Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Wondershot [/i]
[B]Well, I live in a small town about 2 hours from Montreal. And therefore have to drive there about once a month to pick up Shonen Jump or some other manga volumes. Also, we here in Canada (or maybe just me) don't get Cartoon Network or many good cartoon channels, so we miss out on Yu Yu Hakusho, Rouroni Kenshin, Inuyasha, and all the other unique or mature anime. Tix, do you happen to get any of those shows in Montreal? Unlike me? [/B][/QUOTE]


Wow! Finally someone from Montreal (well near it). Well as you said I miss kinda all of these but I still get on YTV and Fox Kids Gundam, Digimon Frontier, Yu-Gi-Oh, POkemon but that's most of it...I usually go and buy dvds to a local shop near me to watch anime if not I don't get much on TV....
  • Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted
I am the ONLY person at my school who likes anime and manga (DBZ doesn't count) Plus I go to a reeaally small school, like 280 ppl pre-k thru 12th, sad ain't it? There's like nowhere near where I live to get anime or manga, I have to order off the internet, which so totally sucks. But oh well, it could be worse huh?

Lataz,
Lisha
Posted
theres quite a few of anime lovers where i live but i get picked on some times so i just hide my manga. most of the people are just little kids that live around my street.some of my friends like it too.
Posted
No it isnt at all where i live. NJ is like a separate continent from the rest of America it seems. I only know a few that watch anime series/movies and of the few that do they only basically watch the ones on AS and CN. Most anime is garbage to begin with and therefore i see why most people may not enjoy it. Oh well maybe NJ will spice up a bit and start to lean towards anime.
Guest pantalaimon
Posted
All mhy freinds don't even know what anime is and when i try to explain they go ahhahaa pokemon actually nobody i know knows the true meaning of anime boohhhooo i am so lonely.
Posted
ok im made fun of for watching anime but i dont cre and im still pop. plus it is hard to find good anime thats y they invented the internet to buy stuff off it :> and i only kno like 2 other people that watch it other than me
Posted
Well its a yes about anime in my town. There is a lot more people in my town than I thought that watch, but at the same time a lot of these people are afaid to tell anyone they watch it because of embarrassment and some other people only watch what it is popular. yet I do hang out with a group friends who are as obessed with anime as me so I don't really care what anyone else thinks.
  • 3 weeks later...
Posted
What can I say, here in Puerto rico. I honestly don't know ANYONE that likes ANIME. I run a Family business and I am also a Real Estate Agent, so I guess I would find by now somebody that tells me "hey, you like anime too?" No, that doesn't happen here. None of my friends like Anime, and hell, they don't even know what it is!!!!! I met once aguy that had a comic store not too far from the university but it was closed down, he went broke.

Also, I been seeing that many girls like anime and I've never found a girl that likes it. *sigh* Would love to meet that special someone and that she likes anime as I do.

And by the way. I'm 24. I don't consider to be THAT old so, It's not something a young boy/girl would only like. If like anime, good be proud of it. If someone has a problem with that, they just have to deal with it!!!!
Posted
Well it seems that there is this problem all over the world!!!

i live in the uk and I have looked at a couple of sites that support anime clubs around the country which are run mainly by university but i have a problem with transport :(

there is a club at a city about hour and half away (Nottingham) and being just turned 17 meaning that i am just learning to drive, but once that is over come i will be able to meet people who like anime like me and not live in complete isolation, even though my friend know i like anime they don't really care.

but i have decided once i am driving and after i finish my A-levels i am going to go to a anime con some where which would be nice :D
Posted
I'm kind of lucky, I live in Houston which is a pretty big city, and there are a lot of Asian people who live here. Their culture is not all that alien, so you see more anime/manga products than you might elsewhere. And while some people still look down on anime as a stupid cartoon, those people are usually of the "uncultured":drunk: variety.(ok, basically jerks)
Also, when I went to A&M there was an anime club you could go to whenever you wanted, and that was where I first got into it. :whoops:
Posted
There are maybe 10-15 people at my school who know what anime is. But I'm the only one who can correctly pronounce the word manga!
Posted
I live way out in the sticks not a load of people under stad anima
it dosent bother me when they say that Im filling my head with junk in stead of doing my high school JUNK I just blow them off...
My mom dosent really like the fact that I lounge around and watch shows like Inuyasha cowboy bebop vash bla bla bla but o well
im me and I know what I like

ps im not a country hick

[color=hotpink][size=1]PS. Do not double post. It is against the rules. Just go back and edit your original post. Thank you. *QA*[/color][/size]
Posted
[COLOR=GREEN] Its kinda weird where I live because its really half and half. OK that may not seem so weird at first, but I've been to both puplic and privet school and it seems there are more (a lot more) anime lovers in public school than in privet. In the privet school where I am now, many people haven't even heard of anime. [/COLOR]
Posted
[size=1]i live here..in an asian country..
we have many artists here who can draw manga..
they even started their own..
most people in our school knows everything about anime..
it's like anime has invaded our entire school..[/size]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by zaufier [/i]
[B][size=1]i live here..in an asian country..
we have many artists here who can draw manga..
they even started their own..
most people in our school knows everything about anime..
it's like anime has invaded our entire school..[/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

Wow...I wish I lived where you do. People think I am stupid for watching Anime, and I only have 1 (count it, no, 2) people at my school who watch Anime and love it close to how much I do. The people at my school are like, "Shut up with that Anime crap, Codi" When they won't shut the heck up with Baseball! I live in St. Louis, so we have a lot of Mark McGuire fans...ugggghhhh...
I mean, b-ball is ok, but you don't have to tell me the statistics of every game they ever played in starting from 1967 to this day. I get really mad sometimes because I don't have any friends. If I had any, they have stabbed my back. OK, I'm sorry If I am getting reel off topic, but I had to say something to you, because you sound reel cool :)!
Cocomi MYojin
Posted
Well i'm young I agree. I'm 17,so i'm still in school ect.

Well anime is not big at all in pitt. I mean there is one anime store about 4 hours away.

We do get alot fo anime posers.. and people that spend all their time on one anime and never watch anything else.
Posted
Anime is really popular where I live cause I always hear people talking about it and it gets me so excited cause I know other people love and watch the same Anime and it just makes me to wanna scream ANIME FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! at the top of my lungs.
Posted
I was thinking about going to Tokyo or something after I graduate from college...but I just don't know...I wanna be where everyone knows manga and anime...what they are...and not live in Washington where there's only my room mate to talk to about anime and everything....she's real cool but sometimes it's just boring talking about the same anime over and over...I live in a dull place...
Posted
I LOVE ANIME and so do my sisters. Not alot of people know what it is where we live. But we don't let that discourage us. I draw it sometimes. Anime ROX!!! People that call you dork and dweeb are just insecure about who they are.
Posted
You see, they think you're weird, but hey, who cares? Some of my friends do call me weird, but I don't care. I love anime, and I'm not going to change. It's just sho I am. You know?
So don't worry about what other people say, okay?
Posted
[color=teal]Here in my little forest-city, anime, manga, videogames, and the like raise a big question mark. It's sort of depressing when you try to communicate with people about a subject they know nothing about. It's even more depressing when you try speaking to someone you don't like who happens to be the only person that knows what you're talking about.

Maybe it's a personal thing.[/color]
Posted
Yeah, when I first said the word anime my friends said, "wha?" My friends watch BET and MTV (which I have no problem with) But I am probably the only one of my friends who watch anime.
My best friend thinks I'm crazy because I watch Inuyasha and she's never seen it. My family thinks I'm crazy because I like anime. Oh COME ON give me a break I think I am the only one in my family who likes anime (besides my boy cousins who watch Yu-Gi-Oh and stuff)
My cousins don't really watch mature rated anime like I do which is weird because the mature stuff is great, but my family thinks I'm just downright WEIRD watching anime.
But the good thing is I can buy DVDs and movies off the internet or go to Best Buy or something. But the weird thing is I don't have any mangas...
And my friends don't know what that is either :therock:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...