OtakuBoards

Yu-Gi-Oh:Rising to the top

SS3Vahn

[COLOR=darkblue][i]I practically fell over backwards when I saw the huge amount of people that showed up at Yugi's card shop. And it was only 8:00 in the morning I dreaded seeing how full this place would be in a little bit. After standing in line to buy the duel disk system I finally got up to the desk and an old man with gray hair stood there, he looked a little tired but very happy.[/i]

"Hi there, you wanting a duel disk system?" [i]He asked with a smile, I nodded and he brought up the price. It would cost me about 10,000 yen, or roughly about 1,000 dollars. I coughed up the money and gratefully took my duel disk system happily and slid my deck in, oh man was it awesome, I was grinning like a little kid as I practically skipped out of the store and that's when I saw the massive crowd, I'd been in the store for almost an hour if not longer, after some more investigating I managed to catch sight of Hiro, I bolted towards him with a huge grin on my face.[/i][/COLOR]

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hiro warmly greeted Serena and Aidian with a slight smile and a wave. "Hi. Who else is here?" he asked, looking around.

"I dunno, I just got here. But I DO know that Seth will definitely be here. He said it himself yesturday." Serena said, slightly blushing when she remembered Seth walking her home yesturday.

Hiro snickered to himself. 'If I'm not mistaken, I'd say that Serena kinda likes Seth.' he thought while he was pulling a small sandwich bag full of chips out of his pocket. "Well, I'd beffa go sin up befo it starts." Hiro said while he was chewing his chips.

They all barely made their way through the crowd on the way to the registration desk. When they finally got there, they were greeted with a smile by Yugi's Grandfather, owner of the Kame Game Store. "Hello Hiro! Are you here to register?" He asked.

"Yea. Me and my friend Aidian are here to register. How much?" He asked pulling out his wallet.

"Ok, for both of you itll be 1000 yen." Yugi's grandpa said writing their names down on the sheet.

"Alright, here ya go." Hiro said giving him the money. He turned and faced his friends. "Ok the preliminaries will begin in about 10 minutes." He said as he started walking out. On his way out he noticed Rio standing there, with his back and one foot against the wall. He had his arms crossed and was looking down.

"Oh, hey Rio! Are you entering the tournament? If you are then good luck. I've never seen you duel before and wanna see what you've got. Well, see ya around!" Hiro said, closing his eyes and waving. They then walked across the street to wait for the preliminaries to begin.

Seth approached the group, smiling broadly. He was still dressed from head to toe in black.

"Heyo, Hiro," he said. "Glad to see you showed. It would have been so dull otherwise. Rio, wasn't it? Nice to see you again." He stopped at Aidian.

"We haven't met. The name's Seth. Remember that name, you'll hear it again."

"Serena, always a pleasure. Be sure to check me out in the finals."

Seth adjusted his duel disk and shuffled his deck. "I've revamped my deck to the point where you'd barely recognize it," he said. "I'd love to tell you all about it, but you'll find out soon enough."

Hiro smiled while Seth was talking. "It's nice to see you're as arrogant as ever. Well, good luck!" Hiro said stretching out and putting his hands in his pockets. He then started walking towards the game store, because Yugi's Grandpa was coming out of the store.

Everyone there grew silent when Sugoroku came out with a clipboard in his hands. "Ok. Here are the preliminaries, which will decide which of you will make it to the actual tournament. They will take place from 10:00 to 5:00 all around the city. You will all be given a duel monsters card. You cannot use the card you are given, because it doesnt have any stats. When you lose a duel, you must hand over your card to your opponent. In the case of a tie, a rematch is played. When you have 0 cards, you are out of the tournament. All duelists must report back here at 5:00. Whoever has 4 cards at the end of day 1 will gain acess to the actual tournament. Oh yea, there's also the ante rule. When you lose, you also must give up the rarest card in your deck." He said. Yugi was handing out the cards to the duelists. When he came to Hiro, he smiled and said, "Hey. Good luck. See ya in the tournament."

Hiro nodded and looked at the card. It looked like a normal duel monsters card, only it had no words in the text box and no stats. It had a picture of the Kame Game Store on it.

"Now, onto the card rules. You will all get an official duel monsters rulebook, which you will follow for rules reference. Many of you all ready know the rules, but if you dont, I suggest you read them in a minute. Well, that about covers it for now, I'm hoping to see some of you in the tournament, so good luck! Let the tournament begin!"

Yugi handed Hiro and Aidian a rulebook. Hiro pocketed his for later in case he needed it. He looked over and saw Seth throw his rulebook to the side and cross his arms. Yugi gave him a dirty look and continued to pass out rulebooks.

'Man, the only people I see here I know are Aidian, Serena, Rio, and Seth. Well, I guess that adds to the excitement, seeing new people and what strategies they can come up with. Well, I'd better get crackin!' Hiro thought.

"Hey guys, I'm gonna go by myself for a while. I'll meet up with you guys later!" Hiro said, waving them goodbye and running down the street. He turned left and slowed his pace down to a walk. 'Yes, that's right. I'm coming for you, and you'd better be ready!' He thought and started heading for the Kaiba Corp. building.

Rio smiled with excitement. [i]Here we go![/i] He though, time to duel! Rio looked around the crowd for some-one to duel, when he heard a familer vocie

"YOU! I want a rematch!"

Rio whirled around to see, dressed in a red rain-jacket and pants plus a white shirt was Cin, the kid he'd beaten before the tournament.
Rio grinned, with all the duelist around he'd get a chance to show off, and be the first to duel in the tournament.

"Fine!" Said Rio. Both duelist shuffled their decks and put them in there Duel Disk.

"Let's Duel!" They both said, they drew their five cards and began.

"I'll go frist" said Rio. Rio looked at his hand: Malevolent Nuzzler, Giant Germ, Grand Tiki Elder, Magic Jammer, Dark Hole.

"I set one monster in defense mode and one card face down and I'll end my turn.

"Fine." Cin said. "I play Dark Fire Soilder #1 (1700/1150) in attack mode and I'll attack your monster!" The fire-swordsman rushed to the card and sliced it in two.

Rio: 4000
Cin: 3500

"What!? Why did I lose Life Points!?" Screamed Cin
"Whoa Cin, you got anger problems. But anyway, you destroyed my Gaint Germ, which does 5OO point of direct damge to you when you send it to the Graveyard." Rio said.

Rio drew his next card. "My turn, and I play the Shallow Grave, which brings back one monster from each of our Graveyards, since you have none, only Giant Germ gets brought back!" Gaint Germ came onto the field again. "I'll end my turn."

"Fine, I play Riegaki, which destroys you Germ." The bolt was stopped.
"I activate: Magic Jammer, and discard one card to stop yours!"
Cin was infuriated and ended his turn.

Rio drew his card and grinned. "Ha! Prepare to be destroyed Cin! I sacrifice Gaint Germ to summon Summoned Skull (2500/1200), now attack his DF#1!" Summoned Skull shot out bolts of light at the Soilder which dissapered.

Rio: 4000
Cin: 2700

Cin drew his card, he seemed happy with it.
"I play Spirit of the Harp in defense mode! And play one card face-down and end my turn."

[i]That's wierd, I thought he had all fire monsters.[/i]
"Well..." Said Rio, "your to easy. Attack Summoned Skull!"

"I activate, Castle Walls! It's a stale-mate, no monsters are destroyed!" Countered Cin.

"Fine!" Yelled Rio "I play Grand Tiki Elder in attack mode and end my turn."

"Ha! Your finished! I play Soul Exchange to bring out my most powerful monster! Rio, meet Yamata Dragon (2600/3100)! Attack his Grand Tiki Elder!(1500/800)

Rio: 2900
Cin: 2700

"I'll play Spiritual Energy Settle Machine to keep my Dragon on the Field."

[i]Crap! I don't have a card in my hand that can stop it from attacking and hitting my life points! Come'on Soul of the Cards![/i]

"Yes! I play Nightmare Steel Cage, you can't attack for two turns, and I play monster reborn to bring back Grand Tiki Elder!"

"Fine. I discard one card to keep Spiritual Energy in play. And I'll end my turn." Said Cin.

"Yee-ha! I play Wall of Illsion in defense mode and end my turn."

"What is your plan Rio!? I end my turn, next turn, I attack!"

"Doesn't matter Cin! I drew the card I needed! [b]My[/b] most powerful monster!" Rio waited, he couldn't wait to see his favorite card alive, so he played it right away. "I sacrifice my two weaker monster to summon the most powerful Fiend, Masked Beast Death Guardius (3300/2500)!!!"
Rio stared at his card for a moment. Death Guardius turned it's head and looked at Rio, who was so happy. The monster turned back around, ready for battle.

Rio: 2900 (3300/2500)
Cin: 2700 (2600/3100)

<(Sorry this post is so long:toothy: )>

Seth looked around. "Dang....where'd everyone go?"

He caught up to Serena. "Hey, Serena, is that jerk stalker of yours actually here today? If he his, I want to boot his hieney out of the tournament before moving on to actual good duelists. I don't want him bothering you today."

Serena blushed. "That's sweet of you...oh, but I haven't seen him anywhere. I'm hoping he-"

"Hey Serena!"

"Aww man."

Serena frowned as Dereck came running up. he stopped and scowled as he noticed Seth. Seth crossed his arms and gave Dereck a challanging look.

"I saw you and wounedered who you were rooting for out of these losers."

Serena smiled sweetly and looked over at seth. "I'm rooting for seth." She stuck her tounge out at Dereck.

When Hiro entered the Kaiba Corp. building, he was approached by another duelist. This one was wearing a big light blue trenchcoat with jet black pants. He had brown hair, but Hiro couldn't see his eyes due to the glasses on his face.

The man approached Hiro with a suitcase in both hands. He smirked and lifted one of the suitcases. The man then pushed a button on the top and the suitcase flew open. Inside was a duel disk and a small black box.

"Let's duel." The man said as he took the duel disk out of the suitcase and slipped it on. He grabbed the small black box and opened it. There was a Duel Monsters deck inside of it. The man pulled it out and slipped it in the duel disk.

"I don't have time for this. Maybe when I get back." Hiro said walking past the man.

The man turned around and smiled. "I didn't say you had a choice! Now duel me now or she gets it." He said pointing down the hall.

Hiro looked in the direction of the man's finger and gasped. There was his mother down the hall with a gun held to her head. The man started laughing and said, "Now duel me! If you win, I lose my card and you all go free. But if you lose..." He said with an evil smile on his face. Hiro knew where he was going with this.

"OK, I accept your challenge. But first, answer my questions. First, why are you doing this?" Hiro asked, activating his duel disk.

"I have nothing against you personally. It's just business, that's all. Me and 4 others were hired to put you out of this tournament, because our boss doesnt want you to get the grand prize!" The man said.

"And what is the grand prize?" Hiro asked.

"Enough! It doesn't matter anyway, because you're going out right now!" The man said, veins popping out of his forehead as he screamed at Hiro.

"Duel!" They both shouted, drawing 5 cards.

Seth stepped forward, glaring at Dereck. "Dereck, you've harassed this youg lady long enough. It's time for you to go. I challenge you to my first battle in this tournament!"

Dereck laughed. "Sure, whatever. I got you all figured out from the last time. You're toast!"

"Remember, when I win, I get your Tournament card, and your rarest card. Also, after this, youhave to leave Serena alone forever!"

"I know the deal, geek!"

"Let's duel!"

They both drew five cards. Seth grinned. "You may go first this time, creep."

"Yeah, yeah Whatever." dereck retorted looking over his cards.

Dereck smirked as he pulled out two cards. He put one card face down and put a monster in defence mode.

"I bet your woundering what i put down eh, pretty boy?"

"You are unbeleivably rude."

"Yeah, whatevar stop stalling."

"what would make you think i'm stalling?" Seth asked crossing his arms and smiling.

Serena giggled. She knew what seth was doing. he was making Dereck madder.

"What ever just move!"

"Serena, I dedicate this victory to you," Seth said, drawing his next card.

"I summon the Thunder Nyan nyan, in attack mode," he said as the electric cat girl appeared. "I also set two cards face down."

"Now, Nyan Nyan! Attack his face down monster!"

"Well, well Cin, looks like I'll be getting that Yamata Dragon soon, but first I have to destroy it! Attack, Masked Beast Death Guardius! Destroy his dragon!" Yelled Rio.
He watched as his Death Guardius jumped into action, it's huge sharp claws came down on the many dragon heads, making it disapear from the field.
"No! My Dragon!"

Rio: 2900
Cin: 2000

"Your turn, it may be your last so make it worth-while." Rio said darkly.
Cin barely had the will to go on, but he still countinued.
"I play Fushi No Tori (1200/0) in defense mode and play Sparks and Ookazi and I'll end my turn."

Rio: 2000
Cin: 2000

"Hum, I'll set one monster in defense mode and one card face down and I will attack your Fushi No Tori phoenix monster with Death Guardius, and I end my turn."

"I'll play one monster in defense mode and I'll end my turn."

Rio smilied at the card he just drew. "Time to end this duel, I play Fairy Meteor Crush, which I think you know what it does."
Cin could not respond.
Rio grinned "Masked Beast Death Guardius, attack his face-down monster!"
(Fire Princess ATK/1300 DEF/1500)
"And then I'll summon Headless Knight to attack your Life Points!"

Rio: 2000
Cin: 0000

"NO!" Screamed Cin. "It can't be!"

"It is, now, hand over you Yamata Dragon!" Rio said egerly.

"It's to important Rio, I care for it too much to loose it!"

Rio was getting impatient. "Fine, you can have your Hino-Kaga Tsuchi card back that I won before if I can have Yamata Dragon."

"Fine!" Said Cin, he took back his old card and walked off.

[i]Well, well, well, that wasn't to bad, Yamata Dragon and a Tournament card, three more to go. Maybe I'll take a quick break and watch some other duels...Hey, there's Seth and Serena, I'll watch Seth play, I probably won't play him till the finals.[/i]

Rio walked over to were Seth and Dereck were dueling...

Ooc: Sorry i haven't posted un a long time we just moved to a new house and my mom hasn't called comcast for internet and cable yet because we are now on vacation.

IC:

*Zach was walking around looking for the others after just signing up for the tournament and grabing his duel disk*

Zach: Darn alarm clock fell on the floor this morning so i can wake up late. With my luck I'll lose this tournament in a second.

"Bummer" Dereck pouted as he watched his monster be destroyed. Dereck looked pretty cool and calm as he searched his hand for a monster.

[i] well it won't do much for killing that monster of his but at least it'll keep my life points safe. [/i]

Dereck: Ok Snob. I put Gyakutenno Megumi in defense mode.

atk/1800 def/ 2000

Dereck: And I put Mysterious puppeteerin defence mode as well. Take note his effect.

[i] when the monster is summond (excluding special summon) the Life Points of this card's owner increase by 500 points for each monster on the feild. [/i]

Seth laughed. "That's all you can do? I activate my face-down card, Ring of Destruction! This card burned you last time, and it'll do the same now!"

The bright ring of fire floated in the air, waiting for Seth's instructions.

"Destroy his Megumi!"

Not needing any more of an invitation, the ring encircled the Gyakutenno Megumi, destrying it instantly. Both players lost 1800 LP. (2200)

"But that's just phase one of my plan! Now, I activate my other face down card, Monster Reborn! I use it to raise your Megumi from the grave, on my side!"

The plant woman rose from the monster reborn card. Seth didn't stop there, however.

"Now, I sacrifice your Megumi and my Thunder Nyan nyan to summon a more powerful beast...the Mystical Knight of Jackal!"

Both monsters on Seth's side of the field sank into the new card, and out rose a new beast. It had the body of a warrior but the head of a jackal, dressed in ornate Egyptian armor. (2700/1200)

"My Jackal Knight has a very special ability," Seth said. "You'll gain your 500 points, brining you up to 2700 Life points. However...Jackal, destroy him!"

The beast-warrior roared and attacked the Pupeteer, destroying it instantly.

"Now...here's why the Jackal is my second most powerful beast," Seth said. "His special ability states that any monster he destoys in battle isn't sent to the graveyard...it's sent to the top of your deck. The next card you draw will be your Mysterious Pupeteer..."

"No way!" Dereck snapped. "That's impossible! Even *you* cant' do something like that!"

"Draw your next card and see!" Seth laughed. "It's the Pupeteer I just destroyed. Now, you have two options, not counting surender. You can play a monster, but that won't do any good. You can't summon a High-level monster without sacrificing a weaker one first, and even then, you'll need a two-sacrifice monster to beat my Jackal. Any monster you set, i will destroy, and send it to the top of your deck. You'll never get any more cards then what you have right now, plus your Pupeteer."

Seth chuckled again, running his hand through his hair. "Eventually I'll summon a second monster and attack when my Jackal is through, and you'll loose. Your other option, of course, is to *not* set any monsters. THen, my Jackal can't send them to the top of your deck. However, if you don't have any monster...my Jackal can attack you directly and wipe out your Life points."

"You're through here, Dereck. You'll be leaving this Tournament and giving me your rarest card, as well as your Tournament c ard. And you're going to stay the heck away from Serena."

Dereck looked at his hand. [i] no way! [/i]

The confident smirk on Derecks face faded as her relized his fate. Dereck looked over the cards in his hand then tried to remember what he had put face down.

[i] It's nothing good enough... [/i]

Dereck placed his hand on his deck and hung his head.

Dereck: I surrender.

Seth: What? I'm afraid I didn't hear you.

Dereck took a deep breath then raised his voice.

Dereck: I said, I surrender. Good bye serena.

"You accepted defeat with honor, Dereck," Seth said. "For the first time ever, i actually respect you for something. However..."

He turned off his duel disk and held out his hand. "You owe me two cards. First, your special Tournament card, so I can get into the finals. Second, your rarest card, as per the ante rule."

It always seemed Rio ended up seeing Seth duel. But it didn't matter if Rio knew Seth's deck by heart, some of Seth's monster like the Knight of Jackel he just saw would put up a one heck of a fight agianst Rio's monsters like Death Guardius.

[i]Oh well,[/i] Rio thought as he activated his Duel Disk, he still needed two more tournament cards and he wanted to get them quickly so he could watch other duels, especially Hiro. [i]Where is that kid? By the way.[/i] Rio looked around at the other duels but did not see Hiro anywhere. Rio shrugged and walked off.

Rio pulled out the card he just won, the [b]Yamata Dragon[/b], he debated where-or-not to put it in his deck, but he decided to anyway just to see how it's would work in his deck and, since it's effect seemed good, if he'd keep it in there.

Rio was hoping that he catch another Duelists' eye, and he did. A tall kid wearing only a white short-sleeve shirt, blue jeans, and his
Duel Disk, walked up to Rio.

Tall Kid: "Hey, yo, wanna duel?"
[i]Hey, another American![/i]
Rio: "Sure man, how many Tourny cards?"
"Umm, how 'bout two?" He said holding up two tournament cards.
"Fine with me!" Said Rio holding up his two.
"Okey....."
"LET'S DUEL!" Both guys said.

They activated their Duel Disk and put their decks in and begun....

OOC: Sorry I haven't posted in a while. I've been really busy
------------------------------

They both drew 5 cards.

"I'll go first." The cloaked man said, drawing another card. He then took a card from his hand and placed it on the duel disk. "I'll summon Blood Vors in attack mode."

A giant creature carrying a big axe appeared on the field.(1900/1200)

"I'll also set one card facedown. Your turn." He said.

OOC: Dear god!! My sincerest apologies, I had that damn comp virus and now I'm really behind. >_<;;;
-----------------------------------------------------------------

[COLOR=darkblue][i]After meeting the ever so arrogant Seth I walked off stewing about him. "What a jerk, coming off so arrogant. Bleh, he's just a kid, anyways I guess I'll have to make him respect me and I will." I thought clenching my fists in anxiety, I couldn't wait to win this.

While I was lost in my own thoughts of glory and all that stuff some jerk walked right up to me and shoved me from behind, I fell face first into a puddle of mud, eyes flickering in anger I stood up and glared at the green haired brat with glasses, it was Weevil Underwood the coniving little jerk, I leaned down and glared right into those beady disgusting eyes.[/i]

"If you got some agenda with me then let's settle it with a duel punk." [i]I said while pushing him back, he snickered and slapped his deck into his disc and I followed suit. The game was set and ready.[/i][/COLOR]

Hiro drew his card, looked at it, and then added it to his hand.

'Man, who is their boss and why does he want the grand prize? Well, whatever the reason, I've gotta beat this guy and find Seto. If it weren't for this guy holding my mom hostage, I'd probably be facing Kaiba right now!' Hiro thought.

"Are you going to play a card? Hurry up!" the man said, getting rather impatient.

Hiro took two cards from his hand and slid them onto his duel disk. "I set one card in facedown defense mode, and one more for later."

Two facedown cards appeared on the field.

Hiro pulled a piece of gum out of his pocket and stuck it in his mouth. "Your turn." he said.

[COLOR=darkblue][i]I had to snicker mentally, Weevil was of course one of the weakest duelists I'd heard of but he was well known for his knack of cheating. When he'd pushed me he'd tried to grab for my deck case so that he could nab my Buster Blader of course, Buster Blader would be the least of his concerns when I started in on him. I drew my opening hand, heh it was too good.[/i]

"All right Weevil I summon Blood Vors in attack mode." [i]A large beast-warrior with yellow eyes and a menacing grin appeared, what really freaked me out about this holographic projection system was that his axe actually had what appeared to be a small trail of blood on it.[/i]

"And with his 1900 attack I'd like to see you try and beat him as I end my turn." [i]I said a little to over confident but hey, I was on top of the world. Weevil laughed out loud as he drew his next card.[/i]

"Hehhehehe... I set this monster face down and these to m/t and end my turn." [i]I glared at him, I honestly didn't trust what he'd set face down, I drew my next card, it was Raigeki, but I decided to save it for later.[/i]

"Okay, for starters, I'll play Gazelle the King of Mythical Beasts in attack mode and then equip him with United We Stand taking him up to 3100 seeing as how he gains 800 attack for each monster I have face up on the field. I now have Blood Vors attack your monster!!" [i]Bad move...Very bad move seeing as the monster my Blood Vors attacked was a blasted Man-Eater Bug, Weevil was now laughing hysterically.[/i]

"Guess what I destroy!! Your pathetic Gazelle!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!" [i]I about gagged when I saw the bug grab my Gazelle and eat him alive as he was destroyed. There went a major hitter I had on the field.[/i][/COLOR]