OtakuBoards

WWF(E) Review

GhostofSalvtore

[font=trebuchet ms][color=darkblue]Here are my thoughts on Wrestlemania, though a little late. Keep in mind that I posted this at another forum which is free of censoring (Rajah: best message boards ever| No link provided, so no worries.):

Another Wrestlemania came, pissed all over us, and left. My short-term memory sucks, so let's start before I forget... eh... ah?

[u]Matt Hardy vs. Rey Mysterio[/u]
Again, Rey Mysterio impressed us with his super cool moves, while Matt Hardy was in the unusual position of being the powerhouse in the match. Overall, Matt worked well with Rey, but the ending was crap. Most of the endings were crap. Moving on...

[u]Undertaker & Nathan Jones vs. Big Show & A-Train[/u]
I was all "Woo, **** yeah, motha****a!!!" at Taker's entrance with Limp Bizkit. The handicap match wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be. Taker did a lot of moving around in the ring, and really hasn't gotten worse for the past three years. Nathan coming to the ring was expected. Either that, or Nathan was truly injured before the event.

Oh, and Taker: [size=5]11 - 0 at WM WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!![/size]

[u]Victoria vs. Jazz vs. Trish Stratus[/u]
Trish looked hot. I don't remember much of the fighting itself, but I wasn't really surprised at seeing Victoria's *** crack for a moment.

Oh yes! I forgot... what the hell did Victoria and Jazz do to Trish? It was some kind of piledriving shoulder-breaker move that was botched beyond belief. I yelled, "OMG! they killed Trish," and then someone said "You bastards!"

[u]Los Guerreros vs. Benjamin & Haas vs. Rhyno & Benoit[/u]
Eddie and Benoit stole the show on this one, with Rhyno's crowd-awakening gore. Chavo also had his five seconds of intense wowness; but the ones that really bored me were Haas and Benjamin.

It was a nice match overall, but again... crappy ending.

[u]HBK vs. Chris Jericho[/u]
WOOOOO! It started off ok, but nothing impressive. However, the match got better and better as it progressed. Great effort by both Jericho and HBK, and this was one victory I DID enjoy seeing.

HBK hasn't lost it. [img]http://cp02.ionhosting.com/~vgsource/boards/images/smilies/bowser-cry.gif[/img]

[u]Cat fight (?)[/u]
Mmmmmmm... lovely. I liked Kitana from Mortal Komb... er, Miller Light commercial. I was laughing at how she and the other cutie were boringly hitting each other with pillows. Too bad the excitement ran off as soon as I saw Coach's boner.

Dude...

[u]Booker T vs. Triple H[/u]
Booker T has always been a good wrestler. Whenever he's up, I expect a decent match, but I don't expect anything that will make me stand up and yell "Booka owns!" This match was no exception. It was a decent match, with some nice spots here and there, but nothing wowish about it. The leg injury was a nice touch, and the effort put by Booker T really showed. Still, Triple H winning keeps pounding Booker T as a non-main eventer.

WWE: You people are mean. :(

[u]Hulk Hogan vs. Vince McMahon[/u]
I don't know about this one. It wasn't bad AT ALL, but, like... I just feel like I've seen too many street fights, and this one was no different. How sad that such a beating feels already standard in my view. Still, Piper's appearance was a cool surprise, though... could he be MORE obvious about hitting Hogan? I think everyone saw it coming from a mile away.

Since Hogan won the match, I don't see Piper coming back on RAW.

[u]Rock vs. Stone Cold[/u]
I expected excellent entertainment, and by JR's lazy eye I got it! One can argue that Rock won only because he got the upper hand after the low blow, but I'm not so sure about that. In my eyes, he won fair and square... and probably even cubed (lame!)

1 People's Elbow and 3 Rock Bottoms!! That's a lot of food on the menu, but it ensures that Stone Cold remains in the Superman status, while granting Rock the deserving victory he so much desired.

I'm not really sure how Rock left, though. I'm not sure if he's a heel, or a face... or if he'll leave, period. After all, he has "done it all." What else is there on the WWE for him, especially when he has so many other options open for him to explore? Or what about Stone Cold? He lost. His big comeback was for nothing. The only hope I see is for him to have a feud with Goldberg. That would so kick ***, and wrestling fans have been dreaming for a match like this forever.

[u]Brock Lesnar vs. Kurt Angle[/u]
Main event, indeed. The match was perfect, and it definitely left me wanting more. We already know that Angel is amazing, and anyone who disagrees needs a punch in the face, and some heavy-duty glasses. What about Brock, though?

Besides his immense power and [i]growing[/i] technical prowess, what makes Brock great is his ability to look beaten up. You'd imagine that a guy that looked that ugly and that big would fail in making you believe that he can get his *** kicked. WRONG. When Angle was pounding him, Brock looked like a little (well big) beaten *****. When you see a monster like that showing true pain, you get entertainment.

Oh, but wait a sec... what the **** was Brock thinking when he [b]attempted[/b] the Shooting Star Press? When I saw how he landed, I thought he had literally broken his neck. If he hadn't moved after the miss, I would have sworn that was the case. Lucky bastard somehow managed to land on his arms.

[img]http://www.rajahwwf.com/forum/images/smilies/yes.gif[/img][img]http://www.rajahwwf.com/forum/images/smilies/yes.gif[/img]

A very sweet ending closed the show. Excellent Wrestlemania. The importance of getting in "the main event" has been lost due to two top championship titles, but at least the matches themselves have gotten better.

*ahem*

As for Raw, I enjoyed the very last moment of the show. I expected Goldberg to get it on with Stone Cold, but I suppose the direction the storylines are taking seems more convenient.[/color][/font]

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

News today concerning SD taping:
-Sable returned and had a confrontation with Torrie Wilson over her Playboy shoot.
-There is going to be a 8 man tourney for the #1 contendership of the WWE title.(for some reason I think Cena will be #1 contender and hopefully he is and then he will lose to Lesnar and there would be a good chance of him not getting such a high spot like that again) if thats understandable
-Angle is said to be gone for 2 months according to Steph McMahon last night
and on a RAW note
another rumored match for Backlash is HHH & Flair & Jericho vs HBK & Booker T & Diesel(Kevin Nash)
-

[QUOTE]There is going to be a 8 man tourney for the #1 contendership of the WWE title.[/QUOTE]

'There is going', I consider that fact, not opinion. But it doesnt matter, I dont care...

Just a note guys, D'lo's going for the nwa title tonite! He finally becomes a world champ!

Guest Hikaru Ichijyo
Hate to disappoint you but D'Lo didn't walk away with the gold thanks to about 3 interferences and Jeff Jaret being able to hit the Stroke on him, next week on TNA supposidly Dusty Rhodes and Brian Lawler will wrestle in a ladder match. Can he even climb a ladder at his age?

I think you mean SmackDown. ~_^

The number one contender hasn't been decided yet; there's a tournament underway to determine who it will be. Next week the Undertaker will wrestle John Cena and Rhyno will wrestle Chris Benoit.

It's no secret that John Cena will win the tournament though. The FBI will probably interfere in his match with 'Taker, helping him get the rub in the process.

One the Raw side, just in case you were wondering, Triple H probably won't be defending the title at Backlash. Right now, he's scheduled to be in a six man tag, teaming with Jericho and Flair. Their rumored opponents are HBK, Booker T, and Diesel. Which, GOS basically said already.

[color=red]I just finished watching RAW last night and Stone Cold being fired sucks bad, but I reckon he will go to Smackdown to make up for that brands lack of superstars. Loads out with injury.
It's so great to see [b]Goldberg![/b] Rock really did over exagerate that spear in my opinion though, I didn't see it very well but it looked like just a normal take down. I was waiting for him to get some punches in and see either a Rock Bottom or a jackhammer at least, but I'm sure that will come along later on the weeks. I think Rock should bring Guildberg along one week, that will be funny. Like the mini Booker T lol.
I think Kane and RVD would be better off going there own seperate ways, but they seem very satisfyed to say the least with the Tag Team Championships.

Some questions: Is the Hardcore Title gone and if so do you think it will come back?
Who do you want to win between Goldberg and The Rock at Backlash and who do you think will win (could be a difference)?[/color]

Umm the harcore title is gone, it was retired in the summer by RVD.

About Backlash, I think Goldberg is gunna win, but I want the Rock to win...He's one of the best all around wrestlers and I want him to go out on a bang...If its his last ride!

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by BigCajones [/i]
[B][color=red]
Who do you want to win between Goldberg and The Rock at Backlash and who do you think will win (could be a difference)?[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[spoiler]Goldberg [i]will[/i] defeat The Rock. Make no mistake about it. The Rock is only sticking around for the sole purpose of putting Goldberg over at Wrestlemania. What would be the point of having The Rock defeat an expensive acquisition like Goldberg in his first match, only to have Rock leave for another six months soon afterward?

Goldberg was promised the match when in negotiations with The Rock, anyway, so it's irreveleant who I want to win, lol.[/spoiler]

[color=crimson]I like both wrestlers in different ways. The Rock is just a class act and great for the business and well Goldberg I've stood right next to him *pokes Goldberg*. :D I suppose there isn't much point Rock winning though is there. I don't want The Rock's ego to go (by losing), but if he's leaving for a while it wouldn't matter. Is Rock actually leaving for good, I'm confused? :confused:
Oh and that sucks about the Hardcore Title!

Now I've seen both RAW and Smackdown I've seen three terrible things. 1. Stone Cold Steve Austin being fired *hopes he goes to Smackdown* 2. Hulk Hogan being humiliated, that is such a bad way to leave a business you have thrived on your whole life and become such a big icon in *hopes he will make a return and do a proper retirement* (I can only think Linda McMahon doing something like she did with Mic Foley) 3. Rowdy Roddy Piper returning to wrestling on Smackdown *hopes I was hallucinating!* [/color]

Big Cajones...

1. Austin was'nt really fired, it was a storyline developed, because his neck is in terrible shape and won't be able to get into the ring for awhile. Believe me Austin isnt going anywhere.
2. Hogan being HUmiliated....Well Im guessing that it was a storyline to but im not totally sure. Im thinking that we might find out next week when Roddy returns. Maybe VInce payed Piper to hit Hogan at WM, and we might be seeing Hogan- Piper at Backlash?
3. Whats wrong with rowdy orddy piper comign back, come one man he's great! piper's peak!

Piper and Hogan at Backlash I see the match as one of those old feuds that never die. Hogan and Piper from the old school WWF to WcW and one more feud in the WWE it works in my book. As for Goldberg and Rock, I hope The Rock wins because I don't want the WWE to push Goldberg as the undefeated monster, if Goldberg wins I see Goldberg and HHH at King Of The Ring.
Well this is the new guy in the thread so hello everyone.

[color=green]Welcome! :) Just to mention starting from this year King of the Ring is no more. It's going to be the start of a whole new line of PPVs. 4 RAW PPVs, 4 SD PPVs and 4 mixed brands PPVs. King of the Ring will be called Bad Blood. I don't know why this sudden change, or whether it's a good idea or not. I won't judge until I see some, but I will sure miss some PPVs! :(

I also want The Rock to win, but maybe by cheating or interference so it looks like Goldberg would of won. On the otherhand I want Goldberg to win the title, but he shouldn't get a shot as early as 'Big Poppa Pump' Scott Steiner, he should have to earn his shot. Maybe a mini King of the Ring like Smackdown is doing to see who should become the no.1 contender.[/color]

[color=indigo]Well I didn't catch most of Raw tonight. I only really saw the Rock match with the Goldberg finish and the end when Kevin Nash came out. I'm glad to see Nash back, unfortunatly the new angle seems kinda stupid...maybe a new DX/NWO type orginization will form.

The Goldberg story line was kind of stupid. Why did Christian come out? Did they wrestle later on?[/color]

[color=tomato]I also think Goldberg. Usually you can tell from a crowd's response when you first see the superstar. I hope Goldberg can make as big of an impact as he did in WCW! The best way to do this is put him in some match-ups before Backlash and maybe show his dominance by putting him in gauntlet matches, which he used to be in a lot on WCW.

I'm also very reluctant to see Sable return of course, but women's abiliies don't always satisfy me in the ring. On the otherhand Chyna was great, but too good for the woman division.

If Nash did form a new group, then that would build up some exciting times in the WWE! He needs more matches.

Piper, well I guess I'm not too bothered really, but I can't imagine him being around for that long. I may change my mind about him, I'll have to see. :box:[/color]

Guest Hikaru Ichijyo
As far as piper goes he wasn't very talented back when he was wrestling full time and he stil isn't to this day I hope piper vs. Hogan is a no go for BackLash. As for the Goldberg vs. Rock match it's a shoe in Goldberg will win hands down and then move on to a fued with Triple H, the question there is will Triple H put over Goldberg or let his ego screw another wrestler.

BTW, todays Raw was rather disappointing first off the Diesel return should of happened at the end of the first half, the Goldberg vs. Rock segment should of been at the end. Also too many matches were being recycled around with bad talent the only interesting segment was the JR. Incident and "down with the brown part V"

Guest Fly-T
WWE= Just about corrupt if you ask me.
All their plots and storylines aren't like what they used to be.
If you ask me, the worst thing they did was break up the roster into the two, Raw and SmackDown. :THinkin': Ahh, the good ole' days. Back when Undertaker was "SCARY" and "INTIMIDATING". Back when Kane couldn't talk but he communicated with that metal mic thingee. Back when DX was running things. Back when Legion of Doom was around. Back when The "Hart" Foundation was doing things. Back when Nation od Domination was around (Although they didn't really make an impact, it was tight to see Ahmed Johnson, The Rock, and Farrooq). Back when people would take advantage of the 24/7 rule on the Hardcore belt (Remember the stuff with Crash? Hah, Hilarious).

Getting back to the topic at hand, I came to an idea.
Maybe Goldberg should win because THe Rock in my eyes in gonna die in a couple of months. Then REJOIN the two shows, R & S, and then let the ego's of Goldberg and Brock Lesnar get to their heads and they'll want to fight to see who really is the unstoppable..Then the ROck will come out, try to interfere, Austin will come out, stop the Rock, Eric comes out mad because Austin is here, Vince is mad because Eric is mastermind-ing the interference and is trying to suspend someone who makes the WWE what it is, threatens to fire E.B. if he doesn't kiss hte ***, makes him kiss his *** to keep his job, hires Shane-O-Mac, then E.B. will propose a tag match with Ric to take on Vince and Shane to see who is Coorporately Dominant...And then, Triple H, GOldberg, Booker T, and Brock will have a match to see who the ultimate champ is. Booker T will win and then Book will face Stone Cold and the Rock in a triple threat. Ah, Brilliant

I think the WWE is going to make a 180 turn soon with big four come backs . If not well let's hope NWA:TNA can get on TV and give the WWE a fight. As for Nash let's hope he dosen't hurt himself again in the ring, Nash as face what is the WWE thinking. Maybe HHH has an ego and won't job to Goldberg, but maybe thats why Nash is a face so maybe HHH will job to Nash. Then have Nash job to Goldberg, I would be happy if Shamrock had a comeback .