OtakuBoards

Yu-Gi-Oh:Rising to the top

SS3Vahn

Serena sighed.

Serena; will this battle ever end!

Rio smiled. He was happy that the battle hadn't ended yet.

Hiro smirked.

hiro: alright but you asked for it.

Hiro stepped back up to the platform and turned his dueling disk back on. He pulled out a card and looked at it.

Hiro: i have the perfect card.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hiro slid the card onto the duel disk nervously. 'Man...I thought I had him...well, I hope this will work.'

"OK, Seth, I'm ready." Hiro said. "The card I chose was the Magician of Blach Chaos!"

He flipped the card face-up and watched as a pale blue creature with long black hair and carrying a large black rod appeared on the field.

'Please don't fail me...' Hiro thought. He wasn't scared of losing, but he'd never lost a duel before and had never actually experienced losing.

"Aww, man! The Magician of Black Chaos! Where'd he get such a rare and powerful card?" Rio asked Serena. "I don't know...I think he got it from his father. After all, his father taught him everything he knows about dueling." Serena replied.

"Well, Seth, flip your monster face up." Hiro said.

Seth examined the Magician's stats. "Aw, man, you have got to be frickin' kidding me!" he snapped.

"The card I choose was the Twin Headed Thunder Dragon," he said, sighing. He flipped it over, and a large red dragon-like creature with two mouths and a long horn appeared.

"He has...ugh...2800 attack power. According to the rules of the Last Turn card, if the monsters have an equal attack strength....it results in....a draw!"

"Well, Seth, it seems that this duel is a draw. Dang, if I would've known we could pull monsters from our fusion deck, I would've beat you with...nevermind" Hiro said with disappointment. "Now I know how to get past that Last Turn card. Well, thanks for the duel! I had fun. I guess I'll see you at Yugi Motou's tournament this weekend, huh. We all meet at his grandpa's store at 10:00 on Saturday. Well, see ya there Seth!"

Hiro walked off with Serena, Rio, and Zach.

Seth frowned. "A draw? Man,I could have taken a spectacular defeat, you know, going out in a blaze of glory...but a draw?! It's impossible!"

He examined his deck. "Well, I'm going to radically alter my deck, Hiro. Next time the two of us cross paths, I'm going to wipe you out!"

He left as quickly as he'd come.

"Man, he takes dueling too seriously...can't he learn to just have fun?" Serena asked, frowning. "Well, dueling can be pretty serious sometimes.." Rio answered.

Hiro was looking down at the ground while they were talking. 'Man, Seth almost beat me a lot of times in our duel...He IS getting better. I'd better be careful at Yugi's tournament.'

A few drops of rain started to fall on them while they were walking.

"Oh, no! I was hoping to get home before the rain came....now my hair's gonna get wet!" Serena complained.

Hiro smiled and laughed to himself. He was glad he had his friends with him. He had even made a new friend, Rio. 'I hope Rio's entering Yugi's tournament. I wanna see how good he is.' He thought to himself. 'A lot of good duelists are supposed to be entering. Yugi even told me that Seto Kaiba himself is gonna be there. And if I'm gonna do good in it, I'd better start rebuilding my deck.'

Hiro looked over at the rest of the gang. "Hey I'll see you guys later. I've gotta go over to a friend of mine's" Hiro said, wiping the wet hair off of his forehead. "OK, we'll see ya!" Rio said.

Hiro ran off down the street and took the first left. He hurried down that block until he came to a game store. He opened the door and heard the familiar chime of when customers come in. He walked up to the counter and said, "Hello Mr. Mutou, is Yugi here?"

Seth was alone in his room, pouring over his card collection.

"I've got to improve my deck," he muttered. "I've got to beat Hiro, and Kaiba, and Yugi. I've got to be champ. I've worked hard. I've earned it!"

Sighing, he pulled out his cell phone. "Hello, Ms. Masaki," he said. "Is Ki there?" Ki was a classmate of Seth's who was usually good for card combo ideas. Seth often asked him for advice.

"I'm sorry," his mom answered. "But Ki's got the flu. He's been laid up for three days."

"Oh, okay," Seth said. "Tell him I said hi."

Seth hung up the phone and examined it. Its case had a stylized yin-yang design on it.

"On the other hand...maybe I don't need Ki's advice after all....I've got just the strategy to wipe Hiro out! I'll own that tournament!"

"Yugi's upstairs in his bedroom. Would you like for me to get him?" Yugi's Grandpa asked Hiro. "Yes, but, umm.. first can you get me three packs of cards?" Hiro replied. "Sure! You want our newest set? We just got it in today." Grandpa said cheerfully.

"Sure." Hiro said. He grabbed the packs, put the money on the table and sat down in a chair near the entrance. Yugi's Grandpa put the money in the cash register and went upstairs.

"I wonder what cards are in these packs" Hiro said to himself as he opened one of them.

Nothing special.

"Nothin in here to help me out. Oh well, 2 more left." He said opening the next pack.

Again, nothing of importance.

"Man, thats 2 in a row. OK, last one. Here I go!" He opened the pack. As he was scrolling through the cards, he noticed that every card in there would help him with his deck.

"Hey, this must be my lucky day!" He smiled and put the cards he got in his pocket. 'I'll have Yugi help me with my deck. And then I'll put my new cards in. When the tournament comes, I'll be ready for Seth.'

"...And with that, your Life Points drop to zero," Seth laughed. "Game over, kiddo."

The kid stood there gasping. "I can't believe it...my deck...you must have cheated! There was no way you could have beaten me so quickly! It's impossible!"

"But I did," Seth grinned. "Don't let it get you down. You're the fourth victem of my new deck today. I've been going through every duelist in this comic shop."

"Well," the kid sighed. "I guess you want my rarest card." He produced a Gia, The Fierce Knight.

"Not at all, kid," Seth said. "What do I need it for? My new deck's already unbeatable. You just get the satisfaction of knowing that the guy who beat you down was Seth Niteshade, future Duel Monsters champion. Have a nice day."

Seth turned to the remaining duelists in the shop.

"Next!"

Serena went home as well after Hiro. She sat on her bed and then fell back.

Serena looked over at her alarm clock. It was purple with blue numbers. A girly clock indeed. Serena sighed. Now she was bored. She sat up and turned her headphones on slipping them ovr her head. She leaned up against her pillow and pulled her diary out of it's hiding spot.

[i] Dear Diary,

Today was an asome day! Let me tell you about it. I ran into Hiro after I was picked on by those idiots again. He was looking for Zack who was battling Seth. Seth ended up battling Hiro instead and guess how it came out! a tie can you believe it? I also met a new guy. He was cute but you know me i think every guy is cute.

Serena [/i]

"Hey Serena some ones at the door for you!"

[i] huh? [/i] Serena thought. [i] Some one for me? [/i]

Hiro sat there in his chair looking through the new cards he got today. 'Man, Seth's gotten so much better since the last time we dueled...'

"Hey Hiro, what're you doing?" A voice near him said. He looked up and saw Yugi, standing there with his hands in his pockets and smiling.

"Oh, hi Yugi. I came here to ask you a favor." Hiro said as he put his cards away. "I need your help."

Yugi frowned. "Why? Did you lose or something?" He asked.

"No, It's Seth. He's back and he's a lot better than when we last dueled. I faced him just a few minutes ago...it was a draw." He replied looking down.

"Seth Niteshade? Man, I dueled him a while back...I won, but not easily. He was good before, but now you're saying he's gotten better?" Yugi said with a strange look on his face. "Well, what do you need help with?"

"I need to rebuild my deck. I need for it to be near perfect. I wanna be able to win your tourny this Saturday." Hiro said taking out his deck and handing it to Yugi.

Yugi skimmed through the deck, complimenting some of the cards in it. "Well, I see nothing wrong with it. You really don't need to change any of the cards in it." He said handing the deck back to Hiro.

"I don't know why, but it just feels...incomplete for some reason. Oh, I almost forgot. I bought some new cards today. Here's what I got." Hiro said pulling the cards out.

Yugi put his hand out and shook his head. "No, I think that you need to make this deck for yourself. I mean, you wanna win this tournament with a deck you made yourself, not one I made. And besides, I'M entering this tournament myself, too, So you don't want me to know your strategy. Oh, and I wanted to give this to you." He ran upstairs and ran back down with a card in his hand. "Here. I don't need this anymore. I've changed my deck completely."

Hiro took the card and examined it. "Wow, thanks. This'll be a great addition to my deck." He looked out the window and smiled. "Hey, it stopped raining! I'd better leave; my mom's gonna kill me for being late for dinner." He said throwing his backpack over his shoulder.

"Bye!" Yugi said cheerfully. "See ya!" Hiro said, running in the direction of his house.

'Thanks, Yugi...man, sometimes it seems like when it comes to dueling, he's a completeley different person....' He thought as his house came into sight.

When Serena, Zach, and Hiro walked away in different directions, Rio said good-bye and headed towards town. His family had rented a apartment near a card shop owned Yugi's Grandfather. Rio was excited, not only was there a card shop a few minutes away, it housed the best duelist in the world: Yugi Mutou. Everyone talked about him and Seto Kiaba back in the States. He was glad that he would get to duel them and brag to his friends about it. Rio then looked at his deck, he hoped it would be ready for Yugi tournament.
Rio looked around the street, he saw a kid who was around his age with a duel disk.
"Hey dude, wanna duel?" Rio asked.
"Yes, but I should warn you...."
"Ok, let's duel then."
"Alright!" The kid growled.
[i]Good[/i] Thought Rio, [i]I've really got him mad, he'll be playing at his best now.[/i]
Rio grinned and both activated their Duel
-------->
Rio drew a card and smiled, the kid (who's name was Cin) was about to lose.
"Well, looks like it's time to end this duel."
Cin said nothing.
((Rio: 800LP, Cin: 200LP))
"I play Ryu-Kishin Clown, and his effect let's me change the battle position of one monster. I choose your Robotic Knight! And now my Opticlops, attack!"
The one-eyed giant rammed into the robot, making a big expolsion.
"Hah!" laffed Rio, "Your Life points are gone!"
"No!" Yelled Cin, droping to his knees.
"Yes," said Rio, "and you know our agreement, hand over your rarest card!"
Cin shuffed through his deck and handed Rio a monster card.
"Well, I don't need this, but I could shure sell or trade it."
Rio walked away, leaving Cin, who hadn't moved. Rio looked back, mayber I'd been to cruel.

Rio went back (feeling a bit gulty) to where Serena, Hiro, and Zack lived. Hoping he could find one of them.

Seth finished checking through his deck a final time.

"It's ready," he thought. "I've modified it perfectly, using my huge card library and the experience I gained in all my dueling today. He'd be so proud..."

On his way home, he passed by the Kame Game store. "Huh," he thought. "That's the store where Yugi Motoh hangs out. Well, Yugi, I'll be back come the tournament time, and you and Hiro and Kaiba and anyone else who straps on a duel disk will fall to my new deck!"

Humming to himself, Seth went home to make some more minor alterations.

Hiro ran through the front door and threw his backpack in a chair near the door. He then ran past his mom, who has watching tv and eating popcorn. As he was just about to go up the stairs to his bedroom, his mom said, "HOLD IT!"

He walked back until he stood in front of his mom.

"Where were you when I started dinner?" His mom(who's name is Megumi) asked.

"Well, I went to Zach's house, but no one was there. But he left a note saying he was at the docks dueling. So I went there, and you'll never guess who he was dueling." He said.

"Who." His mother said boringly.

"Seth Niteshade. And then he wound up dueling me, but it was a draw. So then I went to Yugi's house for advice. And then it stopped raining so I ran home." Hiro said really fast.

"OK, sounds reasonable to me. Well, your dinner is in the kitchen. Might be cold, though." His mom said still watching the tv.

Later that night.....

Hiro sat on his bed remaking his deck. 'NO, NO! That won't work! I need something....Oh! I've got it!'

He slipped a few more cards in his deck and releaseed a deep breath.

"Whew! Done! Now I just need to add in the card Yugi gave me." He said looking for the card. He found it and put it in too.

"OK Seth now I'm ready for you!!" He stood up and smiled.

[COLOR=darkblue]"Thank you for choosing Air Continental. We hope you enjoy your stay....Oh stop! You're evil! Heehehehe" [i]I rolled my eyes at the sheer idiocy of the flight attendant who was obviously flirting with the captain, dad was restraining a laugh by coughing loudly and the other people were either laughing or doing the same as me. This flight had felt like it had taken forever but at last we were here in Domino Japan, the place that was host of Seto Kaiba's famous Battle City and here I was standing in it, well in the airport. If only this dumb woman would get out of my way my dad and I could get into the town.

I had heard on the net about a tournament that the infamous Yugi Muto was holding and I really wanted to go to it, it had taken some sweet talking to my mom before I could get the full okay to go. So here I was with a suitcase of clothes in one hand and a huge briefcase of Duel Monster cards in the other I was to meet my penpal Hiro sometime today and he was going to show me where this tournament was, longingly I looked at the slip of paper with his address on it and again I felt a surge of giddiness I mean yeah I was 19 but I felt like a little kid in a candy shop. I mean here I was in the city that had popped out two of the most prestigious Duel Monsters champs and I was probably going to meet them!!

Anyways, off that little tangant I followed my dad out of the airport to the rental car place, and he paid what appeared to be a small fee for a rental Corvette, my mouth dropped when I saw it, it was one of the newer models that had been released.

Once leaving the airport we drove to my friends address, I stepped out of the car and walked up to the door nervously and knocked and that's when a woman answered.[/i]

"Uhhh. Hi, I'm Aidian, I'm Hiro's penpal from America."

"Hi! Let me get him." [i]She bustled back into the house and I heard her yelling at him in Japanese and he said something back to her as he opened the door again with a grin.[/i][/COLOR]

Hiro looked up at Aidian and smiled. This was the first time he had seen his penpal. He was a bit older than he had expected, but what was important was that they were both friends and that they both loved Duel Monsters.

"Hi, come in. I was just fixing up my deck." Hiro said bringing him in. They went into the kitchen and got some food out of the refridgerator, then they sat down at the table. Aidian's father was in the living room chatting with Hiro's mother. They then entered the kitchen.

"Hiro...why can't you learn to eat something HEALTY for a change? Or something that's not junk food?" Hiro's mother asked him.

Hiro sighed and put the snacks back in the refigerator and got out some ramen.

"You want some?" He asked Aidian and his father.

"No, I'm not hungry anyway." Aidian said. "Well, my son may be shy, but if you don't mind I'd like some." his father said rubbing his stomach.

After Hiro and Aidian's dad were done eating they went upstairs to Hiro's bedroom.

"So, Aidian, do ya wanna duel until our parents stop talking down there? It may be a while, knowing my mom." Hiro said pulling out his duel disk and deck.

Serena ran down the stairs and stopped at the front door. She fixed her hair and skirt then opened the door. Serena's smile faded as she relized who it was.

"Hey babe."

Serena rolled her eyes. "Dereck why don't you get a life and quit stalking me!" with that she slammed the door in his face.

dereck stood there for a minute confused then rang the door bell again.

"I said go away!"

Dereck smiled with his lopsided grin. "oh come on Serena. I'm sorry about earlier. the guys were jerks i admit it."

"you were the jerk!" Once again she slammed the door in his face. Dereck smirked and pulled out a cell phone. serena stomped by her mom who raised an eye brow at her. just as serena opened the fridge the phone rang.

"Serena sweet heart, the phones for you." Her father said handing her the phone.

"Hello?"

"Hey babe."

"Leave me alone!!!!!" Serena hung up and threw the phone on the couch she ran up into her room and layed down on her bed.

[i] stupid idiot [/i]

[COLOR=darkblue][i]My mouth dropped at the sight of the duel disk on Hiro's arm, I'd seen pictures of these babies and had always dreamed of using one but my dad wasn't able to get ahold of one so I felt kind of out of the loop, I slouched down onto Hiro's bed and grimmaced.[/i]

"Unfortunately, I don't have a duel disk. You just wanna duel normally?"

"Sure, sounds fun." [i]He said as he took the disk off and set up the playing field mat on a table he had. I shuffled my deck and drew my five cards: Proof of Dragon Destruction, Mirror Force, Skilled White Magician, Breaker Magic Warrior, and Vorse Raider.[/i]

"I'll go first." [i]I said, I drew my next card, it was Gazelle The Mythical Beast King.[/i]

"I summon Breaker The Magic Warrior and I add on his counter, just remember that since he has that counter on him he gains a 300 attack bonous taking him to 1900 attack, but once that counter comes off I can destroy one of your magic or traps." [i]I said happily as Hiro stared up with an evil smirk.[/i][/COLOR]

Hiro looked at his hand and smirked. He knew that this would not be easy, and he loved a challenge. But for some reason, he didn't like dueling Seth. It made him feel...insecure for some reason.

Hiro pulled a card out of his hand and put it on the table.

"I summon the Skilled Black Magician in attack mode.(1900/1700) Then I'll set one card facedown and end my turn."

Hiro crossed his arms and smiled.

"Well, looks like we're like a stalemate. Let's see what you can do now. By the way, are you entering the tournament on Saturday?"

[COLOR=darkblue][i]I smirked, Hiro was very good, a Skilled Black Magician was very bad news for me seeing as how if either of us played magic cards that thing got a magic counter on it and once it had three BAM! Out comes a Dark Magician. I drew my next card and practically fell over in annoyance, stupid card.[/i]

"I'll play Vorse Raider in Attack Mode as well and set one m/t face down and end my turn. Also I play Proof of Dragon Destruction and move one Buster Blader to my hand. And yes I know SBM gets a magic counter." [i]Hiro nodded as I brought out my favorite card to my hand. It was too fun, I smirked again as I ended my turn and Hiro started again.[/i]

"Yeah, I'm gonna go on Saturday to the tournament, I'd like to at least and partake in a famous tournament here." [i]I said grinning happily again, honestly I wanted to go in a tournament and I'd also like to meet Yugi Muto and maybe even get his autograph, heh.[/i][/COLOR]

"Heh, good move. I was ready for something to that effect." Hiro said drawing his card. He looked at it and put it in his hand. He then took a card and put it on the field.

"I summon the Apprentice Magician in attack mode.(400/800) It's effect is that when it's summoned I get to put one counter on a monster that can have counter on it." Hiro said putting another counter on his SBM. "And now I'll set one card." He put the card on the field face down.

"Now I'll end my turn playing the card Yugi gave me: Swords of Revealing Light." He placed the card on the field and once again crossed his arms.

"Your turn." He said smiling.

Rio was walking home. He took a short-cut through a alley.

Half-way through the alley. A dark vocie spoke to him. Rio stopped, but did not look around.
[b]"Well, looks like I can speak to you after all."[/b] Said the dark voice.
[i]"You couldn't! How?"[/i] Answered Rio.
[b]"I have my ways, I can't be stopped."[/b] Said the voice
[i]"How could you be here though?"[/i]
[b]"From the day [i]he[/i] put it on I got powers you have yet to learn about."[/b]
[i]"Okay, bu-but what about our deal? I helped back! You helped me, and we parted, no more contact! Remember?"[/i] Rio was getting nervous.
[b]"I still need your help, and, I'll get you what you want."[/b]
[i]"Fine, go, for now, wait till the tournament, I could use your help.[/i] Rio started to walk away.
[b]"Good, will talk then.[/b] said the dark voice.
Rio did not wait to see if he was still there, and focused his mind on other things.

[COLOR=darkblue][i]I grinned at Hiro, he should have known that I now had the perfect amount for my Buster Blader but I was also in a corner seeing as how he had Swords of Revealing Light on the field, I groaned mentally as I drew a card that would help but it would also help Hiro in the long run as wel.[/I]

"Oh hell, I'll do it. I play Heavy Storm and destroy all of our face down magics and traps..."

"But, I now get 3 magic counters on my Skilled Black Magician so now I bring forth my Dark Magician." [i]I nodded as he sent the SBM to the graveyard and brought out a DM but it wouldn't matter.[/i]

"I now sacrafice my two monsters for Buster Blader, and I attack and destroy Dark Magician taking you down 100 life points." [i]I grinned, now things would get fun.[/i][/COLOR]

Hiro looked at his hand after he drew. With Aididan's Buster Blader on the field there was no cards in his hand to do anything, except...

Hiro smiled. "I play the magic card Reload. It allows me to shuffle my hand into my deck and draw cards equal to the number I shuffled into my deck."

Hiro shuffled his hand into his deck and drew the amount he shuffled in.

Hiro laughed. "Thank you for helping me out. Now it's time I unleash my deck's ultimate monster. First, I activate Monster Reborn and revive my Dark Magician."

He put his Dark Magician back on the field.

"Now I activate Brain Control and take your Buster Blader." Hiro said and grabbed his Buster Blader. He put it on his side of the field and played one more card.

"And now I'll play Fusion Sage. It lets me get a Polymerization from my deck and add it to my hand.

He took the card out and put it in his hand.

"Now I fuse the Buster Blader and Dark Magician with Polymerization and create my decks ultimate monster, the Black Paladin!"

He put the cards he used in the graveyard and put the Buster Blader in Aidian's graveyard. Then he took his Black Paladin from his fusion deck and placed it on the field.

And now my Black Paladin and my Apprentice Magician both attack your Life Points for 3300 life points of damage.

Aidian:700 Hiro:3900

"I also set the last card from my hand facedown for later. Your turn." Hiro said smiling.

serena peeked out of her door and looked around. [i] phew he's gone [/i] Serena stepped out and started to walk off.

"Hah, got ya!" Dereck popped out of the bushes and shut the door before Serena could go back in.

"No!" serena reached out for the door but dereck dragged her away. Serena kicked and yelled. Dereck set her down. "Come on just go for a walk with me."

Serena huffed and crossed her arms. dereck rolled his eyes and smiled. "just a little walk."

"Fine" Serena spat walking off.

"whoa, wait for me!" Dereck ran to catch up with her then started to walk with her.