OtakuBoards

Non-canon hetero pairings?

MillieFan

Note: this is not a *favorites thread* and I have permission from a board mod to post.

Secondly, if you're a yaoi fan, please be nice about it. I'm not asking you not to post here, just not to flame or turn this into a yaoi/anti-yaoi debate. . .

What non-canon hetero pairings in fanfiction do you like the most, or are there pairings you think you'd like to see? Why would it work, or why wouldn't it work? Have you personally written a non-canon, non-yaoi pairing?

As for me, I've personally written (and am continuing to write) a Trigun fanfic with the Legato/Milly pairing. While you either have to go alternate universe or misinterpret episode 24 onward in writing it, the characters do actually match somewhat well with both in character and with one out of character, there is something you can work from as a reason for their relationship, and it's just an interesting pairing.

However, I don't think it would work because (possible spoiler for those of you reading my fanfic if I take it this way) [spoiler]she would leave him or reject him totally in disgust, or he would kill even her.[/spoiler]

I like and would like to see more of:

Cloud/Yuffie (from FFVII): these characters are so much alike, and I think it would work better than Cloud/Tifa or Cloud/Aeris simply because of that. Also, in writing it, there is no need to go out of character with either or to alter the events of the game much. The only thing I don't think would work about this pairing woule be that both characters are such incredibly selfish loners.

Speaking of selfish loners, I think Squall/Quistis (FFVIII) is a better pairing than Squall/Rinoa simply because Rinoa was IMHO too whiny and the canon Squall/Rinoa relationship was simply implausible and OOC.

I don't know if it's canon or not yet (LOL) but I'm increasingly a fan of Roger/Dorothy (Big O) because these characters just seem to match each other so well, their interaction with each other is good, and it's just interesting and would bring up so many issues. I don't think it would work with anything but the best writers though, and that's why I myself don't touch this one: a relationship between a human character and an android character is just too easy to exploit for the lemon factors or to alternately write as a mere friendship rather than as an angsty forced to be platonic love.

As you may know, I am a fan also of the Vash/Rem pairing (Trigun) because I think there is grounds for it in the series, it's not [i]too[/i] squicky so long as you understand that Rem wasn't his mother or any direct relation, and it's just an interesting theory and would actually explain a lot of things in the anime. . .however, it wouldn't work unless you wrote a major alternate universe where [spoiler]she lived and they found each other[/spoiler] or it was set as angst (like this fic posted on fanfiction.net called "Trigun Blossoms" that was really good for that angle-my only complaint was that it was first-person POV rather than the third-person narrative I usually prefer)

Lastly, one other non-canon Trigun pairing I like the idea of (although I haven't seen it anywhere) is Vash/Milly. Unlike most non-canon pairings, this one actually would have a reason for existence (i.e. the characters not wanting Milly's child to be without a father since [spoiler] Wolfwood died [/spoiler]), it would be totally in-character, and like few others, no changes to the series itself or alternate universes would need to be made. Also it would be just. . .so. . .kawaii :love: :love2:

Guest dayday
I've written a few pairings, but I'm not going to tell you them. The reason of that is because I don't remember them right now. My memory sucks. But now I'm going to comment on yours.

For Cloud/Yuffie you had some things right. They'r both loners but I don't see how you got the rest of it. Yuffie talks a lot and Cloud sits in the corner thinking about Sephy all day. I don't see how you got them as the same.

The next two: Squall/Quistis and Roger/Dorothy. They go together very well indeed. Since they are always both around each other and get jealous (obviously) when they see them with someone else. And Rinoa is too whiny and she tries way too hard to get close to Squall. But the Roger Dorothy thing, I wouldn't want to see how that turns out. Androids and Humans would be a weird relationship and it would be hard to move around certain parts in it.

Vash/Rem pairing is seriously weird. Vash is almost 200 years old and Rem died in her early 20's it looks like. So unless it was while she was still alive and Vash was only 1 or 2 then it wouldn't work. Unless somehow she survived and found Vash. But that's not likely cause she would have to be old cause she ages.

I don't like the one with Vash and Millie. It's Vash and Maryl. But when did Millie have a child. :confused: Anyways, if she did she would need someone to take care of it. Since she was the youngest in her family she never had anyone under her to help raise or whatever.

Ummmm, my spoiler says it all in as short of a way as I could (LOL, my post was bordering on the word limit). If you don't mind even more spoilers for episode 23 and beyond, go check out theotaku.com's site.

Basically, the dub dropped the reference so if you've never seen the subtitled and never seen the site, then it's quite understandable why you'd miss that.

Anyway. . .^sigh^ I'm currently working on a new fanfic. I'll be posting it soon. . .however my big problem is posting fanfics and never finishing them. I've only finished one LOL.

I never finished my longest story because I can't find information on the song for the epilogue and couldn't make it work, and I couldn't finish my latest humor story (the one where Wolfwood tries to stop smoking) because I am totally unable to think of what the next chapter should be. . .and it's like I've totally lost my sense of humor again ^sigh^

[size=1] :D I used to like [b]Cloud/Yuffie[/b], too, but I've sort of gotten over it. She's better that Aerith and Tifa, anyway.[hohoho] But everyone knows that Cloud'll [i]eventually[/i] be mine. ^_^;;

Meh...well, ever since I've played Kingdom Hearts, I've been toying around with the idea of [b]Leon[Squall]/Yuffie[/b] for a while. [spoiler]Rinoa is dead, and the only ladies around in Kingdom Hearts are Yuffie, Aeris, and Kairi.[/spoiler] Dunno if it's non-canon or not...

[b]Spike/Faye[/b] from Cowboy Bebop. Call me weird, but I think it's a nice couple. O_o. :toothy:

[b]Shinji/Rei[/b] ::dodges various pointy objects:: I dunno if this couple is cosidered non-canon, but I like to imagine Shinji with Rei rather than Asuka. [spoiler]Besides, Kaworu is dead. ::sobs uncontrollably::[/spoiler][/size]

Guest dayday
Oh, something must be wrong with my eyes. I didn't even seen that spoiler, ^_^;; oops. I got a little tip for you. If you come to a part in a story, and you can't think of anything to say, think really farther ahead to a part that would really funny, emotional, etc. That way I usually want to get to that part fast before I forget it and just come up with anything to use in the bext part. It comes out good too.

I don't really write romance fanfics becasue i tend to create a sequel to the sereis its about. and i mean a sereis about 14 episodes worth. But if i did, it would probably either be a Domon/allibe pairing from G Gundam or Sano/Misou pairing in Ruroini Kenshin. Actually i could do that. I have a pretty extensive knowledg on Japanese history. Cool.

[COLOR=orangered](I don't write Fanfiction)

Call me wierd, but I used to like reading about [b]Sephiroth/Aeris[/b]. O_o They do look kinda cute together. But I know it wouldn't work in the game. After all, [SPOILER]he did kill her.[/SPOILER] I also used to read about [b]Sephiroth/Tifa[/b], too. 0_0;; Wierd. Still fun to read though.

I usually end up liking some pairings that don't have much interaction in the game/anime at all, too.

Some of them make good fanfics, I once read a really good [b]Vincent/Elena[/b] fanfic.

Now with non-canon anime pairings:

[b]Legato/Dominique[/b]. ... I just think they look nice together. I dunno if it'd actually work, though.

That's all I can really think of right now... well ones that I like, anyways.:sweat:[/COLOR]

Meeheehee... ^^ Most of what I write is Yu-Gi-Oh, and a LOT of it is non-canon. *snicker* Let's see... [b]Malik/Anzu (Tea)[/b] is one of my favorites, as is [b]Ryou/Shizuka/Bakura[/b]. [b]Isis/Seto[/b] and [b]Mai/Seto[/b] are nice too. *^^* But my favorite is probably [b]Rebecca/Mokuba[/b]. *snicker*

Let's see, what other genres do I write... Oh! In Ranma I absolutely [i]love[/i] [b]Ryoga/Ukyou[/b]. *shrug* That could be considered canon, I guess, but whatever...

Hm... Gundam Wing I write mostly canon, except for two pairings. ^^\\// [b]Cathrin/Quatre[/b] and [b]Cathrin/Treize[/b]. ^o^ All hail weird romances!

Non-canon means that it's not in the official storyline. Like, for instance, on Sailor Moon, Usagi/Mamoru (Serena/Darien) is a canon pairing, but, say, Minako/Mamoru (Mina/Darien), isn't. ^~ Hetero means hetrosexual, or guy/girl, as opposed to guy/guy (yaoi) or girl/girl (yuri). Hope that helps.

Don't the Final fantasy actual pairings always kinda frustrate you? I always want to be able to have some say in which characters get together in those games. Maybe FF12 will allow us to chose those paths.... Ok howabout Jet and Faye from Bebop? That would be so whacky. she is older than him technically.

[color=orange][b]I've always liked Eriol/Tomoyo (Card Captor Sakura), Mai/Jounouchi (Yu-Gi-Oh), Koryou/Kohaku (Wish), and Bit/Leena (Zoids Century Zero). I have no finished works of any of them, but many works in progress...(Abenaki: Procrastinator...) No, I'm not! *stops for a minute* :sweat: Okay, so maybe I am sometimes.[/color][/b]

Why, 'cause you want him for yourself? :p [Ducks sharp objects]

I usually throw in one or two pairings, and I try to make them pairings that are logical but that you don't see every day (I've long gotten tired of the usual each-the-same-as-the-last-ten lead/lead romance fics. Booooring!)

I always knew you were the clever one, Devi. ^_~

The funny thing is, Aurikku is one of the most popular Auron couples, which makes no sense. They hardly interact during the game, and people use the Squall/Rinoa example to support Aurikku. *takes Devi's sharp objects and hunts those people down*

As far as Digimon goes, I still support Takari. HA! :p