OtakuBoards

Like my BANNER Banner?

Monkeys_revenge

While "keeping it simple" and "not exerting to excess" are good ideas, this banner is just the opposite: too simple, and not enough exertion. Artistically, the font is jaggy, and, with such a simplistic banner, you could have at least opted for a GIF file so the back is transparent. In terms of cleverness, it just isn't. Meh, it might be just me, but I don't like the idea at all.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by AzureWolf [/i]
[B]I don't like the idea at all. [/B][/QUOTE]

[size=1][b]Nor do I. It's actually very, very unthought through and shouldn't be considered a banner. A word on a white background definately is [i]not[/i] a banner. :therock:

Leh[/b][/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Monkeys_revenge [/i]
[B]It's a JOKE people, get with the program! LOL [/B][/QUOTE] Well, as I said before, it's not a very clever employment of KISS. However, if you mean the entire "critique my new banner" thing was a joke, then this thread would be considered SPAM, wouldn't it?

I don't know about some of you, but from the first banner it seemed to me like you were using it as an excuse to post, as if to perhaps mock the people who are posting their banners here, and even if it was just for fun, you don't always have to make threads for your banners. I see the joke in it, alright, but even if people were to understand the joke and try to post respectively, it would be very hard to critique or comment anything about it other than saying it's funny, or maybe improving on the text. In that case, the thread would likely be brought no where, and if it had not been for your second banner, this thread would be closed.

I'd like all of you to please avert your attention towards the second banner and give your comments/critique on that, as it looks as if you put a little effort into it at the very least. I'm not trying to be mean or anything, I'm just upholding the rules and doing my best to see where the thread could possibly go otherwise.

Second banner, then.

"Squishy Goodness"
Eeps, misnomer! Looks to me as if there is a grandly majestic phoenix in there, in which case it looks spiffy grand! The texture effect is good, but it gets broken up in the darkest area, toward the mid-right.

9/1o. I like it a lot.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Monkeys_revenge [/i]
[B]Bweee! People like me! Well, my banner, anyways. Bweee! [/B][/QUOTE]
Please do not post anything like this again. If you are going to post in the first place, make sure that you are contributing to the overall discussion, rather than make a quick comment or a thought like we see here. Think those things, fine, but posting it is ridiculous. You have been warned.

EDIT: It has been brought to my attention that you already posted the second banner in [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=455183]another thread[/url] (I knew it looked familiar), and shows that you have absolutely no understanding of the rules. Topic closed, membership in question.