OtakuBoards

WWF(E) Review

GhostofSalvtore

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to let you guys know, Raw is gunna be huge tonite, so big that TNN has given WWE an extra 1/2 hour for RAW. Its expected that Goldberg might primere, do to the fact that he is OFFICIALLY a WWE superstar....

[i]From Wresltzone[/i]

[QUOTE]For those who haven't heard yet, Bill Goldberg is now a contracted WWE superstar. Goldberg signed his deal with WWE a week or two ago and was asked by Vince McMahon to keep it quiet. Vince, at the same time, plans to do the same. This is why he didn't reveal much at the WrestleMania XIX press conference despite the fact that Goldberg was at the time under WWE contract.

According to friends of Goldberg, he has been spending the past few days at the gym trying to get back into the best shape he can possibly get in without actually stepping foot in a ring.

WWE has already started working on scenerios for his imminent debut. It isn't really known what compromises were made on both the dates per year situation, although it's rumored to be around 100 anually. As far as creative compromises, that could be a tricky situation. Goldberg had made it clear originally that he wouldn't job to Triple H or Brock Lesnar, among many others. He actually gave WWE a list of wrestlers he would and wouldn't job to and seemed to be a list set in stone as he didn't show any signs in compromising on that front.

As things stand currently, Bill Goldberg won't be wrestling at WrestleMania. There is always a chance that he will if plans change at the last second, which would pretty much obligate WWE to announce a match for him on RAW tonight or SmackDown! Tuesday, which I can't see happening. However, there is a good possibility that Goldberg will make an appearance on March 30th. [/quote]

* Rhyno vs. Charlie Haas
Rhyno explodes on Haas. He throws him out of the ring and swings the tag title around like a madman. Haas climbs back in the ring and Rhyno gets on the attack again. Shelton Benjamin aids Haas and knocks Rhyno out of the ring. Benoit rolls Rhyno back in the ring. Haas nails a belly to belly suplex followed by a shot to the knee. Haas locks in a knee submission. Rhyno gets to his feet and Haas kicks him down in the back of the left knee. Haas locks in another leg bar. Rhyno screams in pain as he crawls to the ropes. Once he reaches Benjamin takes some cheap shots at him from outside the ring. Rhyno gets to his feet and chops at Haas. Haas slams Rhyno to the mat with a knee drop. Haas applies another leg bar, then kicks the hamstring of his left leg. Rhyno powers out and delivers a back drop to Haas. Both men are down and the ref begins to count. Rhyno gets up at 5. Rhyno clotheslines Haas then sends him for a ride with a back body drop followed by a text book belly to belly suplex. Rhyno sets up for the gore but Benjamin pulls him away. Haas grabs the tag belt and clocks Rhyno and gets DQ'ed. Benjamin and Haas attack Rhyno until Benoit gets in the ring.

* Brian Kendrick is backstage with Stephanie. Steph says she is angry with him for defying her by streaking, wrestling in matches, she says he is a liablity. He says that he wanted to impress her, he says he is sorry. She tells him not to be sorry, that she doesn't want to yell at him, but to offer him an opportunity. She says if he can beat Shannon Moore tonight he will have a job with Smackdown. Kendrick is excited.

* John Cena is somewhere rapping about no one giving him his "props." He makes an open challenge for a rap contest at Wrestlemania. Cena says he is focused on rapping and the next big thing. Cena says he laughed when Angle screwed him, and he didn't think it was funny that he tried to screw up Eric's career. He says next week he is coming back to Smackdown.

* A Guerrero promo is shown. They are on a golf course giving golf tips to some guys on the course. They say that the Guerrero's belong in the kitchen. They says that they are here to play. Chavo says that a three iron is also good for hitting them with. They agree to play a "foursome." The Guerreros milk the dirty things that could be implied by that and make a challenge to the golfers. They play, the Guerreros cheat 2 win and collect everything that the golfers have. Viva la raza!

* Los Guerreros and Rikishi vs. FBI
Eddie and Nunzio start off the match. Eddie delivers a few punches before pulling him into their corner and tagging in Chavo. Chavo delivers a sit out power bomb and covers Nunzio for 2. Palumbo is tagged in. Chavo delivers a leg scissors take down. Chavo goes after Palumbo but is clothes lined to the mat. Palumbo applies a half Boston crab on Chavo. Chavo tags in Eddie but the ref doesn't see the tag. While the ref is distracted, Stamboli helps with the Boston crab. Nunzio attacks from the second rope. The ref turns around and the FBI clear out leaving Palumbo. Palumbo hits a Samoan drop on Chavo and covers for 2. Palumbo sets up to ram Chavo into the turnbuckle but he reverse it into a DDT. Chavo tags in Eddie. Eddie takes Palumbo down with a leg scissors then drop kicks Stamboli. Eddie gets to the top rope an cross bodies Palumbo and Nunzio. Rikishi is tagged in. Rikishi clothes lines eve ryone. The entire FBI is backed up into the corner and Rikishi backs it up into them all. Palumbo is left in the corner alone. Rikishi its his heel kick and Eddie nails a frog splash and covers Palumbo for the win.

* Rey Mysterio vs. Jamie Noble
Mysterio monkey flips Noble but he lands on his feet. Rey takes Noble down with a leg scissors. Noble gets Rey on his shoulders and power bombs him into the turn buckle. Noble lifts Rey and delivers a back suplex. Noble slides Mysterio out of the ring. Rey struggles to his feet and Nidia clothes lines him. Noble rolls him back in the ring and covers for 2. Noble lifts Rey on his back and locks in a submission. Mysterio counters with a tornado DDT where Noble lands on his shoulder. Both men struggle to get to their feet. Rey takes a massive chop at Nobles chest and hits a cross body off the second rope.. Rey covers for 2. Rey is the whipped into the ropes and Noble delivers a quick power slam. Noble covers for 2. Mysterio gets up and delivers a drop kick to Noble. Mysterio gets to the top rope and hits a hurricanrana. Nidia tries to unmask Mysterio. Mysterio turns around and pounces on top of her. noble goes to attack Mysterio right away. Noble attempts a tiger bomb but Mysterio counters. Mysterio connects the 619 followed by the West Coast pop. Mysterio pins 1-2-3 and wins the match.

* Backstage Kurt and Eric Angle are talking. Kurt says that this was unnecessary and Brock was just jealous the he beat him fair and square. Kurt says they will go out to the ring and give Brock a piece of their mind.

* The Angle's come out to speak. Kurt helps Eric into the ring. Eric is wearing a giant knee brace and is on crutches. Kurt says look who is still the WWE champion. Kurt says when Steph forced him to face Lesnar for the title on Smackdown he says he was nervous...for a second. Then he remembered he is not only the greatest athlete in the business, he is also the smartest. Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence. He says Eric withstood Lesnar's brutality long enough for Kurt to slide in the ring and beat Lesnar 1-2-3. Kurt says that Eric is the best brother a guy could have. He says he loves Eric and not like the people in Kentucky love each other. They embrace. Eric says that he appreciates Kurt's words and that their mother was right, Kurt doesn't suck. Kurt says that no one lays their hands on his brother Eric. Kurt says Lesnar claims to be the next big thing, but in reality he is the next big sore loser. Kurt says Brock is an embarrassment and a disgrace to amateur and professional wrestling. Kurt says he is the champion and Brock is not. Then Kurt says he wants an apology for what he did to Eric last week. Kurt says Brock better come down or he will give Brock something to be sorry about. There is a dramatic pause and music hits. Its not Brock's, its Stephanie's. She says that she is sorry, sorry that Kurt has to defend his title at Wrestlemania, but if anyone interferes or he tries to get disqualified, he automatically forfeits the title to Brock. She says that it is not a punishment, he asks what it is. Stephanie says that Kurt and Brock are the best and they owe it to everyone to give the best match the people have ever seen. Kurt says that it is fine, but he isn't doing it for the people. Kurt says he and Eric aren't leaving the ring until Brock comes out to apologize. Stephanie says that Kurt can have it his way, here comes the pain. Brock's music hits. Brock gets down to the ring and clotheslines Kurt. Eric hits him with a low blow. Kurt attacks Brock with a chair by Angle slamming him through it. Brock writes in pain as Kurt wretches his back. Angle grabs his belt and leaves.

* Undertaker vs. Bill Demott
The two big men lock up in the ring. Demott shoves Taker into the ropes but Taker knocks Demott down with a shoulder block. Demott attempts a hip toss but can't lift Taker. Taker locks in a leg bar and rolls it through for a pin. Demott kicks out. Nathan Jones is watching from the back. Taker grabs Demott and delivers the snake eyes. Demott nails Taker with a spine buster and covers for 2. Taker gets up and takes charge. Taker locks up Demott for the old school arm drag knock down deal. Taker signals for a choke slam but Demott responds with a belly to belly and a cover for 2. Demott goes for a clothes line but Taker sets up the choke slam instead. Taker finishes Demott off with an old school tombstone pile driver. He covers Demott for the win.

* Backstage Brock is being evaluated by doctors and the like. Brock says that its sore and tells them not to touch it. They say they fear he may have broken ribs that are sticking out.

* Brian Kendrick vs. Shannon Moore w/ Matt Hardy
Matt Hardy graciously included Shannon in his book. Shannon's idol is Matt Hardy. Matt goes to the announcer tables to give Tazz and Cole an autographed copy of his book. Brian Kendrick needs to gets some music, so he comes out to silence. Kendrick and Moore lock up. Kendrick locks in some submissions then knocks Moore down with his shoulder. Moore whips Kendrick into the corner and Moore runs towards him only to be met by Kendrick's boot. Kendrick delivers some stiff punches to Moore. Moore finally levels him with a clothes line followed by a set of suplexes. Moore covers for 2. Moore kicks at Kendrick's chest and smacks him around. Kendrick sends back a few chops and his knee into Moore's face. Kendrick nails a missile drop kick and covers for 2. Moore attempts a release suplex but Kendrick lands on his feet. Moore soon turns it around and covers Kendrick for 2. Moore stomps on Kendrick on the apron. Matt Hardy sends Kendrick into the steel ring steps. Matt rolls Kendrick back into the ring. Moore covers but Kendrick kicks out. Matt takes one more cheap shot before Rey Mysterio comes out. Moore is distracted and Kendrick rolls him up for the win.

* They announce that the girls from the Miller Lite cat fight commercial will be at Wrestlemania.

* Backstage Vince looks through his contract with his lawyer. He makes sure that the contract says that if Hogan loses he retires from wrestling.
* Chris Benoit vs. Shelton Benjamin
Benoit locks up with Benjamin and drives him into the corner. He chops at Benjamin and delivers a back suplex. Benoit clothes lines Benjamin then chops at him in the corner. Benjamin counters and slams Benoit's neck on his knee. Benjamin delivers a back drop to Benoit and covers for 2. Benjamin chokes Benoit then drives his knee into Benoit's back. Benoit locks in the cross face but Benjamin maneuvers out of it. Benoit nails Benjamin with a one legged drop kick. Benjamin attempts a heel kick up Benoit locks in the cross face. Haas attempts to break it up but Rhyno nails the gore. Benjamin is left alone in the cross face and is forced to tap out to Benoit.

* Gene Okerlund gets to the ring. He gets on the mic and says that with out Vince McMahon or Hulk Hogan, there wouldn't be a Wrestlemania. He says that tonight both will come out to a sign a contract for their pay-per-view match. He says that this has been a match in the making for 20 years. Hogan comes down tot he ring first. It is made clear again that if Hogan should lose this match that he will have to retire from wrestling permanently. The people in the crowd start chanting for Hogan. Okerlund wants to get on with the singing but Hogan says that the Hulkamaniacs here tonight are amazing. This causes another set of chants from the crowd. After a while Hogan begins to speak. He says he fully understands the terms of the match but he promises to not let Hulkamania die. Hogan says that he couldn't believe the audacity of Vince to say he created Hulkamania. Hogan says that that statement was dead-*** wrong. Hogan says the waiting is over and calls out Vince. Backstage Vince tells people to keep his eyes on him. Vince music hits but he doesn't appear at the stage. Vince sneaks up behind Hogan and attacks him with a chair. Once Hogan is down Vince nails him several times in the head, cutting him open and drawing blood. Vince signs the contract and Hogan is forced to sign it in blood.

Well I hope for a good match, but more importantly hope that Kurt doesn't injure himself even more. Right now he says that he doesn't want this to be a 5 minute Lesnar massacre, but I am more concerned over Kurt's health. Right now the best technical match should be the HBK and Jericho or the triple threat tag match w/Team Angle, Rhyno & Benoit, and Los Guerreros.

Well the best debut Wrestlemania match should hopefully be Brock Lesnar and Angle.
I dunno, no offense to NAthan Jones, but I don't think he needs a Wrestlemania match right now, I really don't like A-Train or even the Big Show all that much. I was hoping for something more for the Undertaker.

I agree with you, GOS. The Undertaker has always been a huge attraction at Wrestlemania due to his unbeaten streak, in particular. I'm not a fan of the 'Taker's slow motion wrestling or bad habit of not selling moves, but I was looking forward to a big singles match for him. If the WWE had booked him [i]against[/i] Nathan Jones and had 'Taker gave Jones the rub, it would have really given the kid a notch on his belt and a wonderful start with the company.

Instead, we're forced to see a pretty excellent card become marred by A-Train and The Big Show. I can only hope that the match will be kept short and painless.

But, enough ranting on my part. Just to entertain you guys, I'll post my prediction for the big five. You guys, feel free to comment on mine or make your own. It could be fun.

[b]Jericho[/b] will go over [b]HBK[/b] because there's no point in Micheals winning the match. I really see it Micheals' role as sticking around to put over the younger talent--much like Hogan did after his nostalgia run with the title.

[b]Hulk Hogan[/b] will go over [b]Vince McMahon[/b] because I honestly don't see Hogan retiring [i]this[/i] way. Perhaps he'll win and then retire. I know that due to back problems this will probably be his last match, but I'd like to think that he would go out on a high note.

[b]Brock Lesnar[/b] will go over [b]Kurt Angle[/b] because, as we all know, Angle has a broken neck and will possibly retire following this match (or take a year's absence at the minimum). There is a possibility that Kurt will win, but I think he'll do the right thing and put Lesnar over. I want Kurt to win though, lol.

[b]Triple H[/b] will go over [b]Booker T[/b]. Prior to tonight, I would have said otherwise. But, after Booker T pinned Triple H cleanly for the third time in a tag match tonight, I have my reservations about him going over Trips at 'mania. It's quite possible, but I'm making this prediction off of gut instinct. I could easily see Triple H winning and going onto Backlash to drop the belt to Booker. Then again, I could just as easily see Booker winning and going on to Backlash to face The Rock. This prediction is very "iffy."

[b]The Rock[/b] will go over [b]"Stone Cold" Steve Austin[/b]. This prediction is very "iffy" as well. On one hand, The Rock will be going back to Hollywood following the Backlash pay per view. So, one would assume that he's being used to put over Austin's return before leaving. On the other, one must take into consideration the emphasis the WWE is putting on The Rock never defeating Austin at a 'mania and the possible interference of Bill Goldberg. Also, it's rumored that The Rock will face Booker T if he defeats Triple H. So, one would believe that The Rock would be put over in a buildup for that.

So, there you have it. Usually I'm very good at predicting the outcomes of WWE matches because I'm able to pick up patterns in the programming (having been watching it for so long). But, this card is put together pretty well and is highly unpredictable. I don't know if my guesses are too accurate. Perhaps Goldberg will cost The Rock his match with Austin and we'll finally get to see the highly anticipated Goldber/Rock match at Backlash. The question here isn't "Who's Next?" It's "Who knows?" :therock:

For some other matches in my opinion.

Undertaker and Nathan Jones will win obviously Nathan Jones needs a big win and none other than wrestlemania will give him that and the Undertaker will most likely keep his unbeatable streak for wrestlemania streak.

Rey Mysterio Vs. Matt Hardy: Rey Mysterio because he's been doing a good job since his his tag team titles with Edge I guess he deserves a win. Then again Shannon could interfere so this ones iffy.

I believe that Rhyno and Beniot will win. So far Rhyno's done well and Benoit as well but again another iffy.

Hoagn beats Vince because he's gonna most likley retire after this.

Austin will beat the rock mostly because I think he's going to finish The Rocks behind before Rock goes back to Hollywood. This is also an iffy.

Kane and RVD beat Morley and Storm unless Dudleyz interfere I think that Morely has no chance and Storm will being doing most of the work. So RVD and Kane are my pick.

Raw was good last night.

Well I see Hogan winning, but I also see him retiring, like maybe the match takes a little out of him and he comes out to the ring to say that he realizes that he can't do it anymore, but maybe I have heard that he is supposed to stay for a lil while. And Kevin Nash come back to RAW and somehow they rejoin the nWo, but all this is speculation.

I see Rey Mysterio picking up a victory against Matt Hardy, cause I think Rey deserves and is the best cruiserweight out there that can make a match exciting.

Rock defeats Austin, this has to be, WWE cannot let Austin win at a wrestlemania after walking out. And I think Goldberg interferes and starts a great feud w/.............Austin.

This next one is really hard, I want Booker to win and I really think he will, but also HHH being HHH with all his backstage power and ego I think he will retain the title. He has had the title since September and since than has not had a really good feud with it. His heel character right now is not as great and needs some work by losing the title and changing it up a bit.

Jericho over HBK, I see this as the match of the night, its got the great build-up and the actual wrestling should surpass all the others(with the Angle match not looking to do so) HBK will than start to help out the younger talent like he is now, maybe guys like Jeff Hardy which I am surprised didn't have a match.

Team Angle winning the triple threat tag title, mainly do to the fact that Guerreros power as a tag team hasn't been shown that much in the past weeks, and I think that one part of Team Angle should win. Maybe Rhyno and Benoit split up and, I guess, I see that Benoit facing Lesnar at a ppv soon for the WWE title.

Speaking of not having a match, the Dudley's, I was hoping to see some kind of match for them, like a triple threat RAW tag title match, maybe TLC thrown in there, but I hear that Bubba Ray's back is kinda messed up so I hope that gets healed up and there is always another day for a TLC, but it won't be on the kinda stage it should be(maybe next year)

I am also disappointed with how the RVD and Kane match was thrown in there. I was thinking before that RVD and Kane will split up and have a good match at WMXIX, but looks like that will be held off for another day.

Well I think that covers my rantings and predictions for the big matches. ( I didn't mention the Angle, Lesnar match because I think people should know that Angle will lose)

Here are my thoughts and predictions on the WMXIX card:

ROCK VERSUS AUSTIN: Ah, rematch from the classic WMX7. I agree with Ghost about not letting Austin win due to his walk out. Also, this would give Rock more steam for his recent comeback, and payback for WMX7. A Goldberg interference would be interesting.

HOGAN VERSUS MCMAHON: This could go either way I think. I really do think Hogan wants to retire, so this is his chance. If he does lose this match, I believe he will do one big thing before he leaves the ring forever. Maybe screwing Vince somehow in a later show.

BOOKER T VERSUS HHH: I think that HHH will retain. He has a great Wrestlemania track record, and I also don't see him losing it to Booker T to go down in Wrestlemania history. I predict him losing it at a more low key pay per view. Wrestlemania is already big, so maybe a good HHH match will be the highlight of another PPV.

RVD AND KANE VERSUS CHIEF MORLEY AND LANCE STORM: Wow, such an amazing match this will be. I'll just say RVD and Kane since they are fan favorite.

TEAM ANGLE VERSUS LOS GUERREROS VERUS RHYNO AND BENOIT: I'm going with Team Angle. I don't see Benoit and Rhyno lasting long together, so I don't think a push with a title win would be wise. A Los Guerreros victory is likely, but I'm still going with Team Angle.

REY MYSTERIO VERSUS MATT HARDY: Rey for sure. He's won over the fans, and he's earned it. Matt has been an annoyance, allowing for really no exciting cruiserweight title matches. He really needs to stop monopolizing the Cruiserweights and move on to something else. Rey should make this an exciting match.

LESNAR VERSUS ANGLE: Most likely Lesnar. I've never found Angle to be an exciting champion. Lesnar is gaining more fans and he's looking to be a big superstar, so a WWE title win at WMXIX would help him a lot.

HBK VERSUS Y2J: I see HBK winning. That would get the crowd so pumped up beyond belief. This one could really go either way though, so I won't be shocked to see Jericho win.

NATHAN JONES AND UT VERSUS A TRAIN AND BIG SHOW: NJ and UT for sure. UT is undefeated in Wrestlemania, and I really don't think guys like ATrain will stop that streak. This will probably be a boring match. What would be interesting is if Nathan Jones turned on UT, causing him his first WM loss. I could see a good rivalry starting there.

Rock-Austin: I honistly think this match can go either way. I dont have a favorite in this match, so I dont really know whose gunna take it.

Angle- Lesnar: Lesnar, Will take this one. Its ugnna be one of the best wrestling matches of all time, I cant wait! I actually think that Goldberg might pop out during this match, setting up a match with Lesnar at backlash.

BookerT- HHH: BOOKER! There is no way HHH wil take this one. Booker will win with ease. I have a feeling He will face the Rock at backlash, which is why they didnt face each other a few weeks ago.

RVD/Kane- Storm/Morely: RVD and Kane will take this one. I dont see Storm and Morely winning a Wrestlemania match, and RVD/Kane have been on such a role lately that they will light up Seattle. I have a feeling the Dudleyz will interfere during or after the match and 3D Morely through a table...

Mysterio/ Hardy: Mysterio, even though I dont want to see him as Crusierweight champ, I think he will win this. Hardy isnt really doing anything with the belt, like Kidman didnt do anything with it, like Noble didnt do anything with it....I hope Mysterio can bring so prestige to the belt, even though I want him to reach for higher things.

WWE Tag Team Titles: Since Angle will be out a year, I dont see Team ANGLE winning this match, I hope the Guerreros wiin this cause they are the best Tag team in the WWE and deserve it. I love Benoit and Rhyno but there just not tag-team wrestlers so I dont think they will win.

Womens match: trish, I dont know why...

Taker/Jones- Show/Train: Taker and Jones will win, even thought Jones doesnt deserve this match, WWE wont tarnish his WM career.

HBK- Y2J: Y2J because HBK is most likely retiring after WM, ven though Id liek to see him go out with a win, I dont think he will.

Hogan- Vince:Hogan will win this, just because I have a feeling he isnt going out like this.....

[color=indigo]'Kay, here are my predictions for WMXIX.
[B]Rock/Austin:[/b] It is the Rocks turn to shine at Wrestle Mania. The heel always seems to win between Austin/Rock in Wrestle Mania. The first time they faced each other Stevey boy got McMahon's help. The second time Austin was still the heel and the Rock was out for the Rattlesnakes blood.

[b]Angle/Lesnar:[/b] I am up in the air on this one. I think that the match will end in dissary, leaving the belt up for grabs...but if I had to choose, I would go with Lesnar.

[b]BookerT/HHH:[/b] BT has his one locked. Trips hasn't had a break for quite a while.

[b]RVD/Kane-Storm/Morely:[/b]: Kane RVD will take this one home only to loose it (and get boken up by) to the Dudley Boys.

[b]Mysterio/Hardy:[/b]Matts got this one locked thanks to assistance from Jeff...

[b]WWE Tag Team Titles:[/b] Benoit and Rhyno, although I forsee a short title reign...

[b]Womens match:[/b] Jazz...although I wouldn't mind getting a little Stratisfaction

[b]Taker/Jones- Show/Train:[/b] Who cares!!! This match is garbage. Taker should retire...he just isn't impressive anymore. He doesn't look badass just old and crabby.

[b]HBK/Y2J:[/b] Y2J will win and stop being a heel for awhile.

[b]Hogan/Vince:[/b]MI honestly don't know. Shane O'mack coul return and help out his father...and then the contrct could be rescinded due to Vince forcing Hulk to fight. This could also give way to a new, loved NWO. Or Hulk could win, Vince forgive him, and he could retire...[/color]

Guest Hikaru Ichijyo
Rock vs. Austin: Well Since Goldberg has officially signed in some form with the WWE, and is expected to fued with Rock at BackLash. So I say Austin either wins with interference from Goldberg or gets DQed from Interference from Goldberg.

Lensar vs. Angle: Pretty obvious with Kurt's Neck being severly injured and also the fact Face's almost always win at Wrestlemania Brock will walk away with the title.

Triple H vs. Booker T: I really dislike Booker T but being the fact Triple H can play backstage politics to keep the belt by giving Steph a good screw! Chances are Triple H will use more political power to retain the WWE title with a rematch clause going into BackLash for Booker T.

RVD/Kane vs. Morely/Storm: This is pretty obvious Rvd and Kane have been screwed out of the World Title so many times that it would be a travesity to screw them out of the World Tag Titles.

Mysterio vs. Matt Hardy: Mysterio hands down since he has the cruiserweight style wwe is looking for.

WWE Tag titles: I see a very boring Triple Threat match with Benoit and Rhyno losing based on Benoit turning on Rhyno and forming Team Benoit.

Woman's Match: Jazz being the fact Trish has won it too many times at mania and also Victoria is scheduled for knee surgery.

Taker/Jones vs. A-Train/Big Show: Winnners by disqualification on Jones part A-Train and Show. Afterword Jones and Taker will start a fued going into BackLash.

HBK/Y2J: HBK will most likely lose the match, Jericho will try to finish him off but interference from Nash will save HBK.

Hogan vs. McMahon: Most likely Hogan is going to retire after this match, though I don't see him losing to McMahon. Expect Hogan to win this match, and announce his retirement on Smackdown or the following Wrestlemania.

Here's my Wrestlemania Predictions....

[b]Austin Vs The Rock[/b]
Now this is the main match that I've been waitin to see. Yeah, I know the whole Steve Austin Vs The Rock at Wrestlemania has been played out, but this angle that they got goin in my view is probably the best angle they played together since their first Wrestlemania meeting at WM-XV, especially the way they did their thing on Monday night when Austin broke the Rock's guitar in his face. But as far as the match in itself, I say it should be pretty good. As far as a winner, I'mma have to go wit Austin on this one, but I feel after the match, Goldberg is gonna come in and do somethin not just to the Rock, but to Austin aswell since what I read is that he's gonna do somethin wit either the Rock, Stone Cold, or the Undertaker, and since the Rock is leavin after next month, it'll more than likely either turn into just The Rock Vs Goldberg, or a 3 way feud wit Austin included. We'll see what happens.

Winner: Austin

[b]Vince McMahon Vs Hulk Hogan[/b]
Heh, 20 Years in the making. I've been waitin to see this for a good while aswell. Although its pretty obvious that Hogan's gonna win...unless we see outside interference from Shane or someone. I'd laugh if I see Vince pull off a stunner on Hogan and then give him the leg drop and beat him with his own move. Eh, I doubt that'll happen though. Should turn out to be an alright match unless it turns out to be like Austin Vs Bischoff at No Way Out where the wrestler dominates the staff member all the way through.

Winner: Hogan

[b]Brock Lesnar Vs Kurt Angle[/b]
This match COULD'VE been a good technical wrestling match up, but wit Kurt's neck injury, I doubt they'll be able to pull it off. Unfortunatly, after reading the Smackdown Spoilers(which I am SO GLAD I did since it seems Smackdown is gonna suck this week. No Steph on it. :( ), I think they're gonna have [spoiler]John Cena[/spoiler] come out and take Angle's place in this match wit Angle managing him and then Lesnar will beat him down and take the title. IF Angle does wrestle, then it should be a pretty good match. If not, then it may turn out to be the worst match of the night. We'll see what happens.

Winner: Brock Lesnar

[b]Booker T Vs Triple H[/b]
FINALLY, the moment has come. A match I've waited for ever since I first heard Booker T use the phrase back in WCW. The moment has come for "The Playa Vs The Game". Two of my personal favorite wrestlers of all time are finally gonna collide in a fair match up.....hopefully. I see, for the very beginning of this match up, that Ric Flair tries to do somethin slick and just messes up completly and then ends up gettin barred from ringside. It'll then be an all in out war between Booker T and Triple H. If politics come into play(or if Hunter gives Stephanie a good boinking before Wrestlemania), then I see Triple H winnin it. But if it all remains good and well, then I see Booker T winnin it. Hopefully Booker T will come out the victor.

Winner: Booker T "Dont hate The Playa....hate The Game."

[b]HBK Vs Chris Jericho[/b]
Well, as we all know, HBK has never failed to let us down at a Wrestlemania so I see this to be one of the best matches of the night. That is IF Jericho can hang with him, unlike he did at last years Wrestlemania against Triple H. Should turn out to be a hot match up if both men can work together properly. As far as a victor...I see this match goin a time limit draw, or overtime wit HBK winning via Sweet Chin Music(if they wanna make it have a good ending, they sould have HBK nail Sweet Chin Music to Jericho with a chair in Jericho's hand infront of his face. Somewhat of a Vandaminator type move. ^_^)

Winner: HBK

[b]Kane and RVD Vs Lance Storm and Cheif Morley[/b]
Meh, may be the first match of the night due to it not bein that good. I see Kane and RVD obviously winning. If they wanna give the crowd somethin to watch, they need to have RVD and Lance Storm stay in the ring the majority of the time, so they can give us some old school ECW type wrestling action. But Kane and RVD to become new champs, unless Kane and RVD turn on each other.

Winners: Kane and RVD

[b]Taker and Jones Vs Big Show and A-Train[/b]
Not much to say on this match. I wanted to see more of Nathan Jones, but the angle they have him in, in my opinion, is pretty friggen lame. And since they're strugglin to give Big Slow and A-Caboos a push, I see them winnin, thus startin a feud wit Taker and Jones for Backlash.

Winners: Big Slow and A-Train

[b]Three Way For WWE Tag Team Championship[/b]
I dont see much comin out of this match. Should be decent, but probably not one of the best. But I see Team Angle comin out on top in this one.

Winners: Team Angle

[b]Matt Hardy Vs Rey Mysterio Jr.[/b]
If they pull this off right, they could quite possibly turn this into a "Match of the Year" nominee. If they bring in some tables, ladders, chairs, or what not, see lots of high flyin action and all that, then this will definetly be an awesome match up. As far as a winner...I'm hopin for V-1 to win this one since I'm a Matt Hardy fan. But Rey will more than likely win, but since I'm a Hardy fan, I'm puttin my money on the lord of Mattitude.

Winner: Matt Hardy

[b]Victoria Vs Jazz Vs Trish[/b]
This could turn out to definetly be one of the best womens matches of all time. They built this angle up REAL nicely. I see all 3 of these women workin well together in the ring, and giving the fans an awesome match up. And if Trish wants to please the fans, she'll wear somethin like she did at last years Wrestlemania(some shorts wit the Canadian Maple leaf on her butt. But a little somethin different for us. ^_^). As far as a winner...I'm hopin for Trish....but Jazz will more than likely win, thus makin a 1 on 1 match wit Trish and Jazz at Backlash...or the following night on Raw where Trish will win the belt. Victoria has held the title too long, so she'll more than likely lose it and take a vacation.

Winner: Jazz with losin the belt to Trish the next night on Raw or at Backlash.

[b]Pay Per View All Together[/b]
This should turn out to be a pretty good Wrestlemania if pulled off right. If it'll be better then last years is another story. But we'll see what happens. I for one am definetly gonna order this Pay Per View. I mean, hot matches, Limp Bizkit performin live, and soo much other stuff. Should be a lovely PPV.

Rating: 9.5 if done right.

Well, there goes my predictions. *shrugs*

[color=green]Velocity[/color] & [color=blue]SmackDown![/color] SPOILERS

[color=red]WARNING: SPOILERS INCLUDED[/color]

Tuesday March 25th, 2003, San Jose California

Dark Matches:

Sean O'Haire vs. Jobber
Sean O'Haire basically put on a bunch of power moves in this matchup, several clotheslines, and kicks as well. Speaking of kicks, O'Haire went for a Spinning Heel Kick on the jobber but the no namer fell the wrong way, completely missing the spot. He still sold it though, it just looked really funny.
Winner: Sean O'Haire via pinfall

Kanyon vs. Local Guy
Kanyon got a decent pop from the crowd until he started pointing and garnering heel heat. He got it pretty decently and got some heel heat for a good dark match to say the least. There was some good offense put on by the Local Guy, but Kanyon came out on top as usual.
Winner: Kanyon via pinfall

[color=green]Velocity Tapings[/color]

Jamie Noble vs. Funaki
This was a pretty good match in my opinion. There were a bunch of great spots in this matchup and nothing looked botched at all. The middle kind of dragged on a bit, but Smackdown's #1 Announca ended up getting the pinfall victory here on Jamie Noble with what looked to be some sort of inverted DDT off the top rope.
Winner: Funaki via pinfall

Bill DeMott vs. Weekly Jobber
I have no idea what the point of this match was. Bill DeMott came down and just gave this jobber two hard clotheslines and the match was ended via knockout I suppose. Bill DeMott althought the supposed heel in the match ended up getting a huge pop after power-bombing the jobber post-match. The post-match confrontation with him and the refs lasted longer than the entire match itself. I don't know if the jobber just gave up or what. But this match was no good.
Winner: Bill DeMott via knockout

Tajiri vs. Johnny Stamboli w/Nunzio
I liked this match a lot. Tajiri was very comedic as after he sent Stamboli over the top rope he did a little flick under the chin thing which made the crowd laugh a lot. Tajiri locked in the tarantula which was awesome to see on Stamboli as well. This match was pretty much Tajiri with a few power moves by Stamboli and interference from Nunzio. Stamboli picked up the victory with a power slam of some sorts.
Winner: Johnny Stamboli via pinfall

Onto [color=blue]Smackdown![/color] we go...

Rey Mysterio & Brian Kendrick vs. Matt Hardy & Shannon Moore
This match was by far the best match of the evening hands down. It showcased what the cruiserweights are about and Matt Hardy ended up picking up the clean victory when he hit a Twist of Fate on Kendrick. There was good offense put on by all members of the match. Post-Match, Mysterio ambushed the ring and ended up hitting the 619 on Shannon Moore and the West Coast Pop as well. Matt Hardy ended up having the last word though by hitting not one, but two Twist of Fates on Rey Mysterio.
Winners: Matt Hardy & Shannon Moore via pinfall

We saw Hogan on the screen and the fans popped huge seeing him walk through the backstage area, and guess who was with him? None other than the mouth from the south, Jimmy Hart!

Charlie Haas w/ Shelton Benjamin vs. Eddie Guerrero w/Chavo
This was a good match all around. A strong Eddie chant was made at the beginning of the match. I don't know if Eddie was selling an arm injury of sorts during the match but he held his left arm for most of it. I think he was legitimately hurt as he didn't end up winning with his trademark Frog Splash, just a unique roll-up so to speak. I hope this doesn't effect the match this Sunday at Wrestlemania at all. Either that or I'm a complete fool.
Winner: Eddie Guerrero via pinfall

Kurt Angle comes on screen and asks to where Brock Lesnar's locker room is. End of Segment

We see a shot of the next match coming up and it's Nathan Jones making his debut against Chuck Palumbo

We come back to find the Undertaker on the screen and he finds Nathan Jones who opens up a door to a locker room to find Chuck Palumbo on the floor. I guess we won't be seeing Nathan Jones' debut tonight. I feel so cheated...

Torrie Wilson package plays promoting her Playboy shoot. She is HOT! HOT! HOT! Afterwards Nidia comes on with Jamie Noble and complains about her not being on Playboy. It ends up being a bit humorous as Noble gets slapped for oogling over a poster of the Playboy Cover with Torrie Wilson. It sets up the match between the two coming up next.

Torrie Wilson vs. Nidia w/Jamie Noble
Torrie Wilson picked up the victory in a short and sweet match. There were a few wicked bumps in this match. But this was all simply filler to promote that magazine of hers. At least it was short.
Winner: Torrie Wilson via pinfall

Backstage we see Nathan Jones being confronted by his opponents at Wrestlemania, A-Train and Big Show. Big Show and A-Train just look at Jones and say that he won't do anything without Taker around. End of segment.

Big Show & A-Train vs. Chris Benoit & Rhyno
Chris Benoit applied his technical style to carry Big Show who simply lugged around the ring and threw Benoit throughout the course of the match. A-Train got the usual shave your back chants. Benoit shined in this match. Rhyno got in the usual moves as well, the gore and what not. When things were looking pretty gloomy from the ramp comes Nathan Jones who enters the ring and punches Big Show and A-Train back and forth, back and forth, back and forth about 5 or 6 times. It was pretty ridiculous and then finally Big Show took him out which was a nice change of pace. Then came out Undertaker to save the day completely and clean house. Jones and Taker stood in the ring after all was said and done and got some pops, mostly meant for Taker. They stood at the top of the ramp and both lifted their fists up for another pop.
Winners: Big Show & A-Train via DQ

We see another Hogan/McMahon video. I'm not going to go through all of them since they pretty much aired in between every single match, but this one had footage from last week's assault by Vince McMahon on Hogan.

Big Bad Voodoo Child plays and out comes Hogan to a thunderous ovation. It was by far the loudest pop anyone got in the entire evening. He gave a pretty good promo concerning the match at Wrestlemania. I'm glad he made an appearance because it was my own way of saying Thank You to Hogan, that's for sure. Hogan's first words, "You're Damn right Vince McMahon fears Hulk Hogan". The other humorous line from the promo was, "Vince McMahon might be a genius, but he's an EVIL damn genius". The way Hogan said it was classic. I think Smackdown needed more mic work on the evening, just my opinion.

After this there was a package that listed all the matches scheduled for Wrestlemania. There had been some speculation about whether or not Chief Morley is taking the place of William Regal at Wrestlemania or what effect it had, in the package it had Kane and RVD taking on Chief Morley and Lance Storm for the Tag Titles, so that clears up any confusion there.

Shelton Benjamin w/Charlie Haas vs. Chavo Guerrero
This was another decent match. Both men got a good amount of action in, but it was another roll-up victory for Los Guerreros in the evening. The crowd was pretty silent for most of this match with a slight Chavo chant being heard. Afterwards with Los Guerreros celebrating in the ring, Team Angle came from behind with their belts and clocked both Eddie and Chavo. Then came Benoit and Rhyno out to ringside to clean shop and get rid of Team Angle. Benoit and Rhyno were the last ones left in the ring.
Winner: Chavo Guerrero via pinfall

Backstage we had Kurt Angle finally making his way to Brock Lesnar's locker room and there was a bit of a mutual confrontation going on. I could hear most of it, unfortunately the fans just wanted to chant WHAT! after every single phrase Kurt said which sucked royally. It was a bit eerie with the foreshadowing Kurt Angle made. He said something along the lines of, "If you end my career at Wrestlemania, Brock, then to me, it doesn't matter, because I've done it all in this business." To the casual fan I guess that didn't seem like much but to me it did. Kurt I hope you know what you're doing at Wrestlemania.

Main Event
John Cena vs. Rikishi
Cena came out to his hip-hop thugonomics music and got a mixed reaction from the crowd, all the while as Rikishi made his entrance, he got a huge pop. The fans popped again for the Stink Face on John Cena, Lord why I have no clue. John Cena ended up getting the victory after he CLEANLY lifted Rikishi on his shoulders, held him there and slammed him from his shoulders down to the mat. John Cena wins via the Death Valley Driver
Winner: John Cena via pinfall

Post-Match John Cena called out Brock Lesnar and demanded that he come out to the ring. John Cena ends up leaving the ring to go looking for Brock, and seemingly we come from a commercial break. Cena ends up coming back out to ringside in a matter of 15 seconds. Good searching there for Brock. He ends up saying that he's gonna wait now since he's been informed that Brock is making his way to the ring. He then says he didn't know that Brock sucked as much as San Jose. MAJOR HEAT from the crowd. Brock's music hits and he gets a loud pop from the crowd, second to Hogan's. He makes his way to the ring and stares down Cena, who looks like a Cruiserweight compared to Lesnar. Cena and Lesnar have their verbal exchange until Cena spits in the face, which prompts an assault on Cena by Lesnar and Brock ends up hitting the F5 on Cena.

End Of Show

[color=indigo]It scares me how strong Cena is though...he looks so much smaller then guys like Brock, Goldberg, and Stiener, but he is freakin powerful...

That is one reason I don't see a feud between Goldberg and Lessnar...I think Lessnar and Cena are going to go at it at Backlash...[/color]

Oh gosh, I'm a big fan of Cena. His mic skills are incredible. It's excellent that the WWE is finally taking advantage of his gift.

Speaking of Cena, here is an interesting Wrestlemania spoiler that you guys might find interesting:

[spoiler]"In an attraction that has just been added to the WWE's Wrestlemania XIX on Sunday, Brooklyn, New York's Fabolous will square off against 240-pound Boston wrestler John Cena. Fab hasn't gone totally crazy ? he won't be fighting in the ring. Instead, the platinum MC will be defending the honor of hip-hop. He accepted Cena's open challenge for a rap-off."[/spoiler]

Moving on, I [i]hope[/i] that Rob Van Dam and Kane do not win the tag team titles--and I highly doubt they will. They are both strong, stand-alone singles competitors. The WWE won't be able to keep them together for long. With the impending return of Kevin Nash and rumors that he will be forming a tag team with Shawn Micheals, I would assume that the Raw side will stick with heel champions until Nash and Micheals are ready for a run. I suspect that Dudley Boy interference is very likely in the Raw tag title match.

I also don't see Matt Hardy losing the cruiserweight title yet. The WWE is using him to boost the credibility of the division, much as it did when Triple H and Kane were given Intercontinental title runs a couple years ago. I could be wrong, but I think that the Hardy/Mysterio feud will be carried out to Backlash. We'll see.

Lastly, here is another interesting spoiler, this time concerning the Lesnar/Angle match.

[spoiler]The recently returned Slam! Wrestling website is reporting a possible spoiler outcome for Sunday's WrestleMania XIX WWE championship match between Brock Lesnar and Kurt Angle. Apparently, there's a possibility of Team Angle turning on Kurt at the end of the show to explain his injury absence that will follow. Lesnar will likely make the save, and Kurt Angle will walk away from Safeco Field as a babyface.[/spoiler]

most definately I agree.........and also I see brian and Shannon or Matt doing something the following shows to come.

The nathan jones undertaker vs. A-train and big show at Wrestlemania is going to suck. God just put Nathan by himself in a macth vs. Big show or A-train for a decent singles. Or just keep the tag match......

wow thats retarded, I highly doubt Wrestlemania is going to "suck" just because Nathan Jones is in a tag match. Sure I'd love to see Taker do something bigger, but I dont think hes capible of carrying a higher caliber match. I've actually seen Jones wrestle a few times about a year ago in WWA, he really isnt that bad.

As much as I don't like the match, I will see it anyway cuz its WMXIX, so if ya don't wanna see it then you don't have to order the PPV or ya can just swiitch the channel to somethin else. Maybe this match wil turn out to be good

I really don't like Cena's raps so that in turn makes me not lke his mic work all that much even tho I know its only a gimmick. But the raps just make me lose interest fast and its just an embarrasing site to see.

I did hear bout Cena and Lesnar feud but I really don't see Cena as a main eventer, I mean I am sure he has some good wrestling abilities I just havn't really seen that too much lately, I mean I think they pushed him way to much in the beginning and now he has just slid off, and that could be why I don't have that much respect for him now.

well thats all for my mindless rantings.

[color=indigo]I definatly agree that pushing wrestlers (especially with lots of debut promos) is a bit on the overkill side. You get sick of people like Cena and Nathan Jones before they even wrestle.

I really think that there are some good wrestlers that could be decent cards if the WWE marketed them right. I used to think Shawn O'Hare was a great wrestler...but now he is doing shadow matches. Another wrestler that is under spotlighted is Maven. It is almost like the WWE said "well he won tough enough, what do we do with him now?"

Hopefully, with the new "split" WWE, we'll get to see some better writing for the younger card wrestlers...[/color]