OtakuBoards

Are their REAL psychics

Neoclone-7

I think there are mediums and precogs(people who can see things before they happen in there dreams.). I'm not saying Í'm a precog, but on at least 7 occasions, I've known what would happen because i dreamed it. Maybe some every one has a little in them. Like deja vue.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I do believe in these types of abilities. I do not believe in the level of them that people like Miss Cleo try to push on us though.

I have had the occasional "glimpse" into events that will occure later in the day. This has happened maybe 4-5 times and has nearly been passed off as a dream while I am waking up, until I see the same thing later in the day. (No, I am not joking either. It has happened) This proves to me that it is possible, but the lack control, clarity, and length make it hard for me to believe that Miss Cleo has it any better.

IMO, this whole thing is just a prelude to another form of evolution. Humans have already reached a turning point long ago when we became "sentient," and now our brains are slowly rewiring with each new generation.

[color=b60039]I sometimes believe in these things and sometimes I don't. Like that John Edwards, and James Vahn Praugh. Sometimes they're so fake...i agree with whoever said that they were leading them on with their questions to make them tell them something, like if they had a dog or something that they loved...I can't quite explain it. It's like Miss Cleo, "Do you have a brother?" Well...most of this population DOES have brothers or something and they're asking REALLY basic questions that could apply to anyone (yess i got the right words..) I haven't seen anybody that has made me believe that they really CAN see into the future or talk to the dead, but I believe that it's possible...and Crimson Spider, i think we only use about 10% of our brains and the people that can REALLY talk to the dead or see into the future see like, 15% or something. It's really quite amazing. Anyway, I haven't seen anybody prove it yet.[/color]

well, my mom is always saying that i do have those abilities. a lot of times--actually about once a day--ill have that deja vu feeling; always connecting to a dream or something weirder.
and like Black_Phoenix i do have the ocasional glimpse into the future thing. a lot of times my dreams come true. infact it happens so often that sometimes i afraid my nightmares are gonna come true.
sometimes-sometimes ill even be able to sorta read someones mind. eh, i dont care if u belive this crap or not...

but like my english teacher said:
"evolution effects us all-some of us faster than others. sometime in the future we wont need to talk-we'll all have that certain abillity to read and send messages telepathically"
smart words, that they are

• 2 weeks later...
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Crimson Spider [/i]
[B]Nope! No psychics. Every single trick that they use has been disproven.
[/B][/QUOTE]

yes yes. I agree! You cannot talk to the deceased! That is crazy to think so! I read this on a bumper sticker,"Why do psychics have
to ask your name?"

Guest Crimson Spider
I could've sworn that this topic had died a long time ago. Anyway...

That whole 10% theory has been disproven. If we really did use just 10% of our brain, we wouldn't be able to have rational thinking, vision, and many emotions such as falling in love. We wouldn't have the sensory of touch either, and we wouldn't remember amything past about a month. We wouldn't have an accurate sense of time, or being.

I don't know who was the first scientist that started the whole 10% thing. But when scientists decided to search out this other supposedly 90% of our brain that we don't use, they found out that we ARE using it. I even remember someone saying that we use only 2% of our brain.

Then again, they are probably talking in some sort of realitive science talk. Like how they said that a roach can run 350 miles per hour. No they can't. They can only run about 1, or 2 MPH. Maybe even 3 or 4.

Someone also said that our bodies produce more heat than the sun. Last time I checked, our bodies aren't a furnace of hydrogen fusion.

And how we swollow 8 spders in our sleep. That means how the air particles that came from a spider in our sleep. Not an actual whole spider.

They play around with those like nuts. And besides, how can using the extra 15% or 20% of our brain that we aren't using allow us to talk to the dead, or read another persons mind. They don't emit any sort of signal. There is no such thing as brain waves. How are they gonna harvest the energy from nowhere to heal themselves quickly, or break a glass from a distance, which they can only do on their "Special" table that they say amplifies their brainwaves, which doesn't exist. Answer that.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Crimson Spider [/i]
[size=1]
Then again, they are probably talking in some sort of realitive science talk. Like how they said that a roach can run 350 miles per hour. No they can't. They can only run about 1, or 2 MPH. Maybe even 3 or 4.[/size][/QUOTE]
[size=1][color=#0099cc]
I think that they say this because if you scale a roach up to the same height of an average joe, they'll seem to run pretty fast. All 'they' are saying is that roaches run pretty fast for its size as a rhinosauris beatle is with its strength...

Anywho, I do not beleive in psychics, and i dont beleive in the ability because I dont think its possible, then again Earth used to be in the center of the universe...
[/color][/size]

[quote]That whole 10% theory has been disproven. If we really did use just 10% of our brain, we wouldn't be able to have rational thinking, vision, and many emotions such as falling in love. We wouldn't have the sensory of touch either, and we wouldn't remember amything past about a month. We wouldn't have an accurate sense of time, or being.

I don't know who was the first scientist that started the whole 10% thing. But when scientists decided to search out this other supposedly 90% of our brain that we don't use, they found out that we ARE using it. I even remember someone saying that we use only 2% of our brain.[/quote] Crimson Spider, at first I thought you were just flat-out wrong, and that trying to argue with you would basically start a flame war. However, after reading your latest post, I believe you are mixing statistics and information.

Your comments contradict one another, and are rather insulting. You are basically saying that man, anatomically, is the most inefficient being ever to grace the world. Realize that a bird - say, a parakeet - has an extremely small brain (relative to ours). However, they are capable of [strike]vision, feeling, memory[/strike] they are capable of the five senses and then some. With a brain that small, birds are able to think and do most of the functions we can, yet we use a full 100% of this massive mind to do so? That doesn't make any sense whatsoever. Birds don't even use 100% of their brain at any given instance. Sounds like you are saying we are the least evolved of all species...

Anyway, when I was thinking about your second contradiction, I realized that you didn't read my post thoroughly (although you were quick to quote it). I'll emphasize these words: "[B]at any given time.[/B]" If we functioned as you have said with your percentages, not only would we be fried and un-evolved, but we'd also be "for the moment." If we used 100% of our brain at every instance of time, we wouldn't have any place for memories or for learning. You are basically saying that at every single moment of time (which is [I]much[/I] less than a second, since our thoughts are streaming), our brain is doing everything it is capable of, even things that are impossible to do at the same time (i.e., walking and running). You are also saying that all our memories are constantly going through our heads, [I]and[/I] that these memories are recurring at every instance. So, you are thinking of your first memory, doing the dishes, being sad, being happy; [I]all[/I] while you are taking an exam... Haha, that would be interesting! While being capable of such a level of multi-tasking would be cool, it's just not true.

Anyway, what we have here is simply a conflict of time. You obviously didn't read carefully enough to realize that I was referring to one instance of time. However, since we are referring to an elongated period, we do access 80-90% of our brain within a day or two. "Why those parts of the brain become active," and "what activities they serve" are still not fully logged/known, but some are obviously for the different things we do/think/learn/feel at different times. I don't know where you got your statistics and what-have-you, but they are bogus (and the comments about memory). However, I've never heard a statistic of the brain that was 10%, so we at least agree on that. :)

I don't really think that there are any real psychics. There may be a pontential to be one, but I don't think we have any now. If you go for one of those private ones, they are just able to determine obvious things by looking at you. For instance, my mom went to see a psychic while she was like 5 months pregnant with my brother, so she was obviously with child. The psychic person studied her, read her hand, what have you, and finally announced that she would soon have a child.:rolleyes:

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by AzureWolf [/i]
[B] However, I've never heard a statistic of the brain that was 10%, so we at least agree on that. :) [/B][/QUOTE]

The closest thing that I have heard of for a percentage is 30%. There is only one problem that follows that number. Is that percentage a total amount, or just the average used during a restful state (i.e. little movement, no extensive thinking)? Anyone that has seen a picture from a CAT scan (or was it an MRI?) knows that a sizable portion of the brain is in use even at rest, which clearly conflicts with the idea of only 10%.

Just so no one gets confused, rest is not the same a sleep.

Very interesting. I decided to do a search on this subject since there is an even footing on both sides. Turns out that this "10% Theory" is a big rumor that the media and famous icons have spread throughout society. [quote][I]From [url]http://www.infoplease.com/askeds/4-20-01askeds.html[/url][/I]

Regardless of its origin, experts in the field of neurology seem quite certain that although certain pathways in the brain may be working at different activity levels, all parts of the brain are always being used?even during sleep.[/quote] Wow, I'm not even going to bother to try and save face since I seemed to have been flat-out wrong. I don't understand it, but that's not important for this discussion.

EDIT: Booya! More searches via google! [quote][I]From [url]http://serendip.brynmawr.edu/bb/neuro/neuro01/web1/Briley.html[/url][/I]

At any given point in time, about 5% of the neurons are active, [B]but over time and change of ones behavior[/B], PET scans and fRMIs show that the vast majority of the brain is active (2).[/quote] So, that confirms your MRI thing, Black Phoenix. Plus, I've saved face! :p

I believe in it somewhat. Sometimes I have dreams and then the next day it happens.I'm not talking about a coincedence,it happens EXACTLY like I saw it in my dream.People say the same things,wear the same outfits,talk in certain voices.It's rather strange.

No,I don't really believe in talking to the dead,it just doesn't seem realistic to me.But maybe I'm wrong...

Guest Crimson Spider
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by AzureWolf [/i]
Crimson Spider, at first I thought you were just flat-out wrong, and that trying to argue with you would basically start a flame war. However, after reading your latest post, I believe you are mixing statistics and information.

Your comments contradict one another, and are rather insulting. You are basically saying that man, anatomically, is the most inefficient being ever to grace the world. Realize that a bird - say, a parakeet - has an extremely small brain (relative to ours). However, they are capable of [strike]vision, feeling, memory[/strike] they are capable of the five senses and then some. With a brain that small, birds are able to think and do most of the functions we can, yet we use a full 100% of this massive mind to do so? That doesn't make any sense whatsoever. Birds don't even use 100% of their brain at any given instance. Sounds like you are saying we are the least evolved of all species...

[B]That is where you are wrong. Sure, they are capable of 5 senses. To our strenght? Of course not. Ever notice how bigger birds can see better? Another thing is that a bird rarely thinks. Most of what they do is programmed into their head via instinct. Any and Every bird knows how to do a whole lot of stuff. How they figure out different puzzles of sorts is simply buy a proscess of elimination of sorts. They try one basic thing, then move onto the next. And the next. Also, a bird has more longterm memory than short term. That is how they can be taught how to do tricks. They also base most of their actions on 1 of 2 things. The second one doesn't matter, but the first on is FOOD. They think "Pull string, get FOOD." Also, a birds body is a lot smaller than ours. Most of it's body is feathers. Take that away, and you have a pretty small creature. A good some of their body doesn't even have muscle, such as the flap of their wings, or their legs. You must also take into consideration the size of the brain relitive to the size of the body. A lot of these functions that we do they don't have. Such as reason, contrast, amusement. Sure, a bird likes it when you rub behind it's neck, but that is simply pleasure. They also get this from FOOD. A computer programmed to figure out math problems. Like getting worns, 1+ 2 = 3. Pulling on a string to open a door is like adding on some multiplication to the problem. This computer sees it, trys it out, observes, then it can now do that.

You can also flip around what you said and say that humans evolved such a good brain that we don't even need to use a lot of it. Of course, both evolution and using so little of our brain. I also never said we used 100%. I said about 80%, which we do.[/B]

Anyway, when I was thinking about your second contradiction, I realized that you didn't read my post thoroughly (although you were quick to quote it). I'll emphasize these words: "[B]at any given time.[/B]" If we functioned as you have said with your percentages, not only would we be fried and un-evolved, but we'd also be "for the moment." If we used 100% of our brain at every instance of time, we wouldn't have any place for memories or for learning. You are basically saying that at every single moment of time (which is [I]much[/I] less than a second, since our thoughts are streaming), our brain is doing everything it is capable of, even things that are impossible to do at the same time (i.e., walking and running). You are also saying that all our memories are constantly going through our heads, [I]and[/I] that these memories are recurring at every instance. So, you are thinking of your first memory, doing the dishes, being sad, being happy; [I]all[/I] while you are taking an exam... Haha, that would be interesting! While being capable of such a level of multi-tasking would be cool, it's just not true.

[B]I never said we used 100% all the time. I said we use 80% or so of our brain. And you talk about me quoting you?

We use about 70% all the time. For senses, and reasoning with these. We also that extra 10% for short term memory, and when we think really hard. Ever notice how when you think about something really hard, your visions sorta goes away? I never saiid that all of our memories are going through are head. Remember that 20% that we really aren't using? Well, we use that for long term memory, and for light repair. Whenever we run out of space, our minds just toss out some of the old stuff i.e. first steps, going to the minimart 2 weeks ago... So the total percentages are are 40-50% senses. Maybe even sixty. (Memory... slipping) another 10-20% comprehending these, and about 10% for short term memory. It doesn't really take the brain a whole lot to remember something.[/B]

Anyway, what we have here is simply a conflict of time. You obviously didn't read carefully enough to realize that I was referring to one instance of time. However, since we are referring to an elongated period, we do access 80-90% of our brain within a day or two. "Why those parts of the brain become active," and "what activities they serve" are still not fully logged/known, but some are obviously for the different things we do/think/learn/feel at different times. I don't know where you got your statistics and what-have-you, but they are bogus (and the comments about memory). However, I've never heard a statistic of the brain that was 10%, so we at least agree on that. :) [/QUOTE]

Actually, we are using about 60-70% of our brain at any time excluding sleep. That is basically all it takes for senses, and simple reasoning. Let's take vision, which uses 30% of our brain almost all the time.

Just walk outside on a sunny day. See all of the green grass, the green/yellow leaves of trees on the brown/gray trunk. The blue sky, the white clouds. How you can almost see in a 180% degree angle. How you see movement of wind go throught the leaves of the trees. How you see your own nose, the hair above your head (If it is long enough). Your eyelashes. The house you just stepped out of.

I don't know about you but that is gonna take a whole lot of work to process. Every speck and detail that you can notice on anything.

But you don't think about all of this. You probably see the wind go through the green trees. You don't pay attention to the bark, your eyelashes, the ground your standing on. Your brain processes all of this. But since your reasoning part is only paying attention to the moving leaves, the rest of this information is discarded immediatly. While typing the bold in the part that I quoted, I didn't notice my eyelases, the test at the bottem, the empty bowl and empty bottle of water on both my sides. The mouse, my nose, my hair, the printer next to be, the brown color and texture of the dest my computer is on. I simply wasn't paying attention. Of course, I notice all of these things now because I begin talking about it. So now I notice a lot of the details of what is in my current range of vision. I'm not paying attention to what I'm smelling, even though now I am because I just typed that.

In short, your brain processes a whole lot of stuff, but doesn't use a lot of it, so it gets discarded. Like how my brain discards how to properly spell many common words.

Oh yeah! About those site you found. I've found sites that say tha Bush planned the whole 9-11 attack so he could get the oil in Iraq. I also see sites that have a supposed cure for aids. Remember those obdominisers? Yeah, scientists said those were safe. Suddenly, they aren't! The web is the #1 place to find Bullsh-stuff.

I think there are psychics but my recent theory is that if there are real psychics out there then they wouldn't reveale themselves. I don't why I think that but I do... There were times when I could almost swear I was psychic, but I don't think so anymore. I just get a lot of those moments when something in your brain just tells you what's going to happen before it happens. It's like the knowledge is just there...*shrug* I'm pretty weird.

[color=orange][b]Hm, I think that psychic ability is real. I guess it comes from personal experience. Sometimes, I'll be able to tell what other people's thoughts are or I'll see something in a dream and it'll happen a few days later. I don't believe in talking to dead. They may talk to you, but you can't talk to them. That's just my theory. Ne, most people don't understand my theories anyways...And these people on TV...If they even have it (which I doubt they do), they're abusing it.[/color][/b]

I don't believe those psychic people on TV. But I do believe people can have psychic abilities. I haven't really experienced that kind of thing, but something did happen one time. I was asleep and when my alarm clock went off, I sat up and turned it off and when I did I just said, out of the blue "My teacher's dad is dead." I was like WHOA... Why did I just say that... My dad heard me too. I went to school and told my friend Shelby about it and she said "Oh my god... I overheard the teachers next door talking and our teacher's dad died early this morning at about 7:30." I freaked because that was the time that I woke up. I'm not sure if that was just coincidence, or if that was something... Most people thought I was lying but my friends believed me.

I consider myself a real psychic because I have had several dreams where an event takes place and it actually does, such as excactly what I get on a test, I had a dream that foresaw a war in the Middle East and one time I did have a dream that New York City was on fire about four or five months before 9/11. I can't control this, all I know about this ability is that I have had it since I nearly died when I was four 1/2 from anaphalactic (don't know how to spell that) shock.

But thoses so called "psychics" on TV like Ms. Cleo (before she disapeared) and that guy on crossing over are all fake. If anyone watches South Park you'll know how he really does it.

I can attmpt to explain this to those here who do not blelive this. Scientists have been able to figure out that the mind emits a slight frequency despite the persentage of the brain we use. Someone could use 100% of thier brain and they may or may not be psychic. Percentages do not matter what so ever in this. Well back to these frequencies. Some people, most likely those who have had near death experiences, tend to have stronger brain frequencies than the average joe. This could be casued by anything from the soul temporarily leaving the body giving it more strength so if it rejoins with the body it is a enhanced giving one psychic powers. These stronger frequenceis are more sensitive and can pick up other frequencies emmited by other people giving them the power to read minds. But control over these frequencies is so difficult it is seemily impossible. Now, seeing the future is caused when these frequencies are basically wild in sleep. They can pick up anything from future to past events in this wild and completley uncontrollable state. It may also simply be a gift given to us at birth so that we can attempt to better the world.

I only know this becasue I studied this in science class. You can beleive what you want but don't critisize those who belive in this or can do it, remember we are all different and each have unieque talents, no matter what they may be.

I do not believe in magic nor psycics. I believe in plain life where everybody does not have special powers. I mean come on how stupid does it sound when someebody yells "THAT GUY MOVED A SPOON WITH HIS BRAIN!". I don't see how it is possible or could be. I just don't believe that could happen.

Talking with the dead. The brain stops when the body dies, therefore I don't see how the brain could talk to the dead. Is it possible? I mean there is no way somebody talks to the dead like that it just doesn't appeal to me at all. I tdoesn't seem like it could happen.

There is my opinion.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Spikey [/i]
[B]I do not believe in magic nor psycics. I believe in plain life where everybody does not have special powers. I mean come on how stupid does it sound when someebody yells "THAT GUY MOVED A SPOON WITH HIS BRAIN!". I don't see how it is possible or could be. I just don't believe that could happen.

Talking with the dead. The brain stops when the body dies, therefore I don't see how the brain could talk to the dead. Is it possible? I mean there is no way somebody talks to the dead like that it just doesn't appeal to me at all. I tdoesn't seem like it could happen.

There is my opinion. [/B][/QUOTE]

The brain stops when the body dies yes, but the soul goes on, this is what communicates with people, not the minds of the dead. Now, always remember this, why not. You say it can't be done but why not. There is so much we don't know and probably won't until we die. The posibileteis are endless on what can be done. I am considered a psychic by many and I'll say this. It is not the brain that moves spoons and stuff like that, it is the will of the body as well. By looking at a spoon you can't move it. You have to become the spoon and move that way. This is how the frequencies of the mind work. Plus psychic powers range from foreseeing events in dreams to the very difficult to control telekinesis. Also know this, if you don't believe, you can't do it, doubt is a wall that obstructs the task so if you don't believe you can't possilbe do something such as bend a spoon. If you truely belevie you can do anything.

[size=1] I beleive in the fact that when we die, our body is decomposed and our spirits do not go to a happy place in the sky. Or Hell. But anyways, I really have no idea of how someone can read minds or bend spoons or look into the future. Some psychics claim that we only use 10% of our brain, and they 'tap' into the unused 90% of their brain. I think it's a load of bull.

I will never understand how someone can sau 'I bent a spoon by using my brain and becoming the spoon!' What, does the unused 90% send out invisible 'spirit rays' that force the spoon to bend? Or maybe that 90% makes the whole [i]world[/i] just so you can see a regular spoon that looks bent. How do you become the spoon? If you say that people could discover endless amounts of things when they die, how will they come back to earth and show us how to bend spoons?

I just don't beleive it. If people claim that you are a psychic, DetectiveMick, how do you explain reading minds and looking into the future? [/size]

Guest Crimson Spider
Well, DectectiveMike actually has a valid arguement.

Of course the soul goes on. Everyone knows that. They just don't want to admit it. There are many special cases, most christians by the way, of a person having a near death experience, or where they actually die. Then when they go to Paradise, they see old realitives, friends. Often times greeted by a mysterious figure. He says it is not their time, and simply sends them back. And then the people who get sent back have memories of this. Vivid memories. They explain how they had all this knowledge of what would happen, what things were, questions that know one could answer, like how a spider spins a web. Then when they went back, the felt all the knowledge leaving them. Well, most of it. They still have a little bit, and a memory. Then when they tell people about this, only other christians ever believe them.

Many scientists said that this was only a few occurances, and was simply a dillusinal state when they were dying/being revived. So they did a search for this. They got back thousands and thousands of results. Almost all christians. These people had no knowledge of the other people who went through this. And it has been happening for as far back as when America fought the british. Now, a few maybe, but thousands of accounts throughout history of the almost exact same thing? Each with almost no knowledge or contact with another person? I think not.

They tried to explain this by saying that when dying, the brain releases a chemical that causes a person to become dillusinal and see things, and it happens with all deaths and only those who ever said anything only said what I said above simply for their believes. Now, they have no clue what chemical does this, nor can find any trace of it. They have nothing to go on. As far as they say, it just happens, and left it at that.

Now, as for telling the future, the bible clearly does that. It was written over a thousand years ago, and is rediculessly accurate. But you said that you had a dream about 4 or 5 months before 9-11 with New York on fire. That is a long time. That dream could have just been a dream, and not forseeing anything. Heck, I bet I had a dream about huge city buildings being blown apart within a year of 9-11. That does not nessicarly mean that we are seeing the future. Also, when a lot of people try to predict the future with their claimed psychic powers, they say very vague stuff, and are often times wrong. Just because my spirit will tell me when something is up/wrong, doesn't mean I can predict the future.

Many peoples souls tell them stuff. Mine does. So does the rest of my family. Ever walk into a place, familiar or not, and something sending a chill up your spine is telling you to get the heck out or that something bad is going to happen, then it does? Yeah, that.

That "why not" thing is what I tell to people whenever they say that christianity is wrong and that there is no rules and such. They can't. They say: How is it possible? I say: How is it not? There is simply no way to explain many of the things that I have seen. Well, there is one way...

Now, the brain does have its own electircal signal with its own electircal signiture. Then again, so does an electric eel, ghost knife, and other electrical fish. Our brain, if it was actually brodcasting something other than just the presence of electricity being there, would only brodcast it at about 1 volt of electricity. A very powerful radio would't be able to pick that up right next to that persons head.

Something like bending a spoon. As Maladjusted said: How do you become a spoon? Your spirit isn't going to bend a piece of metal so you can lie to people. I bet some people who claim that can't bend the spoon with their hands, let alone their mind.

That "If you don't believe, you can't do" thing is also crap. There are many next to impossible things I have done that I swore I wouldn't be able to do, and yet I pull them off effortlessly. How? I do not know.

Reading another persons mind would be next to impossible, simply because although each brain has the same basic structure, it is alomst completely wired differently. A persons soul will not tell another one what the mind is thinking. They have pratically no contact with one-another. Why would one soul pick up anothers thoughs? Simply put, it wouldn't. How can you be sure that what you think they are thinking is actually what they are thinking? You can't. Lets say that you know the person. And you were succesfully able to tell what they were thinking by consulting them. Was is psychic power? No. You just know the person, so you probably can get a base idea on how they think. Besides, they could be thinking about many things at once. Lets say it is a total stranger. Chances are, they are not talking about what they are thinking right now, but what they thought from a certain only known to them time. If you said that I though about food, videogames, and going here, you would be right. Even If I didn't know it was you, because you probably could easily picture that from many things, that is still a very basic and general prediction. Like I thought about Pokemon today, and that is a video game, so I though about a video game. If I was hungry today, or if my stomach simply isn't full right now, that would mean that I though about food, or was thinking about food. Since I am a member here, I abviously have thought about popping in and saying hello. Not so tough for the average joe, eh?

About predicting the future. If your soul is in a wild sleep, then it is asleep! It is not really doing anything. Why would you randomly be told something about the future, past, or very near present for no apparent reason?

If you look at it in the bible, everything that was going to happen was set in stone 2000 years ago. Not written, but planned out. And since God told his children to write the bible, with rediculessly accurate predictions, there is no need to be told what is going to happen in the future, or near present. The past? Memory. I've heard about things in the past such as pirates, the war between Britian and the 13 colonies to soon become America, and other stuff not coming to mind right now. I had basically only a few lines of text, word of mouth, and maybe an old picture or two (Possibly not even that) to go on. I could vividly picture what it was really like, down to how they acted, which was not nearly like the movie stereotype, how they talked, and the magnetude of many things. Then when I finally saw actually documentaries of pictures, descriptions, and actual diaries written by them, I found that what I though back then was fairly accurate. Was my soul telling me about the past? Of course not! I was just smart enough and had a vivid enough imagination to picture what it was like. Now, I had a pretty good base idea, but some of that was wrong. Maybe a good, solid detail, but that was it! Sure, it may seem like I knew a whole lot, but actually I knew a whole lot less! You saw New York on fire. But you didn't see a plane crash into 2 very large identicle buildings. There was actually little fire in those wrecks.

A persons sould leaving their body will not strengthen it. A persons spirit maybe stronger, but not everyone has a spirit, so it would make some people impossible to read the mind of if going by that. A persons sould is set in stone from the second that it ever exists. It never really gets stronger, or weaker, or changes. In fact, they are all pretty much the same strength.

You know what, how about I make a prediction? I predict that since now I have brought the Bible into this, that people are going to shift from the main topic, and get personal and start to discuss stuff about christianity, saying stuff like how it is just about a person having psychic power and trying to explain why. Then a moderator will say that this shouldn't be another "Debate Religion" topic, and that they will close it down if we don't get realivant.

Now, I bet you probably could see that happening too. Know why? Because it is simply common sense! Any blow-joe could see that coming a mile away.

I am currently thinking that even though I have posted that, and that it my persuade many to not say their opinions just because I decided to say it out loud, I think that many are still going to do exactly what I said, regardless of what I'm writing even now!

Of course, if the prediction I just made is ever completely accurate for about 3 or so posts, doesn't mean I have psychic powers. I mean, so what if the generality of what they said is likely to happen. So what if it does? Doesn't make them psychic.

P.S.

You know what? That is probably the longest post I have ever put on these boards without cutting and pasting anything from a different site.

When an organ of the body is not used, it decreases in size and eventually disappears. Now that we do not eat grass anymore, our appendix shrinks to a useless little blob, and in a few more hundred years it will be gone entirely. There is no point wasting precious nutrients, proteins and energy building and maintaining a useless structure so it evolves out.

If whatever large percentage of our brains people so often claim is being unused really were redundant, it too would become small useless and vestigial, like our appendices or our tails.

Human brains are getting bigger.

This means not only is it all in use, but we have more use for it than we can really get at this stage.

And as for whether psychics exist, well, it's impossible to say. OK so Uri Geller can do things that scientists can't explain. So what? So can an acorn. So can every cell in your body (example: how do the centrioles not only migrate at the proper times, but also know the appropriate orientation? no-one knows.)

If psychic powers are real, as they may well be, there are explicable reasons for them. Just not ones we know now. We do not live in a world of magic (sadly!) and there is an explanation for everything that happens, even if we cannot see it.

They may well exist, but not at a level common or powerful enough to make a real difference to our lives. If being psychic affords an individual great advantages, we may see it being selected for, and it will become more common. I hope it will, as I would like to know the science behind it, it could explain a lot about what we don't know about Neuroscience.

As for the soul, I don't think it's true to say that 'everyone knows that' . _I_ don't know that. I see no reason to believe that. I hope it IS, but I can't know that.

On an interesting side note, Dr.Crick ( I think it was him, it might have been Watson) claims recently to have isolated the section of the brain responsible for sentience. The Soul? Could be. But if he's right, what does that mean? The soul being a small part of the brain, and the gene for it being selectable, transplantable?