OtakuBoards

WWF(E) Review

GhostofSalvtore

well I dont know If any of you heard but starting at [i]bad blood[/i] The PPV's are going to be split down the middle, 4 raw ppv's, 4 SD ppv's, and 4 for both. So its a great shot for some mid to lower card wrestlers to build up feuds and get PPV matches.

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im split on this Idea, because I liek an other wrestling fan want to get into the buisness, and I can feel the struggle that some superstars feel when they want o get these high caliber matches. But i also think that people want to see both superstars in a ppv each month...Idk, I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens in June

What match do you think willl be the main event this year(as in the last match of the night)
I mean I would expect Lesnar Angle, since that match has been hyped the longest but I think it will be Rock and Austin or Hogan and McMahon.
If I am not mistaken last year's main event was Hogan vs Rock?right,and that wasnt even a title match either.(if I am not mistaken again)

#[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Schratn9 [/i]
[B]well I dont know If any of you heard but starting at [i]bad blood[/i] The PPV's are going to be split down the middle, 4 raw ppv's, 4 SD ppv's, and 4 for both. So its a great shot for some mid to lower card wrestlers to build up feuds and get PPV matches. [/B][/QUOTE]

I posted about that a little while back. ~_^

I don't like the idea one bit. I will not order the split promotion pay per views unless they're relatively cheap. Because they're half a roster they should be half the price. After all, we're only getting half of what we would see from a joint promotion pay per view.

The main event this year will probably be The Rock/Austin match. Hogan and McMahon will most likely come directly before that. Speaking of which, the marketing blitz is incredible. The WWE did an awesome job promoting the match. The celebrity "interviews" were great. It's really being built up as a spectacle.

Last year's main event was Triple H/Chris Jericho. Which, of course, was because of tradition. Typically, world title bouts are important at Wrestlemania. But, following tradition was a huge mistake. People were actually walking out during the match.

And now--I will post the official Otakuboards Wrestlemania odds for your enjoyment. lol.

[b]Jericho:[/b] 5 to 2

[b]Hulk Hogan:[/b] 6 to 0

[b]Lesnar:[/b] 6 to 0

[b]Booker T:[/b] 4 to 3

[b]Taker and Jones:[/b] even with [b]A-Train and Big Show[/b]

[b]Rey Mysterio:[/b] 5 to 3

[b]Team Angle:[/b] 5 to 2 [Benoit and Rhyno] to 1 [Los Guerros]

[b]Kane and RVD:[/b] 6 to 1

[b]Jazz:[/b] 3 to 1 [Trish]

Edit: [b]Rock:[/b] 4 to 3

[color=limegreen]Heh pretty good odds there, by the way you missed Stone Cold vs The Rock odds; not sure if you ment to.

I'm not sure if Cena will take Angles place in the match to be honest. I can see him interefering though and I can see an outcome of him failing and also succeeding in costing Lesnar the match-up. I'm not certain where Goldberg will fit into the event. I reckon he needs to make an impact in one of the big matches, maybe ending Hulk Hogan's career, but surely he wants to be another fan favourite and not ruin his big shot like I think Steiner has done. What is Steiner doing at WMXIX? I've forgot if he's in a match or not, anyway I dislike Steiner's wrestling abilities and his muscles are very freaky.

Besides WMXIX I just thought I would say I get your American PPVs for free in England. :p Although for some reason now they sometimes make it PPV, which is annoying. Luckily Wrestlemania isn't a PPV. :D The English PPVs I've found aren't worth getting. The match-ups change all the time, due to wrestlers not being able to make it usually. I've been to Inserrection (sp?) and it was a great experience and the atmosphere was simply amazing, but it lacked potential in alot of areas. I've also been to a big WCW event in Las Vegas, can't remember the name it was something about Halloween I believe. What events have you lot been to and what did you all think of it? [/color]

Well I don't know what your talkin bout Cajones, bout Cena replacing Angle in some match,but if your talkin bout the WMXIX match then I think your mistaken.
but anyway news for today is............
Goldberg is scheduled for RAW next week

"Apparently, he made it very clear that he'd be debuting with WWE on Monday's RAW. That, as we've said before, seems to be the most likely date for his debut.

At this point, there is still a chance we may see Bill Goldberg at WrestleMania in some shape or form, but many factors seem to indicate that, by Monday's RAW, we will see him in WWE."

So I don't think Goldberg will be a SD superstar which I think is a bad idea unless they plan to move someone from RAW to SD, but I don't see the WWE doing that. And with the splitting of PPV's I dont think I will care too much bout the SD ones, and I would hope they charge less money since we are getting as much as before.

O, Also Kevin Nash is considering returning to the WWE has his mid-90's character......Diesel. I think thats a good idea, and can't wait to see how it turns out.

yeah, Diesal will be cool, especially if he teams with HBK, which will msot likely happen.

I actually have an idea that after the Booker/HHH match, 'The March' hitz ((You know the song)) and the sparkz start flying, out walks Goldberg and just stairs down the new World heavyweight Champion, whoever it is.

I also actually heard that 'Gilberg' will make an appearence, which would be HILARIOUS!

"The streak's on the line!"

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Jinzouningen17 [/i]
[b]Brock Lesnar Vs Kurt Angle[/b]
I think they're gonna have [spoiler]John Cena[/spoiler] come out and take Angle's place in this match wit Angle managing him and then Lesnar will beat him down and take the title. IF Angle does wrestle, then it should be a pretty good match. If not, then it may turn out to be the worst match of the night. We'll see what happens.
[/QUOTE]

[color=royalblue]Sorry about my poor last post I was commenting on this and yes it is the match at WMXIX. I doubt that Cena would take Angle's place, but you never know.

Wow Wrestlemania is tonight!!! Well tomorrow for me ... 2am, oh well I will be staying up to watch it and get my sleep at school lol. I won't embarrass myself by making my predictions although I can usually guess correctly, I will just comment after whether a match outcome was a shock to me, or very see-through (predictable) and also mention the highlights of the night.

What events have you members been too then? My most memorable moment when going to an event was meeting Goldberg outside my hotel. That was such an amazing experience in my eyes, but I'm sure some of you members go to events more regularly. I'm hoping to see another wrestling event on my trip to America, I've given up on English PPVs. :whoops:[/color]

Some WMXIX rumors

1.Angle's injury is not as severe as people have thought it to be. The reason for making it out to be a serious injury is so that if the match does not turn out to be a technical splendor than that would be the excuse.

2.Rock will defeat Austin tonight. Tommorow he will cut a promo bragging about his victory and then Goldberg will come in and tell him he wants him for Backlash and maybe we see a Spear or a Jackhammer.

3.It also looks and it may be confirmed that Kevin Nash will come back as Diesel but the question right now is when.

So anyway today will be the end of the wrestling season and tommorow is the beginning. What do you expect to see this year, do you see the WWE gaining more popularity, any character changies, and any new comers or low-carders rising up. Or what do you think of last year, anything you would change or any moment in particular that you enjoyed?

[color=indigo]I think it is going to all depend on the story lines that are created this year. If they start bouncing charecters back and forth between the splits, they could do a really good job marketing superstars this year. Hopefully, the addition of Goldberg and Nash (and possibly Sting...who is rumored to be negotiating terms with the WWE) will allow the writers to come up with some better story lines (personally, I'd love to see the streak again...but I guess it has been done before).

Just a side note...the RVD/Kane vs. Morley/Storm match will now be broadcast before Wrestlemania on Heat...this leaves more time for some intresting developments tonight (prehaps a Big Poppa Pump/Goldberg match...)[/color]

[color=red]I can imagine those three rumours coming true, if only Taker would go back to being The Phenom along with Kevin Nash being Diesel. I used to love watching the old Undertaker, he was way better in my opinion than the American Badass. You can disagree if you like, but things such as the Ministry and Corporate Ministry where amazing times in the WWE. Buried alive matches and so on was a good era.

The Invasion of WCW and ECW was my favourite, I enjoyed seeing the two companies battling it out and trying to get one over each other. This was the year before this one, but oh well that had been my favourite. I reckon this year Survivor Series was pretty good with the Elimination Chamber, and the Hell in a Cell match between Brock and Taker was a let down in my opinion. I thought the Phenom should of returned to his old self and they didn't go on top of the cell which was disappointing. There were plenty of moments to state and I never got to see the Royal Rumble which happens to be one of my favourite match-ups. :( The WWE would get more popularity if they ended the different brands, but I know this won't be happening due to the new PPVs. They could be interesting, but we will have to find out. Also lets see what Goldberg can deliver along with other new talent being brought in. There needs to be a hardcore title again! 24/7 rule with Crash reigning as champion was another tremendous time! I found some of the brawls they had histerical. :laugh: Also action packed. :D

Well there is some of my opinions ... [/color]

Hey guys, I can't wait for tonite...While were all waiting I thought I would hit you up with some 'Rumors' that are surfacing around tonite's show....

[i]Courtesy of Wrestlezone.com[/i]
[QUOTE]Kevin Nash will return to WWE as Diesel either tonight at WrestleMania or tomorrow night on RAW. The current plan right now is to bring him in as a face to side with HBK.

Many are expecting Chris Jericho to get the clean win over Shawn Michaels tonight as a way to show HBK 'passing the torch'.

Expect Kane and RVD to win the World Tag Team title belts tonight on Sunday Night Heat as a way to get WrestleMania off to a hot start.

--------------

The pre-WrestleMania festivities wrapped up tonight with the final session of Fan Axxess, and I thought I'd give you a run down on how things have gone.

Firstly, there are tons of people in town for the show from all over the United States and the world. In my small hotel alone there are guests from Ireland and several Japanese fans. As well I have met people from Australia, England and New Zealand. The city is definitely buzzing about WrestleMania as it is hard to walk a block in down town Seattle during the day and not see at least one WrestleMania T-shirt.

I took a tour of SafeCo Field yesterday with several other fans and got to see the preliminary set up for the big show. Stadium workers were covering the field with plastic mats, about 2'-by2', that have air holes to let the grass breathe. A stadium official said it will be the first time the field is completely covered.

Suffice to say the stadium looks great and should look fantastic on TV. The ring has been set up on second base with the entrance stage around centerfield. The stage features several screens of different signs converging in a pyramid shape ad displaying a loping blue WrestleMania graphic. the graphic is also displayed on the two-tone scoreboard ad another big screen n the stands. As well, WWE has brought two additional big screens that will be hung in the air. There's a huge vertical pole, shaped like an inverted triangle that reads WrestleMania. The lighting rigs above the ring are huge and quite elaborate. WrestleMania merchandise has taken over a large fraction of the Mariners Team Store at the ballpark.

A couple of other notes about the ballpark: although the weather in Seattle has been surprisingly dry and pleasant for the last week, the forecast for Sunday calls for pretty steady rain throughout the day, so stadium officials said the roof of SafeCo will most likely be closed for the show. The stadium does have its own weather forecasting instruments, so if the weather turns for the better, they could open the roof at any time. It takes about 20 minutes to do so; Limp Bizkit could be heard outside the stadium doing their soundcheck today; the WWE crew has pretty much taken over the nearby Grand Hyatt hotel. The wrestlers have been working out every morning at the Gold's Gym in Downtown Seattle and have reportedly been pretty accessible; Local TV stations and newspapers are still advertising that tickets are available to the big show.

The Axxess shows have drawn huge crowds - certainly at least the double the supposed 2,000 limit WWE advertised. The lines outside the Axxess shows have stretched for blocks. Although scaled down from past years, the shows have been mostly enjoyable with pretty much the entire WWE talent roster on hand in some capacity for pictures and/or autographs. Austin, Angle, Triple H, Brock, Booker and pretty much the entire A-level crew have been at the two autograph booths, with the one notable exception being The Rock, who never did a stint at the autoharp booth, but did do an in-ring interview, answered fans questions and did an angle with Austin while he signed autographs. The biggest lines were for Hogan and Austin. The A-level guys didn't come out for the last two Saturday shows. While all the wrestlers, with a couple of exceptions, have been pretty cool, the Heat and Velocity-level guys have really gone the extra mile to accommodate fans. Kanyon, Funaki, Ivory and Steven Richards are just a few names that come to mind. Kevin Nash signed autographs and looked to in great shape, and has dyed his hair dark brown again.

A couple of wrestlers were asked their feelings about not being on the Mania card. Test said "It sucks" and that he was very disappointed, especially since it was his second consecutive year without a match on the main-card. Adversely, Spike Dudley said it did not bother him at all and that he recognized it was a team effort.

[/QUOTE]

Well, we just now got finished havin a little Wrestlemania party at my house, and I must say, this has definetly got to be one of the GREATEST Wrestlemania's...well, Pay Per View in general that I've seen in a while. And to think, we missed 1 match(we didnt get home til around 8:30, so unfortunatly we missed the Matt Hardy/Rey Jr. match. I got to the house just in time to see the end of the Undertaker/Nathan Jones against Big Slow and A-Train match. And the end of that match was friggen awesome! That friggen spin kick that Nathan Jones has aint no joke.

That womens title match was lovely. Just like I stated in my predictions, Trish Stratus came out the winner, and it was a hot match. And what Trish had on was just...lovely. ^_^

I'm too friggen stoked to talk about the rest of the show. All of the matches were good in my opinion....except for HHH and Booker T(which we obviously know why it sucked.). Maybe tomorrow I'll give my full views on the matches. My 4 personal favorite matches of the night would have to be(in this order), Hogan Vs McMahon(mainly due to Vinnie Mac turnin Shane-O-Mac on us and jumpin off a friggen ladder), HBK Vs Jericho(for obvious reasons), Rock Vs Austin(3 Rock bottoms to win. Need I say more), and then Lesnar Vs Angle(mainly due to the fact that Lesnar did his OVW finisher. Missed, but it was still lovely.).....oh snap. How could I forget about the 4 way cat fight wit the Miller Light Cat Fight girls, Torrie, and Stacey. ^_^ Definetly one of the hottest PPVs in a long time.

So all in all, I give this years Wrestlemania, a 9.5. Only reason I didnt give it a 10 was because of that HHH/Booker T. That match was AWEFUL. The only good thing about that match was Booker T pulled off his old WCW finisher(the Harlem Hangover). I thought he had that match won...but then I remembered. It's HHH. You cant win against someone who gives himself a push since he's boinkin the bosses daughter. But eh, whateva.

Again, this years Wrestlemania gets a 9.5 in my book. If you didnt get to see it...GET THE ENCORE!! GET THE FRIGGEN ENCORE, DOWNLOAD IT, DO WHATEVER!! Watch this Pay Per View. You definetly wont regret it. ^_^

Guest Hikaru Ichijyo
For those who didn't already know, Hulkamania lives! Hogan defeated Vince McMahon and vows to return for Wrestlemania XX. Overall Wrestlemania XIX was half good and half of it sucked.

The Angle vs. Brock Match was disappointment, along with Triple H vs. Hooker T and also Rey vs Matt matches. The other matches were pretty good especially the womens match and the two shocks of the night Stone Cold Losing and HBK winning. Probably one of the more interesting things of the night was Taker's Wrestlemania undefeated streak continuing.

Overall nice wrestlemania though last year was much better.

"Whatcha Gonna do when the Hulkster runs wild on you!" If you couldn't tell I'm really overjoyed Hogan won!

Wrestlemania 19, what can I say? It, for the most part, was awesome as I expected it to be. But even still there was so much wrong with it. Let's get started with Heat. John Cena's rap was okay, and well done seeing as how his competition literally backed out at the last moment. But the mic wouldn't work for Cena during the whole beginning of his rap. It's Wrestlemania, you'd think they would try to make everything go along smoothly by checking their equipment out before hand.

Let's move on to a HUGE travesty from Heat. The main event of Heat Rob Van Dam and Kane take on Lance Storm and Chief Morley. Why the hell was this match on Heat? It's RVD and Kane! Besides that it was for the WWE Raw Tag Team Championship titles, it was way more important than that horrible A-Train/Big Show vs. Undertaker match. Nathan Jones didn't even participate in that match until the end because he was jumped earlier on Heat. Rob Van Dam, and Kane's careers are not going anywhere in the tag team division, and it's thanks to Triple H for sending them there.

Anyway, onto Wrestlemania itself. The Rey Mysterio/Mat Hardy Version 1 match was pretty good. But it was much worse than I expected it to be. It was way to short, and the way Matt Hardy won was just dull and ruined the overall match a lot. Besides that I really didn't like Rey's new Daredevil esque attire, very corny looking.

A-Train/Big Show vs. Undertaker. Nothing much to say besides what I all ready said. The whole match was boring, and slow. Nathan Jones comes out to make the save at the last second taking Big Show out allowing Undertaker to Tombstone A-Train. That confuses me...the man keeps doing the Tombstone. Yet, it's supposed to be banned.

Trish Stratus vs. Jazz vs. Victoria was surprising an awesome match. The best women's match in a long time. A lot of action, and watching Victoria was entertaining in itself. She's a great athlete obviously, but she's hilarious to hear in the ring. [i]"I hate you Trish Stratus! I HATE YOU!"[/i] LOL.

Chris Benoit/Rhyno vs. Los Gurreros vs. Team Angle was a good match as well. It wasn't anything great, but decent and far better than I actually expected it to be. Though I really didn't like Team Angle leaving with the belts, I mean they are good wrestlers and all. But nothing about them appeals to me except for the fact that Angle was with them, that's it.

Shawn Michaels vs. Chris Jericho was probably the highlight of the night. It was a great match. Shawn Michaels even dusted off his moonsault pin to a standing opponent. Jericho was constantly mimicing HBK by kicking up(or kipping up), pose stealing, and even stole the Sweet Chin Music complete with the foot stomping set up. I was surpised that HBK won the match, I was expecting Y2J to come away with the victory. But even though he lost that match really did wonders for Jericho's image in my opinion.

Booker T vs. Triple H was a decent match, that is until the end. It was just horrible. Triple H kicked out of an axe kick when Booker went right for the pin, but Booker doesn't kick out of a Pedigree after laying on the mat for about 20 or more seconds before Triple H finally pinned him. LAME. Also having Ric Flair out there at all ruined it as well, at a PPV such as Wrestlemania managers should NOT be at ring side. They ruin the matches.

Hulk Hogan vs. Vince McMahon was great, especially since I really didn't expect much from it begin with. It wasn't a pretty match, but then again was anyone expecting to see a technical match? No, but they put on one hell of a fight. Vince leg dropping off a ladder onto Hogan through the announcers table was awesome, and I really didn't think he'd do something like that. Also I just like how Hogan accidentally nailed that Spanish announcer with the chair like that, it was very unexpected. Sadly, I was waiting for him to whip Vince's *** with his belt but it never came but it was still good. That run in from Rowdy Roddy Piper was kinda out of place, he really shouldn't have been involved. He comes out there nudges Vince with his foot a couple times, then hits Hogan with that steel pipe and spits on him before leaving. I don't see that going anywhere is Piper didn't sign a contract to wrestle with WWE.

Rock vs. Steve Austin was a decent match, but very lop sided. Austin controlled 90% of the match, and even kicked out of a Stunner, People's Elbow, and two Rock Bottoms (I believe). Yet, Rock only gets to kick out of a Rock Bottom, and a Stunner. Besides that it was entertaining watching Rock mock Austin constantly such as wearing his vest for half the match.

Brock Lesner vs. Kurt Angle was great considering the condition of Angle's neck to begin with. It was full of technical wrestling, and I really like some of the German Suplexs done by Angle. I was very disappointed by Brock's Shooting Star Press. I had waited since that day I learn he used to do it in Ohio Valley Wrestling, and when he actually does it. He botches it, and lands on his head. I think Brock broke his neck on that, and will be sidelined along with Angle thus leaving Smackdown another superstar short. Overall, the match itself was great but the ending sucked.

Wrestlemania's biggest flaws were their constant interruptions with the Miller Lite Cat Fight girls, and Limp Bizkits crap singing. Also I'm tired of the WWE plugging all of this smut like content. It's not that I'm offended, hell it takes a lot to offend me. But it's supposed to be wrestling, even sports entertainment doesn't implicate anything like Girl Gone Wild. If I wanted to see this kind of stuff I'd watch porno, or switch to one of the many cable channels that constantly show such things. Also how many times do they need to advertise a friggen candy bar?!

I watch wrestling for wrestling, believe it or not. Well, anyway I'd give Wrestlemania 19 a 8.5 out of 10.

[color=indigo] I thought this years Wrestlemania was one of the best in years. All the matches were fairly long and entertaining...I personally partial to the Rock's match. I am glad he finally beat Austin at a wrestlemania, even though it took him a stunner, a people's elbow, and three Rock bottoms (yeah it was a little excessive, but it was a cool match)

I also thought the HHH/Booker T match was pretty cool. I love how Trips worked the Indian death lock on the Book Man. It seems like HHH picked up a few things form Nature Boy.

I think Brock Lesnar probably hurt himself doing the shooting star press...When the match was over he was bleeding from the nose pretty heavily.

There were only two downsides to WWXIX: Goldberg not making an appearence (just some stupid ad) and Limp Bizcuit.[/color]

[color=orange]This Wrestlemania was pretty god damn awesome in my opinion. The best part was when Hulk Hogan kicked out from the steel pipe and Vince's version of Hogan's leg drop and then all of a sudden Hogan hulked up (ran wild all over Vince). There was a lot of tension in that match for me; I was sweating, so this was very good even though Hogan will probably retire soon anyway. It was a brilliant match like you have all stated, and the leg drop was certainly devastating of the ladder. I wanted to see Vince get whipped with the belt and I thought Shane just checking how his dad was pretty lame, but I'm sure he will be in another storyline soon if he returns (Shane 'O' Mac, that is). As soon as I saw that referee that screwed Hogan at No Way Out, walk into Mc Mahon's office I could smell trouble. I also expected an interference, but Rowdy Roddy Piper never came to mind. I doubt Vince even asked Piper to interfere it was just a crazy occurrence that happened to take place. I hope too god he doesn't return as I can't stand him personally. On the other hand Goldberg and Diesel I am highly anticipating!!!

The Heat match-up was weird for being on Heat and The Dudleys changing sides. I'm guessing the Dudleys got offered a number one contender spot if they did interfere, but still why 3D Storm and then turn on RVD. RVD getting pinned from Bubba dropping an elbow was pretty lame!

Nathan Jones saving the day I thought was very predictable and I too am confused as in why Taker still uses the Tombstone, but still a good ending. Bring back vintage Undertaker please; 'The Phenom'!

Girls fights never brilliant wrestling ability since Chyna walked out I think, but always a pleasure to watch! Especially the cat fight, I'm sure Coach enjoyed it really. ;) I could see Trish winning, but to be honest I think Jazz deserves a chance to shine.

I could see from the beginning Matt Hardy and Y2J getting cheap victories over their opponents, but it wasn't the case this time for Y2J. He sure put up a heck of a display though, but HBK just had to do it really didn't he. He had an impressive entrance, but there was a few flaws with the guns that didn't work, but he still made it look good and funny at the same time. When Y2J lost I thought we saw a changed man (especially with tears), but with a low kick and shoving his head this obviously wasn't the case. I'm sure this rivalry will carry on to Backlash where Jericho should get a well- deserved victory over HBK.
Also I wanted Rey to get the victory, but I guess Matt makes the belt look worth fighting for. Rey needs to be involved in a ladder match, or a TLC would be good for Backlash. :D

Team Angle win, what more can I say could of gone either of the three teams way I guess either Kurt or Team Angle needed a victory. Rhyno and Benoit are single match specialists and Rhyno needs to be put back into the hardcore division I'm begging you.

The only excuse for the poor ending of HHH vs. Booker T is to put Booker out on the injury list for a while with an injured knee, because he had loads of time to recover from that pedigree. Harlem heat was awesome though. I was hoping Goldberg would stare down the champ in this match, but oh well.

I believe The Rock definitely deserved to get his 3rd time lucky victory, but throughout the match it didn't look lucky, he dominated the match and was very one-sided. The Rock vs. Goldberg would be good for Backlash, or HHH vs. Goldberg as that is someone Trip hasn't defeated as yet. I think that needs to be later on the year though. I mean look at Big Poppa Pump: Scott Steiner, he didn't even compete at Wrestlemania, I bet he's gutted. He has turned out to be a bit of a joke in my view. Anyway The Rock will have something to boast about after that great victory, his ego is going to be out of control and too right I suppose. I loved it when Lesnar shut it up after Rock loosing his precious title to him (I think). After that Rock left for ages, probably filming, but his ego still runs wild.
Good to see Rock did his little flip that he always does after the stunner again. :p

I saw a side of Angle that I remember seeing in his hometown of Pittsburg when beating Stone Cold for the title I believe. He seemed very upset like Y2J and Booker did when loosing. He even hugged Brock and I thought it was good sportsmanship. The shooting star press attempt by Brock was pretty funny, but I hope it didn't cause serious injury or Smackdown will be in serious deputy! I know more, than the commentators at times especially when they say no one has kicked out of this move blah blah.

In the end it was a decent event, I would rate WMXIX overall 8.75 out of 10.

I will probably edit later, oh yeah good old Lumpy Bizkit WWE's 'favourite' band![/color]

Well I am a lilttle late here, but I will say that WMXIX deserves a 8.5/10

Match of the night would have to beat HBK vs Jericho. This match had it all. HBK never looked better than this and Jericho was also giving it his all. Not much to say than whats already been said.

I thought though that the Rey/Hardy match wasn't as good as I expected. And I hated that H}{H won, I don't know where the WWE is going with him keeping the title.

I got to take a snack and bathroom break during those horrible concert parts by Limp Bizkit.....gawd they suck.
I was hoping to see a run-in by someone new, and not Piper, no offense but I really don't need to see him there. But hopefully Goldberg or Diesel comes in tonight.

Well Raw has just ended
It was a pretty good show I must say. RVD and Kane have won the tag titles, which is good. Booker T vs Jericho was a match that I think could be more of a ppv type deal. And next week Booker T and HBK vs Y2J and HHH. Also Austin gets fired which I had expected due to his bad neck and him maybe calling it quits since his contract expires in September. And out with one bald guy and in with a new Goldberg makes his way back does his line(Who's Next, Your Next deal). Also Rock said he would retire after accomplishing everything and he getting boo'd at it.

Anyway news and rumors
-Angle may return in May, there is news that a doctor can fuse his neck which would make recovery much faster, Angle is thinking about doing and could be out for 6 weeks.
-Like I said before Austin is on hiatus till who knows when. He is supposed to still be in some backstage action but nothing has been said for an in-ring return.
-Hogan and Vince have talked about a rematch at Backlash, possibly a cage match. This comes after last nights WMXIX performance which came off great and they did what they set out to do.
-Last night after the Shooting Star Press, which wasn't landed completly, Brock Lesnar was rushed o the hospital because of a concussion, today he has experienced some neck stiffness but he should turn out okay.

And thats all for tonights rumors and news.
By the way, my fav. wrestler is a tie between Jericho and Rock. I like seeing the Rock in shows because he is very entertaining, and Jericho is as well and also is a great at what he does.

[color=indigo]Hey Mark, good posting buddy, don't put too much thought into it 'kay...

Alright gents (and ladies), I just got finished running around my house screaming Goldberg (yes, I probably will get evicted tomorrow, but the person that serves the notice will definatly get a big spear), and I thought I'd comment on RAW. Tonight lacked the drama of a typical post WM Raw.

The matches were, ehh; Stone Cold got fired (he'll be back or he'll head to Smack Down), Triple H and Jerhico extracted revenge on the Book Man and HBK, and there were a couple blah matches. It was nice to see Kane and RVD win the titles, but it will stink if the Dudleys break up again.

I thought the highlight was definatly Goldberg...did you hear that chant, it was insane. As I have stated before, I am a huge Goldberg fan (My freshman year of college my roomates and I would wait outside the elevators and launch "sneak attack" spears on each other) and I am stoked that he and the Rock (my second favorite wrestling personality) will be going toe to toe. At first I was worried, Bishoff said the contract was still wet, but I thought he may be reffering to Deisel returning...

Oh well, that ismy two cents on Raw

GOLDBERG, GOLDBERG, GOLDBERG, GOLDBERG, GOLDBERG, GOLDBERG, GOLDBERG, GOLDBERG, GOLDBERG, GOLDBERG, GOLDBERG, GOLDBERG, GOLDBERG, GOLDBERG,
GOLDBERG, GOLDBERG, GOLDBERG, GOLDBERG, GOLDBERG, GOLDBERG!!!!!!!!!!![/color]

I didn't write these.

News and Rumors for Sunday, March 30

Hey everyone, welcome back to the often imitated, never duplicated news and rumors report here at r-------.com written up by yours truly. Wrestlemania 19, the so called grand daddy of all them all, takes place later today and naturally, all eyes will be on the PPV to see what happens, what doesn't, who wins, who loses and who debuts. The following report will basically be my own little preview and predictions of the event with ideas and thoughts on what I think could happen. I'm far from successful when it comes to predicting PPV results, but I'll try to lay out various scenarios with one of them hopefully materializing. Anyway, nothing more to say here in the intro so away we go...

Chief Morely & Lance Storm vs. Rob Van Dam & Kane - As announced on Smackdown!, this match has been moved to Sunday Night Heat for reasons which are still unclear, though some reports state that WWE simply was worried that they wouldn't have enough time to fit in all the matches and just picked this tag team one since it had the least background to it and because it probably has the least effect on storylines. It's a bit disappointing to many fans as RVD and Kane are among the more popular wrestlers out there, but at least they actually have a match unlike other superstars. I could see a couple things happening here - the first would be to see interference from the Dudley Boyz since they are now part of the "Bischoff Administration", leading to a win for Morely and Storm. I would assume then from there, the Dudleys would somehow end up winning the titles later on down the road, whether it be via a full face turn or not. The other thing that could happen is that Kane & RVD actually win the titles on Heat and then Morely, enraged that he's lost the belts, books the two to face the Dudley Boyz later on in the show. If this happens, it would at least explain why they moved the match from the PPV to Heat in the first place. Even though I like this second scenario better, I'm inclined to go with the heels as there may still be plans for an RVD/Kane feud in the near future. Prediction: Lance Storm & Chief Morely.

Undertaker & Nathan Jones vs. Big Show & A-Train - Let's get one thing straight right now: this match won't be pretty in the least. If you think Big Show and A-Train are awful wrestlers, live reports have indicated that Nathan Jones is much worse with many analysts and even WWE officials stating that he is simply not ready to be wrestling full-time or even part-time and certainly not at Wrestlemania 19, where 50,000 will be watching and scrutinizing his every move. I think there's a lot of credence to this claim as it's probably not a coincidence that Jones hasn't wrestled on TV yet or why WWE portrays his character as this beginner who really has no idea what he's doing. Let's just say that he's inexperienced and it shows. The match itself is interesting in that the major underlying plot is that between Undertaker and Jones as the long-term plan is no doubt to have them split by virtue of a disagreement leading to a feud and a PPV match or two later this year. On that note, it's possible that Jones could "screw up" in the match and somehow either inadvertently hit Undertaker or cost the two the match with a blunder or miscue or whatever. As much as I want to list this as my official prediction, I can't see Undertaker losing at Wrestlemania 19 as I have heard that backstage, he's quite "protective" of his streak and always angles his annual matches at the PPV to work in his favor. Of course on the flip side if Jones costs him the match and his undefeated streak, then it does give the angle more ammunition and a reason for the two to feud with each other but because WWE hasn't really referenced Taker's streak all that much, I don't think this is the route they are going. So I'll say Jones and Taker manage to co-exist for their first match and this already stretched out storyline will seap into the spring and possibly summer months. Prediction: Undertaker & Nathan Jones.

Victoria vs. Trish Stratus vs. Jazz - You know, normally I'd come out and say that I think Jazz would be the favorite to win this match. She just returned from an injury, she's a "fresh face" in the women's division (relatively speaking) and WWE is trying their hardest to portray her as this psychotic and vicious woman who can and will easily hurt her opponents for her own satisfaction and self-interests. But the one thing that hasn't worked is that Jazz still is drawing virtually no reaction as it seems the majority of fans couldn't care less about how much of a self-proclaimed ***** she is. Victoria, on the other hand, has done a serviceable job as WWE women's champion but she's been running out of steam a little with her title reign being much longer than anyone expected. On top of that, Victoria is wrestling through what could be a potentially serious knee surgery so there is some question as to if she will need time off in the future to take care of that. And finally, Trish Stratus remains relatively over compared to her counterparts and has recently been thrusted in what seems like a romance type angle with Jeff Hardy. The way I look at it, I don't think many fans in attendance would care if Jazz or Victoria wins so by default, I'll say WWE caters to the audience and lets Trish Stratus win. On more note - I'm not sure when exactly she's due back from neck surgery, but Lita should be getting pretty close to returning and I think her involvement in the women's division is much needed just to keep things moving forward. Prediction: Trish Stratus.

Matt Hardy vs. Rey Mysterio - This one has been building for a few weeks now and should deliver a nice little match as both guys are strong on the wrestling skills side of things and have strong characters to boot. I wasn't a big Matt Hardy fan when he was part of the Hardy Boyz tag team but since he moved to Smackdown! and was allowed to run with his "Mattitude" gimmick, my opinion changed and I found myself genuinely liking his work and interviews. Mysterio has been fantastic since making his debut last year, working great matches and getting over despite his lack of size. Taking everything into account, this match is surely Mysterio's to win as he's been rumored to be joining the Cruiserweight division ever since he entered the company but until now has stayed away from said division, instead mixing with the big boys and even the main eventers. Even though it's a stretch to believe that WWE will actually dedicate time and effort in finally making this division work, it doesn't change the fact that Mysterio is ready to hold his first singles title and that alone will at least help stabilize the division. As for this match's specifics, Shannon Moore could get involved but I think we'll see Mysterio pull out a clean victory. This probably won't happen but if WWE wants to get creative and have this feud extend longer or even to keep Hardy's momentum going they could have him win the match and then somehow strip him or reverse the decision if it is later found that he is actually a pound or two above the division's weight limit...especially when you consider how much they concentrated on this aspect of the storyline this month and last. Prediction: Rey Mysterio.

Shawn Michaels vs. Chris Jericho - WWE has taken their sweet *** time with this feud, spreading it over much of 2003 and building towards this one Wrestlemania 19 though indications are that the problems between these two may not be settled here. Part of the reason for the slow approach is Shawn Michaels' status as a "part-time" wrestler, more specifically that he only wrestles at selected TV and PPV events adding up to maybe a dozen times per year. That's fine and dandy with me because in the meanwhile, it allowed Jericho to showcase his skills as a versatile and multi-faceted performer as he carried simultaenous feuds with both Test and Jeff Hardy. Michaels for his part has been involved in many big Wrestlemania matches and for the most part he has enjoyed considerable success. Jericho, unfortunately, hasn't and most recently he actually lost his undispusted title to Triple H, being inexcusably overshadowed in the whole program by both Trips and his "wife" at the time, Stephanie McMahon. Maybe it's just the optimist in me, but I truly feel like this is Jericho's year, at least at Wrestlemania. There's no telling how many more matches Shawn Michaels has left in him and I really can't understand what it would accomplish by having him defeat Jericho. If Jericho wins though, not only would it give him a huge boost in arguably the biggest match of his career, but it could easily set up a rematch at the Backlash PPV, which as I mentioned above could most certainly happen. I'll go with Jericho winning. Prediction: Chris Jericho.

Team Angle vs. Chris Benoit & Rhyno vs. Los Guerreros - Another intriguing match on the Wrestlemania card and perhaps one that will live up to its hype in the ring in terms of the quality of match. Let's take a quick look at each of the three teams - Team Angle consists up-and-coming youngsters Charlie Haas and Shelton Benjamin, both of whom have not only generated a lot of momentum in recent weeks but are doing a splendid job as tag team champions. They are a prototypical heel tag team and are loosely aligned with Paul Heyman giving them some strong backup should they need it. With Kurt Angle taking time off after Wrestlemania, Team Angle will continue but it remains to be seen if they will keep assuming the same name. If they lose their tag team titles at the exact same time Angle leaves (and consequently loses his title), it could end up being disastrous to their marketability as they really would have nothing to convey them as serious tag teams or guys to be reckoned with. Meanwhile, Chris Benoit & Rhyno make up a tag team that I consider a temporary tandem in that WWE just found two established singles wrestlers and just stuck them together instead of figuring out individual storylines for each. Rhyno and Benoit are both too valuable to waste in the tag team division so I don't see this arrangement lasting too long, and in fact, it wouldn't be the least bit surprising to see them go the same route as RVD & Kane as their situation seems quite similar. And finally, Los Guerreros seem like they are always there and are sort of the "middle team" in the triple threat, as they can play both the heel or face role with equal effectiveness. If they win the titles, I'm not sure the audience will know whether to cheer or heel but I guess it will depend on who they pin. In the end, I think it's a moot point as I look for Team Angle to retain. Prediction: Team Angle.

Triple H vs. Booker T - I have mixed feelings on this match. On one hand, I'm happy to see WWE attempt to push Booker To the level of a Triple H, an Austin or a Rock by having him actually wrestle for a title at the PPV but on the flip side, anyone who has followed WWE for any considerable length of time probably knows that it's all building up to Booker T jobbing to Triple H - whether it be at Wrestlemania or sometime soon thereafter. The fact that Booker pinned Triple H last week on Raw (albeit in a tag team match) is basically the writing on the wall, as it's very unlikely for Triple H to give someone not named Austin, Rock or Undertaker two straight pinfall victories over him and that's not even taking into account that this match is at Wrestlemania. Now that I have all but conceded a Triple H victory, my only hope is that they do it in a fashion where Booker T comes off looking strong...well not strong, because that's kind of an oxymoron - but not looking weak if you know what I mean. I don't want to see Triple H kick the crap out of Booker and then casually hit the Pedigree for the 1-2-3 in the center of the ring. If there's ever a match I want to see a DQ ending or some sort of screwjob with interference from any outside party, this is it. So I'll just say go on that and say that Ric Flair helps Triple H win the match. Of course, I'd still love to be proven wrong. Prediction: Triple H will retain.

Kurt Angle vs. Brock Lesnar - A few weeks ago, this was probably the most anticipated match on the card as it would be the first ever prowrestling match between these two former amateur wrestlers. Furthermore, the foundations for this match had been set ever since Brock made his debut on WWE TV and since then, the company had done a great job keeping these two apart. Unfortunately, things don't always go as planned and along the way, Kurt Angle re-aggravated a serious neck injury which will require surgery within the next few weeks, all but giving away the result to the match and preventing the two from going all-out and giving the audience a match that only they could deliver. Don't get me wrong though - this will probably still be a great match, likely one of the better ones on the card, but Angle is wrestling with practically a broken neck and even though he will still try to compete "normally", he won't be the same and Brock won't be the same knowing Kurt's condition on the other side. WWE has taken steps to reduce expectations in the fans' eye and to steer Angle and Lesnar into a less dangerous match by selling an injury to Brock that occured at the last two Smackdown! tapings. This will apparently be used to explain why the match will be primarily mat-based even though fans will probably anticipate high flying moves, German suplexes and the like. The really sad thing about this match that many people don't realize is that it could very well be Angle's last match and on Smackdown!, Angle cut an almost shoot interview where he talked about giving it all and possible retirement and what not. His neck injury is so serious that there's always a chance that he just won't be able to make it back and according to backstage reports, that is precisely the reason he wanted to go ahead with the Wrestlemania match - he wants to leave on his terms, working at the biggest PPV of the year and working a great match, even by his standards. Whether you love him or hate him, I hope you all watch Angle wrestle this Sunday and think about the unbelievable risk he is putting himself through just to entertain us, the fans. Now that's a professional. Prediction: Brock Lesnar.

Steve Austin vs. The Rock - Austin vs. Rock, Wrestlemania part three takes place as probably one of the co-main events with the Rock looking to snatch his first win over Austin at the annual extravaganza. Both wrestlers have just recently returned from their respective hiatus from the company, Austin walking out after he disagreed with the direction of the company and Rock absent due to the filming of one of his many movies. Austin is expected to stick around for the forseeable future and work more or less a full-time schedule, including some house shows, all TVs and all PPVs. Rock's status is uncertain as he will definitely be gone by summer but could stick around until then depending on certain circumstances. With Goldberg now signed with WWE, there's a great chance that Rock will end up feuding with him as originally planned and it would make sense as Rock would be the heel (as he already is) and Goldberg would naturally come in as the big babyface. Where this puts Austin is unknown, but he could either go onto to feud with Triple H or even move to the Smackdown! brand if need be. As for the match itself, as strange as this sounds with Austin just back and Rock possibly leaving again, I think Rock needs the win more. He'll have Eric Bischoff, Chief Morely and gang unofficially on his side and if Rock wins, this is a good way for it to happen. From there, Goldberg could debut on Raw and step up to take on Rock while Austin could go in either of the directions I already mentioned. Prediction: The Rock.

Vince McMahon vs. Hulk Hogan - Would you believe it but this match may actually be the main event and will be given 25 minutes of air-time according to internet reports. All I can say is wow. I mean yes, it's a great historical type of match, but seriously, not too many fans today find it THAT interesting as it's several years too late. If Vince and Hogan have so many issues with each other, why wait this long to let everyone know about it? I mean jeez, Vince brought in Hogan to poison the then WWF a year ago! This match is also between two guys around 50 years old with little wrestling ability and smartly, WWE has decided to make it a "street fight match", basically to hide the fact that neither guy can wrestle. There's also the retirement stipulation which suggests that if Vince McMahon wins the match, Hulk Hogan has to retire from wrestling forever. I don't see that happening, especially since Hogan just returned to WWE. Don't think he'd agree to come back for two matches, including a job to McMahon leading to his "retirement". However, this is not to say that Hogan will still wrestle on WWE TV. With this being Wrestlemania where it all began so to speak, Hogan could very well defeat McMahon and then just sort of ride off into the sunset (sort of like how we all wished Bret Hart's career would end!). Either way, I see Hogan going over because it gives WWE the most flexibility going forward. Prediction: Hulk Hogan.

That's it for the Wrestlemania 19 matches, but with it being a four hour spectacle, there's probably going to be lots of other goodies sprinkled in to make the event feel extra special. In case ayone is wondering about Goldberg, it is not expected that he will actually appear at the PPV, though it's not out of the question for the commentators or wrestlers or whomever to subtly hint at his arrival. The plan as of now is for Goldberg to appear at Raw the next night at which time, I presume they will get him started on a storyline with the Rock or possibly Triple H. Unlike Goldberg, someone who could very well show up at Wrestlemania is Kevin Nash. Even though he has yet to be cleared to officially wrestle (at least from what I know), there have been rumors of him making some sort of an appearance at the show to jumpstart a future angle. If he does show up, it's a good bet that he'll get involved in either the Triple H or Shawn Michaels match as anywhere else really wouldn't make sense. And finally, there's the usual group of celebrities that always show up at Wrestlemania. WWE has already planned segments with the Miller Lite Catfight Girls, Limp Bizkit, and Ashanti, who will sing "American the Beautiful" at the beginning of the show. Rapper Fabolous, who was supposed to square off against John Cena in a "rap-off" has reportedly dropped out of the event so I'm not sure what they'll do with Cena now.

that was News & Rumors written every weekend by a site I goto, and here's some info on kevin nash (listed from oldest to newest)

Submitted on March 30, 2003 at 7:21 PM

Word has it that Kevin Nash may make some sort of appearance at WrestleMania tonight as ?Diesel?. That?s not yet confirmed, but that is the word.

Submitted on March 31, 2003 at 4:31 AM

- Kevin Nash actually is the one who suggested that he come back as Diesel, saying that he has had no luck lately wrestling as Kevin Nash. There's also a thought that he wanted to come back as Diesel because he knows it's a Vince McMahon creation and thus, gives him the best shot at a meaningful role on WWE TV. For what it's worth, he is expected to return on Raw tonight 3/31 but plans are not totally set in stone.

Submitted on March 31, 2003 at 4:11 PM

He talked a little bit about Kevin Nash?s return to WWE as Diesel. It appears as if that is the current plan, as Nash has apparently dyed his hair back to jet black to play the character.

Submitted on March 31, 2003 at 4:36 PM

More on Kevin Nash, as he was backstage last night at WrestleMania and was telling everyone that he is coming back on top as Big Daddy Cool Diesel.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by BigCajones [/i]
[B][color=limegreen]What events have you lot been to and what did you all think of it? [/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

The only live event I've attended was Wrestlemania XV at the First Union Center in Philadelphia. We were in the nose bleeds (because everything else was sold out), but it was a blast.

I got to see the first act of Rock/Austin, DX's last stand with Triple H joining the corporation, and a tag title match featuring the late, great Owen Hart.

Moving on, I enjoyed Wrestlemania. It had its disappointing moments, but [i]most[/i] of the big matches came through. And--if memory serves me correctly, all of my predictions were correct, except for the Triple H/Y2J prediction. Darn, I'm good. :toothy:

I expected Triple H to win the moment I heard the Raw only pay per view would be called "Bad Blood" since the two have legitimate heat with one another. So, I can't say I'm too surprised with that outcome.

I was disappointed with Triple H going over The Hurricane on Raw tonight. The Rock did a huge program with him, put him over, and Triple H single-handedly cooled him down tonight.

Other than that, and the Maven match, I enjoyed Raw. Although Diesel didn't return (even with the perfect opportunity painfully apparent), we got to see "Da Man" on Raw. If you're a wrestling fan, you had to be marking out. I was surprised how good he looked, didn't put on a bunch of weight or anything.

This program with The Rock should be excellent--even given the predictability.