OtakuBoards

Syk3's new banner -- Boondock Saints theme

Syk3

Yes, I'm long overdue for making my own banner to go in my signature, but after buying Boondock Saints on DVD and watching that a few...hundred times, I finally knew what I wanted to base the banner around. The Boondock Saints is one of my favorite movies, so it is only fitting for me to pay tribute to it.

Originally, I wanted to take my own screen shots from the movie to capture these images that you see in the middle of the banner now, but luckily I was able to find them on the internet after just searching for a bit. The words you see around the main center picture are the beginning and end of a prayer said by the main characters in the movie. For clarification: there are words inbetween which I had to discard because of the limited ammount of space.

[i]"And shepherds we shall be, for thee my Lord for thee, Power hath descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command, we shall flow a river forth to thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be. In nomine patrie, et fili et spiritu sancti."[/i]

Comments, critique, whatever. I like to improve on any aspect that I can. ^_^ Make it good, too, banners for myself like this are rare, heh.

[img]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?postid=474805[/img]

EDIT: Made the text slightly darker.

EDIT AGAIN: Minimized the ammount of white space on the sides.

[color=green]Nicely done hun. I love the whole tint of yellowish brown within it, and the words, though a tiny bit hard to read, actually fit in real well with the backround image. Let me reassure you, the words are still legible, and the border, love it.^~

Also, I love the latin part of the text, adds a bit of extra culture to it. Amazing work as always, and remind me to find this movie.[/color]

*feels left out because he's never even heard of Boondock Saints*

Heh, but I do know a good banner when I see one, Senior Syk. And this is one of those. The ripping effect you did around the border is very nice, but I would lose the border around it if I were you, if possible.. Of course, if one of the Verison 7 OB skins has gray backgrounds, that'll make the picture a little weird then.. The quote is pretty cool too, and the Latin is a nice touch.

[b]9.6/10[/b]

As always, Syk, great job. ^_^

[color=#707875]Very pretty indeed, Syk. You're very flexible when it comes to different styles.

Though, I don't like the black border around the edge. I think it'd look better without that...with just the scratchy white border. Considering we have a white background, it'd suit (in the sense that you wouldn't have to worry about it showing up badly on other skins).[/color]

[color=#9933ff][font=comic sans ms]Like I told you, Syk, great banner as alway. I'm jealous of the graphics program you have, AND your talent.

You already know I'm not for the black border on it, but other than that, its a really great piece. And you deserve to make a banner for youserlf. You're always making stuff for other people. *blushes* ^^;;

Great job though, I like the parchment look. Go you. w00t.[/font][/color]

Hmm, I see that not too many people are a fan of that second border I put up, so here is what it looks like without it. Other than the fact that I kind of like the border, the only way that it would work without it is with this skin; white background, no other skins to view it differently, etc.

[img]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?postid=476495[/img]

I also want to post up the avatar in case someone comes back to the thread after I've already changed it.

[img]http://dg369.250free.com/Boondock-ava.jpg[/img]