OtakuBoards

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance

duelist22

[color=indigo]It's a completely different story from the original FFT. Like games in the main series, FFT and FFTA aren't related, except for the battle system.

Heh, something funny happened while playing earlier. I named my clan the Red Wings, after the fleet of airships in FFIV. Now I'm fighting this group of bandits called the Redwings, lol. One mission even had me fighting three enemies called Cindy, Mindy, and Sandy (the Magus Sisters). Gotta love those references to earlier games in the series, heh.

As for progress, I'm up to 50 hours (exactly to the minute, heh) of play time, and Marche is up to level 20 with 105 or so missions completed. Also, I'm finally making use of all 24 characters in my clan, and except for a couple of them, they're all in the level 14-16 range (not including Marche, that is). I love having so many characters to work with.[/color]

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I love the jobs system!

Right now, I'm about 40 hours in the game, and finished about 80 or so missions. Gawd, I HATE getting Missions Items! o_<

I'm currently wanting two more Moogles, I want a Mog Knight (CUTE!!!) and a Gunner. My other Gunner got killed in a damn Jagd region. :twitch: StupidstupidstuuuupidGAH!!

I currently have a Beastmaster, Montblanc (Blk-Mage), Marche (Soldier but now a Fighter...I just LOVE that Doublehand ability!), White Mage (Viera...I'm gonna make her a fierce Red Mage with every magic attack i.e. summoning abilities :demon: ) an Archer (Viera...gonna make her an Assassin), a human Thief (will be a Ninja) another White Mage (Nu Mou, but dunno what to turn him into yet), a Hunter, a Blue Mage, and I think that's about it.

And can someone tell me how and where to get a stinkin' SWORD BREAKER for my THIEF???? :moron: I'm not turning him into a Ninja until he learns Steal: Weapon. (Hehehe....)

[color=indigo]Dunno where to get a Sword Breaker. I haven't seen one yet.

As for your Nu Mou, I suggest changing him to a Illusionist after he learns a good amount of white magic. Phantasm abilities are awesome--they hit every enemy on the battlefield, no matter what (unless it misses, of course). Or, if you can't switch to Illusionist straight from White Mage (I went from White Mage to Black Mage to Illusionist), go for a Sage. (Though I think you need a few Beastmaster abilities for that). Sages learn pretty powerful attack magic, such as Water and Aero. Or you could just switch to Black Mage and get both white and black magic, then switch to one of the other classes.

And if you have the katana that teaches Double Sword (I forget its name), [i]switch your Thief to a Ninja![/i] Double Sword lets you hold two swords, meaning two attacks. [i]But,[/i] it takes 999 AP to master, so you'll want to get as early a start on it as you can. It's [i]dang[/i] useful, since you do double the damage with each attack. Besides Marche, Nikolai (my Ninja) is my best fighter now. And besides, you can always change back to a Thief once you find a Sword Breaker.

And if I were you, I wouldn't switch from White Mage to Red Mage. Red Mages can only learn low level black and white magic. The most powerful black magic my Red Mage has learned are the first level elementals (fire, ice, and thunder), plus Poison. You'd be better off switching a Fencer to a Red Mage, so that you have good physical attacks and weak magic. If you switch from White Mage to Red Mage, you're going to have weak physical attacks, weak black magic, and strong white magic, which you'd have as a White Mage anyway. If you can, I'd say go from White Mage to Elementalist. Though of course, this really all depends on what the character started out as. If she started out as an Archer or Fencer, you should be fine, but if she started as a White Mage, you won't get a very good Red Mage.

And you should really use at least one Bangaa; they're the most powerful fighters in the game. Start one out as a White Monk and learn Air Render and Counter. After you learn those two, switch to a Warrior and learn a few abilities until you can switch to Dragoon. (Downsize and Shieldbearer are two of the most useful). Dragoons are awesome--I absolutely love them. If they're using a spear, their attack extends out two squares instead of just one, they can learn Jump for an even longer range attack, and they also learn Fire Breath, Ice Breath, and Bolt Breath, which go out in a T pattern. My Dragoon Wilder was one of the best fighters I had, even when he was two levels lower than my other good fighters. (Currently I have him as a White Monk learning Counter, since I didn't have him learn it earlier).

Also, on any Fighters that you've got, you might want to switch over to Paladin for a bit to learn Weapon Def+, a Support Ability. I have that on Marche, and arrows never do over 10 damage to him anymore. ^_^[/color]

Bangaas can also learn Bangaa Cry. It's got the same range as the breath abilities, but it does more damage. Another idea for a Bangaa is instead of learning counter, have them switch to Templar and learn Bonecrusher. It's the same as Counter, but with 1.5 times the damage. Very useful.

So far, I've found Vieras to be the least useful, but that's probably because I don't have an Elementalist or Summoner yet. Snipers are pretty good, but, as Des said, Red Mages are almost useless. The good thing abou them is that you can have a Viera with Black Mage spells. However, there is a good mix you can get with them. Have a Red Mage learn Sleep, then switch to a Sniper and get Death Sickle. Then...put your enemies to sleep, and use Death Sickle, which puts Doom on them. :devil: Since they are asleep, there's 100% hit rate, and the countdown will be at 1 when they wake up. Muahahaha...

My Nu Mou is probably my most versatile character. He started as a White Mage, and thus knows Cure, Cura, Curaga, Esuna, Life, and Shell. He also learned Turbo MP, one of my favorite Stat boosters. It doubles the amount of MP used for techs, but does double damage/effectiveness. So I can cast Curaga at level 14 and heal above 150 health, and do almost 300 damage to Zombies. It's also helpful when using Black Magic, because it doubles the damage. So, I have my Nu Mou learning all the Black Mage spells also. Then, for when I'm fighting monsters, he has all the Beastmaster abilities. Later I'm going to train him in Sage, Morpher, Illusionist, and Alchemist...:smirk:

Not much to say on my Humans, however. I've got a Fighter and a Paladin. Marche is the Paladin. Some of the Fighter skills are pretty cool, like Far Fist and Backdraft. Though, I must say, I'm not that fond of Air Render. Everyone seems to think it's the best thing ever, but I haven't found much use for it. Oh well.

Lesse...now my party (meaning the six people I use all the time) are all level 14 or 15, and I've played for 26 hours. I have 86 completed missions, and 10 freed areas. Here's my clan stats:

Clan name: Otaku (hehe...)
Level: 24
Skills
Combat: 17
Smithing: 13
Appraise: 14
Negotiate: 17
Magic: 15
Craft: 16
Gather: 14
Track: 17

So yeah. There's my clan. As to the story, I just [spoiler]destroyed the third crystal and got the Bangaa Totema, and kicked Jagd Dorsa's sorry *** for totaling Nono's aircraft thingee.[/spoiler] And, to tell the truth, I almost lost in a mission. I would've if it hadn't been for Law Cards. I was fighting two Hunters, two Archers, and two Gunners. By the time I got to move my Black Mage/White Mage/Beastmaster was already dead. So, I took drastic measures: I made a new law! I made Fight forbidden. I took a hell of a lot less damage for it, but the battle did take a while afterwards. Ah well.

[color=indigo]I didn't say Red Mages are almost useless, I just said you'll want one with good attack power. I have a Red Mage (that started as an Archer then switched to Fencer) with red magic and lunge techs, and I find her very useful. Barrier is a very handy spell--it casts both Protect and Shell at the same time. The attack spells are nice for when I'm not close enough for a lunge tech.

As for Air Render, it's a lot like using the fight command, just from long range. (It almost always does the same amount as a normal hit when I use it, except on Marche). Far Fist has an area effect, but I've found it's usually also weaker than a normal hit or Air Render. I only use Far Fist if I'm not close enough to use fight or Air Render, or if I can hit multiple enemies with it.

And yeah, if you have something that'll teach Bonecrusher, that's usually better than Counter. But you can't start off as a Templar, unless the character starts as one one he joins, so it's useful to have Counter before you can learn Bonecrusher. And also, Counter works whether or not the enemy hits or misses, with any sort of attack (as long as they're in range). Bonecrusher only works if you actually get hit with a weapon.

Myself, I've got two main Nu Mou. Clay knows all the white magic abilities I can learn so far, plus most of the black magic ones, plus a few Beastmaster ones, and he's now working on Sage abilities. (I love Bio; more powerful than Water or Aero, and it also poisons the enemy). Frantz knows/is learning all but one of the black magic spells I can learn so far, most of the white magic, and he also knows all of the Illusionist abilities I've got. Plus, Clay knows Turbo MP and Frantz knows Magic Pow+. Extremely nasty in a fight. :demon:

Heh, that's nothing; one time I forgot to use a character with some sort of attack magic in a battle, and there was a Flan in the enemy ranks. Luckily, I had an Archer with the Aim: Arm ability, so I just kept using that and it couldn't attack me, but it took almost an hour to win since I was only doing 1 damage per hit. Got a ton of experience from the fight, though. :cross:[/color]

Heh...misinterpretation on my part. I am rather fond of Barrier, though I don't use it as much as others because I don't have many Red Mage A-abilities. I like to stick with Aim and the sniper one. What really sucks is that I have a bow with a 7 PANEL RANGE but can only be equiped by an Archer. :mad: Ah well. I DO have a Greatbow with 6 panel range... Even better, it teaches Aim: Vitals to a Hunter. :devil: I'd love to see what that can do...

My Nu Mou (Pedro, in case anyone cares) is almost done learning the Black Mage spells, so I'm gonna make him a Sage next. Can't wait for Water, Aero, and Bio...:devil: Then comes Illusionist. Fear me...

As to Bangaas, I was actually referring to yours, Des. You mentioned that you switched him to White Monk to learn Counter, and I was just suggesting that rather you just have him learn Bonecrusher. In any case, Templar only takes two Warrior abilities, so if you can get a Templar but don't yet have Counter, you may be better off just getting Bonecrusher. Speaking of White Monk, I need to switch my Defender back. I just got a new weapon with a tech called Holy Sign, and I'm curious as to what it does.

One of the main things that I'm working on now is teaching my Fighter and Defender Combat Combo, because I failed to teach it to them early on. Then I'll switch my Defender back to Dragoon; imagine, a Paladin, Fighter, and Dragoon all in one combo. *drools* Then I need to get some kind of combo that Moogles, Viera, and Nu Mou can all learn. Then I can have each half of my team with different combos! *drools again*

Question: How do you capture monsters to send them to the Monster Farm? I can't seem to figure it out.

[QUOTE]Heh, that's nothing; one time I forgot to use a character with some sort of attack magic in a battle, and there was a Flan in the enemy ranks.[/QUOTE]

Heh, that REALLY sucks. Was it on an equal level as you? At least Flans don't have that much HP. I'd be fine, 'cause I've got two guys with black magic and one that has Control. It'd kinda suck if there was a law against color magic, though...O_o

Try fighting a battle with laws against Fight AND Color Magic. THAT sucks. lol.

[color=indigo]Ah, I see. Well, I would've just taught my Bangaa Bonecrusher, since I already had four Warrior abilities learned, but I only have one item that teaches it. And it's currently in use, teaching it to another character, so I figured I'd just go ahead and learn Counter, Air Render, and Whirlwind while I'm waiting. Also, that opened up the rest of the jobs for him, so now I can switch freely. Right now I have him back as a Dragoon, since he learned those three abilities.

To put monsters into the Monster Bank, you have to use the Capture ability that Hunters learn, to capture weakened monsters. So far, the only monster I've captured is one of those purple Malboros.

And yeah, the Flan was about the same level as me. It started out with about 65 HP, I think. After I got it down to about 30 HP, I had regained enough MP on one of my Bangaas to use Downsize, which hits for half of an enemy's current HP, so that speeded the fight up a little. If it hadn't been a hard mission, I would've just hit reset.

As for a battle with laws against fighting and color magic, that wouldn't be all that bad. I could just use Fighter Techs and whatnot instead of the fight command, and Sagacity and Phantasm abilities for magic. Not to mention that I have two antilaw cards for Color Magic, plus R1, R2, and R3 antilaw cards. :toothy:[/color]

Well, I didn't have any antilaws at the time. That kinda makes it a little more difficult, and I didn't have a fighter or anything real special. It was close towards the beginning. I'll soon get Phantasm abilities though, once Pedro finishes learning Blizzara. :devil:

Again, about the Monster Bank: What exactly does it do to captured monsters? Can you use them in a battle?

*wonders* I wonder if Malboros like Marlboro cigarettes?

[color=indigo]Well, when you go to the Monster Bank after capturing a monster, you can use items and stuff on it to make it stronger. I think that however strong the monster is, that's how strong a Morpher will be when he transforms into that particular monster. Not sure about that, however, since I haven't tried it.

And I dunno. If they do, maybe that's where their Bad Breath comes from. :p[/color]

ACtually, the more monsters like Marche(make them like him better by feeding them items), the stronger the Morpher's abilities will be.
One capture tip It took me forever to figure out: You can never capture the last monster on the feild. There must be at least one other enemy unit on the feild to have a chance for a successful capture.

Luv the Malboro joke lol!

Well, I forgot I DO have two Bangaa, and I finally gotta Gunner recruited, but I want a cute li'l Mog Knight, so I changed him back to an Animist.

I have a Gladiator (luv the Sword Techs) and a White Monk. I;m turning my W.Monk to a Tempest, just cuz it looks so badass...and my Gladiator...well, I'll just learn the Abilities I want him to learn, then I'll change his job. I do that.

As for my Red Mage. She's not one NOW, but a White Mage that joined my clan. I'm teaching her stuff I want (mostly Curative and offensive spells). But what I'm aiming for is a Red Mage with Summoner abilities. She'll be the longest for me to work with, though.

I can somebody tell me, IF they know, where I can get a Sword Breaker for my Thief? :cross:

[color=indigo]Yeah, that's what I was talking about, for your White Mage. Don't bother having her learn Red Mage abilities if you don't have to. You'd be better off having a White Mage with Summoner abilities, or a Summoner with White Mage abilities. If she's a Red Mage with Summoner abilities, she'll only be able to use the weak white/black spells along with the summons. If she's a White Mage, she'll be able to use all of the white magic you've learned along with the summons. Probably the only white magic that you've learned on her that you'll be able to use with the red magic command is Cure. Everything else you'll have to use the white magic command for, and if you want summons, you're going to have to give up either the white or red magic command.

So you see what I mean? A Red Mage can't learn every black magic and every white magic spell, they can only learn the weak spells from each. And since you'll have strong summons for attacking, you won't need the weak black magic. So you should go for strong white magic instead of weak white magic and weak black magic.

And as for Mog Knights, I really haven't found them very useful; I can usually do more damage with my Moogles when they're Gunners. Plus, Gunners have long range attacks and lots of abilities that cause status effects. Mog Knights seem to just be a Moogle version of the Fighter class, except that since they're Moogles, they're weaker.

I find Gunners to be the most useful class that Moogles can have, with Jugglers second, though I haven't really tried out the Gadgeteer class. (Also, it's cool if they can have some black magic spells as secondary abilities). I love standing back with a Gunner and inflicting a bunch of status effects on my enemies while doing damage at the same time. Same thing with Jugglers, only they have to be closer. Dagger has got to be my favorite Juggler abilities, since it both damages and disables the enemy.

And I'm absolutely loving the Double Sword ability on Marche right now. Nikolai finally mastered it, so I switched Marche to a Ninja and now he's learning it. He usually does about 175 damage with both hits--I can't wait to see how much he does when he masters the ability and I switch him back to a fighter with it. Before as a Fighter, he was doing upwards of 100 damage with a single normal hit, and 150-175 with the Doublehand ability. (Now, if only he had four arms so he could use both Double Sword and Doublehand). :whoops:

Also, I'd like to say that the Counter ability [i]can[/i] be better than Bonecrusher. My evade on Marche right now, as a Ninja, is 69, so things don't hit him very often at all when they attack from the front. Even when attacking from the side or back, there's still a decent chance that they'll miss. And if you're using Bonecrusher and the enemy misses, you don't counterattack; with Counter, you counterattack even if they miss. If I had kept him using the Bonecrusher ability, I would've done a [i]lot[/i] fewer counterattacks over the time that he's been a Ninja. So don't use Bonecrusher just because it does more damage--you should also look at that character's evade stat, and see if they're going to be dodging a lot. If so, Counter will probably be the better choice over Bonecrusher.[/color]

[b]Edit:[/b]
[color=seagreen]Hey, guess what I got in FFTA today... Yep, a Sword Breaker! (And sure enough, it teaches Steal: Weapon). I got it for doing mission No. 102 Wyrms Awaken, which is a clan mission where you have to go out and fight another clan in order to get them to help you. So there you go, that's at least one way you can get a Sword Breaker. ^_^[/color]

Well i want this game alot cause i loved the original and ive been excited for like a year now since hearing about an FFT2 on some other boards somewhere i forgot but then i heard it was olny for GBA and i was pissed i mean i dont have a GBA and thats like nintendo when fft was on PSZX which is sony and i thought they were like rivals so now i gotta go put out 80 bucks for a GBA and another 40 for the game just so i can play it.

[color=indigo]Oy...I'm beginning to wonder just how many times this is going to have to be explained. Square Enix is [i]not[/i] Sony exclusive. If you care to look back at games before FFVII, you'll see that Final Fantasy games were on Nintendo systems before Sony had anything to do with the video game industry. Final Fantasy [i]originated[/i] on the NES, a Nintendo system. Yeesh...

Anyway... I'm past the 80 hour playtime mark, and also past the 180 completed missions mark. I've finally [spoiler]destroyed all five crystals[/spoiler], and now that I have, the story is really starting to get more interesting.

Also, I'm starting to run out of abilities for Marche to learn, at least ones that he'll ever use. Right now I'm having him learn Archer abilities because I've had him learn all the Soldier, Fighter, Paladin, Thief, Ninja, and White Mage abilities that I've got so far, except for a couple that are being learned by other characters right now. And I'm really missing my double attacks with him. I need a Double Bow ability, lol. :whoops:

Oh, yeah, and if you pay $40 for FFTA, you're getting ripped off. If you look around a bit you can get it for $30, like I did.[/color]

• 2 weeks later...
[COLOR=darkblue]I finally got the Sword Breaker, too! A long time ago![/COLOR]

[COLOR=darkblue]My clan has changed quite a bit! Now, I have, other than Marche and Montblanc (who will be a Time Mage after he learns Blizzaga), a Morpher, Sniper, Hunter, White Monk (who will be a Tempest), Human W.Mage (who will be an illusionist-thing after he also learns some Black Magic, he is a newbie), Blue Mage (he's great--the coolest ability he has is Matra Magic, next to Angel Whisper), an elementalist (I'm working towards a Red Mage w/ Summoning abilities, so now she's almost done learning her 2nd required ability), a ninja (I alterate between Thief and Ninja, so when I get a weapon that has a Steal ability on it, I switch and teach it to him), a Gladiator (will make a Dragoon, just cuz they're so badass), a Gunner, and...I think that's it.

I can't remember much else o_O; But what I really want in my clan is a couple more Bangaas, but they haven't been popping up lately.[/COLOR]

[color=silver]Well everyone, I'm going to the US of A this Thursday so I plan on purchasing this game straight away. Even though the release date for it in England is October 24th, I assume I can get it cheaper out there?

I've read you can buy it in a package with something else out there aside from a strategy guide, is this true? Anyway, I need a few opinions, I have £130 so far which will transfer above $150 so I know I have alot of money for games, would you say it's worth getting because the graphics seem quite small to appreciate, but I could be wrong. Or I could get a magnefying screen.

Anyone's opinions would help, what do you think of this game overall? Do you feel the plot develops significantly from the whole crystal part? If you do like the game, why!?[/color]

It's been a while since I've updated. My clan has been changed quite a bit. My clan level is now 74, and all the others (magic, smithing, etc.) are above seventy. The highest is 85. My main six people are developing quite nicely. Marche is on level 37, and I think that a Paladin/Blue Mage combo works rather nicely. He's definately my best character, with an Excalbur 2, Nagrarok, Bangaa Helm, Peytral, and Ninja Tabi equipped. He has a movement range of 7, but I could make it 8 if I wanted. My attack power would drop, though. I think seven is sufficient for now, hehe. His attack power is 541, and the rest are all quite nice.

Montblanc is currently a Gadgeteer, which is probably the funnest class I've found. There's always the risk that you'll target yourself, or heal the enemy, but that's what makes it fun! Then he has Steal as a second ability. I had him as a Gunner for a while, so he knows Concentrate. Hehe...he has a 80% hit rate attacking from the front. Now, imagine from the back...it works well with Time Mage abilities, also. Stop with a 70% chance!

The rest of the team is great. I have my Nu Mou as an Illusionist with Sagacity Skill for a second ability, and Turbo MP. If the Phantasm Skill doesn't do much damage, break out the Giga Flare! And he has Black Magic, Control, White Magic, and Alchemy Skill, so he's pretty customizable. I tried a Morpher, but I don't really like them. Maybe my monster just sucked. But you don't even get to see them turn into the monster! Only when they use a skill. They can't use Fight, either. My second Human is a Hunter, with Fighter Tech. My Viera is an Assassin with Sharpshoot. She is my second best attacker, mainly because she has a Masamune 100 equipped. It has an attack power of 86. Then, because I had nothing better to do, I switched my Bangaa to a Warrior to finish teaching him all the abilities.

As far as secret characters go, I have [spoiler]Lini the Mog Knight, Quin the Sage, Littlevili the Sniper, Pallanza the Gladiator, and Cheney the Hunter. For characters that are unique to the story, I have Ezel, Babus, Ritz, Shara, and Cid.[/spoiler]

I have completed all 300 missions, and my time is 93 hours. But wait, there's more! If you don't want to know the storyline after all 300 missions, don't read the spoiler tags. [spoiler]After you finish whatever your last mission is, when you stop a Bervenia Palace, you see a short scene with Babus reciting some words that Mewt used to say. Cid enters and asks him about it. He suspects that it is from an ancient language, but they don't know what it means. I expect more on this to be revealed later.

Then there is another scene (I can't remember how you get to it) that again shows Babus and Cid conversing. Cid tells Babus that ever since the Judges broke away they have had problems with corruption, because the Palace can't control them anymore. They decide to go to the clans for help, but there is only one they can trust that can't be bribed--you.

Then there is a mission in the pub saying that the laws in Cadoan have gone corrupt. There is a judge giving people immunity form Red Cards! When you start the mission you see the bad judge giving a person red card immunity. Before he can finish it, Cid enters and asks what he is doing. The judge states his innocence, but then the other person takes off his cloak. It's Marche! You then proceed to battle, with Cid joining you. Afterwards, Cid asks to join your clan so he can patrol the areas outside of the cities for corrupted officials. Then there are more missions in the pub, one at a time, fighting Palace officials gone bad, making laws such as "no answering" and "no full HP". I'm in the middle of all this right now.[/spoiler] Sorry if that was a little long, but I felt like giving a detailed explanation.

To Zidargh: I think you should get this game as soon as possible. I haven' heard anything about packages, but oh well. I haven't had any problems with the graphics. A magnifying screen may be nice, but I personally don't think it's too small. The only thing is that you can't see all of the world map at one time, or all of the battle map, but that hasn't posed too big a problem for me.

This is a great game. If you like strategy, then this is definately for you. It may get monotonous after a while, because it's just battle, battle, battle, battle, but I've yet to see the day. It certainly has good replay value, since I haven't played through the whole story, and yet have almost 100 hours worth of gameplay. It definitely will take up a lot of your time. Of course, that's only if you want to do all the missions, and if you don't, you won't uncover the whole plot. It keeps going after the main story with Mewt and the Crystals, but I'll only tell you if you want to. See spoiler area above if you want to know what happens afterward. Hope my little evaluation helps!

Well, I've finished all of the extra missions(the ones that appear after you complete all 300 of the missions that appear in the Report screen), and I have to say that I was dissapointed by the difficulty. I just used Marche and [spoiler]Cid[/spoiler]-who are the two characters you have to use(you're allowed up to six)-on the final mission, and I won without a problem.

[color=indigo]Fixed the spoiler tag. You had an italic closing tag instead of a spoiler closing tag. - Desbreko[/color]

[color=silver]Well I got it two days ago now, and I must say, it's a pretty good game. It's not as good as Final Fantasy Tactics for the PSX but that doesn't matter.

I've recently worked out how you do actually learn abilities, hehe, good ole' weapon and armour contributions there. I've just destroyed the first crystal and I'm trying to build up my Clan's Negotiation level so I can talk it out with another clan, instead of resorting to violence.

Now one question, I've seen [Support Clan] as an option in the world map's clan menu, but I'm wondering, what is a support clan?[/color]

I got FFTA two weeks ago and I love it. Problem is, I haven't really been finding time to play it much. Marche is Lv 9, while the others are around Lv 8. But here's what I have so far:

Marche: He just learned Weapon Def+ and I'm switching him to a Thief so he can be a Ninja.
Montblanc: He's a Black Mage right now and I'm thinking of making him a Time Mage.
Mondo(Bangaa): He's a Warrior right now, but once he learns one more skill, I'll be able to make him a Dragoon.
Watoo(Nu Mou): He's a Beastmaster, but he was a White Mage before, my main one in fact, but I'm going to make him a Sage.
Becile(Viera): She's a Sniper right now, but I'm not sure whether or not to leave her with that job.
Zoik, I love his name!(Moogle): He started out as a Thief, but now he's a Juggler. I'm deciding on whether or not to make him a Gadgeteer or a Gunner.
Carlos(Human): He's a Blue Mage and I'm planning on keeping him that way.
Finnagan(Bangaa): He's a Gladiator(in fact he started out that way when I got him) and I'm going to change him back to a Warrior to get some skills.
Elvos(Nu Mou): He's a Black Mage right now, but I'm aiming at making him an Illusionist.
Ivolt(Human): He's an Archer right now, but he's going to be a Hunter.
Janeth(Viera): She's a White Mage, but I don't know what to make her. I'm thinking either an Elementalist or a Summoner. Which one do you guys think she should be?
Goodwin(Nu Mou): Another Black Mage, but I'm going to make him an Alchemist.
Schneider(Bangaa): My newest member. He's a Warrior, but I don't know what to make him. I'm considering a Defender, but is that class any good?

[color=indigo]Yes! get Marche some Thief abilities so he can become a Ninja. And as soon as you get the Nosada katana, equip it to learn Doublesword. Dang I love that ability. Two attacks in one turn from Marche is awesome, especially if he's a Fighter or Paladin.

A Time Mage/Black Mage combo for Montblanc would indeed work well. Time magic is more useful than I first thought, and you'd also have black magic for attacking. Personally, though, I made Montblanc a Thief/Juggler. Jugglers get all kinds of cool abilities that cause status effects and damage at the same time, and I just love being able to steal.

For Watoo, a Sage/White Mage is one of the most useful Nu Mou combinations I've found. You get a bit of everything with them; healing magic, protective magic, attack magic, status effect magic... Sage is my favorite Nu Mou job, and white magic makes them a powerful healer as well as a powerful attacker.

Becile, I'd try and make her an Assassin. This may just be me, but I haven't found my Sniper to be all that useful. Or, if she's got decent magic power and MP, you could try going for a Red Mage. You'll probably need to switch to Fencer for a bit, though.

As for Zoik (yes, definitely a great name), I wouldn't bother making him a Gunner if he's already learned a decent amount of Juggler abilities. (Though I would highly recommend getting another Moogle to use as a Gunner). Most Gunner abilities deal status effects, same as Juggler abilities, though there are some different ones. Personally, I'd just keep him as a Juggler/Thief until you learn all the abilities for those two jobs.

I'd keep Carlos as a Blue Mage, but only until you learn the Learning ability and Damage>MP (and maybe Blue Combo). After that, you can switch him over to another job, keep Learning ability equiped, and still learn blue magic from being hit by it. That's what I'm doing with Hoffman, my Blue Mage, right now; he's a White Mage/Blue Mage currently.

Good, good, Illusionist/Black Mage is another excellent Nu Mou combo -- I'd do that for Elvos. Stand back and cast phantasm spells while out of range of enemy attacks, and if anyone does get close, take them out with a powerful black magic spell. I'd recommend spending a bit of time as an Alchemist to learn the Magic Pow+ ability, though.

For Janeth, both Elementalist and Summoner are good choices. With an Elementalist, you get attack magic that also deals status effects, as well as a couple healing spells. With a Summoner, you're going to be using her to mainly attack with her powerful summons. I'd go with either a Summoner/Elementalist combo or Elementalist/White Mage combo. Depends mainly on whether you want the character to be more offensive, or more defensive, really.

On Goodwin, an Alchemist/Black Mage combo is also good. It's sort of like the traditional FF black mage, with attack and negative status effect spells. Unlike the Illusionist/Black Mage combo, you'll be more in the thick of combat, but the Alchemist abilities will wreak havoc among the enemies, and you still have the powerful black magic for dealing serious damage. And besides, what's more fun that beating on a group of defenseless frogs?

Personally, I wouldn't recommend making Schneider a Defender. They're similar to the Paladin job on humans, but I don't like their abilities as much as a Paladin's. I'd make him a Templar instead; they're good fighters, and they also have some useful sacred tech abilities such as Haste. Also, they can use some spears, giving them double the range on normal attacks. And the Trident spear teaches them Weapon Atk+.

Oh, and some advice, if you ever want a Bishop: Don't make a Bangaa a Bishop unless he started out as one when he joined. Bishops are the only Bangaa class to rely mainly on magic, so unless the Bangaa starts out as a Bishop, he's going to have low magic power and low magic points. And on a character that relies mainly on magic, that'll kill you.[/color]

FFTA, or rather FFT on PS1's little brother as I like to call it, lol.

I bought the game 2 day's ago and have already clocked over 30 hour's and completed over 100 mission's (I'm on the final mission now, [SPOILER]dear god that boss owned me, 3 fight's non stop? Not to mention she has a few Totema's with both her form's? Damn!!![/SPOILER]

I finally found an Excalibur today, nice damage, and I know exactly where to find a second one too, so Marche with Double Sword is gonna be a beast, heh.

I honestly did not know Sword Breaker was supposed to be hard to get, I just received it during a mission and was like "oh cool, steal sword ability"

The game overall is very good, but it must be said that it is a very watered down version of FFT, which is no bad thing really, it's just FFT had so much more than this, actually the one thing I don't like about FFTA is the story, it seem's "done" to me whereas FFT had a wonderful story, not to mention a superior battle system.

Oh yeah, and where the hell are the Holy/Dark Knight job classes in FFTA??? Those were my favourite jobs in FFT!!! :mad:

[color=indigo]Wouldn't Paladins be like Holy Knights? But yes, I was annoyed when I found out there wasn't a Dark Knight class.

For the Sword Breaker, I didn't think it was hard to get, it just took me a while to get to a mission where I got it as a reward. Then I got a second one from another mission, I think.

And right now, I have Marche as a Hunter. He's learned all the Soldier, Thief, Ninja, and White Mage abilities, plus all the Fighter, Paladin, and Archer abilities that I can learn so far. Does anyone know how I can get the weapons that teach the combo abilities for Fighters and Paladins? I'm pretty sure that those are the only two abilities I'm missing for those jobs.[/color]

I never found those Mythrill weapons. The few I did find were random mission rewards(aside from the one I started with).

Oh, and if you're having trouble with the final boss(es), here's what I did(Includes story spoilers, but if you're at the final boss(es), then you alredy know the whole story):

[spoiler]I entered with full JP for everyone. Everyone I used in the final two battles had a combo ability with a range of at least 2 equipped, and most had range 4 combo abilities. Everyone had some kind of healing ability(Except Marche, who wore an Angel Ring instead), even if it could only affect the character that used it. Everyone had armor or clothing that absorbed or nullified either Holy or Lightning.

For the battle with Lednar, I used Marche(a Fighter), a Ninja, an Assassin, and Ezel Berbier(You get him by choosing Gossip in the card shop after defeating Ritz, clearing the mission he posts in the pub, then repeating. After you do that, he'll offer to join(you can't accept him if your clan is full)). Ezel used Azoth, and everyone attacked Lednar.

For the first battle with Remedi, I just hit her with everything. For this and the other fight with Remedi, I used Marche, Montblanc(a Gunner), the Assasin and Ninja from the battle with Lednar, a Dragoon, and a Sage. I used no Totema in any of these three battles. I used one combo in this fight, but I saved the rest for the next fight.

For the final battle, I decided, after losing twice, that I needed to prevent Remedi from having a turn. I couldn't Slow her, but the Earth Veil of my Ninja and Marche(who had Ninja Tech as his second a-ability set) delayed her turn. They kept Earth Veiling her while everyone else moved in and used combos. The two Mateus Totemas she had weren't a major problem, as most of their attacks healed or were ineffective against most of my units.[/spoiler]

Hope that helps anyone who has trouble with that fight(I know I did).