Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Guest Tical
Posted
I know exactly what you mean.Evenif they watch liveaction, anime is usually more mature but good luck trying to get them to believe that
  • Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted
Hm...I don't live in a densely populated area, enough to know what everyone likes and stuff. I know a couple of people at my school who like anime, and I met them on line beforehand. I only have one actual "anime Buddy" as we call each other. But we were friends long before anime "came into our lives."
Guest Tical
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Shadow Misaki [/i]
[B]Hm...I don't live in a densely populated area, enough to know what everyone likes and stuff. I know a couple of people at my school who like anime, and I met them on line beforehand. I only have one actual "anime Buddy" as we call each other. But we were friends long before anime "came into our lives." [/B][/QUOTE]
I used to move a lot and theres always one other kid who likes anime. My cousin is constantly over and hes the only person who could possibly like anime more than me.
Guest Tical
Posted
wow. Vermont. Even Cape Cod is up for me. You confused me a little.
Guest cloud-strife
Posted
it shouldn't matter what others think if you like it do it (unless your a killer or terrorist of course) anime is for those who can appriciate it so don't be ashamed about what you like be proud and tell them at least I don't watch spongebob and if they have a come back leave go to a battle chat and let off some steam or better yet go to a roleplay room act as someone you want if you like anime it shouldn't matter what others say unless they threaten you then you hole up in your room and watch akira till the bad people go away and vash welcomes you to his world. but I could wright about 23 more sentences but I have given you enough of my wisdom to go about and remember if you like anime you aren't a dork you are the opposite you are the best (okay a little less than the best ) well now that I have shared my wisdom do you want me to shut up? *laughs
Posted
Originally posted by ReTarr
I figure most of you people here in the OB are young, and by young I mean in school. I figure everyone likes anime or else they wouldn't be here.

Well, I was wondering (I do that a lot) if you people are considered a dork for watching anime. I mean, I am. It's not a big thing where I live. It's hard to find it in movie rental places or even places to buy it. Only little kids watch it; sure there are others of course but if you're over ten you're consider a weirdo.

My friends just don't get it. They think I'm really weird for watching it. They like to watch stuff like Sponge Bob (nothing against him), but they don't like the japanese cartoons. I personally don't care what they think.

Is it like this for anyone else?

I know exactly what you mean. All the kids at my school, except my friend Misaki of corse, watch spongebob or some other weird show, yet they think anime is for little kids. Why are people like that? Any theories?
Posted
I don't know. Maybe because anime has an actual plot and storyline it's too much for them to handle. Spongebob is much easier to just take in and doesnt' really involve a brain. Of course no offense is intended! I'm not really one to talk since I'm obsessed with the Power Puff Girls.
Posted
Well here in my city next to the major city vancouver theres plety of people that like anime but theres no mob which is good because you dont have to worry about some discusion coming up in class or at school (which i say is bad because those who dislike anime dont understand it or dont know what it is shouldnt be involved in an anime discusion) even though there is a manga club at my school, that im not joining for the fact im not the best at drawing anime and because its mainly asian that can be pretty rasist about anime. But there is a convention here annualy which is growing rapidly even though i just learned about it a few days after it was over :(( so i would say anime isnt too big or too small yet if it could be used as a unifying factor it would be nice to have some new blood.
Posted
No it's not but then again who cares. I like it and that's all the matters. I know a few other people watch anime and read magna. And people think we're weird 'cuz we all like these things that come from Japan that they really don't understand. Well I have only one thing to say to all the hata's F*&K 'EM ALL!! Ok I feel better now that I got that off my chest but all of yall who have been called names and stuff just 'cuz you watch anime or read magna understand me.
B.T.W Get off Spongebob he's funny.
Posted
Nope, not here. Like many people have said before in this topic, most of the people in my school either say "What's that?", "Geez, you still watch baby cartoons?" or "DBZ? No, I think it's ****!/great! I can't wait for them to make the next few episodes!"...

Actually, DBZ isn't the only one people think you're talking about. They also think of Pokemon and Beyblade... >_<

There's no specific anime shops here, either. Bah, england sucks.
Posted
[color=purple] At my school it is kinda a mixed reaction, some people are like "Anime, you mean like sailor moon and dbz? That sucks!!" or "Did you seee that dbz/Yu-Gi-Oh episode when..." or "Hey, what are your favorites, i like inuyasha, trigun..." For the most part its the 1st or 2nd reply, but most peoplein my classes have gotten used to my anime-obsessed ness :rolleyes: [/color]
Posted
Anime is pretty big where I live, probably because Orange County has a huge Asian community...but its cool so we dont feel so outcast for liking it.
I mean my choir teacher watches Evengelion... it was so weird. Its funy how the most random people watch it
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted
Most of my friends watch anime, so it's big thing for people in school around here. I don't know if any adults in my area watch it, but no one in my family besides me watches it.
Posted
man where i live there is like no one that watches anime except a couple of people i know otherwise everyone else are basically a bunch of losers cause they don't even know what it is in the first place. I only have 1 friend that actaully watches anime otherwise the rest are wanna be's or prep's.no affence to anyone.Me and my sisters watch anime and my sis's boyfreind does.Then my lil sis has a couple of friends that do and thats only like 2 right there.well, not including all of the kiddy anime though like Pokemon.well, whatever you know what i meen.
Posted
I live waaay down in the south US, so it's not huge.. But as Narius said, it's got a little cult following. There's one pretty decent anime/comic store, and the clerks all know you after the third visit, 'cause hey, who else came in today? ?_?
Posted
[color=hotpink][size=1]What constitutues WAY down south? I live in the south and there's a pretty decent anime following here. It's not huge, but it's more than it's ever been. [/color][/size]
Posted
Yeah, I live here in the Anime capital, Oahu. Most of the translating is done here of Cali. It's really really big here cause about 75% of the population is a FOB, 2nd or 3rd gen Japaneese immigrant. PS, This might be the wrong place for this addendum but what the hell. Check my friend webcomic. I wish I drew this good...

Dancin Ari, WHOOO!!
[URL=http://www.pseudome.net/vvh/index.html][IMG]http://www.pseudome.net/vvh/vvh_mega.gif[/IMG][/URL]
(Sometimes you gotta act 14 or your head explodes... THANK GAWD IM A CO-ED!)
Posted
In my small little section of the world, you can watch anime and still be "in the in crowd". Most (or some I should say) of the "popular" kids in my school watch all kinds of anime. And even though my city isn't as big as NYC, it's still the biggest in the state. Even adults watch it here. Just the other day, I went into Suncoast, and saw at least 5 people over in the anime section, checking out the DVD's. And they weren't just picking up DBZ,(thought I have to admit half the section was full of it), they were picking up Kenshin, .hack, and others I am sorry to admit i haven't heard of before. So in answer to your question, I would have to say anime has quite a big following in my city.
Posted
In my area, anime isn't too popular. Save the occasional exception like myself, anime is considered 'geeky'. (LIES! All LIES!) I think that the reason is that here in the US, most people find anything animated 'childish'. Actually, it [I]really[/I] isn't popular. For example, I was buying DBZ: Ultimate Battle 22 for PS1, and I told the Entertainment Clerk what I wanted, and he looks at me and goes, "Are you sure?", gets me the game, and then gives me a look like I'm retarded! It's frustrating being in the anime-liking minority. (But it's worth it!:))
Posted
Only my friends and I like anime. No one else gives a crap. I don't get picked on for it. But only because I don't bother anyone that would care! ANIME IS AWESOME!
Posted
Well I must say that my freinds some of them like anime as much as I do: they buy dvds of anime, read mangas, have posters...etc and some of them don't but even if they don't they respect my choices and I respect theirs. And my non-freinds but still in my school persons, they are some off them that love too and some who don't. Oh and last year we started at our school a Anime Club when we had like sort of meetings on luch time recess and if you wanted you coulda come and watch anime and read mangas, hope this year it would still be there.
Posted
Well, I live in a small town about 2 hours from Montreal. And therefore have to drive there about once a month to pick up Shonen Jump or some other manga volumes. Also, we here in Canada (or maybe just me) don't get Cartoon Network or many good cartoon channels, so we miss out on Yu Yu Hakusho, Rouroni Kenshin, Inuyasha, and all the other unique or mature anime. Tix, do you happen to get any of those shows in Montreal? Unlike me?
Posted
I really don't know how popular it is in my school. I've seen one person wear a Beebop shirt, and one or 2 wear a DBZ shirt, but I'm not really sure how popular it is. I live in Grosse Pointe Michigan btw.
Posted
Well, my dad watches Yu-gi-oh, he gets a little mad if he misses weekday episodes, and he bought a cool Yu-gi-oh shirt! He probably doesn't even know that this makes him an otaku.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...