OtakuBoards

DVDs

Kuja

i got the ps2 cause there wasnt that many games anymore and couldnt wait for the gamecube. the dvd player is a nice extra though. I think it would be better to bye a normal dvd player its cheaper and its got a remote controll which is better than useing the dualshock2

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by gundamcat17 [/i]
[B]just so everyone knows you have to buy ps2 compatible dvds...
they are being released now but don't get your hopes up on buyin mononoke hime and having it work [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=blue]Actually that's not quite correct.

Any DVD that works in your region (ie: USA, I forget the zone number), should work on your American PlayStation 2.

In some cases, you may find an incompatibility, but it's so rare that it's not worth worrying about. 99% of DVDs in your region will work fine on your PS2.

I've watched many different movies on my PS2 so far and I haven't encountered a single problem.[/color]

maybe it is a factory defect for my zone but not a single dvd that i own other than the 3 that say ps2 compatible have worked...i don't know however it maybe the region issue most of my anime dvds are region 2...my computer reads all regions so i never really cared about the number before

James is correct, if you have a US ps2 then you can view all US dvd's, same goes with UK ps2's, but if you were lucky enough to get a japanese ps2 when it first came out, then you can watch [I]any[/I] dvd because of a mix up that occured when they made the ps2's....

[SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]yes... US/Canada is zone 1 i think... well i know canada is... europe is 2 i think... and i dont know past that cause the american ones dont show what they are at target lol[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]there are laws on it... say in the US you want a movie made in england... there are import taxes and stuff you have to pay... so they are required to do that so that only the real expensive DVD players can do them all... it some legal crap... dont bother trying to understand it... that would be like trying to understand y i wore a thong during FF9... a phase i dont remember lol[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]