OtakuBoards

Yu-Gi-Oh:Rising to the top

SS3Vahn

As Seth was out walking, he ran across Serena and Dereck.

"Heyo, Serena," Seth said happily. "How ya' doin'? I hope you're at the tournament; I'll be in prime form."

He saw Dereck. "Oh, Im' sorry; where are my manners. I'm Seth Niteshade. Remember my name; you'll be hearing it later."

He offered his hand. "Serena, is this guy a friend of yours?"

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Rio was at home sitting on his bed. He had his whole deck spread out nicely, Monster on one side, magics on the other, and his Trap cards inbetween. He was holding his favorate card in his hand, it was also his most powerful monster. Rio loved this card, and would never let anything happen to it. It was one of the most powerful non-Fusion/non-Ritual cards around. It was a perfect fit to his deck, which seemed to have nothing really important missing.
RIO COULD NOT WAIT FOR THE TOURNAMENT TO START.
[b]HE HOPED IT WOULD START SOON[/b];)

Seth shook his head. "Sir, you've got quite the attitude problem. I was just being polite. I find it hard to believe that a nice girl like Serena would hang out with a guy as rude as you."

He turned to Serena. "You should probably tell him that dueling me is a bad idea. On the other hand, if this guy's being a jerk to you, I'd be happy to scrub the ffloor with whatever monsters he can produce."

Serena smiled. [i] now my chance to dump him off [/i]

"You think you can beat me? Come on Serena lets go this guys pissing me off."

"No! I don't want to.' Serena took seths arm. "i'd rather hang out with seth he's nicer."

dereck fumed. "Fine i'll duel for you!"

seth shook his head. "excuse me sir but a nice young lady is not a possesion to duel for. but i will defeat you for your lack of manners."

Dereck pulled out his dueling disk. "Fine!"

Seth activated his Duel Disk.

"Alright, here are the terms," he said. "After I finish soundly thrashing you, you leave Serena alone. But, on the off-chance I should suddenly die right here, which is the only possible way I'd ever loose to a jerk like you, then Serena will have to suffer through the evening with you. Are those terms acceptible?"

"Yeah, whatever," Dereck snapped. "Shut up and play, dweeb!"

Seth sighed. "Don't worry, Serena," he said. "If I can't beat this cretien, I'll eat my duel disk. I'm going to spank him so badly he won't be able to tie his shoes, much less bother you."

He drew a card. "I place one card face down, and play one monster in defense mode, and end my turn."

Seth turned to Serena for a second. "Oh, I'll have to ask that you not tell Hiro any of the cards I play or moves I make; I'd like to keep the element of suprise."

He turned back. "Your move, tough guy."

Serena nodded. "fine, your secrets safe with me."

Dereck drew his cards and looked down at them. he frowned at his selection but recoved.

"fine! I put Magical ghost in attack mode and i attack your face down card!"

1300/1400

Seth smirked. "your cards are so weak."

The magical ghosts attack did nothing to the face down card wich was finally shown.

"No way!" Dereck shouted.

Serena stared open mouth at the monster "oh wow."

"There! Finished!" Said Rio. He had just modified his deck, taking cards out and putting some in, and figuring out some new combos.
He laid back on his bed. [i]Now[/i] He thought. [i]I need something to do[/i] His house was empty. His dad lived elsewhere, and his mom worked most the day. There wasn't much that interested him here, he beaten all his GameCube and PS2 games this summer and couldn't come up with a $50 to get a new game. He put on his Duel Disk and put his deck in it. He locked the door and went out.

Rio was walking around his friend's nieborghood.
Rio looked around and saw....Seth and Serena! Rio really had no problem with Seth like Hiro and Zach seemed to, but Rio never talked to him.

"Hey Serena!" Said Rio "Looks like I never get to Duel, but just watch..." Rio smiled at her and started to watch the Duel.

Seth smiled. "Well, I guess you see the Light...my face-down monster was the Forgiving Maiden. She has a super-high defense." (850/2000)

The nun smiled as Seth continued. "Because her defense is so much higher than your monster's attack, you loose 700 life points."

(S:4000, D:3300)

Dereck wasn't happy. "Now way!"

"Way, drop-out," Seth snapped. "You're going to find out what happens to people who harass my friends! It's my turn!"

Seth drew a card and smiled. "I play Polymeroization! With this powerful magic, i fuse my Maiden on the field with one of the monsters in my hand, Marie the Fallen One."

There was a bright light as the fusion took place. When it was done, a towering yet elegant warrior woman stood on the field. She had a holy radience about her.

"This is Saint Joan," Seth said. "She's one of the most powerful monsters in the game! And I'm going to use her to teach you a lesson you won't forget!" (SJ: 2800/2000)

Dereck stepped back. "No freakin' way......."

"I play the field magic card, Luminous Spark!" Seth sneered. "It raises my warrior angel to 3300 attack points. However, I respect my cards. I have way too much pride and faith in Saint Joan to have her soil herself in a battle against a jerk like you. So, I activate my face-down card: Destruction Ring!"

A ring of flame rose from Seth's trap card. It engulfed St. Joan, and she disappeared, smiling to Seth.

"You destroyed your own monster?" Dereck asked.

"Yes, but not for nothing. Her noble sacrifice will wipe you out in one turn. Destruction Ring not only destroys a monster, it subtracts that monster's attack from both of our scores. Isn't it convinient, then, that you only have 3300 life points left? Hey, isn't that exactly the same as Joan's boosted attack?"

Dereck watched his LP gauge with shock. "No way! I'm down to zero!"

Seth deactivated his duel disk and stood next to Serena.

"You lost, creep. Now stay away from Serena."

[COLOR=darkblue][i]I grinned as I pulled out my next card.[/i]

"I play Pot of Greed and draw 2 more cards..Oh lookie here, also I play Raigeki and destroy all three of your monsters and now I play Monster Reborn and revive my Buster Blader and now I attack you directly for 2600."

Me: 700/ Hiro: 1300

[i]I watched with intent eyes as Hiro drew his next card and smirked. Now I was getting worried.[/i]

"I'll set this face down and end my turn." [i]He said with confidence, I had to destroy that monster but I didn't trust that card at all I mean for all I knew it could be a Cyber Jar in wait but it could aslo be a bluff all I knew was it was in my way of his life points. I drew my next card and practically fell out of my seat.[/i]

"I summon my Gemini Elf and I now attack your face down monster with them."

"Heheh, you activated my Cyber Jar."

"Dammit I knew it had to be one of those." [i]I cursed as I sent my two monsters to the graveyard, Hiro showed me his cards first.[/i][/COLOR]

Hiro showed Aidian his cards: Sinister Serpent, Fusion Sword Mursame Blade, Warrior Dai Grayfar, Gilford the Lightning, and Wreckage Detonation. He added the cards to his hand and waited for Aidian to show him his cards.

"Is it my turn yet" Hiro asked putting the Sinister Serpent in defense mode and Dai Grayfar in attack.

Serena smiled [i] yes! [/i]

Dereck scowled "Fine! I'll leave her alone for now. Bye serena!"

Serena smiled sweetly and waved her good bye. Rio laughed. Dereck started to walk away but stopped and turned to Seth.

"I'll get you in the tornament."

Seth smirked. "Why waste yours...and my time?"

Dereck spit on the ground and stalked off. Serena turned to Rio.

"Ok seth told me not to tell Hiro the monstrs he just played. Can you promise not to as well?"

Seth shook his head. "Jerk..." he muttered. "I can't believe that a nice girl like you can get messed up with a loser like him. If he bother you again, you can tell me, okay?"

Seth blushed slightly. "It's kinda' late. Do you need someone to walk you home?"

serena smiled and nodded. "sure. See ya around Rio!" Serena waved to Rio and took seths arm.

"Yea sure. See ya." rio said putting his hands into his pockets and walking off.

Serena pointed. "my house is down that way. just a few blocks."

they started to walk off. Serena felt she needed to start conversation. "So what do you have against Hiro?" she asked.

Seth shook his head. "No, you have it all wrong. I don't have anything against Hiro."

"Wait," Serena said. "Then why did you...?"

"See," Seth explained. "It's a matter of pride. Hiro beat me before, when I was a rookie player. Now that I'm a hot commidity, I have a reputation to maintain. So, part of that rep means that I can't be defeated. So, obviously, I have to defeat Hiro and keep my reputation intact. It's just a matter of business."

"Oh..." Serena said looking up at the sky.

"Well this is my house." Serena said stopping. "Uh..so um, bye."

seth smiled. "So i'll be seeing you at the Tournament?"

serena nodded. "Yeah, sure."

Seth turned and walked away waving. "See ya there."

Serena smiled. "Bye" She turned and walked into the house and shut the door.

[COLOR=darkblue][i]It was getting late and I knew this tournament would be coming up and I didn't want Hiro to know my entire deck theme. I placed my hand on top of my deck and grinned as he looked at me with a put out wince.[/i]

"What are you surrendering for?" [i]He asked a litte indignant[/i]

"I don't want you to see my entire deck theme. I'll save it for when we go against each other at the tournament, heh." [i]I smirked as a picked up my deck and stuck it back into my deck carrying case.[/i]

"It was great getting to see you today Hiro. Um you know where I can get a duel disk system like yours?" [i]I asked with a little jump of happiness in my voice[/i]

"Yugi's shop will be renting or selling them for the tournament, I sugguest you get there early so you can get one of the really good models." [i]He said grinning, and with that we shook hands and my dad and I got back into the car and drove off to the hotel. I sat up in the hotel room looking out the window while I sifted through my deck and added a few more tricks. Hiro and whoever else wouldn't know what hit them, heheheheh.[/i][/COLOR]

Hiro layed back on his bed and sighed. 'Yugi said the winner would recieve a special prize. I wonder what it'll be. It could be money, cards, or whatever. I could use some money right now to buy the new upgrade for my duel disk.'

Hiro sat up and reached over and grabbed his clock. He set it to go off at 5:30 AM. He then went downstairs and grabbed an apple. He bit into it and walked into the living room.

"Oh, so you're finally eating something healthy." His mom said with a smile on her face. "Yep. Well, I'm going to bed. I've gotta get up early and get to Yugi's so I can prepare for his tournament." Hiro said biting into the apple.

"But it's only 10:00. You usually don't go to bed until about 3:00. Oh well, I guess I'll never understand you." she said getting up and giving him a kiss on the forehead.

"Mom! Stop that!" Hiro said wiping off his forehead. His mom started smiling and forced him onto the groud and started kissing him on the forehead. "MOOMMM!!! STOP!!!" Hiro said squirming trying to get out of her grip. :mad:

Hiro's mom started laughing as she got off of him. "I'm sorry. I know you hate that. All I've got to say is that you'd better embarass me in public again or I'll do that in front all of your friends. Good night." She said still chuckling.

"See ya tomorrow. I'll proly be at the tournament tomorrow when you wake up, so I'll be back at about 5:00. It starts at like 10:00 and we're expecting a lot of people to show up." Hiro said, finishing up his apple and throwing it away.

"Well good luck. Have fun." his mom said turning on the tv and flipping through the channels.

Hiro went upstairs, took off his shirt, and got in his bed. He turned and looked out his window, then sighed. It was starting to rain. He shook his head and layed back on his bed. He turned his back on his window and slowly fell asleep.

Around 3:15 in the morning, it was storming heavily. A huge bolt of lightning came out of the sky and hit the power lines near their house. At this time, Hiro's mother was watching tv and talking on the phone with her mother. Then all of the power in their house went off.

Hiro's mother looked around and sighed. "Figures." She said under her breath hanging up the phone. "Oh, well, it's probably down for a minute." She layed down on the couch and accidentaly fell asleep. :sleep:

It was around 2:00 in the morning and Rio was on the computer like he was on every night. He was usually on a really cool message board;)
He turned off his computer. He was glad that tonight he was going to bed two hours early. Rio set his alarm for 9:00. He laid in bed but couldn't sleep. It was like Christmas Eve night or something, he was ready to Duel. But the soft sound of rain (like his real home in the US) made him fall alseep

Seth sighed as he removed St. Joan from his dueling deck.

"Sorry to do this, SJ, but Rio's a duelist, and he saw you. I can't leave myself open to attack like that. I'm afraid I'll have to replace you with another card."

"I didn't really want to duel yet, but it was worth it to help out Serena. I'll use you at the next tournament; promise."

Hiro sat up.

'Wha? What time is it?' He thought looking at his alarm clock. He frowned when he saw that it displayed no numbers. "Dammit!" He said jumping out of his bed.

He ran downstarirs and saw that his mother was asleep on the couch. "Man...what time is it?" He whispered to himself while walking into the kitchen.

The clock displayed 3:13.

"Oh crap!" He said running back upstarirs. He picked up the phone and turned it on. He listened but there was no dial tone. 'Electricity must've knocked out the power last night! I'd better hurry!'

He went into his dresser, picked out his clothes, and hopped in the shower. When he was done he got out, out his clothes on, and fixed his hair. He was wearing his school uniform, which consisted of a white T-shirt with a light blue jacked over, light blue dress pants, and white socks.

Hiro slipped on his duel disk and grabbed his deck box. He tucked his shirt in and put on his belt. Then he put his deck box in his pocket and went downstairs.

'Well, I'd better get going. Even if I'm late for the tournament I can still see some great duels.' He thought going out the front door. He walked for the first few blocks, and then picked up the pace as he got closer to Yugi's shop. On his way, he saw someone coming out of a doughnut shop.

"Uum, excuse me sir, but do you know what time it is?" Hiro asked him. The man lifted his watch and said, "9:45. By the way, what're all of you children doing up so early. When I was your age, I wouldn't wake up 'til near noon."

"Thanks. Bye!" Hiro said running down the street. 'Man, it's about to start! I hope everyone's here!' He thought as he turned the corner. His jaw nearly hit the floor when he saw Yugi's shop. Hundreds and hundreds of people were standing in front of his shop, all probably trying to sign up.

"Yes! Now let's have some fun!" Hiro said, running to the crowd.

Seth was already at Yugi's shop. He glanced around the crowd and sighed.

"Nope; no one here looks like a challenge. I'm gonna' end up sleeping through this thing. It's a pity; I wanted a more challenging path to the top..."

He saw Hiro running into the crowd. "Well, looks like there's at least one challenger around here. I guess it won't be all bad. I might actually loose some life points. Good luck, Hiro; you'll need it."

Serena Had gotten up early that morning and dressed into her favorite out fit. She looked at herself in the mirror. Her outfit consited of a cute pink skirt and a white shirt that showed her belly with the word "Cutie" written across in pink letters. Serena pulled her hair up into a ponytail then fished around in her closet for her matching pink purse.

serena got a ride with er dad to the tornament where she was dropped off. Serena looked around for any familar faces and then she saw Hiro.

"Hey, Hiro!" She waved her arms to get his attention then ran over to him.

Rio was so ready for this.
He had already signed up and was outside Yugi's shop. Rio was leaning against the wall with one foot against it. He had his arms crossed, his Duel Disk on, and his deck in it. Rio watched all the other Duelist eager to sign up. He watched though his brown hair that covered his eyes.
He was wearing a blue hooded sweat-shirt that had a zipper down the middle, revealing a stripped blue and white shirt. His sleeves were rolled up past his elbows and he wore jeans.
Rio smiled evily. [i]This is gonna be easy[/i] thought Rio. [i]Soo many young, stupid duelist out there.[/i] Rio paused. [i]Man, I'm kinda rude, where did that come from?[/i]
Rio looked up again and saw Hiro running in the store and Serena soon after that. Rio decided to stay outside.