OtakuBoards

WWF(E) Review

GhostofSalvtore

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Kane was cheated no duh and what scares me more was the video tapping of kane err. HHH jumping up and down on a plastic dol with kanes mask on.

THAT SCARED ME TO SANITY *is carried off by the trusty men in white coats*

And SHAWN MICHAELS IS ALIVE *cough cough* i knew that was coming *cough cough*

But seriously there doing the same thing they did to Hogan let Shawn Michaels own the WWE in a day get a title loose it and get his carrer by a hamer uh i mean sledghammer *looks at his postion* but what do I know I'm crazy.

True that, buts its a major shame. HBK was amazing, and his and HHH's match at SummerSlam was incredible.

And I think there gonna do the same thing with Brett Hart, since Randy Orton was talkin smack bout him and what not, and now there having this whole annalogies thing or whatever. It would be sweet to get the hitman back once more. Best there is, best there was, and the best there ever will be, self-proclaimed ofcource.

Its been awhile since I've seen WWE, but that "Kane" video was...uhm...disturbing, and a bit funny at the same time. But its nothing compared to all those jokes D-Generation used to make of their enemies in the past (The Corporation and The Nation)

To tell the truth, I hate this new edge KAne and the Undertaker have. The whole biker persona, and Kane's new attitude. What happened to the voice box? the man from the darkside edge? I miss those days.

Also, what is the story behind Undertaker and this other chick?

Edit: Though I live in San Antonio, I never really liked Shawn Micheals but I hope he beats the crap out of HHH, sooner or later. HHH used to be so cool, now I can't stand him.

[size=1][color=firebrick]Your right, that Kane video was disturbing and because of it I now am boycotting wrestling. I shall watch it no more. Well, untill CWB says hey the story lines are finally good again. Then I'll watch it. :p[/size][/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by shadowdramon [/i]
[B]

Also, what is the story behind Undertaker and this other chick?

. [/B][/QUOTE]
Are you talking about Sarah, his wife??
Did you guys see Big show thow Undertaker off the metal thingee.

[QUOTE]Please dont get too mad at me everyone, but I think wrestling is just rediculus.[/QUOTE]

well that's some people's opinions. While people looking and posting in this thread are USUALLY interested in wrestling or just want to know what's happening in wrestling. People don't just come in here and say "... i'm not interested/like/a fan of wrestling." everyone knows wrestling is fake but they watch it for the entertainment factor (although since the rosters split it's has evolved even more into a soap opera). SO if you are not interested, or don't like wrestling then please don't post here. Wrestling might be a bit ridiculous but it entertains people for 2 hrs every monday and thursday. That's about it.

--Nomad

• 2 weeks later...
SMACKDOWN!

Tazz and Michael Cole come out, presumably this is for the Tuesday night special.

Tazz M.C.'d an interpromotional bikini contest between Trish Stratus and Torrie Wilson. Both got good pops when they polled the crowd, then Nidia ran in. Stratus and Wilson cleared the ring of her and Tazz raised both of their hands.

Eddie Guerrero def. Chris Benoit and Edge in a triple-threat match. Finish had a ref bump and Chavo run in on Edge, then Rey come out and hit Chavo with an Asai moonsault of the barrier. Mistero grabbed his knee like he was hurt selling the move. Benoit had Eddie in the crossface, Angle then threw the ref in the ring but into Benoit as well, breaking up the hold. Benoit went to confront Angle on the apron and Eddie shoved the two together and rolled up Benoit with the tights for the win.

Funaki and Chuck def. D-Von and Ron Simmons when Funaki rolled up D-Von.

Albert def. Mike Kinkade(I think that was his name) in a squash.

Tajiri def. Crash with a kick to the head. Crash did a bunch of comedy spots such as hopping over the top rope to get in the ring and falling on his face.

Smackdown starts as Tazz and Cole come out again.

Billy Kidman and Torrie Wilson def. Jamie Noble and Nidia when Kidman pinned Noble with the shooting star press. Backstage Al Wilson talked to Torrie after the match and said how he had provided for her and everything and tonight he needed to do something for himself

Rikishi and John Cena had a rap contest backstage. Before the match Cena also did a backstage promo saying how he grew up in New England but moved out of here as soon as he could to be with his fellow beautiful people.

Eddie and Chavo complained about not getting a tag title shot to Stephanie and teased her about the kiss with Bischoff, so she put Eddie in a match with Brock for the title.

Rikishi def. John Cena following a stinkface and a Banzai drop. Finish seems pretty dumb to me and defeats the purpose of anybody new getting over.
Thanks Hunter!

Backstage Matt Hardy told Paul Heyman that he was going to soften up Big Show for Brock just like he did with The Undertaker.

In the ring Al Wilson called out Dawn Marie. He proposed to her, saying he'd have to kill himself if she said no. She said yes. Crowd hated this.

Big Show defeated Matt Hardy with the chokeslam. Show didn't sell much, and promised to win the title at Survivor Series.

Rey Misterio and Edge defeated Chris Benoit and Kurt Angle in a
two-out-of-three falls match to win the tag titles. First fall was Edge and Misterio getting the win with a combination powerbomb by Edge and a springboard Molly-go-round(forget the real name) by Misterio. Second fall was Edge tapping to the ankle lock. In the third fall Misterio had Angle pinned with a rana and the ref counted three while Angle grabbed the ropes with his hand. After a break the match restarted, and Misterio and Edge won the fall again after miscommunication by Benoit and Angle. Hell of a match.

Backstage Paul Heyman yelled at Brock. Said he couldn't beat Big Show and that he would have to see if he could beat Eddie without him.

Brock Lesnar beat Eddie with the F5. Eddie had Brock in a wristlock and Chavo was going to come off the top rope with an axhandle but Brock just launched Eddie into Chavo. Brock then hit the F5 to get the win. Brock was walking up the ramp and holding his belt up facing the ring when Show attacked him from behind. Big Show press slammed him off the stage to the floor. Heyman and the refs and medics came out to check on Brock and put him in a neck collar and prepped him for a stretcher as the show went off the air.

Big Show's music played and he walked from the ramp to the ring and cut a short promo, saying how he has destroyed The Undertaker, put Lesnar through the announce table and "more recently" thrown Lesnar off the ramp. He said that "on Sunday" he was going to take the WWE title. I assume this will air on the Tuesday special.

Brock was shown stumbling to his feet and taking off the neck brace. He stumbled to the ring and rose up the belt to a good ovation and then left to end the show.

The arena was about 75% full, with almost all of the sections at the top of the arena blacked off.

Guest LionSalt
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Fly-T [/i]
[B]Are you talking about Sarah, his wife??
Did you guys see Big show thow Undertaker off the metal thingee. [/B][/QUOTE]
No he was talking about a different chic, named Tracy. The storyline was that he was supposedly cheating on Sara with her. The storylines are getting crapier and crapier now a days. I saw ECW all the way! I hate how the WWE is destroying all the best ECW wrestlers careers. It just pisses me off, Dreamer, Justin Credible, Mike Awesome (WWE Japan), and R-V-D! All suffer from lack of t.v. time. They are 10 times better than the Rock and Kane, but yet, they don't even get the tiniest push. :flaming:

• 2 weeks later...
SD! Spoilers!

Report by: Nick Grant, -------f.com reader

Smackdown Match 1: Rey Mysterio Jr. vs. Jamie Knoble (with Nidia)
Nidia looks very hot in person. Decent match but suprisingly very little high flying moves from Mysterio. Near the end through, Rey gets the 619 on Knoble and is setting up for the West Coast Pop when Nidia grabs his foot. Rey chases Nidia into the ring and Knoble lifts Rey over his head. However, in a very cool spot, Rey goes over Knoble's head, bounces off the ropes, lands back onto Knoble's shoulders and hits the hurricanrana for the win. A bit slow of a match but cool ending.
Winner: Rey Mysterio Jr.

They showed Brock Lesnar pacing the parking lot area waiting for Heyman & Show to arrive.

Nidia tries to consol Knoble backstage but Knoble feels the only way he's going to get his cruiserweight title back is to bring in his cousin. Looks like another wacky redneck addition to the Knoble/Nidia team.

(Note: These backstage segments might be out of order)

Brock walks into one of the locker rooms but no one will look him in the eye. Matt Hardy tries to give Lesnar a pep talk and thinks that if he had just had a little more Mattitude, he wouldn't have suffered such an unfortunate Twist of Fate. Brock responds by sending Matt through a wall.

Stephanie comes in to look at the carnage that Brock did to Matt and Eddie goes off on her about an unsafe working enviroment. Too funny. Eddie doesn't think Brock will listen to a woman but Stephanie promises to handle Lesnar.

Smackdown Match 2: "The Crippler" Chris Benoit vs. Chavo Guerrero
Eddie comes down with Chavo but the ref sends him to the back. Solid match between the two. Near the end, Benoit hits the 3 german suplexes and the top rope headbutt but only gets two. Chavo tried for this springboard move but he slipped on the rope and fell on his face. However, right after he fell, Benoit locked in the Crossface but Chavo made it to the ropes. Chavo tried a dive off the top but Benoit snatched Chavo as he was coming down and locked the crossface back in again for the submission win.
Winner: Chris Benoit

Brock is back to pacing outside in the parking lot when Stephanie shows up. She promises he'll get a rematch but if he touches Heyman or Show tonight, she'll suspend him. Brock barely paid attention to Stephanie the entire time.

Smackdown Match 3: WWE Cruiserweight Championship: Billy Kidman (Champion) vs. Tajiri
Good match between the two but kinda silent from the crowd. Kidman managed to hit the shooting star press at the end for the win to retain.
Winner: Billy Kidman (Still WWE Cruiserweight Champion)

Show & Heyman arrived and Heyman gloated to Lloyd that he is aware of every move Brock takes and that he won't do nothing to the new WWE Champion.

Meanwhile, Brock is pacing in Stephanie's locker room and tells Brock that Heyman & Show are heading to the ring for interview time. Brock is pissed and Stephanie again lets him know that if he attacks either, he's suspended. Brock claims it's ******** and leaves.

Brock's music starts but Heyman comes out, wearing the title and imitating Brock. He talks about how he was the brains behind Lesnar and got him everything he ever did. Show comes out and basically talks trash about Lesnar and mentions that Edge will go down as well in their title match later tonight. Heyman closes things saying that the last thing he did while he was Brock's agent was to slip in a "No Rematch" clause into the contract for the match between Show & Lesnar at the Survivor Series. Heyman & Show leave but Brock jumps out from the crowd, grabs a chair and smashes Show with it while giving chase to Heyman but is held back by refs and Stephanie.

Big Show laid on the ramp for about 5-10 minutes before refs came out to help him.

They recorded Stephanie yelling at Brock just inside the enterance to the stage, warning him not to mess with Show & Heyman again tonight or he's suspended.

Smackdown Match 4: Kurt Angle vs. Eddie Guerrero
Chavo comes down with Eddie but the ref sends him back. Good match between the two. Chavo comes back about halfway in and stands on the ramp. At the right moments, he runs downs and attacks Angle. Benoit comes out but stays on the top of the stage and doesn't get involved. In the end, Eddie was on top for his frog splash and Angle managed to get him crotched and then do his run up the ropes into a Angle Slam for the win. Chavo tried to attack post match but got the ankle lock for his troubles. Angle turns to see Benoit clapping at the top of the stage.
Winner: Kurt Angle

Big Show was getting looked at and Heyman tells Show he's going to talk to Stephanie.

Sure enough, Heyman is in Stephanie's office and wants the match between Edge & Show called due to the shot Lesnar hit on Show. Stephanie says the match is still on but she'll give her assurances that Brock won't interfear in the match.

John Cena cuts a pre-match promo that won't air calling Hartford the bathroom break between Boston and New York.

Smackdown Match 5: John Cena vs. Rikishi
Sure enough, we boo him. Cena has a new semi-rap theme now. Despite wondering why, Rikishi gets a big pop. Before the match starts, Dawn Marie & Al Wilson come out on the stage and invite everyone to their wedding. Al Wilson pretty much mumbles through his part and swaps spit with Dawn as the match finally starts. Rikishi manages to pick up the ring with a belly to belly suplex and goes for the banzi drop post match. However, Bull Buchanan runs in with a hat on and picks Rikishi up and hits the electric chair on him, followed by an elbow and a legdrop. Cena & Buchanan leave together.

Then there is this HUGE LONG WAIT before the main event. Edge gets interviewed by Funaki and basically says he'll do whatever it takes to win the gold.

They also did a Steiner promo but when it said "Will make special appearance NEXT WEEK", we all booed.

Smackdown Match 6: World Wrestling Entertainment Championship: The Big Show (Champion, with Paul Heyman) vs. Edge
Edge gets in a fury of offense before turning into the Big Show's bumping partner. Near the end, Edge manages to hit a tornado DDT on Show but only gets two. He then hits 3 spears to finally knock Show down but just as the ref is counting, Heyman pulls Edge out. Edge chases Heyman and of course this doesn't go well. Big Show hits the chokeslam but Heyman tells Show to treat Edge like he's Brock Lesnar and Show hits the chokeslam on Edge two more times before Brock runs in and hits another very impressive F5 on the Big Show and then chases Heyman off through the crowd.
Winner: Big Show via DQ (Still WWE Champion)
r

Velocity Spoilers, sorry no SD! spoilers this week.

Report by: wrestlingobserver.com

[color=indigo]Dark Matches

1)Super J v Doug Basham: Super J wins via roll-up.

2)Shelton Benjamin and R.C. Haas v Shannon Moore and Spanky: Bejamin pins Spanky for the win.[/color]

[color=green]Velocity Tapings begin

1) Redd Dogg v Rikishi: Rikishi hits all signature spots and hits the Bonzai drop for the win.

2) John Cena with B-Squared(Bull Buchanan) v Danny Danoochi: Cena wins. Cena raps for us at the beginning.

3) Albert and Bill DeMott v 2 jabronies: DeMott hits the No Laughing Matter for the win

4) Crash v Funaki: Crash wins

1) Edge and Rey v John Cena(with B-squared)and Matt Hardy: Hardy wins when
he rolls-up up Rey and grabs the ropes.

2) Stephanie comes to the ring to tell us her big announcement that she is
suspending Brock Lesnar. He is then forced to leave the arena as the hired
police forced told him to.

3) Chuck Palumbo v Tajiri: Tajiri wins with the mist and a kick to the head

Backstage with Stephanie and Kurt, talks about her Aunt Flo that visits
monthly. Kurt didn't seem to get it and said he wishes he had an aunt that
visited him every month. Really needed to know that it was that time of the
month for Stephanie Heyman and Show run into Matt Hardy. Hardy says he could
beat Lesnar if he was face to face with him, Heyman agrees and they leave.

4) Los Guerreros v Angle and Benoit: Awesome match, not as good as prior
matches but the best match on Smackdown and should come off well on t.v. Los
Guerreros win with a belt shot to Benoit.

Moolah is shown backstage in Stephanie's office and Stephanie tells her she
has a match for her tonight. Yeah!!

Billy Kidman and Torrie are talking prior to the Pilgrim Fashion show.

5) Torrie wins the Pilgrim Fashion show with a pumpkin shot to the head of
Dawn Marie. Al Wilson (Mr. Charisma) gets on the mic and bores everyone to
death. He is also wearing a turkey suit and the Cat rips into him and it is
hysterical.

Marc "Mike" Lloyd interviews one of the ring crew guys who supposedly sold
Lesnar a ticket back in the arena he was barred from. The ring crew guy
(playing a scalper) says he doesn't know what Lloyd is talking about and
runs away.

Steiner arrives sometime in a limo and is asked by Lloyd what he is doing
here. He then flexes the peaks and walks away.

6) Kidman v Crash for cruiserweight title: Kidman wins with Shooting Star
Press.

Steiner runs into Noble and Nidia backstage and Noble goes to greet Steiner
and Steiner blows him off but grabs a large hunk of the junk in Nidia's
trunk and walks off. Noble gets pissed and goes out to the ring to call out
Steiner. Steiner comes out to a big pop and destroys Noble. Hits the Gorilla
Press Slam and the Exploder. Talks about his freaks and his peaks and
leaves.

Main event: Moolah v Big Show with Heyman: MOTY candidate, not really.
Heyman cuts a promo, Show goes to chokeslam Moolah, Lesnar comes out of the
crowd and beats on Show. Paul runs up the ramp and Lesnar hits the F5
through the announce table on Show. Lesnar walks up the ramp and the
rent-a-cops block him from exiting with Stephanie standing behind them.[/color]

• 2 weeks later...
some stuff....

Paul Heyman is reportedly working very closely with the Big Show. With Heyman's input, there has been a significant difference in Big Show's demeanor backstage. Show is said to be fitting in just fine in the locker room. While being perceived as a nice guy, he is known as being a bit immature.

Heyman doesn't play much of a role with talent these days, despite writing for couple of shows and attending production meetings. He does not produce vignettes or promos, and seems to carry himself more as a talent, rather then a member of management, but that is not the case.

As most of you may know, Billy Kidman is engage to be married with Torrie Wilson. Reports indicate that Kidman isn't too crazy about his fiancé's current lesbian angle.

On a related note, Stephanie McMahon produced that lesbian hotel angle, and she was present along with the camera crew. Neither Vince McMahon nor Paul Heyman was there, however.

Many wrestlers in the RAW brand are hoping that Scott Steiner will go over to the SmackDown brand, because they wouldn't want another wrestler to leapfrog over them and feud with Triple H. Steiner is also perceived as a guy with a major attitude, and some expect he will be difficult to work with. Steiner made his in-ring wrestling debut on December 7 in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada against B-Squared, formally known as Bull Buchanan.

[i][Source: Pro-Wrestling Torch Newsletter. Subscription prices available @ PWTorch.com][/i]

----------

[i]The following are highlights from Xtreme Mayhem's interview with Mike Tenay of NWA TNA. The interview was conducted by Mike Nagel and Jeff Meacham on December 13th (Friday the 13th!), 2002. The entire interview went just over an hour! Visit [url]http://xtreme.themayhem.com/[/url] to listen to the streaming audio or downloadable version of the interview![/i]

[b]Tony Schiavone[/b]

Bobby Heenan's negative comments about Schiavone were brought up, and Tenay said he wasn't as negative about Schiavone. Tenay said that he had a good working relationship with Schiavone for many years. Tenay felt that Heenan's dislike for Schiavone had to do with both Schiavone's position in the company and the fact that Heenan felt Schiavone didn't treat him with enough respect. Tenay said that Schiavone had been put in
a tough situation by WCW and that was why many people had conflict with him. Tenay felt that the reason why Schiavone put his head down during Nitro was because he had been losing interest in wrestling over the years. Tenay said that Schiavone probably neglected the fans because he was so busy and people would take him the wrong way when he was having a bad day. Tony Schiavone came up with "The Professor" nickname.

[b]Getting Into The Business[/b]

In 1962, Tenay's grandfather introduced him into wrestling. Tenay would watch shows from The Grand Olympic Auditorium in Los Angeles. Tenay was inspired in a masked wrestling known as The Destroyer, who was from parts unknown and would offer $1000 if anyone could break the figure four leglock. Tenay started reading magazines and doing research on wrestling. In 1967, at age 12, Tenay started writing for magazines and
newsletters, similar to Dave Meltzer's newsletter. According to Tenay, a young Dave Meltzer was one of the subscribers of Tenay's newsletter. Tenay eventually started his own radio wrestling show, and before long he ended up in WCW, and now in NWA TNA. Tenay was involved with the "When Worlds Collide" show in 1994, which helped bring Tenay and the lucha libre style of wrestling into WCW.

[b]WWE Product[/b]

One of the reasons that Vince McMahon spoke out about what wrestling being entertainment instead of a sport was because by doing that, the WWF didn't have to pay fees to the athletic state commision for live events and pay-per-view events. Tenay said that he was in talks with Jim Ross about joining the WWE, but things failed to work out because
Tenay didn't like the idea of not being able to negotiate due to there only
being one major promotion. Tenay felt that the promotion could be more successful if they either focused more on the cruiserweight division or eliminate the roster split. Tenay went on to talk about how the WWF blew it with the WCW storyline, saying that they should have hired the big names and some of the WCW announcers, and then they should have
capitalized on the potential dream matches.

[b]Signing With NWA TNA[/b]

Tenay met with Jeff Jarrett, and the rest was basically history. He enjoys the schedule and likes being around the younger wrestlers in the locker room. He says that the wrestlers aren't looking for a paycheck, but are going out there to prove themselves and put on a great show for the fans. Tenay has been given freedom by both Jarretts to do what he wants and he also enjoys being the lead announcer.

[b]Vince Russo[/b]

In regards to Tenay's short-lived heel run in WCW, Russo wanted Tenay and Midajah to actually get into a fight where Tenay would actually throw punches at Midajah, and Scott Steiner would come out and attack Tenay. Tenay said that during a television interview with Russo, Russo told Tenay that he would be wrestling on the next show, but Tenay wasn't informed about this prior. Tenay said that Russo was one of those guys who would
take something that had been proven successful over the years and do the total opposite. An example was Russo would notice how over a guy like Bill Goldberg was, so Goldberg would end up turning heel. Tenay says Russo is one of the main reasons that wrestling has died down so badly, and he brings up that only a few million people are watching wrestling now instead of the twelve million in 1999.

[b]Rumor Killer[/b]

Tenay bring up the news reported by Wade Keller where supposedly it was common knowledge that if Russo was brought into TNA, that both Sean Waltman and Tenay would quit. Tenay told Jeff and Jerry Jarrett that he would work with Russo, but he would not work FOR Russo. Tenay says that Waltman doesn't want to have anything to do with Russo,
period.

[b]Jarrett/Tenay Guitar Incident[/b]

Tenay ended getting his nose and face busted open from Jeff Jarrett's guitar shot in 1999. The next week, Tenay came out and told Jarrett things had to stop, and when Tenay turned around, Jarrett attacked him and Bill Goldberg made the save. When Tenay walked backstage, everyone gave him a standing ovation. Shane Douglas said that if every
babyface sold like Tenay, the company would be on top of the world. While everyone had good things to say about Tenay, Russo would not even look Tenay in the eye and thestoryline ended up being dropped because Russo didn't want Tenay getting over in that angle.

[b]Scripted/Non-scripted Interviews[/b]

Tenay said that things used to be where wrestlers would just give interviews from the heart, and Russo made it so all the interviews were 100% scripted. Tenay said wrestlers ended up focusing more on memorizing the interviews instead of speaking from the heart or preparing for their match.

[b]X-Division[/b]

Tenay said that he sees the same thing in Amazing Red that he does in someone like Rey Mysterio. Tenay talks about an X-Division gauntlet on this Wednesday's NWA TNA PPV, which will only have pinfalls and submissions. Tenay says they are trying really hard to get Chris Daniels and Low Ki for the show, but there is a problem because both are under contract to Japan promotions.

[b]Vince McMahon[/b]

Tenay said that Vince's McMahon being called a genius is overrated simply
because of the failure of the WCW invasion angle.

[b]Scott Steiner[/b]

Tenay respects Scott Steiner but hopes Steiner's stint in WWE can go
injury-free. Tenay said that Steiner has a tendency to act very friendly one minute, and then keep to himself the next minute. Tenay talked about the incident where Steiner choked him out, saying that while Steiner wasn't trying to hurt him, Tenay's wife noticed the finger and
thumb prints in his neck the following day.

[b]Goldberg[/b]

The two were became friends basically from Goldberg's first day in WCW, and they still remain friends today. Tenay said that Goldberg goes out of his way to do charity work that never gets reported. Tenay also called Goldberg a huge hockey fan. Tenay says that he would not be shocked to see Goldberg in WWE at some point during 2003.

[b]Ric Flair[/b]

Greatest professional wrestler of all-time in terms of being the total package. Great wrestler, great mic skills, class act. Tenay said that Flair and Bobby Heenan were the most fun to be around in WCW. Tenay also said that Flair was "The Nature Boy" 24/7.

[i]Make sure you check out NWATNA.com! Consider getting involved with the charities on the website which are for good causes. You can even win a chance to announce NWA TNA with Mike Tenay himself![/i]

--------------------

WWE no longer offer fans access to history sections on their websites, this may be due to the old "WWF" references in most of the material. In addition, the WrestleMania and SummerSlam history sections were cutback as well. The WWE and WCW title history sections have also been removed, probably because they haven't decided whether the current titles fit historically with the history of WWF and WCW.

Crash Holly apparently approached Nathan Jones backstage recently, to talk about having a match. Jones replied by saying, "Oh, let me guess, I'm going over," treating the situation quite frivolously. Nathan does not sell a lot while wrestling, because that was the way he learned to carry himself in the ring when he use to wrestle in Japan.

Little Guido, who is currently playing Jamie Noble's cousin Nunzio, is well liked backstage, but he is known for being somewhat neurotic for thinking he is in or is about to be in trouble for something he may have done. Guido, who some of you may remember in ECW, was one of the wrestlers Paul Heyman tried to get into WWE. Heyman loves the guy, but he was the last person on his wish list to get hired. Look for Guido and Noble entering the SmackDown tag team title division.

[i][Source: Pro-Wrestling Torch Newsletter. Subscription prices available @ PWTorch.com][/i]

-----------------

- The Atlanta Journal-Constitution and some of its staff were recently given full backstage access to the Smackdown! tapings to write up an article on what goes and how everything is run. During their time backstage, they reported that Vince McMahon told them that both The Rock and Stone Cold Steve Austin would be back in 2003. To read the full article, click [url=http://www.accessatlanta.com/ajc/living/1202/12wrestling.html]HERE[/url].

Source: 1wrestling.com

---------------

and some stuff from Nomad;

-anyone see SD!'s new interviewer? he looks like Josh from Tough Enough 1 ;)

-what do ya'll think about Torrie & Dawn?

-which show would ya'll rather see Steiner on?

-----------------------------------------------------

PS tried to att zip file of News And Rumors for yall

I've watched wrestling for years ... Smackdown 4 is a real good wrestling game in my eyes. Wrestlemania X8 is a fun game but lacks options of gameplay unlike Smackdown 4 I think.

WWE is no different to a soap really. It has its funny and intense storylines which really get me involved. Also there are some heck of good matches. Hell in cell, anything hardcore does me good lol. The divas are well hot which is an extra for advertising! I had a childhood dream of being a wrestler when I'm older, but now I've realised that there are serious injuries even though it is all fake. People do get hurt, but i would do it all for the fame, but i couldn't spend that much time away from my family *hopes to get one*.
Lately i think Brock Lesnar is looking real good and Scott Steiner's return could be mad. I hate it when the main events are PPVs.
I have seen Inserrection (or however you spell it) and i must say it wasn't great compared to American events, but hey they never are lol. The atmosphere was amazing i loved it, what an experience.
I also saw WCW when that was on T.V in Las Vegas woohoo!

Still enjoying the storylines keep up the good work WWE

Grant :demon:

• 5 weeks later...
long time huh? Ok SD!

Smackdown Taping:

They show that there will be a "2 on 3" match having Chris Benoit and Edge teaming up against Team Angle.

Los Guererros V. John Cena and B2
I still find it amazing that Eddie and Chavo are faces. Anyway, big news on this one. Match starts off great with Eddie showing off some nice moves. The bad part came when he got taken out of the ring by B2, and John Cena attacks Eddie when the ref is distracted. He gives him a few shots but then picks up Eddie and slams him down hard on the mat outside of the ring. Eddie is hurt! he crawls back very slowly and John got tagged in. John pretty much turned to a submission for Eddie, and the ref signals that "X" injury signal we all have seen before. Eddie SLOWLY crawled to have Chavo just smack his foot to be tagged in. Chavo comes in and dominates, and Eddie just sits at the corner looking very confused and hurt. Chavo eventually tags Eddie and he throws in some offense. Chavo goes for a splash outside of the ring on both John and B2, and B2 held Chavo up. Eddie followed with a splash of his own, and looks really hurt. Chavo brings B2 back in and hits a Frog SPlash! He gets the pin.
Winner: Los Guerreros

Post Match: John is furious over the loss and attacks B2. B2 retaliates. Suddenly, we get our first taste of RED DOGG!! ( O.V.W.) They jump B2 outside of the ring and Red Dogg hits his arm bar submission on B2. Red Dogg and John Cena celebrate on the ramp, while B2 lies in pain.

Off Camera: I don';t know if they will air this. The whole time that the John Cena angle was occuring, a bunch of refs and medics were attending to Eddie on the side of the ring. He looks really hurt. The help him walk out of the arena, and a huge pop and a huge "Eddie!" chant happens. Hope he's ok.

Stephanie McMahon promo-
Says that Big show and A-Train will team up to fight Brock Lesnar and a "surprise" partner. Who can it beat? Taker? Rey? Stone Cold? (ok I'll stop dreaming)

Dawn Marie promo-
She talks about the death of Al Wilson and how she is depressed. She will follow his wishes and make his viewing public. (thank god they killed his character)

They air a Nathan Jones video coming soon.

Rikishi v. Bill Demott
Bill gets on the mic and talks about how everyone thinks hes a bully. He talks about Rikishi, and they square off. THis one ends when Rikishi goes to the turnbuckle to do his sit out on Bill but Bill gets up, and e xecutes a powerbomb on the big man. So far, big push for Bill.
Winner: Bill Demott

Mattitude Promo-
Funaki Smackdowns # 1 announcer is chatting with Billy Kidman about Shannon Moore and Matt Hardy, and they get interrupted by both of them. They all get into a scuffle.

Nunzio promo-
Lots of promos today! He pretty much introduces himself and says how he is from NY and NJ stinks. Rips on NJ. This guy cuts good promos, they better use him.

Nunzio v. Tajiri
Fast paced match showing lots of offense from Nunzio. Tajiri got offense in to, and got a huge pop for the tarantula. This one ended with some interference. Nunzio was stunned and Tajiri was going to give him his kick of death when Noble gets on the apron, but got leveled by Tajiri with a stiff kick to the head. Then Nidia interferes and tries to make out with Tajiri. Tajiri plays along but then sprays her in the face with green mist! Nunzio awakens and takes Tajiri out.
Winner: Nunzio

Observation: Nunzio has a new video, new music, a win, and got to cut a promo. THis guy is good, they just have to use him right. Looks like hes gonna get a push.

Another Taker Video. This one goes in sequence with the last 2 videos they aired pushing his return for the Rumble. 1st one was the Darkside. 2nd was the Ministry lord of Darkness. THis one was the Bad *** video. Wonder what gimmick he will use for his return......

Dawn Marie promo-
Dawn Marie is shown by the casket and opens it up revealing Al Wilsons dead body. She is very depressed and cries. She kisses him which got some heat from the crowd. What is this another necrophilia angle???

Brock/Stephanie promo-
Brock comes into Stephanie's office and complains about how he doesn't need or want and tag team partner. He could handle BIg Show and A-train. Even if he gets his *** kicked, he'll take them both down with him. She says that she wants him to beat Big Show she wants him to win the Rumble. Therefore she has to look out for him. He gets pissed and said to tell his partner to meet him at the ring.

Big Show and A-Train V. Brock Lesnar and ??????
Paul Heyman cuts a promo about Brock. Typical Heyman promo ripping into Brock and how he can never beat Big Show. Couldn't at Survivor Series, and he still cant. He gets interruped by Brock and his entrance. Then the moment everyone was waiting for: Brock's partner is.........

REY MYSTERIO!!!

Big Show and A-Train V. Brock Lesnar and Rey Mysterio
Very very very quick match. It lasted less than 3 minutes. Brock takes out Show by clotheslining him over the rope. Big Show leaves A-Train after that, letting him get his *** kicked by himself. It finished with Brock hitting an F5 on A-Train, and A-Train crawled to the ropes, and Rey hits the 619 on his hairy ***! Then he jumps to the ropes and instead of the West Coast Pop he hits a splash!
Winner: Brock Lesnar and Rey Mysterio

Off-Camera: I don't know if they will air this. Brock Lesnar steps up to Rey. Rey offers his hand but Brock walks away, but before he does he comes back to Rey, and they shake hands. This gets a HUGE pop from the crowd. They do some posing with Rey going to the turnbuckles and Brock doing his hopping from side to side at every corner of the ring. This gets huge huge pops from the crowd.

Dawn Marie promo-
I hate these, they suck. Anyway, more footage of the wake, now people show up and everyone is sad.

Matt Hardy w/ Shannon Moore V. Funaki w/ Billy Kidman
That's right, you read right, Funaki. Finally Smackdown's # 1 announcer gets some Smackdown! time on TV. Not bad match Funaki got some offense in but interference from Moore led to Matt hitting the Twist of Fate on Funaki.
WInner: Matt Hardy version 1.0

Post Match: Matt and Shannon get on top of the ramp and Matt cracks Shannon with a hard slap. I don't know where this angle is going.

Dawn Marie promo-
More footage of the wake. Some family members sympathize with Dawn. Torrie shows up, and walks up the Dawn. Lets see what happens...

Another Nathan Jones Video.

They show the updated card on Royal Rumble.

Team Angle promo-
Rip on NJ and how bad it smells and how all the guys/girls are fat and ugly. They are not to far off here, trust me. Shelton even takes a jab at the Jets (Big heat here)

Team Angle appear and Shelton is on the mic. He says that Kurt will not come out unless they stop screaming that stupid "You suck" chant. Big heat.

Team Angle v. Chris Benoit and Edge
Team Angle get in the ring to huge "YOu suck" chants from NJ. Kurt gets in the ring and looks at his crutch, and tosses it away! He starts dancing around and shows that he is 100%. Great great match with lots of wrestling keys and locks and alot of smooth reversal moves from both Edge/Benoit and Team Angle. Unfortanelty due to big heat in the crowd in my section I didn't catch a lot of it. Some dumb blond chick kept screaming her head off for Edge, so all the guys in my section were giving her big heat. This one ended with Benoit making Kurt tap to the crossface. Meanwhile Edge spears Haas and takes out Benjamin. They both are on the outside, and Edge gets to the top turnbuckle and hits a Crossbody splash on both of them.
Winners: Chris Benoit and Edge

Post match: Benoit grabs Angle's crutch, and whacks him a couple of times with it. He steals Championship belt, and signals to Angle that if he wants it, come and get it. Team Angle are at the ramp and do not know what to do.

Post Post Match: BROCK LESNAR comes back out and raises hell. He demolishes Team Angle. He hits the F5 on Benjamin, then Haas, and then Kurt Angle. He tells Benoit to come over to Angle. Benoit blows his snot on Angle gets to the top rope, and hits the flying Headbutt. Big pop for out three faces, Benoit, Brock, and Edge.

Off Camera-I doubt that they will air this. Before Edge leaves he playfully stuck the crutch up Angles *** when he was laying down. LoL Edge showing his true colors. Angle gets up and gets on the mic. Tells NJ to kiss his Olympic Gold Medal ***. He deserves some respect, he is an Olympic Champion. Big "Angle Sucks" chants. Angle asks "who sucks?" I guess it is not Team Angle, cause we are winners. THe only Team that sucks in The Jets, cause they are losers. Big big Heat here.

Dawn Marie promo-
Torrie is crying over Al Wilson's body and Dawn confronts her. Dawn smacks the crap out of Torrie, and Torrie retaliates by really letting her have a hard one. This causes Dawn to Grab a lamp and break it over Torrie's back. Ouch.

• 4 weeks later...
Hey everyone who has been apart of this topic I am back and here is the latest results
When you're hot, you're hot, and Team Angle was definitely scorching on SmackDown! The rookie duo of Shelton Benjamin and Charlie Haas overthrew Los Guerreros to become the WWE Tag Team Champions and Kurt Angle slipped past Chris Benoit and orchestrated a beating on his arch rival Chris Benoit!

The Rock made an appearance on SmackDown!, via satellite, in order to poke fun at his No Way Out opponent, Hulk Hogan. The People's Champion was completely condescending to Hogan, who promised that Hulkamania would run wild over The Rock at No Way Out!

One week after presenting the Undertaker with a singing telegram to apologize for beating up the Undertaker, the Big Show ordered up another surprise and had Paul Heyman deliver. Taker opened up a huge wooden crate in the ring to find none other than Brother Love inside! Brother Love said he was delivering a message of love and forgiveness to "Brother Dead Man," but all he got for his effort was a chokeslam and a Tombstone piledriver!

Brian Kendrick was again backstage at SmackDown! looking for an opportunity to make an impact in WWE. He made an impression alright, thanks to Sean O'Haire. O'Haire convinced Kendrick to imitate the Nike Shox commercial by stripping down to sneakers and a scarf and streaking around the stadium! Kendrick rushed past A-Train as he was making his entrance, and managed to elude security during a wild sprint throughout the arena until he found himself cornered and had no choice but to burst in on an unsuspecting Stephanie McMahon.

After losing to Billy Kidman after the Cruiserweight Champion executed an incredible counter move, an irate Matt Hardy pledged to cut weight and compete in the Cruiserweight Division so he could win the title away from Kidman. Matt's not the only SmackDown! Superstar with some hard work ahead of him. John Cena challenged Brock Lesnar to a one-on-one match that will take place next week on SmackDown!

Match results:
Rey Mysterio def. Jamie Noble
Rikishi def. Nunzio
Billy Kidman def. Matt Hardy
Team Angle def. Los Guerreros
A-Train def. Shannon Moore
Kurt Angle def. Chris Benoit

And its about time someone challenged Brock. He hasn't had a singles match in a while, ans the ones he has had have all been blowouts. I mean, I am a huge MFer, but Matt and Shannon shouldn't even be aloud in the same ring as Brock. Cena sould give him some competition though. He had a good showing at the Rumble, and stayed in for a while. Plus, I know the 2 have locked horns in the past during there OVW days.

And speaking of OVW, when the heck is Rhyno gonna be sent back up. From what I've heard hes in great shape and wrestling well, and hes been out for way to long. I just hope he comes out and gores the crap outta Steiner. I hate that guy. He has got to be one of the worst wreslters ever to be given a title shot, and his arms are just freakishly disgusting.

• 2 weeks later...