Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
Yeesh, I've been playing around with my paint programs and created a Chrono Cross banner. Tell me what y'all think, just don't flame me to a crisp cause I have a bad paint program:mad:. Criticism and suggestions are appreciated. :toothy:
Wondershot
Posted
Hey, don't you already have a thread for banners?

Well, this one's good too. The only problem is that it's kinda hard for people to read the text that says: Wondershot. I can read it, but others can't. So, here's my rating:

Newest banner: 9.7/10

Keep 'em comin'! Laterzez!!

~:cross: Lalalalalalalala~
Posted
Hehe, yeah, the words are kind of hard to read. :) For a second I thought "Life" said "Tifa." That was confusing.

I also don't completely understand why you have only their bodies on the banner and not their heads ... Couldn't really tell it was Chrono Cross except that you told us.

But anyway. Not bad for your first one. Keep it up :)
Posted
[color=green][size=1][i]Its alright, but I dont like how you can only see thier bodies. The font is ok. Oh and another thing for some reason its a little fuzzy so you might want to check into that. I'll rate it 8/10.[/color][/size][/i]
Posted
Hmm, well I appreciate the criticism, and yes, it was a little weird but only because I felt like doing it (to each their own, well said klinanime1). Anyway, here is my newest attempt, a banner of Reid from Tales of Destiny 2. I threw it together in a few minutes, so it isn't that creative, but I kinda like it. Tell me what y'all think. If anyone wants any of my banners for some reason, just ask.
Posted
well....there pretty good but i dont really like them that much.

the first one i give a 4/10

the secound one i give a 5/10......sorry i just really dont like them that much. just keep working on them and you'll get better
Posted
This one's really good. The pic is definatly well done, and the text is very easy to read (many have been having problems with text). The background is good, too. So, here's my rating:

Reid Banner: 9.4/10

Very good job. Keep 'em comin'!

~Laterzez!!~
Posted
I like the second one better than the first one as well. I think you could do with some better fonts, though, and the orange looks a little harsh against the blue. It does match the guy's hair, but maybe if it was a little bold or stronger. Anyway, I think it's definitely an improvement over the first one :).
Posted
Ok, here is my latest attempt, a banner featuring images from Devil May Cry 2. Unfortunately for me, there is no room to put my name, but no big. I found the images as screenshots, so excuse the poor quality. It's not great, but I like the effect.
Posted
Nice job. I like the red and how the pics fit in. I can't really tell what some of them are, but it's still good. The text is also well done. Now, time for ratings!! Oh boy!! My rating:

DMC2 Banner: 8.6/10

Good job. Keep 'em comin'!!
Posted
The pictures are a bit hard to see and pixelly, and the text... I dunno... the font is just odd.
Your second banner was nice, something about the colors didn't *click,* but good job. I can't do any banners worth looking at, so good job.
Posted
[color=blood red][size=1][i]Reid banner-8/10
DMC2 banner-5/10

I gave the first one a good rating because it is pretty good. The DMC banner wasnt that good the pics were kinda small and otherwise i would have liked it.[/color][/size][/i]
Posted
I just got PSP7! I'm so happy!:D To commemorate the event, I made an animated Zone of the Enders banner. Tell me what you think, I have yet to learn all the tricks.
Posted
[color=darkblue][size=1]Um, Meteora... I think that's what he was going for on the 3rd banner. =P

The banners are very good. What program are you using, because if you're using regular paint, then those are [b]very[/b] good... :shifty:

The effects you used on the DNC banner, where it goes from blood red to black, is very good. I like it. Nice job, Wondershot! I hope to see more of them! ^^

[b]Rating/s:[/b]

Chrono Cross: 7.3/10 (Only because it was just their bodies...)
Reid: 8.9/10
DMC: 8.8/10

[Edit] I just saw your new banner! WOW! You have really improved! The newest one is just... wow. :eek: I really enjoy it!

[Rating:[/b] 10/10 Congrats! ^_^[/color][/size]
Posted
[color=blue][size=1]I'm kinda bored, so I'll just skip the intro and get onto the rating for your newest banner. Here it is...:

Animated Banner: 8.9/10

The text that says 'Wondershot' is just... ewww. I don't like the color. The pics are okay, but it's hard to tell what they are. The animation that changes the banner is good, but still needs some work.

That's all for my constructive critism... So... Um... *coughs*... Oh right!! Laterzez!!

~Meow... o_O;~[/color][/size]
Posted
Hey man :)

For the Devil May Cry one (even though that was ages ago), I think the borders could be a darker color, and also maybe all a more consistent thickness (the leftmost one looks thicker than the middle one. And the bottom part of the border on the middle on looks thicker than the other parts, ... maybe that's an optical illusion.) Then again this was before you got a decent program so you are excused :).

The animated Z.O.E. one is pretty cool. Of course I don't touch animation anymore so I'm easily impressed ;). The area around the text looks a little distorted, though. And the final screen where it says "Wondershot" looks a little corny ... no offense :). Maybe a different font.

On the latest one: It sort of looks like you just copy-and-pasted in the images ARTommy supplied you, although I don't know. I personally don't like the look where there are two obviously separate images. I'd rather you cut out the characters and gave them a new background, or made the middle background a similar color, or something that makes them look like they [i]belong[/i] together. Maybe giving them similar borders like you did for the DMC one. I like the text effect, though.

Sorry if I'm harsh :) You are just learning on a new program, after all. Keep it up!
Posted
Uh huh, thanks for the advice, you're right about the cut and paste thing, so I'll try and integrate it better next time.
Here is one of ny strangest bits yet. I just started messing around with PSP and used a lot of special effects to make this. Tell me what you think.
(PSP is like drugs, you have to experiment :p)
Posted
[color=darkblue][size=1]It's pretty good. There [i]is[/i] a flaw though. The text and background do not mix. I had to actually squint a little to be able to read it. The background looks a little funny as well. What is it, don't mind me asking?

[b]Rating:[/b] 7/10[/color][/size]
Posted
It's just a weird banner I made using several sunburst and neon effects. I don't think it turned out half bad, actually.
Here is my latest bit, an animated avi used from pics I motion captured from Outlaw Star. It's basically a piece of the opening.:p Tell me what y'all think.

EDIT: Oops, too big, here is the real one

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...