but planned out. And since God told his children to write the bible, with rediculessly accurate predictions, there is no need to be told what is going to happen in the future, or near present. The past? Memory. I've heard about things in the past such as pirates, the war between Britian and the 13 colonies to soon become America, and other stuff not coming to mind right now. I had basically only a few lines of text, word of mouth, and maybe an old picture or two (Possibly not even that) to go on. I could vividly picture what it was really like, down to how they acted, which was not nearly like the movie stereotype, how they talked, and the magnetude of many things. Then when I finally saw actually documentaries of pictures, descriptions, and actual diaries written by them, I found that what I though back then was fairly accurate. Was my soul telling me about the past? Of course not! I was just smart enough and had a vivid enough imagination to picture what it was like. Now, I had a pretty good base idea, but some of that was wrong. Maybe a good, solid detail, but that was it! Sure, it may seem like I knew a whole lot, but actually I knew a whole lot less! You saw New York on fire. But you didn't see a plane crash into 2 very large identicle buildings. There was actually little fire in those wrecks.

A persons sould leaving their body will not strengthen it. A persons spirit maybe stronger, but not everyone has a spirit, so it would make some people impossible to read the mind of if going by that. A persons sould is set in stone from the second that it ever exists. It never really gets stronger, or weaker, or changes. In fact, they are all pretty much the same strength.

You know what, how about I make a prediction? I predict that since now I have brought the Bible into this, that people are going to shift from the main topic, and get personal and start to discuss stuff about christianity, saying stuff like how it is just about a person having psychic power and trying to explain why. Then a moderator will say that this shouldn't be another "Debate Religion" topic, and that they will close it down if we don't get realivant.

Now, I bet you probably could see that happening too. Know why? Because it is simply common sense! Any blow-joe could see that coming a mile away.

I am currently thinking that even though I have posted that, and that it my persuade many to not say their opinions just because I decided to say it out loud, I think that many are still going to do exactly what I said, regardless of what I'm writing even now!

Of course, if the prediction I just made is ever completely accurate for about 3 or so posts, doesn't mean I have psychic powers. I mean, so what if the generality of what they said is likely to happen. So what if it does? Doesn't make them psychic.

P.S.

You know what? That is probably the longest post I have ever put on these boards without cutting and pasting anything from a different site. [/B][/QUOTE]

If what you said about the brain releasing some special chemical is true, then maybe this chemical causes people to see these 'mysterious figures' and dead relatives. Many people joke about seeing a light at the end of a tunnel, or seeing the Grim Reaper when they die. So since this idea is drilled into their brains, the chemical just makes them see it. I don't know why I'm talking about this, because I think it's false.

Everyone knows the soul moves on and they just don't want to admit it? That's your opinion, and that's based off of what you think and your religion.

Most of your argument is based on Christian ethics and beliefs, and since I [i]don't[/i] beleive in God, your argument didn't convince me at all.

[You [i]also[/i] quoted me wrong. I never said what you claimed I said. I don't even understand what you wrote in your post. Re-read my post or stop making things up, Crimson Spider.][/size]

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Crimson Spider
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by maladjusted [/i]
[size=1]

If what you said about the brain releasing some special chemical is true, then maybe this chemical causes people to see these 'mysterious figures' and dead relatives. Many people joke about seeing a light at the end of a tunnel, or seeing the Grim Reaper when they die. So since this idea is drilled into their brains, the chemical just makes them see it. I don't know why I'm talking about this, because I think it's false.

[B]The point is that there is no chemical. Scientists cannot find it, or any trace of it. They also can't find a reason why this mystery chemical would be released into the brain, and cause the exact same thing to happen. I know many people joke about these things. That is why I said "Almost All" simply because people are full of crap. People can say many things. Also,300 years ago, I doubt they had the thought of a Grim Reaper.[/B]

Everyone knows the soul moves on and they just don't want to admit it? That's your opinion, and that's based off of what you think and your religion.

Most of your argument is based on Christian ethics and beliefs, and since I [i]don't[/i] beleive in God, your argument didn't convince me at all.

[B]Last time I checked, the post wasn't directed at you, was it? You see, I can see that [i]you[/i] obviously wouldn't believe this, and so would many others who posted here. So I stayed away from it simply because it wouldn't convince them, and go with the hard facts with science and stuff.[/B]

[You [i]also[/i] quoted me wrong. I never said what you claimed I said. I don't even understand what you wrote in your post. Re-read my post or stop making things up, Crimson Spider.][/size] [/QUOTE]

[QUOTE][size=1]What, does the unused 90% send out invisible 'spirit rays' that force the spoon to bend? Or maybe that 90% makes the whole world just so you can see a regular spoon that looks bent. How do you become the spoon?[/size][/QUOTE]

Look familiar? That is what you said about the spoon.

[QUOTE]Something like bending a spoon. As Maladjusted said: How do you become a spoon? Your spirit isn't going to bend a piece of metal so you can lie to people. I bet some people who claim that can't bend the spoon with their hands, let alone their mind.[/QUOTE]

That was what I said. Now, I mentioned how you had asked how to become a spoon. The quoting ends there. The rest is all me. So what did I make up about your post?

And whether your mind can comprehend what I had posted is irrelivant. The post was not directed at you. I was replying to an arguement on why psychic powers are real. I used something you had said, and that was the end of it. Like if someone posts in German, you respond in German.

Actually the Grim Reaper is an old _old_ idea, but that's irrelevant.

Scientists not being able to explain something does not mean it cannot happen (In reference to this chemical)
Scientists are as yet unable to satisfactorily explain the beginning of the universe, but I for one am fairly certain that it did happen!

There are all manner of things about the human body which we cannot explain yet, as per my previous example with Centrioles. Yet we know they happen. Often we can SEE them happen.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Neoclone-7 [/i]
[B]I've been wondering if anybody besides me believes in"psychic" abilities. Like seeing the future in dreams, talking with people who have died (like that guy on the TV show, I don't remember his name). I personally believe in it. And have had many firsthand experiences with this kind of stuff. What does everyone else think? [/B][/QUOTE]

I'm not sure about talking to the dead. However, some of my dreams do come true though. :D :D

Guest Crimson Spider
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Wintermute [/i]
[B]Actually the Grim Reaper is an old _old_ idea, but that's irrelevant.

Scientists not being able to explain something does not mean it cannot happen (In reference to this chemical)
Scientists are as yet unable to satisfactorily explain the beginning of the universe, but I for one am fairly certain that it did happen!

There are all manner of things about the human body which we cannot explain yet, as per my previous example with Centrioles. Yet we know they happen. Often we can SEE them happen. [/B][/QUOTE]

Well, something like the beginning of the univers can't be found out, simply because it happened so long ago. Also, scientists can find pratically everything else about the brain, except for that. They even know what happenes with the chemicals and feelings and stuff when a person falls in love, does drugs, eats food, gets burned by a hot sandy beach... the list can go on. They can figure all that out. They know what chemicals do what when information is transfered from neuron to neuron. But yet, they can't find this out this.

About Centrioles. My poor memory is telling me that they are mircospopic things in a cell that do stuff and people don't know why. Well, the best thing that you can do is come up with a theory.

I theorize that the nucleus of the cell, which tells where RNA should take amino acids, makes strands of DNA, and take in necissary materials is acting like a primitive brain. And this primitive brain is telling what the Centrioles to do.

You see, a theory has to have something to back it up. I took the idea of the nucleus of the cell telling them what to do. Well, it tells many things in the cell what to do, so it is possible. Also, many things in the cell work almost autimatically, such as vacules.

It is possible that there is some scientist that knows exactly why they do this out there, and has written it in a book and published it and no one has noticed it. I could have read it somewhere and just don't remember it.

Then again, I don't even know what the heck a Centriole does, or even is, so who am I to judge.

The reason why the above paragraph can't be true is that there is nothing left! They have mapped out every gene. They know every chemical. They can spot abnormalities, no matter how small. They know what happenes when many things go on. And yet, they can't find something as simple as this. They had a theory, and yet nothing to back it up except what other things in the brain do. They abandoned the project, simply because they thought it was worthless. Maybe that is what happened with the Centriole thing. People quit caring.

Besides, the person is dead when seeing this stuff. Not dying, not almost dead. Dead. As in heart stops working, body stops breathing. Then they are brought back to life, either from electrical instroments, or seem to just pop up on their own. And they have this memory.

Then again, I say that it is impossible to change the way a person thinks. A racist shall always be a racist, and it is impossible to convince them otherwise. An Anorexic will always be an anorexic, simply because that is what they believe. Impossible to tell them otherwise. It is like all the effort in my long posts are worthless, because who they are meant for are deaf ears. They will not listen. Even if they won't admit that it takes 30% of the brain just to see their computer. Even if they say that a magic show is fake, and yet the show a psychic puts on is real. Even if they say that they have psychic powers do to a few instances which of everyone could possibly relate to, it is what they think, and impossible to tell otherwise. I could have the worlds leading scientists and bio-engineers telling them that we use a certain percentage of our brain. I could have a magician or a fake psychic tell them all their tricks. But they will not change their mind.