OtakuBoards

WWF(E) Review

GhostofSalvtore

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd give raw B- but the Hurricane with the dudleyz made the show better.
And if you all didn't.

Jeff Hardy kissed trish how dare he I was supposed to when i built a time machine to become the next WWE champ. And go out with Trish.

*Everyone stares at him because he begins mubling to himself.*

*cough cough* Anyway I wonder if we should attempt creating a nWo banner.

Speaking of the nWo, what ever happened to Big Daddy Cool Diesel, aka Big Sexy Kevin Nash. I heard that big sucka was coming back soon, and would be at Wrestlemania, but I haven't seen or heard a damn thing from/about him in a while. I hope he's atleast involved in the show, maybe come and help out HBK against Christian, who will undoubtubly run in. Last I heard he lost some 40 odd pounds and is in the best shape hes been in in years.

And where are all the mid card matches for Wrestlmania. Its usually like a 4 hour show, yet theres only some 7 or so matches lined up. Lets see Test, Jeff Hardy, and most importantly the Hurricane, along with some other guys, get some mid-card grudge matches.

And is it just my, or is it weird that there hasn't even been a match set up for the Raw Tag Titles. I'm guessing Regal & Storm, Kane & RVD, and the Dudleyz, but who knows. They've gotta do something soon thou, since theres only 1 RAW left before Wrestlemania. GET IT IN GEAR VINCE!

From what I've heard, Nash has pretty much recovered. But, he won't be completely healed until the Wrestlemania air date. Considering the fiasco that unfolded last time the booking team rushed his return, I'm thankful that the WWE is being cautious and withholding Nash from the card. His return to the ring should be gradual.

And, Wrestlemania has [i]plenty[/i] of matches. There are nine (gasp) on the most recent card. Wrestlemania is usually about four hours long, and many of the upper card matches will most likely reach upwards of thirty minutes in length. Factor in Limp Bizkit, the Miller Lite girls, and possible last minute additions involving the Raw tag titles, Test, Steiner, and Jeff Hardy, and you have a packed card.

Anyway, I don't mind joining the nWo group, but let's refrain from getting off topic. This really isn't the place to talk about sig cliques and banners. Much of this sidetracked discussion could be limited to private messages. ~_^

Well lets look at this, some matches may last 20 min or even 30 mins. And the card right now isn't final, the RAW tag titles will be in, Jeff Hardy has to have something(maybe a run in the Matt Hardy match) But I am sure there willl be some more. And also the greatest band limp bizkit will be performing(and I was being sarcastic) Most PPVs dont seem to last as long as they are scheduled to. Hopefully WMX9 will be long but not too long where some matches just draw out too long.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Heaven's Cloud [/i]
[B][color=indigo]I also thought of an angle that may come into play. When have we ever seen Vince Mcmahon fight fair? Do you think it will be any different at WWXIX? I think that would be a great match to introduce a new alliance or a new wrestler "hint, hint"...[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

I was thinking about this earlier. It would be a nice opportunity for the WWE to bring Bill Goldberg in. It [i]is[/i] a big match situation, after all, on the biggest stage in the business. The match is a no disqualification fight, after all. Hogan wouldn't necessarily have to lose--because it would be nice to see him actually feud with Goldberg and have a match at Backlash.

Then again, the WWE will probably put a huge promotional machine behind Goldberg instead of having him debut spontaneously.

As for Rock, I've heard that he's leaving after Backlash. Which is a shame, really. I love how he puts the younger talent over, as opposed to workers like Triple H and Steve Austin.

[b]Edit:[/b] [i]Courtesy of Wrestlezone[/i]

[quote]WWE announced that their June pay-per view for this year will be called "Bad Blood". Of course, every year before their June pay-per view was "King of the Ring", but due to the brand extension, things change this year.

As widely documented the past few months, WWE will be holding split roster pay-per view. The first is expected to be the June "Bad Blood" pay-per view which is tenatively scheduled to be a RAW pay-per view show. After that, each brand will have 4 pay-per views per year, with both sides coming together to hold joint pay-per views at WrestleMania, Survivor Series, Royal Rumble, and SummerSlam.[/quote]

I figured that some of you would find that interesting.

[color=blue][size=3] SmackDown![/color] [color=red]WARNING: Spoilers[/size][/color]

-
--
---
----
-----
------
-------
--------
---------

Smackdown! Tapings: [Airdate - 3/20]

- Michael Cole and Tazz come down for ringside commentary. They also air renditions of "America the Beautiful" before the Smackdown! opening hits, including a quick recap of the incidents last week where Kurt Angle snuck out a victory over Brock Lesnar.

- Charlie Haas vs. Rhyno. Shelton Benjamin accompanies Haas and Chris Benoit accompanies Rhyno. These four, along with Los Guerreros will face off in a triple threat match for the tag team titles at Wrestlemania 19. Benjamin uses every opportunity possible to try and interfere so Benoit chases him around for a bit. Haas works over the knee of Rhyno for several minutes. Rhyno fights out and tries for the Gore, but Benjamin hauls him down drawing Benoit in. Rhyno wins when Haas ends up using the title belt, causing a disqualification win.

- Backstage, Stephanie tells Brian Kendrick that she was disappointed to find out he was The Penguin. Every week he defies her authority. Doesn't he understand that he's a liability, that he's not a part of the Smackdown! roster. Kendrick says he thought by beating Matt Hardy he would impress her but he says he's sorry. Stephanie says that she didn't call him in here to yell at him. Tonight, she will offer him an opportunity. He will get a Smackdown! contract if he beats Shannon Moore tonight. Kendrick thanks Stephanie for the opportunity.

- Another John Cena promo airs. Says that he has an open challenge at Wrestlemania 19 to outrap anyone. And then after that he has eyes set on The Next Big Thing. He also reveals that next week he will return to Smackdown! and warns Brock that payback is a *****.

- Another Los Guerreros promo is shown. They offer to play golf with a couple other people and place a little wager. As expected, the Guerreros cheat to win.

- Rikishi, Eddie & Chavo Guerrero vs. Chuck Palumbo, Johnny Stamboli & Nunzio. FBI double and triple team Chavo on a number of occasions, isolating him in their half of the ring. Chavo finally ends up tagging out to Eddie who tags out to Rikishi who cleans house and then tags Eddie back in. Eddie hits the Frog Splash on Palumbo and gets the pinfall victory.

- Backstage, we see Hulk Hogan who is getting ready to sign a contract later tonight to wrestle Vince at Wrestlemania.

- Rey Mysterio vs. Jamie Noble. Noble has Mysterio has in trouble for much of the match but at one point Nidia interferes and Mysterio takes her out with a pescado. Noble gets angry and tries a Tiger Bomb which is countered. Mysterio then hits the 619 and the West Coast Pop and pins Noble. Match went about six minutes.

- Backstage, Kurt Angle tries to pump up his brother Eric Angle, saying they're going to stand up to Brock Lesnar, etc. etc. Cole can't get over how much the two look alike, saying they are almost like twins.

- Team Angle Interview. Eric is selling his injuries from last week at the hands of Brock Lesnar by walking around in crutches. Kurt says well, well, well, look who's still the WWE champion. When Stephanie forced him to face Brock, he admits that he was nervous but only for a second. Then he remembered that not only is he the greatest athlete this business has ever seen, but he's also the smartest. Intensity, integrity and intelligence and don't you people forget that. He says Eric withstood Brock's onslaught, allowing him to beat Brock 1-2-3. Kurt tells Eric that he's the best brother a guy can have - he loves him. And not like the people in Kentucky like their families, not in that way you sickos. Kurt tells Eric again that he loves him and Eric responds by saying that "Mom was right - you don't suck". Kurt asks Brock if he's happy. He just injured an innocent man and nobody but nobody lays a hand on his brother. Kurt promises that this will never ever happen again. And Brock Lesnar, you say you're the next big thing. You're not the next big thing, you're the next big sore loser. You can't beat me so you take your anger out on my brother Eric you big loser! Kurt tells Brock that he's an embarassment and a disgrace to amateur and professional wrestling alike. He only has one more thing to say - I'm the champion and you're not. Oh and another thing, Kurt demands an apology for what he did to Eric last week. What you do to one Angle, you do to all Angles. He demands that Brock come down and apologize right now, face-to-face. Instead, Stephanie McMahon's music hits and out she comes. Stephanie says she's the one who's sorry - because not only does he still have to defend his title at Wrestlemania, but should he try to get counted out or disqualified, he will forfeit his WWE title. She says it's not a punishment, it's like a reward. She says that Kurt and Brock are two of the finest athletes around and they owe it to the fans to give the best damn Wrestlemania match they can. Kurt says he can accept it but he won't do it for this people; he'll do it for himself. He says he won an Olympic gold medal with a broken neck and he can surely beat Lesnar one more time. But he says he's not going anywhere until Brock Lesnar comes out and apologizes. Stephanie says then fine, have it your way and on cue, Brock comes out. Kurt throws Eric in front of Brock. Brock then gets low-blowed and then hit with a crutch in the neck. Kurt then brings in a chair and hits an Angle Slam on it.

- Undertaker vs. Bill DeMott. Standard match with much of what you'd expect from these two. Taker ends up hitting a chokeslam near the end and then follows it up by hitting the Tombstone piledriver for the victory.

- Backstage, doctors evaluate Brock Lesnar's condition. They fear that he has broken ribs, the same injury he suffered last year around the Survivor Series I believe.

- Shannon Moore vs. Brian Kendrick. Matt Hardy is alongside Moore for this match. Hardy at one point slams Kendrick into the steel steps, but Kendrick ends up kicking out. This prompts Mysterio to come out to even up the sides. Moore gets distracted by this and Kendrick ends up pinning him for the win. Kendrick now has a job on the Smackdown! roster.

- They show a clip of the Miller Light Cat Fight girls and announce that they will be appearing at Wrestlemania 19.

- Chris Benoit vs. Shelton Benjamin. Haas and Rhyno are both ringside. Benoit gets the Crossface on Benjamin so Charlie Haas tries to interfere, but Rhyno delivers a Gore. Benjamin can't escape and is forced to tap out, giving Benoit the victory.

- Mean Gene Okerlund gets into the ring and talks about Hulk Hogan and Vince McMahon, saying without these two, there would be no Wrestlemania. Tonight, they will sign their contracts for their match at the PPV, one that is 20 years in the making. Hogan is introduced first and the announcers re-iterate that if Hogan loses, he will have to retire from wrestling. Hogan chants engulf the arena so Okerlund says let's get on with business. Hogan interrupts him and says that these Hulkamaniacs are unbelievable so they start chanting his name again. Hogan finally starts talking and says that he understands what this contract means, but there's no way in hell he's going to let Hulkamania die. Vince McMahon had the audacity to come out here and says that made Hulkamania, but as God as his witness, he is dead-*** wrong. Hogan says that as he stands before everyone, as he lives and breathes, the fans made Vince McMahon. But instead of standing out here all night long, why don't we get Vince out here right now and get this contract done. Vince's music hits but McMahon sneaks up behind Hogan hits him with a steel chair. He nails Hogan several times and then hits him with a shot to the head, busting Hogan open. Vince signs the contract and then makes Hogan sign the contract in his own blood.

- End of show.

Yeah I heard about that, I hope they at least move the KotR to another month, because that is one of there big ppvs and to get rid of it isn't a smart idea, unless they make this "Bad Blood" have a specific match like Royal Rumble has the...Royal Rumble.

HHH has been in a way putting talent over(not tryin to defend him or anything) with matches against Maven and Goldust. He has been doing a little bit. Austin on the other hand has not ever, I dont think, helped with the younger guys.

Goldberg going to SD would really help them out, with SD losing alot of their big namers, I Think Goldberg could feel the void till they get back on their feet, I hope.

[QUOTE]
[i]From Wrestlezone...[/i]
WWE sent Bill Goldberg a contract prior to their No Way Out pay-per view in February. Apparently, at this point both sides are really close to an agreement. The money issue is seemingly settled, but creative and date issues still remain. However, unlike before, the sides are not as far apart in negotiating those issues out. If and when Goldberg does come to an agreement with WWE, it is expected that WWE will immediately debut him on their TV. [/QUOTE]

So there you go guys, I have a feeling Goldberg will be seen on Wrestlemania, maybe not [i]interfering[/i] in the lesnar-Angle match, but just being there, and then maybe beating Benoit the SD after Wrestlezone, becoming #1 contender....

Nomad, wana join the nWo, its a little clan for peopel that like Wrestling....

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by GhostofSalvtore [/i]
[B]
HHH has been in a way putting talent over(not tryin to defend him or anything) with matches against Maven and Goldust. He has been doing a little bit. Austin on the other hand has not ever, I dont think, helped with the younger guys.
[/B][/QUOTE]

HHH did not put over Maven in the least. If anything, he pushed the kid back. I mean, think about it. Only a year ago, Maven knocked Taker over the top rope at RR, nearly beat Jericho for the Undisputed Title, took the hardcore title from Taker, and Walked in and out of Wrestlemania with the Hardcore title. That was amazing. Now, this year, Triple H randomly picks him out from the back, and basically squashes him in a five minute match, planting him with a spinebuster and a Pedigree. All Maven got in was a Jawbreaker and a few punches.

And as for Golddust, that man souldn't need putting over. He sould have won the WWF Title long ago. Think about it, Goldie has been w/the WWF longer than just about anyone, and his matches back in the day, especially his Hollywood Backlot Brawl with Rowdy Roddy Pipper at Wrestlemania 12 I think it was, where amazing. What that man needs is a singles puch like none other.

And back to the nWo, I'll join that jun if you guys will have me.

sure i'll join

stayn on topic....

- The original plan in regard to the title match at Wrestlemania 19 was for Chris Benoit to take Kurt Angle's place. The only disagreements internally were whether to have it as a face vs. face match or to turn Benoit heel by aligning him with Paul Heyman. The latter scenario would have seen Benoit injure Angle and then for Team Angle to back up Benoit and change into Team Benoit. Benoit would also have been revealed as the unknown wrestler who injured Edge. Though this is a moot point, reportedly, Vince McMahon favored keeping Benoit face.

- Representatives of both Goldberg and WWE have stated that the two sides are very close on a deal. Goldberg was sent a contract before No Way Out and since then the two sides have been working through it to mutually modify it. In terms of salary, that is settled and the only stumbling blocks remaining are dates and creative but they aren't too far apart on those. If Goldberg does come to an agreement with WWE, it is expected that he will debut very soon after his signing.

- WWE will be putting out a Steve Austin autobiography in the near future as ideas for it have just recently begun.

Source: [b][i]Wrestling Observer Newsletter[/i][/b].

Sure guys, your in, just put it in your sig...

Now onto WWE. I was wondering what your thoughts are on a subject I've been deiscussing on the WZForums. Whata think it would be like if Rey Mysterio won the World title. How great would that be, just haveing HHH not be champ would rule, but it looks like thats gunna happen at WM, when Booker takes the title. And then The ROck is likely to face Booker at Backlash...

Well Maven needs a match, any match, wasn't he injured for quite some time and then came back just a while ago, I may be wrong. So he needs some kind of match w/a big namer. I don't know where Maven can fit on the RAW brand maybe you(outlaw) can tell me where you think he should be right now.

Well Goldust also needs a match as well since the people he was feuding with, Orton and Batista are now gone.

Question for everyone; for the guys who don't have a match at WMX9 or the lowcarders, where do you see them come WMX9 and beyond, for the RAW brand?