ilikepie Posted August 9, 2003 Posted August 9, 2003 I don't really know where to put this, so i put it here. If there's a better forum for this please tell me so i can move it.Thanks^^ Has anyone ever seen or played a game with an "Adults Only" rating. I never have but if you have, what game was it and what characteristics did it have to merit an Adults Only rating?
Gohan Egret Posted August 9, 2003 Posted August 9, 2003 This is the best I could find (I took out the link due to its possible "violent" intentions)"Intense Violence" (first ever) was given to [spoiler]Postal 2[/spoiler], but it is still rated Mature. As for an actual AO game...to my knowledge the only ones that exist are the ones at truck stops which are made by Playboy. :p Other than those, I have a heard a rumor of one (it may have been a joke) where you had the ability to take lead pipes and shove them through the bodies of people. The name escapes me at the moment...since that was years ago of which I read of it... Others that are close are: [spoiler] Grand Theft Auto 3 & VC BMXXX [/spoiler]
Turkey Posted August 9, 2003 Posted August 9, 2003 The game you're thinking of is Thrill Kill. If you look hard enough, you can actually find copies of the game. However, not by legit means...
Sniglefager Posted August 9, 2003 Posted August 9, 2003 The onl AO game I ever heard of was Neurodancer for the 3DO, but I never played. I would guess almost all AO games could only be found on computers, though, and not consoles.
Semjaza Posted August 9, 2003 Posted August 9, 2003 Thrill Kill was never on track to be AO. Adults Only is reserved for generally bad things, generally as graphic as possible. Extremely graphic drug use would be one. Nudity and sexual situations don't cause it, although I'm sure fully shown sex would. I can't really see any simply violent game getting AO, mostly because there have been worse things since then. Fallout 2 for example, allows you to kill children, pimp a whore out and other things. It just got a M rating. Nothing on a console has ever made use of the rating that was of importance (as in nothing on any of the main consoles from Nintendo, Sony or Sega) In fact, I can't even think of any adult PC game that has used the rating because they usually skip the ESRB altogether to my knowledge. The games are special order as it is. I'm sure there are plenty around though.
Nate Posted August 19, 2003 Posted August 19, 2003 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Gohan Egret [/i] [spoiler] Grand Theft Auto 3 & VC BMXXX [/spoiler][/QUOTE] ah yes, that second game is fuuuuun. [spoiler] especially the strip challenge[/spoiler] Anyways, me and my friends were talknig, and no game that we knew of ever got one. I tryed to design one in my brain, i figured it would be like, [spoiler]you play as a girl and you have sex with guys, and they give you rating. The entire thing is sex, and you press different combos to do diferent things.[/spoiler] But this is from perverted little me *waves*
Guest King_Cloud690 Posted August 31, 2003 Posted August 31, 2003 Well I have seen a few but neva played em! Usually they are rated AO because of nudity or EXTREME violence!
Pagan Posted September 3, 2003 Posted September 3, 2003 Dead or Alive vollyball. The girl would score and dance and then strip.Enough said.
Zanarkand Abes Posted September 15, 2003 Posted September 15, 2003 Playboy isn't even going to be AO and you publish the freakin' magazine!
The Original Posted September 17, 2003 Posted September 17, 2003 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Hells Fire [/i] [B]Dead or Alive vollyball. The girl would score and dance and then strip.Enough said. [/B][/QUOTE] First of all, the girls in that game don't strip. Jiggle, yes. Strike soft-core porn poses, yes. But there is no nudity, desbite any BS codes you happen to see on the 'net. Secondly, it didn't even get an AO rating. It has an M. Do you even looks these things up? To get on topic though, no, I haven't played an AO game. Frankly, I think any game that has a rating that high (or low, depending how you look at it) isn't worth playing. The GTA series has whoring, shooting, drugs, alcohol, and it only has an M rating. I love those games, but sometimes find them a little extreme. If a game gets an AO, then, in my opinion, it is only a cheap attempt to intice people with more blood, gore, sex, and drugs then an R-Rated movie.
Xyandar Posted September 17, 2003 Posted September 17, 2003 I have played 1 AO game. it was for SNES lol. Called Hentai Columns hehe. yea it wasnt to good. but was nudity so they rated it AO.
anime_guy Posted September 28, 2003 Posted September 28, 2003 hey.. send me a cpy of that game... j/k lol
Morpheus Posted October 20, 2003 Posted October 20, 2003 According to many articles in big mags like NP and GI, AO is Simulated sex. All AO games are, as you said, are illegal retail-wise.
anime_guy Posted November 4, 2003 Posted November 4, 2003 illegal? well, if theya re sold in an adult store, they are perfectly fine... I am now 18.. yeah!.. lol. I wounldn't buyt hose kinds of games! *wink, wink nudge* really... I... nevermind...
Nate Posted November 4, 2003 Posted November 4, 2003 Actually, all the consoles won't alow an AO Game to be made. Sony and Netendo and Sega won't do it, so there can't be any...So i an way, it is illigal.
anime_guy Posted November 5, 2003 Posted November 5, 2003 Yeah.. Well, actually, some people I know have some AO games.. and I'm sure there are some out there.. in stors approriate for them, I mean, from a while ago.. not reacently.. thanks to all the overprotective moms O.o... I mean, If it's AO, then your kids can't buy it themselves, and then the mom sure as hell won't get it, so whats the harm of one?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now