OtakuBoards

Popular?

Tien

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Tien [/i]
[B]How popular at your school/work/College?

Im got some good nice friends but im not that popular. [/B][/QUOTE]

I'm just like you, got some nice friends, but not popular, may be you're more popular than me. I'm the quiet one.

[color=deeppink]I understand Tien's curiousity...but believe me ladies and gents...I don't know how many of you are in high school or beyond, but once you DO reach HS, you'll realize that those types of things matter no more (at least to me they don't) :)

Personally, I don't know if I would be called "popular" or not...I have quite a few friends...but I still dunno...ask the other people who know me in real life what they think of me :p :D[/color]

Guest Voodookanaka
Today Ive had a wierd girl who knows my name shouting to me, some freaky drunk chick coming into the 'middle' of my maths lesson shouting Marko, I seem to be the topic of everyones conversations, ppl are constantly asking me if I know so and so, Ppl are either very boring or find me very interesting, I personally dont think its the latter.

its my first year in high school,and ive only been in school for a couple of months, im in a sport so im defently climbing that ladder. its only a matter of time... im always going to a new school at one time or another, in jr. high i was popular and left a mark when i left too.
~i get mo booty than a tolite~
~im like air, you cant see me but you need me to survive~
[EnD]

well, im not popular, but i have many friends. hlaf of them are popular but that doesn't necessarily make me popular. anywho, heres sum info:
1)By definition, being popular shuld be having a lot of friends. But the real definition is like this:
-For a guy to be popular he needs to have at least a few of these things: Play sports, "Cute", Personality.
-For a girl it's somewhat more simple: "Hot" (or basic good looks), Cheerleader, Personality.
2)This does not mean that just because u play a sport or are a cheerleader that u are automatically popular. i have a friend who plays JV Soccer and he isn't popular and i no unpopular cheerleaders.
3)In terms of school this is how popularity works (babygirl slightly touched on this):
-Elementary (k-5): There is no such thing as popularity, everyone is friends.
-Junior High (6-8): very quickly people divide up into groups. thus the popular group is formed.
-High School (9-13): Slowly the idea of "popularity" fades away. as a 9th grader, i really felt it at the beginning of the year, but now i feel it going away slowly.

And thats how popularity works. I figured this all out by the end of 7th grade. I then told my sister all about how quickly the popular group is formed and how u can get in in the first week if u no wut ur doing. Currently, she is one of the most popular girls in 7th grade.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Cera [/i]
[B]Popular?

Eh...there's a lot of leeway with that word.

I've got a few friends, that's all I need--or want. [/B][/QUOTE]

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

i [I]knew[/I] [B]YOU[/B] would reply here!!

In HS I pretty much knew 80% of my class (liek senior, junior, etc kinda class)... they knew me... these are the people I grew up with... most I've known since I moved here, in the second grade... I knew the preppys, the jocks (well some, most of them have too low of an intelligence to even bother striking a conversation with... but the ones I did kno was from playing sports with them) the geeks, the punks, the goths, the African Americans, and whatnot.... the only people I stayed away from was the hicks.... they were stupid, lloud, annoying.... just ugh people....

However in college, I don't know alot of people... in all of my classes I know nobody.... there really is no such thing as a popularity ladder in college.... i mean, unless you win the Hiesman or something.... And alot of people from my HS don't even go to my college.... so you start over... get to know different people who live in different places... some from out of state, some from out of this country.... like this girl in my Gov. Class... she just moved here from Japan a year and a half ago.... I never met someone like that in HS... and then you have older people... this lady in my Humanities class has 2 kids and has been married 20 years... she's older than the teacher... so you don't really have that popularity status you did in HS... it's a totally unique world in college... which make it so much better than HS

Guest Twisted Face
i think im popular. actually i think im verry popular.in a five minute passing period i can shake hands with about 25 people.and im always talking to somebody.everyone in all of my classes know my name,too bad i only know about half of the people in each class.about 30 people i dont know at all tell me hi in the hallway,so i just say hi back.but i dont know,i could be wrong.

Like Baby Girl said. None of that stuff really matters in high school and not to me. Sure I have alot of friends and pretty much everyone in the Freshman, Sophomore, and Junior grades know me. But I don't consider myself popular. Like I said, my friends know who they are, they know who I am so it don't really matter what you try to label me as. Although I've been given a label by a few friends that fits me. A rebel, and I kinda' like it. I've been labeled rebel. More punk than punk. I don't follow stupid dress trends (**** trendies!), have my own musical tastes besides mainstream, and I ran through the school in a gorilla mask last year, and I go against the grain of the school system alot, I wear my hair the way I want to even if it is in spikes that causes unease in my family, and I don't give a f*** what anyone says. I'm a rebel! And d*** proud of it!

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Twisted Face [/i]
[B]i think im popular. actually i think im verry popular.in a five minute passing period i can shake hands with about 25 people.and im always talking to somebody.everyone in all of my classes know my name,too bad i only know about half of the people in each class.about 30 people i dont know at all tell me hi in the hallway,so i just say hi back.but i dont know,i could be wrong. [/B][/QUOTE]

oh man you are popular. dont you jus love the attention. it was exactly like that for me in jr high. all the freshman had my back, so i pretty much had power. the only down side is someone always wanted to fight me or make fun of me jus so they can try and rise above me. i knew i was popular when some of my most enimies offered to be friends, and when chicks that didnt even waste time to look at me started giving me there numbers.

Too much popularity corrupts you and you basically become an @sshole....

Popularity is like money and politics... all it does is make your ego bigger... then you think you're god.... then you look like a stupid @sswhipe.... well 90% of the time... there are exceptions... I never consider myself VERY popular.... people may know me, but that doesn't mean I'm popular.... I never wanted to be popular... all the people I can't stand are either the annoying people or the popular jackasses.... it's true... believe it or not... the popular people are always the ones getting shi? talked about them behind their back... they just don't know because their ego is to d@mn big....

Excuse the use of language.... it was used for emphasis purposes only

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Transtic Nerve [/i]
[B]the popular people are always the ones getting shi? talked about them behind their back... they just don't know because their ego is too d@mn big....

[/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]Ahaha, this is so true that it made me laugh out loud...literally.[/color]

Guest Twisted Face
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Transtic Nerve [/i]
[B]Too much popularity corrupts you and you basically become an @sshole....

Popularity is like money and politics... all it does is make your ego bigger... then you think you're god.... then you look like a stupid @sswhipe.... well 90% of the time... there are exceptions... I never consider myself VERY popular.... people may know me, but that doesn't mean I'm popular.... I never wanted to be popular... all the people I can't stand are either the annoying people or the popular jackasses.... it's true... believe it or not... the popular people are always the ones getting shi? talked about them behind their back... they just don't know because their ego is to d@mn big....

Excuse the use of language.... it was used for emphasis purposes only [/B][/QUOTE]dude,i was just saying.do you think im a jackass?

Guest Master O Beans
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by DuoGod of Death [/i]
[B]

I am popular...WEll actually I am a bridge, I have friends of every type...:D [/B][/QUOTE]

Haha, A bridge...that's me alright!!! It was funny, at my graduation open house... my basement was split into several cliques...

1 - Jocks and Preps
2- Theatre Kids (Friends from drama)
3- Druggy friends
4- Party Pals (The Fedewa Crew - hehehe) Basically all hott girls..
5- and Misc.

Heh, I had quite a diverse group of friends :)

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Master O Beans [/i]
[B]

Haha, A bridge...that's me alright!!! It was funny, at my graduation open house... my basement was split into several cliques...

1 - Jocks and Preps
2- Theatre Kids (Friends from drama)
3- Druggy friends
4- Party Pals (The Fedewa Crew - hehehe) Basically all hott girls..
5- and Misc.

Heh, I had quite a diverse group of friends :) [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]Haha...Kt and I pointed that out while being there...I floated between the Theatre Kids and the Fedewa Crew...[/color]

Guest Master O Beans
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by BabyGirl [/i]
[B]

[color=deeppink]Haha...Kt and I pointed that out while being there...I floated between the Theatre Kids and the Fedewa Crew...[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

Hehe, for sure :D

...hiding tonight eh?:rolleyes: