OtakuBoards

Yu-Gi-Oh:Rising to the top

SS3Vahn

OK I'm just starting this now to get it over with, but I'm not starting it until I get at least 3 to 4 people to join. So go to the recruitment area, click on the thread that says YGO:rising to the top and read. Go on,do it. You know you wanna.

Me
Taki Ebina
Deathbug
GotenksSSJ343
Kesaki_Inedia
Exodus

OK now let's get this thing started:

It was a sunny day outside. The fresh air felt so good to Hiro, blowing his hair back as he closed his eyes, but he knew it wouldn't last long. He opened his eyes and saw dark clouds coming from the east on the horizon. He wondered to himself, 'I hope it doesn't rain until I get to Zach's house. I don't feel like getting wet right now.' He turned a corner and walked a couple blocks north until he came to a large blue house with white shutters and a small amount of windows.
"This is where Zach lives, huh?" said a voice from behind him. He turned around and saw a girl about his age standing there, smiling brightly at him. It was the girl from his math class at school, Serena. "Oh, hi Serena. What're you doing here?" Hiro asked her, scratching his head and wondering if she followed him there or not. "Oh, nothing really, just came to ask you a favor," she said looking down at the ground kicking some rocks. "OK, what is it?" he replied. She looked up and said,"Ummm...well...can I kinda..well, hang out with you guys for a while? These guys were hounding me like a bunch of dogs downtown earlier and I-"
"Yea, yea we know. Sure. Come on." Together they walked up to Zach's door and knocked a couple of times. No one answered. They tried a couple more times, but still no one was there. "Hey, what's this?" Serena said as she picked up a green post-it note on the ground. It said: Meet me down at the docks. I got challenged to a duel and had to leave. -Zach
"Man, can't he learn to turn down more duels? I really wanted to play on his computer, too." Hiro said looking disappointed. Serena looked happy about it, "Hey Hiro, can we go watch it? I've never seen Zach duel before." Hiro took in a deep breath and said,"OK, but we'd better hurry" They took off running for the docks.
About 5 minutes later, they arrived at the docks. Standing on the farthest right one was Zach, standing there with his duel disk on his left arm. He stood there with his arms crossed, looking unpatient. "Can we start this duel now, Seth?" He said getting quite annoyed. "Good, they're just starting," Crystal said. "Alright, let's duel!" Seth said and drew 5 cards.

[font=gothic][color=indigo]Please don't double post. - The Harlequin.[/font][/color]

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Seth looked like a refugee from the Matrix; he was dressed from head to toe in stark black. He ran his free hand through his spikey blacck and silver hair, and examined the cards in his hand.

He just so happened to glance upwards at that moment, and smiled.

"Hiro, Serena, so nice to see you again," he said. "It's been what, six months? Hiro, it was you I really came to duel, but this guy was so eager, who was I to refuse? Don't worry; I can win here without using my best tricks. You'll still have plenty of suprises waiting for you when we duel."

Zach didn't like that. "You haven't won anything yet," he said.

"Don't worry, I will," Seth answered. "I mean, I'm sure you're a good duelist and all, but I've beaten dozens of opponents, easily. Don't take it personally. In fact, the only person who's ever beaten me in a duel was Hiro himself. But that was when I was a weak newbie; now, my deck is unstoppable, and my skills are unmatched."

Seth turned back to Hiro. "See, now that I'm a champion, I have to defeat the only person who beat me before my rise to the top. It's not about you, really; it's about my rep. I've improved by light years since you last saw me. See, first I-"

He stopped and shook his head. "Nope, no sense in tipping my hat before we get started. I'll take out your buddy here in less than five turns. Count off."

Seth drew one card from his deck. "Okay, spanky, let's see how you like this..."

"I place two cards face down, and place Neo the Magic Swordsman on the field in defense mode." (1700/1000)

"Your move, Zach."

Serena: Oh wow his card is soo cute!!! ^_^

Zach and hiro laughed while Seth seemed kinda mad.

Seth: No no you have it allll wrong. Duel monsters are not CUTE.

Serena: Yes it is. admitt it he's so cute.

Zach and Hiro looked at each other and fell over laughing.

Seth shook his head.

Seth: whatever. Let's get on with this duel. You people are wasting my time.

Rio was wandering around town looking for some food or some one to duel with. He had just gotten a Duel Disk and had it on, it wasn't coming off for a while. Sure, the U.S. had great cards and tournaments, but nothing like Duel Disk, so Rio was excited to test it out and see ALL his cards come to life...

Rio was still walking around town (he was new here, taking a very long vacation) when he saw the beach, he ran down to it, the ocean wasn't anywhere near where he lived, so he was natually happy to see it. He let the tide run up to his and barely touch his shoes. He was looking around and enjoying the view when he looked towards the docks and saw a group of people. He saw two of them dueling! He ran to where he could get a good view of the match and watching from a distance, a bit shy of meeting other people.

OOC: I'm being assertive.

IC: Seth suddenly deactivated his Duel disk and left the duel.

"Hey!" Zach yelled. "What are you doing?!"

"I've had a change of heart," Seth said. "This duel is void. I came here to duel Hiro, and every card I play gives him an advantage, because he'll know what's in my deck. Screw that. You can call it whatever you want, but I've got to stay focused on my true objectives."

He walked over to Hiro. "So...do you wanna' duel?"

Hiro, still chuckling about the comment Serena made a few moments ago, suddenly got a serious look on his face. He flipped his backpack off of his shoulder and unzipped it. "OK, since we've never actually finished a real duel." He said pulling his brand new duel disk out and putting it on. He pulled his deck out of his duel box and slipped it in the deck slot.

"Good. Let's go." Seth said. He took a few steps back and turned his duel disk back on.

"I'll go first." Hiro said, turning his duel disk on and drawing 5 cards. He drew a card for the beginning of his turn and looked at his hand. "OK, I'll place Mystical Elf in defense mode. Then I'll place another card facedown." 2 hologram cards appeared on the field, one face up and horizontal, and the other facedown, vertical, and behind the face up one. A Mystical Elf emerged from the face up card. "Your turn" Hiro said, letting his arms fall to his side.

Serena rolled her eyes. [i] duelist. [/i]

While they got started serena noticed someone watching from a distance. [i] that's weird. I haven't seen him around. [/i] For a minute Serena debated on whether or not she should talk to him or not. The other two startted to summon thier monsters while Zack walked up beside her.

Serena waved at Rio.

Serena: Hey! Over here. Come on over don't be shy.

Rio looked at her and then blushed. He looked around and then started to walk over.

OOC: So....do we start at 4000 LP, or 8000?

IC:

Seth chuckled to himself. "A Mystical Elf? Nice choice; I approve. However, she'll have to go."

Seth drew a card. "I place one card face down, and once again, summon Neo, the Magic Sowrdsman, in attack mode. (1700/1000)."

A hologram of Neo appeared, as well as a face-down card.

"However, I will not attack just yet. I can't break through the Elf's defenses yet. However, once I draw the proper card, you'll be done for. Right now, I end my turn."

OOC: 4000

Hiro drew his card and looked at it. He smiled and slapped it on his duel disk. "I'll summon Witch of the Black Forest in defense mode!"

A hologram of a Witch of the Black Forest appeared on the field.

" And now I'll place a card facedown." Hiro said taking a card from his hand and placing it on his duel disk. Another hologram card appeared behind the WotBF. "Your turn."

'I wonder what he's got in store for me...' Hiro thought to himself. 'Well, whatever he's got, I'm ready for!'

"That's it for you, Hiro," Seth said. "Your monsters are done." He drew a card. "Just what I needed! I play Pot of Greed!"

He drew two additional cards. "All right, I play Harpie's Feather Duster," he said. "Neo, get rid of those pesky face-down cards."

A large feather appeared before Neo; he wiped it over the face-down cards, and they were destroyed.

"Now...Serena, you want to see a cute monster? I have one for you. I summon the Thunder Nyan Nyan in attack mode."

A cartoonish, cat-like girl appeared on the field. Electricity sparked behind her eyes. (1900/800)

"Don't let the Nyan Nyan's looks decieve you," Seth said. "She's the strongest level four-light monster in the game. Now, you might want to shield your eyes..."

Seth reached into his jacket pocket and pulled out a pair of black sunglasses. He put them on, completing the Matrix motif.

"I activate my face-down card, Light of Intervention!" he declared. The card rose into the air, and a bright light engulfed the field.

"With this card on the field, no one can set face-down monsters," Seth explained. "The light pierces through any surprises you might have. And it' only going to get brighter. I play a field magic card, Luminous Spark!"

A compartment popped out of the side of the duel disk, and Seth paced his card down. An orb appeared over the field and gave off a bright, shining light, like a miniture sun.

"Luminous Spark raises the attack poiints of all light-attribute monsters by 500 points," Seth said. "Itr also lowers their defense by 400 points. Gee, I wonder who has a Light-monster in defense mode?" (N: 2200/600), (TNN:2400/400), (ME: 1300/1600), (WotBF: 1100/1200)

"Now, it's time to clear the field! Neo, Nyan Nyan, attack!"

Neo slashed his sword through the Witch, and she was destroyed. The Thunder Nyan NYan unleashed a ball of electricity that destroyed the Mystical Elf.

"Finally, I place one card face-down and end my turn. But on my next turn, your Life points are gonna' be hurting. In fact, i might even finish you off completely. I told you, I've improved by light-years since we last met. You're just out of your league."

Seth glowered. "What? No one wants me to win? Aw, come on! I'm going to be the next Dule Monsters champion! Bigger than Raptor or Kieth or Wheeler...I'm going to be bigger than Seto Kaiba, or Yugi Moto himself! And you actually don't want me to win?"

Serena shook her head. "Hiro's my friend; of course I want him to win."

"Humph...fine, be that way. It's all the same to me. I'm still going to win; I have to. Hiro beat me before I became a rising star, so I have to take care of him to protect my reputation. It's nothing personal."

"You're just as egotistic as ever! I remember when we were little...you'd always try to beat me at everything so you would say you were the best. Well that's not gonna happen now, because you've failed to notice that I'VE also gotten better since we last dueled, and I'm about to bring you down!" Hiro said confidently. "Now, back to the duel. You destroyed my Witch, right? Well now I get to search my deck for a monster with a defense of 1500 or less. And I know just the monster to bring you down..."

Hiro searched his deck and pulled out a card and slipped it into his hand. He then reshuffled.

"OK, now I'll play the card I got with my Witch, Maha Vailo!"

A hologram of a Maha Vailo appeared on the field(1550/1400)

"And..." Hiro said sliding a card from his hand and placing it on his duel disk. "..I play a Black Pendant on my Vailo, raising her attack to 2550 because of her effect.

A pendant appeared around the Maha Vailo. It glowed and the Vailo looked up at Seth with a pair of glowing blue eyes.

"Also, because my Maha Vailo is a light monster, she gets the +500/-400 power bonus from your field magic card!" Hiro said smirking at Seth.(MV:3050/1000)"Now, my Vailo will attack your Thunder Nyan Nyan!"

Maha Vailo charged at the cat-like girl and slashed her across the chest. The TNN disappeared from the field andso did the card underneath it.

LP= Hiro:4000 Seth: 3350

"Your turn." Hiro said crossing his arms.

"You hurt my kitty," Seth said. "Well, I'm still in control of this duel. I'll draw..."

Seth examined the card that he drew. "Hmm...I play Eternal Rest. It destroys all monsters with equip cards. I'm well aware that Maha Valio is a powerful monster who also gain an advatage from my playing style, so I'm always prepared for one. I'll still fall because of the Pendant's effect, but it's a small price to pay!"

Seth plaed his magic card, and a ring of energy flew around Maha Valio. It enclosed the monster and destroyed it. Seth's life points fell to 2850.

"Now to avenge my kitty," Seth said. "I summon the Shining Abyss. (1600/1800). Its attack raises to 2100 because of the Luminous Spark card. Shining Abyss, attack!"

The Shining Abyss monster raised its hands and a beam of blue energy went out directly to Hiro's Life points, dropping them to 1900.

"To finish my turn, i switch Neo to defense mode." The Swordsman kneeled.

"I will wipe you out next turn, Hiro. If you actually knew my plan, you'd surrender right now."

"I've never gave up on aything in my life. That's what my father taught me and that's what I swore to him before his death, so what makes you think I'm ever gonna surrender to you?" Hiro said with a ferocious look in his eye. He drew his card, glanced at it, and put it in his hand.

"Now, it's time for you to witness the newest addition to my deck,
the Marauding Captain!" Hiro said putting the card onto the duel disk.

A soldier appeared on the field, wearing silver armor and holding a sword in each hand(1200/400).

"And due to his effect, I get to summon a level 4 or lower monster from my hand onto the field. And that monster is...Warrior Dai Grepher!"

Hiro placed the card on the duel disk and a rather buff man carrying a light blue sword in both hands appeared beside the captain.(1700/1600)

"Now, Seth, prepare yourself, because you're about to go down! I activate one of my facedown cards, the Fusion Sword Murasame Blade. It increases my Dai Grepher's attack points by 800!"

The sword in the Warrior Dai Grepher's hands disappeared and a new sword appeared in his hands, brightly emitting blue and red electricity.(2500/1600)

"And now my Dai Grepher will attack your Shining Abyss." Hiro said crossing his arms.

Dai Grepher's new sword slashed through the Shining Abyss like butter. It vanished from the field, and Seth's life points dropped from 2850 to 2350.

"I'll also have my Marauding Captain attack your Neo. putting him in defense position was a mistake."

The captain slashed down at the swordsman with both swords and cut Neo into 3 pieces. The swordsman vaporized, leaving no monsters left on Seth's side of the field.

"Let's see you come back from that one, Seth." Hiro said, letting Seth know it was his turn.

Seth chuckled and drew a card. "I respect your determination, Hiro," he said. "Don't worry; there's no harm in being beaten by the best. Now, I know that it's rather cliche to say this, but I wanted you to do that. I put Neo into defense mode on purpose. Why? Very simple."

Seth ran his finers through his hair. "See, if you'll notice, there are now more than two Light monsters in my graveyard. That means that now, their souls may join together, creating a new creature of holy raidience."

A bright light emerged from the graveyard portion of Seth's Duel disk. It split into two, and an image of the Thunder Nyan Nyan and Neo the Magic swordsman briefly appeared. The lights returned to one, and a new monster appeared.

"This is the Soul of Purity and Light," Seth explained. "My first two monsters are gone from the graveyard, lending her their energy. (2000/1800) And with Luminous Spark, she gets even more powerful. Her strength is equal to your Warrior. (2500/1400)"

"Soul of Purity and Light! Destroy the Maurading Captain!"

The angel released a blast of white light, and the Maurading Captain was destroyed. (Seth's LP: 2350, Hiro's LP: 600)

"Well...this duel's almost over," Seth declared. "Oh, by the way, in case you were thinking of using your Warrior in a kamikaze attack against my Soul of Purity and Light, you should know about her special ability."

The angel seemed to smirk as Seth described her powers. "On your turn, your monsters attacks will all drop by three hundred points. Them's the brakes. Well, make your move. You've dueled well, but I really don't see how you can win at this point."

Hiro stood there with a blank look on his face. 'Damn...he's got me cornered. There's nothing I can do....I've lo- Wait! I just need one more card and...' He drew his card and looked at it. A small grin came across his face.

"This game is over. It's been good, Seth, that I will admit. I hope to face you again someday. But as for now, I must make my leave. First, I'll summon the Amazon Archer in attack mode!"

A rather normal looking woman appeared on the field wielding a bow.

"Now, I'll play the card I just drew, The A. Forces. For every Warrior and Spellcaster-Type monster on the field, increase all of my Warrior-Type monsters attack by 200." Hiro said placing the card on the duel disk.(Dai Greph:2700/1600 Amazon Archer:1800/1000)

"And now, Seth, my Dai Grepher will attack your Soul of Purity and Light."

The creature slashed straight through the Soul of Purity and Light, and the Soul vanished. Seth's LP: 2150 Hiro's: 600

"Now my Archer will attack your life points directly!"

The Archer aimed her bow at Seth and fired. The hologram image of the arrow hit Seth and dropped his LP down to 350.

"And to finish this duel, I'll use my Archer's effect. I hate to offer my monsters like this, but I have to. There is no other option. I tribute my two monsters to do 1000 points of damage to your life points. And that means.." Hiro said closing his eyes, "...that this duel is over."

The two monsters formed together into one ball. The ball then transformed itself into an arrow and flew at Seth. It struck Seth, taking his life points down to 0.

Hiro turned his duel disk off and put his deck back in his deck box. He then turned and started to walk away.

"Not so fast, hotshot!" Seth said quickly. "I activated my Trap card before your monsters destroyed my life points. It's called 'Last Turn'. I think you know how it works. We each select one monster in our deck to do battle. The monster with the highest attack wins. This card negates the effects of my Luminous Spark, your A-Forces, and any monster effects, so it's just mano y mano."

Seth took out his dueling deck and selected a single card. "Well, I've got my card selected."

He placed it on his duel disk in face down defense mode.

"Place your card, Hiro. When you do, they'll switch to attack mode and fight it out. Whichever monster wins the battle, that player wins the duel."