OtakuBoards

Yu-Gi-Oh:Rising to the top

SS3Vahn

"Thanks, Seth." Hiro said. He pulled out his deck and slipped the card in.

Kaiba wheeled around in his chair to face them. He had his eyes closed and his arms crossed. A confident smile crossed his face as he slowly opened his eyes.

"I presume you wish to duel me, eh?" He said, still keeping that confident smile.

"I underestimated your intelligence, rich boy." Hiro replied. His hatred for Kaiba was clear in his eyes and his tone as he spoke to him. "But yes, I came to beat you. You'll soon pay for what you did, you monster."

Seth was stunned. In all the time he had known Hiro, he never saw him angry or heard him talk like that. 'Man, what did Kaiba do to make Hiro so angry?'

The smile faded from Seto's face and soon became a frown. "You dare to mock me? Fine. I accept your duel. YOU'LL be the one to pay for even coming up here!"

"Yea, we'll see..." Hiro said, and then activated his duel disk.

"Duel!" They both shouted.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Yugi was coming closer to the 47th floor. He sat there calmly with his eyes closed and arms crossed, waiting to arrive and face whoever was causing this. The elevator then stopped while on the 26th floor. Yugi opened his eyes and saw who was coming through the door. He was rather shocked to see that it was Otogi, breathing very heavily and leaning on the doorway.

"Yugi...*huff*...there...*huff*...you...*huff*...are..." He said, looking up at him.

"Otogi, what are you doing here?" Yugi asked him. He helped him into the elevator and pushed '47' again.

"Nothing gets....by me..." He said, still trying to catch his breath.

"Oh, so you saw me running off, huh? Well, I got this strange feeling that Kaiba's in trouble, so I decided to check it out." Yugi said.

"Yea....I brought my duel disk though, so I can help in a duel, too!" Otogi said rather cheerfully.

"Good, I could use your help in a duel. Well, thanks for helping me out." Yugi said, closing his eyes again.

Suddenly, Otogi and Yugi shook back and forth for a few moments, both falling down, and then felt the elevator stop.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Serena stepped back a little as the duel started. Why was hiro so mad at kaiba? She could tell Seth was asking himself the same thing, but seth kept his dignified face on to try and hide his confusion.

Serena heard a noise and looked back. Seths eyes looked where she was looking too.

"i'll be right back ok? i'm gunna make sure no one interrupts this duel."

Seth turned to her. "how are you going to do that? you don't have a duel disk."

serena looked down. "Oh yeah." [i] Darn [/i]

"What the hell was that?!" Otogi exclaimed. He got up and dusted himself off, then went over to help Yugi up.

"Oh no....the elevator stopped. If we can get out, we can walk the rest of the way." Yugi told Otogi. He looked over at him and saw a look of disappointment and anguish on his face. Yugi knew that he really didn't want to walk some more steps. "Aww come on, it's only 10 more floors. You can make it."

They pushed the 'open' button on the panel and waited. At first nothing happened, but after about 10 seconds the door slowly made its way open. Although it only opened halfway, Yugi and Otogi squeezed their way through. They then started climbing the stairs, Yugi taking 2 at a time, then stopping at the top for Otogi, who could barely make it up the stairs at all. Yugi grew impatient and made Otogi keep up with his pace.

It took them about 15 seconds to make it to the 47th floor. When they reached the top, they both hurried down the hall to Kaiba's office. Otogi opened the door and ran in, but bumped into Serena, who was also heading out, and fell down. Serena was knocked back a few steps, but regained balance and looked down at Otogi.

Hiro turned his head and saw Yugi standing there with a big look of confusion on his face. "H-Hiro?!" Yugi exclaimed, feeling really faint.

"Yugi, what do you want?! Whatever it is, I don't have time for it! Just get out of my way, Yugi. I have no problem with you. It's just this dirtbag over here...." Hiro pointed at Kaiba. "...that's my problem."

Seto gritted his teeth and clenched a fist. "Just shut up and duel. Since I'm such a nice guy, I'll let you go first!"

"Wait, Hiro. Please reconsider. I don't know what problems you have with Kaiba, but he's my friend and I won't let you do this to him. If you wish to duel him, you'll have to deal with me." Yugi said closing his eyes. He walked up beside Kaiba and turned on his duel disk.

"I've got a better idea." Seth spoke up. He walked beside Hiro and activated his duel disk. "How about a tag team match? Hiro and I against you two."

"Fine by me. You'll still lose nevertheless." Kaiba said.

Hiro looked down. "Fine." he said. "Seth, could you take Yugi? I can take Seto."

"Sure." Seth replied.

"Just shut up and duel!" Kaiba said.

"First we need to lay out the rules," Seth said calmly. He didn't have anything to loose or gain by this match, so it was sure to be fun.

"Each player has 4000 life points. The tag teams must eliminate both players completely to declare victory. Each team has five monster slots and five magic card slots, so they have to plan their use of them. We'll alternate our turns: First Yugi goes, then I go, then Kaiba goes, then Hiro."

Seth activated his duel disk. "No one can attack until all players have had a turn, and any card that effects an opponent, like Mirror Force or Swords of Revealing Light, effects both opposing players. Finally, you can't control a teammate's monster unless you use a magic card that allows you to. Understand?"

Yugi nodded. "It seems simple enough. Kaiba, will you work with me this time?"

Kaiba sneered. "I don't need help, but if I have to keep you in the game, I might bail you out."

"I'm in," Hiro said impatiently. "Let's go!"

"Hold on, hotshot," Seth said. "Fools rush in where angels fear to tread. But don't worry; my deck has tons of angels."

"Very well," Yugi said. "I draw..."

Serena helped Otogi up. "hi I'm serena."

"And I'm Otogi, creater of Dungeon dice monsters."

"OOO, I heard about those! Aren't you the guy who was completely defeated by-"

otogi interrupted her. "yeah, Yeah." he waved his hand at her. "but it was pure luck."

"mmhmm, sure."

Otogi stuck his tounge out at her then turned to the duel. serena crossed her arms and turned her attention partly to the duel as well.

"Jerk."

"loser"

"Look who's talking"

they became entangled in thier argument again.

"I'll set one monster in defense mode and end my turn." Yugi said. He laid the card on the duel disk and watched as the hologram image appeared on the field in front of him.

"Ok. Seth, allow me to make the first move." Hiro said, drawing his card. 'Man, what a crappy hand.' he thought to himself. He took two cards from his hand and placed them on the duel disk. "I'll summon Gear Fried the Iron Knight in attack mode and set one card. Your move, Kaiba."

Everyone watched as the black knight arose from the hologram card on the field. It floated in the air for a second, and then came down in front of Hiro (1800/1600). The set card appeared behind the Gear Fried.

Kaiba smirked. "What a pathetic first move. I draw." he said drawing his card. "I'll set a monster and two other cards."

The face down cards appeared on the field.

"Your turn, but before you draw, I'd like to make this duel more...exciting." He said with a twisted smile.

"What are you getting at?" Hiro asked. 'It may be risky, but it does sound pretty intriguing...'

"Well, this duel is pretty meaningless, wouldn't you agree? So you want to beat me. Is that your so called 'revenge'? I just want to put some high risks in it." Kaiba replied.

"So, what did you have in mind?" Hiro asked again, growing more and more curious about what he had planned.

Kaiba walked over to his desk and pulled out 4 little bug-like devices. He pushed the buttons on each of them, and the numbers 20:00 appeared on each of them. After messing with a few more buttons, he threw one to Yugi, Seth, and Hiro. "Put them on your duel disks." He said, and then put the one he had on his disk. The rest did the same. "These are hai-pai grenades, or time bombs, as Americans call them. You place them on something, and when the timer hits zero, BAM, your blown to hell and back. But the way I've just set them up, when any of our duel disks' life point monitor hits zero, it too will set them off. Now, all of you place the import switch on the bottom part of your duel disks in the port on the grenade."

"Kaiba, do you know what you're doing? You're risking your life on this duel. I wouldn't underestimate Hiro or Seth if I were you. It wouldn't be wise to challenge them like this." Yugi warned Kaiba, a tone of concern in his voice.

"Don't worry about us, Yugi. Let's just finish this duel. You haven't seen what I've prepared for these fools...and once I'm done with them, you're next! All three of you are going to die today, and there's nothing you can say or do to stop me!" He said, laughing a very evil laugh. He pulled out a remote and pushed a button on it. "The timer has started, let the real fun begin!!"

"Seth, if you want to back down now, that's fine...I wouldn't blame you. If I were you, or I didn't have a grudge against Kaiba, I would've backed down. But I do appreciate that you came this far with me. And if we make it out of this alive, let's make a vow to not face each other until the finals. So what do ya say? Partners?" Hiro said with a slight grin on his face, holding his hand out toward Seth.

Seth grinned. "So, if I loose, I'll be hospitalized, possibly killed..."

"This is the extreme challenge I've been waiting for! I'm in!"

He hooked the grenade to his Duel disk. "Let's rock! I draw..."

He examined his cards; he had a nice opening hand, but he wasn't going to blindly rush in.

"I place two cards face down," he said. "And..." He stopped. He had wanted to set his Thunder Nyan Nyan, but he'd forgotten that his and Hiro's fields were the same. Gearfried was on the field, and Gearfried wasn't a Light type; if he summened the Nyan nYan, she'd be destroyed.

"Actually, I'll hold this card in reserve," he said. "Instead, I summon the Reflect Bounder in attack mode!"

The mirrored robot appeared on the field. "If you attack it, you'll be hit with the full force of your attack, while I'll only loose the difference in the the monsters' attack."

Seth grinned. "Bring it on, tough guy."

Serena began to freak out. "hey? if those things go off will it-"

Otogi finished her sentence. "Your gunna kill us!!!"

"No fools." Kaiba hissed. "it will only kill those who have them strapped to thier duel disk."

"Be careful Seth and hiro. Please don't lose."

"Go Yugi. You can make it."

otogi and serena looked at each other.

"No way yugi has to win!"

"Wanna bet? hiro and Seth are the best duelist i know they'll 'blow' Yugi and kaiba away."

"we'll just see about that."

"Your on!"

• 3 months later...
OOC: Here I thought I was the only one who remembered this RPG. ^^;

IC:

Seth studied his options. He had two opponents, Kaiba and Yugi. Yugi was the Duelist Kingdom champ, but Kaiba was the former world champ...niether was noticably stronger than the other...

However, Kaiba obviously didn't like working with Yugi. He probably had no intention of cooperating.

Perfect.

Seth grinned; his strategy was clear. All he had to do was keep the pressure on Yugi, and Kaiba wouldn't help him. Then, by the time Kaiba realized he had to work together to win, it would be too late. Yugi would be out of the game, and Seth and Hiro could take turns slapping Kaiba around.. Victory!

ooc: I'm glad you did. I was scared no one would notice it.

IC:

Otogi and Serena kept thier own fight going as they had a normal conversation.

"So do you think Kaiba's really serious about this?" Serena said nervously.

Otogi uncrossed his arms. "Knowing Kaiba he is, I can't believe he would pull yugi into a battle like this."

Serena put her hand on her hip. "Seth and hiro are knuckleheads for going through with this but I shouldn't be worried they are the two best duelist I know."

"Oh yeah? You just whatch!"

"I'm watchin' and I know they'll win"

"Will not!"

"Will too!"

Otogi and Serena growled at each other and glared face to face.

"So wanna get a soda or something afterward?" Otogi asked.

Serena fell over anime style. "Did you just ask me on a date?"

Otogi nodded.

"oh boy..."